PDA

View Full Version : Colin Calderwood

FromTheCapital
18-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I like how the guy comes out is 100% honest. He was right when he said that the team (Hamilton) who attacked better in the 1st half won the match.

:cgwa

hibee1994
18-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Seems like a really good guy, admits when the opposition were better and doesn't look like he is going to be a controversial guy like some managers we know...*cough* lennon *cough*:wink:

Vault Boy
18-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Agree, seems like a great guy, and a very respect worthy manager due to it. To be honest it brings a sense of pride having a manager who is so down to Earth, and honest. :cgwa

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry really dont agree we should have changed the team once we went 1 down i still dont think we have a manager with a clue

subs this weekend come on Stevenson is not going to change the game nor is big Stephens

played VAN TAZ (or whaterever his name is ) in midfield i thought he was a striker

the seasons over the next 5 games will be murder i hope next season is better

joe_hfc
18-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Sorry really dont agree we should have changed the team once we went 1 down i still dont think we have a manager with a clue

subs this weekend come on Stevenson is not going to change the game nor is big Stephens

played VAN TAZ (or whaterever his name is ) in midfield i thought he was a striker

I regret to admit that you don't seem to have a Scooby.

moredun
18-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Ok then, so if it wasnt Stephens putting a few good crosses in near the end, who was it?

soupy
18-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Aye, ill second that:.......:

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 12:29 PM
if you are happy too watch that performance then good for you.. for me they are all not good enough to wear the green

Allant1981
18-04-2011, 12:35 PM
if you are happy too watch that performance then good for you.. for me they are all not good enough to wear the green

Were you saying this when we won 5 games on the bounce, yip yesterdays result was dire but there prob isnt going to be many decent games between now and the end of the season. Isnt ideal but thats life

EskbankHibby
18-04-2011, 12:39 PM

I think the OP was referring to CC's honest appraisal of how the game went and his humility in giving credit to the opposition following a defeat, not his performance as a manager thus far or during the Hamilton game specifically.

As for the highlighted bit above, the player has a 2 page thread devoted to him on this very messageboard and has been signed to 'our' club since February, have a word.

crewetollhibee
18-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Found out my Yam friend. No Hibs' supporter refers to us as 'wearing the green'. WE wear green AND white. Now troll off.

Removed
18-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Found out my Yam friend. No Hibs' supporter refers to us as 'wearing the green'. WE wear green AND white. Now troll off.

He is a Hibby, I've met him.

And do we not sing to Celtc "we were first to wear the green"

Any Hibs supporter would know that :wink:

http://weknowsfa.spreadshirt.co.uk/first-to-wear-the-green-A13363612

dangermouse
18-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Replaces the injured Palsson at half time, takes off Towell who was having a mare then brings on Stephens to go 3 at the back to push for an equaliser. Exactly what would you have done differently to change the game? Would you have brought Duffy, Murray or Nish on instead?

crewetollhibee
18-04-2011, 01:06 PM
He is a Hibby, I've met him.

And do we not sing to Celtc "we were first to wear the green"

Any Hibs supporter would know that :wink:
Then I bow to your knowledge 65. Granted it's sung, but have you ever heard anyone say or write that we play in green ? Apologies to HH too then.

Removed
18-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Then I bow to your knowledge 65. Granted it's sung, but have you ever heard anyone say or write that we play in green ? Apologies to HH too then.

Or wear the t shirt :greengrin

http://weknowsfa.spreadshirt.co.uk/first-to-wear-the-green-A13363612

silverhibee
18-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Replaces the injured Palsson at half time, takes off Towell who was having a mare then brings on Stephens to go 3 at the back to push for an equaliser. Exactly what would you have done differently to change the game? Would you have brought Duffy, Murray or Nish on instead?

Really, i thought he was hooked for having a poor first half, hope he is fit for our next game.:greengrin

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Get a grip a hearts fan have you renewed your ST for next year I have,i have been watchibg hibs for longer than i care to remember as for the poster knowing me well thanks i cant place you at this time.

getting back to the point

yes it is great to be nice in defeat but i dont take defeat well sorry !!!

Vaz TE i did not have a go i said i thought he was a striker bringing on lewis or stephens two players i feel would not change a game we were aful yesterday simple we now have 3 games at home which will be poor to watch I am looking foeward to next season when i hope the manager will put together a side worth watching, because we won 5 games on the bounce does not make him a great manager lets see what happens with a pre season and more new players.

Removed
18-04-2011, 01:17 PM
as for the poster knowing me well thanks i cant place you at this time.

I was with TOAODS and ArabHibee for a midweek game and you came and sat with us in BTG.

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I was with TOAODS and ArabHibee for a midweek game and you came and sat with us in BTG.

ah yes remember you know cheers how awful was that yesterday i think thats me till next season

dangermouse
18-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Really, i thought he was hooked for having a poor first half, hope he is fit for our next game.:greengrin

He looked like he was struggling with an injury just before half time to me. Happy to be proved wrong though.

TRC
18-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Has Pallson not been injured for the last few games struggling with a calf injury. Seems CC is just not willing to play certain other players.

Stevie Reid
18-04-2011, 02:22 PM
He looked like he was struggling with an injury just before half time to me. Happy to be proved wrong though.

EN reports that he was raging about being taken off, suggesting that he wasn't injured - the game completely passed him by, certainly.

No doubt he looks like an astute signing but much of the praise for him on here has been over the top - especially when compared to how much the jury has been out on Thornhill.

Broken Gnome
18-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Towell was injured as well, with regards to why he came off.

dangermouse
18-04-2011, 03:13 PM
EN reports that he was raging about being taken off, suggesting that he wasn't injured - the game completely passed him by, certainly.

No doubt he looks like an astute signing but much of the praise for him on here has been over the top - especially when compared to how much the jury has been out on Thornhill.

I reckon Thornhill will turn out to be the better of the two from what I've seen.

dangermouse
18-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Towell was injured as well, with regards to why he came off.

I'm not very good at this am I :greengrin Hope I got the reason for Stephens coming on correctly. One out of three aint bad :greengrin

Stevie Reid
18-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I reckon Thornhill will turn out to be the better of the two from what I've seen.

I'm optimistic for the two of them - I've mentioned before on here that I believe they will both play a major part in forming a midfield that the opposition don't like playing against, which will be a major improvement on the last few seasons.

Hibiza
18-04-2011, 03:36 PM
im losing faith with this guy, hamilton, Ayr they all taking the p out of us, nae doubt all be well at the training ground on mon morning. Rod can you not find a manager with a bit a steel, fed up tae f

Hibiza
18-04-2011, 03:40 PM
dear mr petrie, might not mean to much to you , imagine paying a weeks wages to take your laddies to qa game of pure krud. ok 4 u sitting in the box, pure rubbish.complete waste.

Allant1981
18-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Do you know for a fact all will be well at training, do you know for a fact how he interacts with players after wins/defeats? Im guessing no is the answer

marinello59
18-04-2011, 03:49 PM
im losing faith with this guy, hamilton, Ayr they all taking the p out of us, nae doubt all be well at the training ground on mon morning. Rod can you not find a manager with a bit a steel, fed up tae f

dear mr petrie, might not mean to much to you , imagine paying a weeks wages to take your laddies to qa game of pure krud. ok 4 u sitting in the box, pure rubbish.complete waste.

He's had a few months now with his own players. Our patience can only be stretched so far. Mixu must go.....hold on Yogi must...........who exactly is it we want rid of again? Is Calderwood still here?

Arch Stanton
18-04-2011, 04:00 PM
He's had a few months now with his own players. Our patience can only be stretched so far. Mixu must go.....hold on Yogi must...........who exactly is it we want rid of again? Is Calderwood still here?

Yep - we should have sacked him in December and got in in Craig Brown while he was still a fantastic manager. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Wanted rid of him after the Ayr debacle, but now I want to keep him. He did okay in the last transfer window and if he gets the chance to remodel this summer, we could be a force again.

But I think if we're not contending for a European slot next season, it'll get very, very hard for him. It's not a strong league and we're one of the best resourced clubs in it, so we're entitled to ask more in terms of performances and results like Saturday's one, against a club that has been doomed since we put that wee run together.

He seems to know what he's looking for, and appears to be a smart, determined man. However, football is a results-orientated sport and ours have been lousy. We've arrested our decline but as yet, we're still way, way short of where we need to be.

snooky
18-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Wanted rid of him after the Ayr debacle, but now I want to keep him. He did okay in the last transfer window and if he gets the chance to remodel this summer, we could be a force again.

But I think if we're not contending for a European slot next season, it'll get very, very hard for him. It's not a strong league and we're one of the best resourced clubs in it, so we're entitled to ask more in terms of performances and results like Saturday's one, against a club that has been doomed since we put that wee run together.

He seems to know what he's looking for, and appears to be a smart, determined man. However, football is a results-orientated sport and ours have been lousy. We've arrested our decline but as yet, we're still way, way short of where we need to be.

Good assessment of the current situation, DBS. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
18-04-2011, 06:04 PM

Funny that, I thought that Stephens made a massive difference with his deliveries from the right when he came on, gave us far more width and accurate delivery into the box...as for VAZ TE don't think we've saw enough of him yet to know where his best position is so I'll put my trust in CC on that one :flag:

ancient hibee
18-04-2011, 06:21 PM

I'm sure he knows what he wants but the players are so inconsistent.Dickoh has played reasonably well recently but on Sunday he allows a midget to run half the length of the field and doesn't even attempt to give him a wee bump and then Sodje has a free header away and heads it straight forward instead of out to the wing-players at Leith Links wouldn't do that.

Speedway
18-04-2011, 07:53 PM

According to an increasing number of posters, his name appears to be Get Te.