PDA

View Full Version : Do STV News realise...

MountcastleHibs
01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
That there's a pretty important game on tonight in Hamilton? Not even as much as a ten second line on the team news ahead of the game on their 'sports' news. A report on Lennon whining again, on Rangers banning Twitter and nightclubs, on a Hearts player getting a suspension and rounded off by an interview about a rugby game not happening until next Sunday.

An utter shambles and disgrace of a broadcaster.

Woody1985
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
If they go bust will be get itv? Stv is ****.

Golden Bear
01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
I agree

Believe me - you're better with STV than Border TV which really is the pits.

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
That there's a pretty important game on tonight in Hamilton? Not even as much as a ten second line on the team news ahead of the game on their 'sports' news. A report on Lennon whining again, on Rangers banning Twitter and nightclubs, on a Hearts player getting a suspension and rounded off by an interview about a rugby game not happening until next Sunday.

my thoughts exactly, i was just in the door and rewound it thinking i had missed the report on our game, what a joke stv are.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
It simply is and always will be the Rangers and Celtic show no matter how they dress it up, never going to change as is the BBC sport programme hence me never really watching them, a complete waste of time really

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I agree

Not watched stv for years. I'm obviously the wrong demographic
But I felt as though I'd regressed flipping over to watch what trash happened to be on at the time I'd even forgot they showed footie I'd avoided it that much

Mark79
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
I despise it. A non story from the bigot brothers so they aren't left out and hee haw about our match. Joke.

James70
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
But surely you have to be a BIG team to get a mention.:confused:

stubru59
01-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Contrary to what many believe, and expect, Scottish Television News does not cover Scottish sport.

It covers "newsworthy" sport items pertaining to Scotland. Neither of the SPL teams playing tonight meet this "criteria".

.Sean.
01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
STV is guff. ITV seems far superior.

jdships
01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Look on STV as being like the "Amateur Hour"
Never ever watch "Channel 3" always use ITV

:na na:

snooky
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Look on STV as being like the "Amateur Hour"
Never ever watch "Channel 3" always use ITV

:na na:

In the few times I've been exposed to "The Hour" and the chic Michelle McManus I have almost gagged.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-03-2011, 10:51 PM
In the few times I've been exposed to "The Hour" and the chic Michelle McManus I have almost gagged.

She always pits me of my tea if the wife insists on watching it, what a weegie minger yuk!

greenlex
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM

She always pits me of my tea if the wife insists on watching it, what a weegie minger yuk!
Bit harsh guys. She is all woman. :greengrin

--------
01-03-2011, 11:16 PM

AND another one in Inverness....

Two SPL matches, neither mentioned.

What's "rugby"? :confused:

hfc rd
01-03-2011, 11:21 PM

A hard physical sport but with a s**** atmosphere on matchdays, especailly Murrayfield.

Hibercelona
01-03-2011, 11:26 PM

In terms of atmosphere.... its the Scottish form of Cricket. :agree:

Fantic
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
It's all relative though. The general public in Scotland would rather hear a bit about the old firm than a Hamilton Hibs game. Luckily Sportsound has coverage of every SPL game.

--------
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
In terms of atmosphere.... its the Scottish form of Cricket. :agree:

Well, you learn something new every day... :rolleyes:

Are we any good at it? :cool2:

dangermouse
02-03-2011, 11:20 AM
It's all relative though. The general public in Scotland would rather hear a bit about the old firm than a Hamilton Hibs game. Luckily Sportsound has coverage of every SPL game.

Open all Mic's last night :grr: Commentary was online but that's not much use when you're driving.

The Gorf
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Open all Mic's last night :grr: Commentary was online but that's not much use when you're driving.

Re open all mic's. Have I been on a different planet for the past few months? As Chic stated last night that he didn't get the Hibs fans singining Calderwoods Green and White Army as they were calling for his sacking 10 MINUTES AGO. Where has this numpty been for the past few months? Certainly not at Easter Rd OR a Hibs away game for that matter. Keep it up 12th man and everyone else. :cgwa

Removed
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Re open all mic's. Have I been on a different planet for the past few months? As Chic stated last night that he didn't get the Hibs fans singining Calderwoods Green and White Army as they were calling for his sacking 10 MINUTES AGO. Where has this numpty been for the past few months? Certainly not at Easter Rd OR a Hibs away game for that matter. Keep it up 12th man and everyone else. :cgwa

I thought we all were the 12th man :confused:

greenlex
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Maybe Chic had a wee squint on here five games ago?

The Gorf
02-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I thought we all were the 12th man :confused:

You are quite right. My humble apologies. :not worth

SteveHFC
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Do they realise that an Edinburgh Derby is on this weekend. But Celtic and Rangers news is first.