.Sean.
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Only 6 sleeps now guys :hyper:

Hope you've learnt all the words! :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
13-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Only 6 sleeps now guys :hyper:

Hope you've learnt all the words! :greengrin

I'm just as excited as I was before the Barrowland gig. Hopefully a couple more songs added to the setlist (Wigwam and their Across the Universe cover) and I'll be happy.

I'll still not be disappointed if its the same as the Barrowland gig. They'll be awesome and hopefully the crowd are just as up for it.

H18sry
13-04-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7o7y9IjUq0&feature=player_embedded#at=76
:thumbsup:

bod
13-04-2011, 07:42 PM
it'l be a pretty green fashion show

bod
13-04-2011, 08:06 PM
there's somebody selling 4 tickets at face value for the corn exhange on the Beady Eye forum if anyones looking for tickets

seanraff07
13-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Can't wait for it!

Listening to the album about 3 times a day at the moment, love it :agree:

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 08:54 PM
it'l be a pretty green fashion showI assume the other gigs have been the same?

I've a few PG items, being the black paisley t-shirt, monkey jacket and a polo. Won't be wearing any those items on Monday though as I imagine it'll be everywere. The Pretty Green jeans are subtle though, and i'd thouroughly reccomend them. Not overly expensive compared to other designer jeans either, they're miles ahead (and cheaper) than muck like G-Star.

H18sry
13-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I have knocked up an album with, World Outside My Room, Sons Of The Stage, and Across The Universe added to the different gear still speeding disc. And I also bought a bootleg copy of The Barrowland's gig :thumbsup:

seanraff07
13-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I have knocked up an album with, World Outside My Room, Sons Of The Stage, and Across The Universe added to the different gear still speeding disc. And I also bought a bootleg copy of The Barrowland's gig :thumbsup:

Sons of Stage is an absolute tune, not sure how it didn't make the album itself!

I'll wear my grey Pretty Green polo to the Corn Exchange gig.:greengrin

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 09:14 PM
H18sry - Dinnae be leaving out the excellent Man of Misery and Two of a Kind!

H18sry
13-04-2011, 09:18 PM
H18sry - Dinnae be leaving out the excellent Man of Misery and Two of a Kind!

Not got a copy of them yet but feel free to pm them to me :greengrin

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Rip them affa the ol' Youtube mate, only place I could find them!

H18sry
13-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Rip them affa the ol' Youtube mate, only place I could find them!

I would if I knew how to :greengrin

.Sean.
13-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Easy man. Load up the video, copy the adress. Think the site is youtube-mp3.com, paste the link and download. Easy peasy, i'm surprised more folk don't use it for the odd song they struggle tn find.

Calvin
14-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I assume the other gigs have been the same?

I've a few PG items, being the black paisley t-shirt, monkey jacket and a polo. Won't be wearing any those items on Monday though as I imagine it'll be everywere. The Pretty Green jeans are subtle though, and i'd thouroughly reccomend them. Not overly expensive compared to other designer jeans either, they're miles ahead (and cheaper) than muck like G-Star.

Dunno likes, I was in the Pretty Green store on Carnaby Street the other month, thought that would be where the best of the best stuff was and I thought it was pretty crap. Decent quality but no improvement or anything new on an already saturated market.

Still, definitely better than G-Star!

Tyler Durden
16-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Sons of Stage is an absolute tune, not sure how it didn't make the album itself!

I'll wear my grey Pretty Green polo to the Corn Exchange gig.:greengrin

Think it's a cover is it not, which would explain why they left it off?

Any idea who's supporting? Miles Kane was earlier in the tour but don't think he is on Monday, which is a shame.

Looking forward to the gig, I'm not blown away by the album but wouldn't miss a chance to see Liam. Hoping the reports of his live vocal improving recently are true.

seanraff07
16-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Think it's a cover is it not, which would explain why they left it off?

Any idea who's supporting? Miles Kane was earlier in the tour but don't think he is on Monday, which is a shame.

Looking forward to the gig, I'm not blown away by the album but wouldn't miss a chance to see Liam. Hoping the reports of his live vocal improving recently are true.

Ah i thought it was their own song? Maybe I'm wrong.

Was about to ask that myself, I would have liked it to be Miles Kane but hopefully whoevers supporting are decent.

.Sean.
16-04-2011, 09:38 PM
penguin, zak starkeys new band, are supporting.

.Sean.
18-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Anybody any idea roughly what time it will finish? The bird's picking me up and she's not wanting to hang about up town for too long, I was thinking we should be out for elevenish?

greenlex
18-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Wee lexette is behind the bar so be nice to her or she'll tell her auld man and I will need to sort yez all out.:(

Josh 01
18-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Spare ticket for tonight if anyone is interested pm me.

MountcastleHibs
18-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Anybody any idea roughly what time it will finish? The bird's picking me up and she's not wanting to hang about up town for too long, I was thinking we should be out for elevenish?

If its anything like the Barrowland gig it'll be done by 10.15. However, they may add wigwam and across the universe to the setlist so it could possibly be a wee bit longer than the 50 minutes they were on stage for in Glasgow.

CB_NO3
18-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Dunno likes, I was in the Pretty Green store on Carnaby Street the other month, thought that would be where the best of the best stuff was and I thought it was pretty crap. Decent quality but no improvement or anything new on an already saturated market.

Still, definitely better than G-Star!

Pretty Green clothes are gash. Just rip offs of already cool clothes and double the price.

seanraff07
18-04-2011, 11:44 PM
What a night man, they were brilliant!

Video i took.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mulGd7-UVoc

.Sean.
18-04-2011, 11:50 PM
That was ****ing superb.

MountcastleHibs
19-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Just brilliant.

Meant to post this up earlier, but great interview with Liam in yesterday's EEN.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/features/Interview-Liam-Gallagher-singer-Oasis.6751709.jp

Bunter
19-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Must be an old fart but I was extremely underwhelmed last night. I think it's clear which Gallagher brother is the talent.

My tin hat's on for the barrage from the Liam acolytes.

gorgie_harp
19-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Must be an old fart but I was extremely underwhelmed last night. I think it's clear which Gallagher brother is the talent.

Don't worry mate. I agree,not the best.:agree::duck::offski:

MountcastleHibs
19-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Oh I totally agree that Noel is the better brother and more talented.

But I love Liam, just for his attitude and arrogance.

cocopops1875
20-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Have to say I im a massive oasis fan but never bought the album so went in blind . The only song that stood out for me was the first in the encore which i was told is a cover which says it all for me. I did think liams voice was very good tho have not said that about an oasis gig for years

MountcastleHibs
20-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Have to say I im a massive oasis fan but never bought the album so went in blind . The only song that stood out for me was the first in the encore which i was told is a cover which says it all for me. I did think liams voice was very good tho have not said that about an oasis gig for years

First song from the encore was Wigwam which is not a cover. The final song, Sons of the Stage, is a cover.

cocopops1875
20-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Fair in that case 1 song was a stand out in my opinion :-)

.Sean.
20-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Fair in that case 1 song was a stand out in my opinion :-)Really?

Four Letter Word in particular was absolutely unreal. Carnage down the front!

MountcastleHibs
20-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Really?

Wasn't it just haha. Such a great opening track and really gets a crowd going.

Tyler Durden
20-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Thought the gig on Monday was good but showed the lack of quality material they have. Which after only one album is no great shock.

Wigwam was superb though and thought Liam's vocals were the best I've heard him in about 10 year. But Morning Son (?) was pretty awful with all the echo and has to be one of the worst closing songs to a set I've seen in a while.

Will still look forward to seeing them again at T - hopefully they can add a few tunes, even few more covers.

cocopops1875
21-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Really?

Yeah really .As I said went in not overly familiar with their material and was not blown away. Good tunes but not great tunes sadly not sure they have classic in them reflected by the fact tickets were available on the day, always gonna have a fan base but never gonna be a massive band