PDA

View Full Version : Loan signings

sunshine1875
02-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Is Ritchie Towell the best ever loan signing?

Certainly in recent years, I cannot remember any loan signings that I would like to keep. Caldwell, when he first came up from Newcastle, was the last that I can remember. Brebner before that.

Any chance of keeping him?

PeterboroHibee
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I cant remember us making a decent loan signing in recent years, mostly been boys who have rarely played as far as I can remember (Pinau, Joneleit).

I dont know where we stand with Towell. With Celtic just getting that Matthews from Cardiff on a precontract, along with Hinkel, Cha and Wilson, he probably doesnt have a future there so we might be able to get him, would probably be a decent fee but it would be worth it (assuming he wants to stay at Hibs)!

--------
02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I cant remember us making a decent loan signing in recent years, mostly been boys who have rarely played as far as I can remember (Pinau, Joneleit).

I dont know where we stand with Towell. With Celtic just getting that Matthews from Cardiff on a precontract, along with Hinkel, Cha and Wilson, he probably doesnt have a future there so we might be able to get him, would probably be a decent fee but it would be worth it (assuming he wants to stay at Hibs)!

That was my idea too. Unless Lennon sees how well he's playing for us and decides to recall him and offer a contract, releasing one of the others?

He's a guy I'd really like to see staying at ER.

leeds_hibby
02-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Great player would love to see him stay, but there's no chance celtic will let him go.

H18sry
02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Great player would love to see him stay, but there's no chance celtic will let him go.

Why?

leeds_hibby
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
lennon know's how good he is, just letting him get some games under his belt before he brings him back, just my opionion hope im wrong.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Just a shame that the board didn't have enough forward thinking to take him and 750K for Stokes.

PeterboroHibee
02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
lennon know's how good he is, just letting him get some games under his belt before he brings him back, just my opionion hope im wrong.

Hes just signed Matthews though who is more or less the same age as Towell. If he rates Towell that highly, why would he then go and sign another young RB?

My main concern about it would be that Celtic go and slap someone stupid price tag on him in the summer that they know we couldnt possibly afford. Whens he out of contract?

leeds_hibby
02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Celtic see towell as a midfielder or so im told, think he could do a job in both positions.

1two
02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I know one of the coaches for Celtic youth teams, when he signed for us I spoke to him and he said he's highly rated at parkhead and although he wasn't involved the loan decision was probably allowed to get him some spl experience.

I've not spoke to him since but I got the impression then that he'll be back to parkhead at the end of the deal!

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Anybody know what the length of his contract is at Celtic.

Talking about how many years not if it's A4 or A5. :wink:

Pretty Boy
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Just a shame that the board didn't have enough forward thinking to take him and 750K for Stokes.

Maybe Hughes had no interest in Towell.:dunno:

M11BMO
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM

I think Celtic have just put him out to us to put him in the shop window. No chance he's in Lennon's plans.

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 12:22 PM
New song suggestion

:singing: He's only on loan
He's only on loa-o-oan
Richie Towell he's only on loan
He's only on loan
He's only on loa-o-oan
Richie Towell he's only on loan :singing:

I'm offski. :taxi

Speedway
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Best ever loan signing is when we got Patrick Duffy from Bristol City.

That guy just needs a run in the side and we'll strike it rich.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Was he not a permanent signing from FC Atlantis?

--------
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM

That would have required the manager to have had a clue about what he was doing....

leeds_hibby
02-03-2011, 12:36 PM

didn't he go on to star in dallas?:greengrin

--------
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Yup. He was one of the men on the grassy knoll.

He was surely wearing his shooting boots that day. :devil:

At The Edge
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM

seems to be enjoying it so far given that when Sodje scored last night Towell ran straight over to the Hibs fans to celebrate before he went to Sodje

I'd love him to stay, theres another thread about Ivan coming back, Ritchie would give him a run for his money over 100 metres :agree:

:flag:

KWJ
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Marc Libbra?

BSEJVT
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Grant Brebner?

sunshine1875
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM

No! That was Debbie!!:agree:

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
No! That was Debbie!!:agree:

:greengrin great film. :wink:

sambajustice
02-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Barry Prenderville!

Yuillsy
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Craig Rocastle was good but seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth since leaving Hibs!

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Craig James did ok, but once his singing career took of, we were never going to keep him.

BSEJVT
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
:greengrin great film. :wink:

Certainly was

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM

Surely that's the managers's job?

Arch Stanton
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Alternatively they could have kept Stokes and maybe Hughes would have kept his job, win-win.:devil:

HibbyKeith
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Celtic see towell as a midfielder or so im told, think he could do a job in both positions.

:agree:

towell himself stated in his first interview once he arrived that his prefered positon was midfield, but was willing and able to play at right back if needed.

personally don't think we have a hope in hells chance of signing him, no inside info etc just a gut feeling. I think that smelltic would be really stupid to let such a prospect leave, after all they've been poaching out young talent for years now, why would they let us do the same.

Bishop Hibee
02-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Towell has been good at RB, world beating if you compare him to the right backs we've had since Whittaker left.

Assuming Hinkel will be moved on by Celtc there will still be a fight for that position with Mark Wilson for one. Could be that if he moves back and doesn't get a first team place, we'll be in the hunt if he isn't out of our price range.

As for loan signings, Joneleit is a regular centre half for Genk who are top of the Belgian league at present!

1two
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Marc Libbra?

Good shout

PaulSmith
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Towell has been good at RB, world beating if you compare him to the right backs we've had since Whittaker left.

Assuming Hinkel will be moved on by Celtc there will still be a fight for that position with Mark Wilson for one. Could be that if he moves back and doesn't get a first team place, we'll be in the hunt if he isn't out of our price range.

As for loan signings, Joneleit is a regular centre half for Genk who are top of the Belgian league at present!

Celtic's RB next year will be the lad from Cardiff

Leith_Hibee
03-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I loved Towel's reaction to the first goal v Hamilton - good to see the boy cares! Get him signed up :flag:

Andy74
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM

And of course, you are certain that was even offered.

IWasThere2016
03-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Celtic's RB next year will be the lad from Cardiff

:agree: As I've said before, I think RT will be available :wink:

superfurryhibby
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Towell has done well and shows up his more experienced competition for the right back spot. I would love it we can sign him. I cannae see him establishing himself at Celtic, so I would say a lot depends on when his contracts up.

He's a young lad and would do well to learn his trade at ER, good attitude too.