PDA

View Full Version : shopping in dunfermline

The_Horde
31-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Bit of a random post, was just wondering if any of .nets trendier members could give me a bit of shopping advice. Basically I've been guilt tripped by the girlfriend into accompanying her to Primark in dunfermline this weekend.

The major flaw in this plan being that we will likely fall oot as I hate shopping at the best of times. So my plan is, whilst she's shopping in primark, to get a bit of much needed shopping done myself.

Does anybody know what male clothing shops there are near primark? I've tried googling it but its not been much use. (i am aware that primark have a guys section but that's just not hibs class)

Cheers

Gaz
31-03-2011, 05:57 AM
;2768357']Bit of a random post, was just wondering if any of .nets trendier members could give me a bit of shopping advice. Basically I've been guilt tripped by the girlfriend into accompanying her to Primark in dunfermline this weekend.

The major flaw in this plan being that we will likely fall oot as I hate shopping at the best of times. So my plan is, whilst she's shopping in primark, to get a bit of much needed shopping done myself.

Does anybody know what male clothing shops there are near primark? I've tried googling it but its not been much use. (i am aware that primark have a guys section but that's just not hibs class)

Cheers

The kingsgate centre is opposite it with a few shops in it and there is a next and riverisland next door

CallumLaidlaw
31-03-2011, 05:59 AM
directly opposite primark is the kingsgate centre which has burtons, schmooz, D2 jeans, Officers Club, River Island.
Theres a Next along from Primark, and a Manifesto round the corner (its up the street with the Vodafone shop on the corner, which you can see from primark)

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 07:01 AM
I'd just sit in the car if I was you. I went shopping in dunfermline about 2 months ago. Half an hour and I was on on way home again. Not the best.

easty
31-03-2011, 08:55 AM
The kingsgate centre is opposite it with a few shops in it and there is a next and riverisland next door

directly opposite primark is the kingsgate centre which has burtons, schmooz, D2 jeans, Officers Club, River Island.
Theres a Next along from Primark, and a Manifesto round the corner (its up the street with the Vodafone shop on the corner, which you can see from primark)

River Island :bitchy:

Most, almsot all, of the stuff in River Island is crap and over-priced.

Just Jimmy
31-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I'd just sit in the car if I was you. I went shopping in dunfermline about 2 months ago. Half an hour and I was on on way home again. Not the best.

almost exactly the same shops as Dundee so hardly surprising.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 12:16 PM
almost exactly the same shops as Dundee so hardly surprising.

Wouldn't know, I don't live in Dundee. The OP is asking about dunfermline so you're reference to Dundee has no relevance. Nice try mate.

marinello59
31-03-2011, 12:37 PM

It's not great. Not nearly enough Parent and Child spaces. :greengrin

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 01:07 PM
It's not great. Not nearly enough Parent and Child spaces. :greengrin

I've found plenty.:wink:

Woody1985
31-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I've found plenty.:wink:

:faf:

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 04:46 PM
In fact, there are so many, I decided to take up 2!!

:tee hee:

The_Horde
31-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been informed that Glasgow is 10 x better for shopping and also has a primark so we're just gunna train it west instead.

H18sry
31-03-2011, 05:34 PM
;2768776']Thanks for the advice guys. I've been informed that Glasgow is 10 x better for shopping and also has a primark so we're just gunna train it west instead.

Whilst she is in primark you should get your erse along to "Merchant City" great shop's along that street :wink:

DH1875
31-03-2011, 06:08 PM
;2768776']Thanks for the advice guys. I've been informed that Glasgow is 10 x better for shopping and also has a primark so we're just gunna train it west instead.

Who would have thought Glasgow was better for shopping than Dunfermline :tee hee:. It aint 10 times better it's more like 1000 times. I'd stick with Dunfermline though as you'd be in and out in an hour. Glasgow's going to be an all dayer and the bad news is there's 2 Primarks within walking distance of each other. Plus side is there's loads of shops for blokes clothes.

Whilst she is in primark you should get your erse along to "Merchant City" great shop's along that street :wink:

Not if Celtic are at home :boo hoo:.. I'm sure Diamond Dolls is just down from Primark though :wink: .

H18sry
31-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Who would have thought Glasgow was better for shopping than Dunfermline :tee hee:. It aint 10 times better it's more like 1000 times. I'd stick with Dunfermline though as you'd be in and out in an hour. Glasgow's going to be an all dayer and the bad news is there's 2 Primarks within walking distance of each other. Plus side is there's loads of shops for blokes clothes.

Not if Celtic are at home :boo hoo:.. I'm sure Diamond Dolls is just down from Primark though :wink: .

Celtc fans wont shop in "Merchant City " :greengrin

Just Jimmy
31-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Wouldn't know, I don't live in Dundee. The OP is asking about dunfermline so you're reference to Dundee has no relevance. Nice try mate.

Apologies, I wrongly thought you lived in Dundee, I thought I had read it somewhere before on this forum. My comment was nothing more than that so I don't know what the 'nice try' comment is all about. I have no history with you on this forum.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 07:45 PM

Seeing as you are now going to Glasgow, you could try this place:
http://www.list.co.uk/place/22219-dr-jives/

Used to go there years ago, some cool and unusual stuff. Not sure what it's like now as I believe it has changed hands.

Apologies, I wrongly thought you lived in Dundee, I thought I had read it somewhere before on this forum. My comment was nothing more than that so I don't know what the 'nice try' comment is all about. I have no history with you on this forum.

No problem, but I think comparing Dundee and Dunfermline's clothes shops as similar would be like comparing Dunfermline and Inverkeithing's clothes shops.

Wilson
01-04-2011, 08:06 AM
No problem, but I think comparing Dundee and Dunfermline's clothes shops as similar would be like comparing Dunfermline and Inverkeithing's clothes shops.

Never been to Inverkeithing. Bit of a s***hole I presume?

DH1875
01-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Celtc fans wont shop in "Merchant City " :greengrin

I'm :confused:. Don't get the joke, if there is one.

HH81
01-04-2011, 07:32 PM
last time I was up I went through Glasgow. The Mrs shopped and I sat in ladbrookes across road from primark. Glasgow is still not great I would say even Leeds is better.

Calvin
02-04-2011, 02:07 AM
last time I was up I went through Glasgow. The Mrs shopped and I sat in ladbrookes across road from primark. Glasgow is still not great I would say even Leeds is better.

I was through in Glasgow yesterday, though the shopping was pretty good. Standard shops really but they're big and there's lots of them. Spent all my money on shoes though.

H18sry
02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm :confused:. Don't get the joke, if there is one.

The "Merchant City" is full of designer shops, so no primark or watties :greengrin shell suits, lonsdale or kappa are not sold there that's why Celtc fans won't shop there :wink:

DH1875
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
The "Merchant City" is full of designer shops, so no primark or watties :greengrin shell suits, lonsdale or kappa are not sold there that's why Celtc fans won't shop there :wink:

They drink there though. Merchant square is full of them on match days and the O'Neills on the corner is a magnet for trouble. The last place you want to be on a Saturday is any of the bars, shops or resturants that are anywhere between the O'Neills and a pub along the road called McChuills.

Jim44
03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Glasgow's miles better, but for the discerning shopper, you get a better class of Charity Shop in Dunfermline. :greengrin

ArabHibee
03-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Glasgow's miles better, but for the discerning shopper, you get a better class of Charity Shop in Dunfermline. :greengrin

I'd agree with that. High Street was full of them.