PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance...

MrRobot
18-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi there

Looking for some help.

I have recently had a claim made against me for a scratch on another car(which I dont think I did do) and I hadn't heard from the person(was around 3-4 weeks ago). I got a call today from my insurance to say there has been a claim on this. Now for a scratch about 8-9 inches long, does anybody know how much this would cost to be sprayed ? It was on the door and shouldnt even require a full door respray(policeman said t-cut would do most the job)

Also, she had to get a courtesy car(God knows why for a scratch) and also had to gte her car picked up to be taken to the garage(wtf?!). Do I also need to cover the cost of the courtesy car im I am just going to offer to pay the bill to the insurance company to save my insurance taking a whack ?

Total nightmare, for something that would have cost about 40quid if she let me get it fixed, I could now be looking at a much higher bill.

So anybody know how much all of this could come to ? Door respray(or just section respray), courtesy car and also pick up ?

All help appreciated, Cal.

ArabHibee
19-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Coupd of question for you.
If you didn't think you did it, why did you give her your details;
Have your insurance company said they are going to pay out on the claim?

When you are in an accident, you are always told by your insurance company - "admit nothing" :greengrin

MrRobot
19-05-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't really know tbh, I came out the shop, hands were full and somebody came screaming at me and with the police saying I fled the scene, I parked in another bay cause I knew I wouldnt get the doors open. Person didnt make any comment walking into the shop, while I was going in/out of the spot and there was no paint the colour of their car on my car. They were stood leaning against their car during the time I apparently hit it ? She told me when I came out the shop she had already been to my car. It just seems too dodgy to me.

I felt no bump, heard no noise, she had no reaction at the time, didnt try to flag me down and only did once I left the shop and she was alone with my car.

ArabHibee
20-05-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm a wee bit confused with your post above. Were the police involved?

MrRobot
20-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah she phoned them and said i fled the scene when really i parked in another spot and got some shopping. I dont wanna get stung for a bill for something i didnt do.

I have a witness saying i didnt touch the car but she has put the claim into my company. Obviously they are looking into it but im just not wanting my premiums to go up.

She was at the car when she claims i hit it
But never tried to speak to me bedore i went in the shop, made no attempt to stop me driving away and had been to my car when i was in the shop. I also had no black paint on my car which my mechanic confirmed.

Really annoying that somebodies at it.

ArabHibee
20-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm hoping you've told your insurance company all this? Tell them you never admitted liability (I assume you didn't?), tell them you've got a witness and the whole story as above and let them deal with it. Insurance companies will not pay out just for The hell of it. If they have a sniff of something not being right, they'll be all over it like a rash. Don't hold your breath either, these things take ages to resolve.

MrRobot
23-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm hoping you've told your insurance company all this? Tell them you never admitted liability (I assume you didn't?), tell them you've got a witness and the whole story as above and let them deal with it. Insurance companies will not pay out just for The hell of it. If they have a sniff of something not being right, they'll be all over it like a rash. Don't hold your breath either, these things take ages to resolve.

Thanks for the advice, I've had my mum sorting this for me(she wont give in easy either) but yeah ive told the company and they think its dodgy so im hoping they realise. Theres no chance im letting her away with this.

Hillsidehibby
23-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Insurance companies get hundreds of claims like this every day.

Its called knock for knock. Your word against theirs. Even though you have a witness they will take the easy way out to avoid costly legal bills, pay for the damage and you will end up with the higher premium next year, after paying your excess.

Sorry to rain on your parade mate but I have just been there.

Best of luck.

easty
24-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the advice, I've had my mum sorting this for me(she wont give in easy either) but yeah ive told the company and they think its dodgy so im hoping they realise. Theres no chance im letting her away with this.

You've been letting your mum deal with it??

Grow a pair lad, you're 20 now!

MrRobot
24-05-2011, 10:15 PM
You've been letting your mum deal with it??

Grow a pair lad, you're 20 now!

Work during the day so I dont really have time tbh, hence why I want it dealt with and chucked out. I've no got time for the ***** so ive let her speak on my behalf, plus she knows what im talking about.