PDA

View Full Version : SPL Attendances

wazoo1875
28-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Whilst perusing on the spl website after following the link from the other thread re. the start date for next season i was looking at the highest home attendances for each of the clubs
http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics

I was quite shocked to discover that none of the largest attendances were on a saturday with a 3 o'clock k/o. I'm a big fan of games at 3pm on a sat avvo, but it seems that not everyone is the same. In fact the only one with a 3pm k/o was on a monday.
Kind of poo poos the argument that all games should be played at the traditional time :confused:

Edit. the link is taking you to the league table, use the dropdown menu to pull up highest attendances

wee 162
28-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Whilst perusing on the spl website after following the link from the other thread re. the start date for next season i was looking at the highest home attendances for each of the clubs

I was quite shocked to discover that none of the largest attendances were on a saturday with a 3 o'clock k/o. I'm a big fan of games at 3pm on a sat avvo, but it seems that not everyone is the same. In fact the only one with a 3pm k/o was on a monday.
Kind of poo poos the argument that all games should be played at the traditional time :confused:

Edit. the link is taking you to the league table, use the dropdown menu to pull up highest attendances

Seriously? The attendances are all against the OF (or in Hearts case Hibs) whose games away are always changed for tv. Only other exception is St Mirren, and that was their New Year fixture against Kilmarnock.

Saorsa
28-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Edit. the link is taking you to the league table, use the dropdown menu to pull up highest attendancesMaybe it's because all the big games get moved from a Saturday. There'll always be more at games v h****s or OF (Sunday or not) than there'll be against any of the teams that usually get left on the Saturdays at the usual time.

The Harp Awakes
28-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Interesting that Hibs average attendances have been ~2000 higher than the sheep in 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

Kevvy1875
28-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Surprised you got away with posting that link.

After all those attendance averages are xxx rated smut to Yams. 2000 more than us. Wholesalers down Gorgie way doing a roaring trade in kleenex.

Seriously though....for all their obsession about attendance's? We are having what our worst season in 12yrs and them their best in quite some time(maybe on a par with 06). Despite this they manage only 2000 more fans?

Joking aside and considering they do have some decent forward players worth watching this is a poor return for the Yams. Or perhaps its not too bad and it just seems that way when you see it in black & white because all they ever go on about is attendance's like its all that matters?