04-03-2011, 11:07 PM
NAME YOUR TOWN:

NEW YORK

1. McSorleys
2. Campbell Apartments Bar
3. King Cole at the St Regis Hotel
4. Jimmy's Corner
5. 230 Fifth Rooftop bar.

1 and 4 are traditional atmospheric howfs, the others elegant style bars to enjoy a fabulously expensive cocktail while arching an "I'm Bobby" eyebrow at any sophisticated young lady who meets your gaze.

Brizo
05-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Jimmys Corner is my favourite New York bar. A hidden treasure just off Times Square. One of the few real bars left in that area and the cheapest drinks in Times Square. For anyone that likes their boxing the place is wall to wall with boxing memorabilia and Jimmy who trained Ali has some great stories but is modest and a real gent with it.

Altho Little Italy is theme park territory now the Mulberry Street bar is worth a visit for any Sopranos fans as loads of scenes were filmed in its back room.

A pity the Blarney Stone closed which had a Hibs shrine through the back and was an essential visit for any New York visiting Hibbies

Hillsidehibby
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Jimmys Corner is my favourite New York bar. A hidden treasure just off Times Square. One of the few real bars left in that area and the cheapest drinks in Times Square. For anyone that likes their boxing the place is wall to wall with boxing memorabilia and Jimmy who trained Ali has some great stories but is modest and a real gent with it.

Altho Little Italy is theme park territory now the Mulberry Street bar is worth a visit for any Sopranos fans as loads of scenes were filmed in its back room.

A pity the Blarney Stone closed which had a Hibs shrine through the back and was an essential visit for any New York visiting Hibbies

Spent ages walking around in the rain trying to find it. Eventually finding out it was demolished 18 months back.

The pub in my avatar beside Bloomingdales is New York in a bar.

Dingy, dodgy characters and smells!!

Jack
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
San Francisco Brewing Company in errr ...
Oddly enough it brews its own beer, traditional bar the staff have been friendly when we've been there and the last time we were adopted by the locals as locals!

whiskyhibby
05-03-2011, 01:49 PM
McSorleys with their own brew black beer is definately my favourite

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2011, 11:31 PM

A fabulous bar, and you're correct about Jimmy, he's a pretty excellent fellow.

.Sean.
06-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Cannae beat the first sip of your very first pint of cider on a Friday night when sitting in the Railway lounge.

nonshinyfinish
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM
...gymnastics:

1. Parallel
2. Asymmetric
3. High