PDA

View Full Version : NHC Neil Lennon moaning about something. What a surprise.

Lendo
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Lennon moaning about the season starting 3 weeks earlier than Celtic want.

SHUT UP!:boo hoo:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9410793.stm

Top Pans Hibby
01-03-2011, 05:36 PM

Why? he's right.

Football starting Mid July
No winter break
Shorter summer break
Teams allowed one free Saturday at beginning of season.

An absolute nonsense..

Keith_M
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I thought that's what they wanted?!?

Now I'm REALLY confused! If the season's not set up specifically for the OF, then what's the point?

I bet that sourpuss moans that it's dark at nighttime.

blindsummit
01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
He's quite right! It's an absolute disgrace that Celtic have to play any games to win trophies. They should just be handed to them as they are the people etc....:boo hoo:

He's a complete tool just like the rest of that manky unwshed weegie mob.

GGTTH Five in a Row! :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Ginger nyaff. :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Neil Lennon, 27 July 2010:

Lennon, who took temporary control of Celtic towards the end of last season, begins his permanent occupation of the post with a similar level of tie, against Sporting Braga. The manager conceded that his summer overhaul of the squad he inherited from Tony Mowbray could bring its own problems.

"It's hugely difficult because of the lack of football we have had, the lack of time to prepare," Lennon said ahead of the third-round qualifying tie. "But the boys are OK. We had a good pre-season trip to America and they came back in good condition. They are still trying to get to know each other and some of them haven't played 90 minutes of football yet.

"But the training has gone well and we are pretty much injury-free. The Champions League at any time is very difficult and so early in the season it's a tall order, but we're hoping to keep it tight and have something to hold on to for the home game."

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/27/neil-lennon-celtic-sporting-braga

So why is he now moaning about a change that will give them competitive football before they play in Europe?

Clown.

jgl07
01-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Lennon is spot on here.

Another nail in the SPL coffin?

This offers nothing to anyone but Rangers. Other SPL teams in Europe will still start before the domestic season.

Hibercelona
01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Can't stand the wee t0sser.

His attitude was like... "Thats not what WE want".

Oh dear.... well we better change it back then.... :rolleyes:

Sylar
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
The SPL could have made it even worse for Celtic by stating that the league starts on this date and they're expected to play of forfeit their points!

Clubs shouldn't be allowed to dictate that money-spinning friendlies take priority ahead of the league where they earn their money/trophies.

However, I agree that the SPL have made a very strange decision in their new starting date and staggered fixtures. It doesn't solve the issue of winter weather/fixture backlogs one bit.

BryanV
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
The SPL could have made it even worse for Celtic by stating that the league starts on this date and they're expected to play of forfeit their points!

Clubs shouldn't be allowed to dictate that money-spinning friendlies take priority ahead of the league where they earn their money/trophies.

However, I agree that the SPL have made a very strange decision in their new starting date and staggered fixtures. It doesn't solve the issue of winter weather/fixture backlogs one bit.

Presumbaly the idea is that with fewer midweek games there will be greater leeway to rearrange fixtures.

Woody1985
02-03-2011, 06:39 AM
What's the point if my understanding is correct. If one team can cancel one of their first three games it could mean a team ends up three weeks into the season with no games played.

How often will we see more difficult matches cancelled to give teams an easier start to the season?

Dinkydoo
02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
What's the point if my understanding is correct. If one team can cancel one of their first three games it could mean a team ends up three weeks into the season with no games played.

How often will we see more difficult matches cancelled to give teams an easier start to the season?

That is how I've read it as well.

Seems profoundly pointless (and a bit illogical) to me.

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM

That's my understanding too.

In 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 we started the season in the last week of July so what's different nowadays to 5 years ago?

LancashireHibby
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM

There's only two teams who will utilise the option of cancelling a league game in favour of a money-spinning friendly/tournament. To me it's quite obvious who this new arrangement is suited to - it's now up to HFC to take advantage of it and advertise summertime home games as a tourist attraction IMHO.

gackohibs
02-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I agree with a slightly earlier start to make the most of the weather.

However what the SPL should really do is make sure clubs like motherwell, dundee utd and st johnstone have the facilities to deal with adverse weather, or face a fine.
Unless its rediculously unplayable then fine, but they really need to be able to put all their games on.

Lennon is still a to***r tho...

Woody1985
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM
There's only two teams who will utilise the option of cancelling a league game in favour of a money-spinning friendly/tournament. To me it's quite obvious who this new arrangement is suited to - it's now up to HFC to take advantage of it and advertise summertime home games as a tourist attraction IMHO.

yes, it's suited to them for money but it's a system that will be played.

What if a star player is expected to be out til two weeks into the new season? Game cancelled.

Players unfit. Game cancelled.

Expecting a new signing but too late for a game. Game cancelled.

And so on.

Is it possible that 12 of the first 18 games could be cancelled? Not thought about it too deeply but I think that's the case off the top of my head.

There should be a cut off date for requesting postponements if there isn't already.