PDA

View Full Version : Well done Huns ??

H18sry
24-02-2011, 11:06 PM
In helping Scotland's co-efficient tonight :agree: It may help Hibs gain a European place next season :wink:

monktonharp
24-02-2011, 11:14 PM
In helping Scotland's co-efficient tonight :agree: It may help Hibs gain a European place next season :wink::rolleyes:

lyonhibs
24-02-2011, 11:15 PM
May I kindly invite one and all to shove this "co-efficient" argument firmly up their hoop.

The Huns doing well is not something to be even remotely happy about - never has been, and never will be.

--------
24-02-2011, 11:18 PM
In helping Scotland's co-efficient tonight :agree: It may help Hibs gain a European place next season :wink:

If the plan goes ahead to re-organise the SPL into a 10-team top division, we're still in trouble and we need to be more concerned with whether we can at least make fourth-bottom than with how the Horrible Huns are doing.

Because the only ways we can go from 12 to 10 in the top division is either by relegating 2 and promoting none, or relegating 3 and promoting one. Either of these drops us right back in it.

So I'l save my congratulations until my OWN team's safe, not waste them on that bunch. :wink:

Fantic
24-02-2011, 11:18 PM
They should be banned from European competition. That would help.

H18sry
24-02-2011, 11:28 PM
If the Scottish teams participating in European football do not progress then no mater how we do we will not be taking part, next season the SPL winners and runner up's have to qualify for the Champions league and the Europa cup qualifiers will have to start at the earliest round's, if this continues we will drop from 4 teams in Europe to 3 then down to 2, so any team that can progress in European competition can help us in the long run. Please take your blinkers off this can only help us :agree:

Russ
24-02-2011, 11:30 PM
May I kindly invite one and all to shove this "co-efficient" argument firmly up their hoop.

The Huns doing well is not something to be even remotely happy about - never has been, and never will be.

Of course it is, they are a Scottish club representing Scotland, unlike Smeltic, Rangers have never actively opposed Hibernian in any capacity.

Fantic
24-02-2011, 11:36 PM
So will you be cheering on the Hearts in Europe. I Hope they get pumped first game.

Russ
24-02-2011, 11:39 PM
So will you be cheering on the Hearts in Europe. I Hope they get pumped first game.

Not actively cheering them no, but not too disappointed if they do well.

Saorsa
24-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Not actively cheering them no, but not too disappointed if they do well.:bitchy:

I'll be gutted if they do well, **** hearts and **** the huns

Pretty Boy
24-02-2011, 11:42 PM
If the Scottish teams participating in European football do not progress then no mater how we do we will not be taking part, next season the SPL winners and runner up's have to qualify for the Champions league and the Europa cup qualifiers will have to start at the earliest round's, if this continues we will drop from 4 teams in Europe to 3 then down to 2, so any team that can progress in European competition can help us in the long run. Please take your blinkers off this can only help us :agree:

I agree that Rangers winning tonight is good for Scottish football as a whole. We really need them, Celtc and Hertz to do reasonably well in Europe again next year to keep the co-efficient at a half decent level.

Still couldn't bring myself to really want them to win though and certainly won't be offering them any congratulations.

Sherlock Jones
24-02-2011, 11:44 PM
:bitchy:

:top marks

Russ
24-02-2011, 11:47 PM

I'm only ever gutted when Hibs lose, whatever happens to anyone else never affects me adversely. Tho events at Dens Park in 1986 certainly brought a smile to ma face:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2011, 11:51 PM

helluva lot of posters on here just cant/wont look at the bigger picture and see how it will affect every club outwith the bigot brothers :( i'l draw the line though at congratulating them when they win in europe:greengrin but i certainly wont be despondant if they progress, i despise listening to the hunnish hordes(and the vileness of there sectarian p@sh/ignorance) but it can only benefit all the other scottish clubs if they progress( the last 16, and no further will suffice for my liking) :greengrin

p.s. although i will have to contradict myself in hoping our pink friends from the other side of town never ever progress past the first hurdle

bingo70
25-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Anyone who supports either rangers or celtic are biggots or ignorant to what these clubs are all about and really stand for, i don't give a **** if them winning tonight means we get put out of europe in the 2nd or 3rd qualifying round or even if it means we dont qualify for europe...who supports hibs for how good we do in europe :confused:

Anyone who wants these horrible racist biggots to win should be ashamed of themselves and i'd suggest that maybe theyre supporting the wrong team in edinburgh

horrible horrible clubs

hfc rd
25-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I know I am going to get a huge amount of stick for this but I am willing to take it.
Yes I hate the huns as well to bits but lets look at the bigger picture. We need them to do well in Europe in order for us to make sure that we keep our three European slots as it looks quite likely that we might lose them due to the poor peformances by Scottish clubs in Europe. If this poor run in Europe is going to continue then we will be very lucky to have only 1 team representing Scotland in Europe, never mind 3-4 or even 2. Thats why we need the likes of Celtic, Rangers and even dare I say Hearts to do well in Europe next season in order for us to keep our 3 European slots and failure to do so will only be bad as it will be a very very long time before we see a European night at ER. Yes I understand where most Hibs fans are coming from, they will never support the ugly sisters and those filthy gorgie rat slums but if those 3 clubs do terrible in Europe next season then like I said, European football at the new ER is just going to be a distant memory and we might not witness another stunning European night under the floodlights at the new ER with the whole stadium bouncing and the chance to sign a better standard of player de to the fact we are in a European competition as our co-efficient will drop vastly and we will be very lucky to have Scottish representatives in European competitions.

hibee92
25-02-2011, 12:22 AM

so far on this forum you've slagged nish, slagged miller and stated that you wouldn't grudge hearts doing well in europe :rolleyes:

bingo70
25-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Yes I hate the huns as well to bits but lets look at the bigger picture. We need them to do well in Europe in order for us to make sure that we keep our three European slots as it looks quite likely that we might lose them due to the poor peformances by Scottish clubs in Europe. If this poor run in Europe is going to continue then we will be very lucky to have only 1 team representing Scotland in Europe, never mind 3-4 or even 2. Thats why we need the likes of Celtic, Rangers and even Hearts to do well in Europe next season in order for us to keep our 3 European slots and failure to do so will only be bad as it will be a very very long time before we see a European night at ER. Yes I understand where most Hibs fans are coming from, they will never support the ugly sisters and those filthy gorgie rat slums but if those 3 clubs do terrible in Europe next season then like I said, European football at the new ER is just going to be a distant memory and we might not witness another stunning European night under the floodlights at new ER as our co-efficient will drop vastly and we will be very lucky to have Scottish representatives in European competitions.

lets not look at the bigger picture, lets look at that horrible football club full of racists and biggots, by you wanting them to progress your one of them so you too are a bigott, you do realise that don't you?

in my lifetime hibs have qualified for europe about 5 times, why does it make it acceptable to be a biggott if we qualify for europe more often because of it?

should we start making monkey noises at black players in the hope it puts them off so it helps us qualify for europe?

whats so amazing about this european football that makes us lose our morals just so we can get a game in it :confused:

Russ
25-02-2011, 12:26 AM
so far on this forum you've slagged nish, slagged miller and stated that you wouldn't grudge hearts doing well in europe :rolleyes:

I sit in seat 118 row k in the famous five son. You're welcome to come along and question my Hibernian credentials, or maybe you missed that post.

Removed
25-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Anyone who supports either rangers or celtic are biggots or ignorant to what these clubs are all about and really stand for, i don't give a **** if them winning tonight means we get put out of europe in the 2nd or 3rd qualifying round or even if it means we dont qualify for europe...who supports hibs for how good we do in europe :confused:

Anyone who wants these horrible racist biggots to win should be ashamed of themselves and i'd suggest that maybe theyre supporting the wrong team in edinburgh

horrible horrible clubs

:agree:

The OF are guarantee euro millions every year and the rest of us scrape through a qualifier at best but somehow that's good for Scottish football :confused:

It's total bollox. Just means they can buy better players and make the SPL even more of a 2 horse race and win the cups between them most years.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the coefficient, the huns or the tims in Europe. It does nothing for Hibs in the short or long term and just makes our domestic chances of winning anything even harder yet folk swallow all the Glasgow media pish.

ArabHibee
25-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I sit in seat 118 row k in the famous five son. You're welcome to come along and question my Hibernian credentials, or maybe you missed that post.

That seat's near me and I'm pretty sure its empty.......

Saorsa
25-02-2011, 12:38 AM

The OF are guarantee euro millions every year and the rest of us scrape through a qualifier at best but somehow that's good for Scottish football :confused:

It's total bollox. Just means they can buy better players and make the SPL even more of a 2 horse race and win the cups between them most years.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the coefficient, the huns or the tims in Europe. It does nothing for Hibs in the short or long term and just makes our domestic chances of winning anything even harder yet folk swallow all the Glasgow media pish.:agree:

Congratulating the huns, wishing the OF and yams well in Europe :bitchy: this thread and some of the stuff in it is enough tae gie ye the boak.

I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes and bleed tae death than wish any of that lot anything other than utter failure.

hibee92
25-02-2011, 12:38 AM

i never questioned your credentials, merely stating that you're awfy cynical and negative. also, odd. :rolleyes:

Russ
25-02-2011, 12:40 AM
lets not look at the bigger picture, lets look at that horrible football club full of racists and biggots, by you wanting them to progress your one of them so you too are a bigott, you do realise that don't you?

in my lifetime hibs have qualified for europe about 5 times, why does it make it acceptable to be a biggott if we qualify for europe more often because of it?

should we start making monkey noises at black players in the hope it puts them off so it helps us qualify for europe?

whats so amazing about this european football that makes us lose our morals just so we can get a game in it :confused:

You had 3 attempts at spelling bigot, calm down and look at the bigger picture. As the guy rightfully says, whatever you think about those clubs in no way influences how they do on the park and you can rant negatively until the cows come home, it makes not a jot of difference to you or I. And your reference to black players makes no sense at all, confused indeed.

Russ
25-02-2011, 12:42 AM

LOL. I'm CERTAIN it's not, nor has it been for a number of years.

Removed
25-02-2011, 12:44 AM
You had 3 attempts at spelling bigot, calm down and look at the bigger picture. As the guy rightfully says, whatever you think about those clubs in no way influences how they do on the park and you can rant negatively until the cows come home, it makes not a jot of difference to you or I. And your reference to black players makes no sense at all, confused indeed.

We are looking at the bigger picture. You tell us how rangers or celtc progressing in Europe helps Hibs?

Let's have some real £ benefits in there and look at the big picture and cold hard facts.

bingo70
25-02-2011, 12:44 AM

Congratulating the huns, wishing the OF and yams well in Europe :bitchy: this thread and some of the stuff in it is enough tae gie ye the boak.

I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes and bleed tae death than wish any of that lot anything other than utter failure.

after seeing a bunch of huns in the pub tonight i was already in a bad mood about it but to come on here and see a thread saying "well done huns" almost made me throw up, absolute disgrace that anyone that knows what sort of ***** that club stands for should wish them well.

This is nothing about rivalry, if hearts were to do well in europe i'd actually congratulate them (quietly of course, nowt over the top) but rangers and celtic are out of bounds, i can't believe in this day and age people are still ignorant to what there all about :confused:..............unless of course it's ok to appreciate being biggots if theyre winning games of football.

bingo70
25-02-2011, 12:50 AM

i don't know how to spell bigot/biggott/bigotts, correct youve got me.

the relevance to black players is that you'll drop yer morals for anything that might help hibs, i wouldn't, i'd rather we were ***** forever than ever support that shower of bigots/biggotts/bigotts.

Whats so good about europe that its the be all and end all for us qualifying for it :confused:

(BTW i've probably spelt loads of words wrong there but goin just deal with the points i raised)

Russ
25-02-2011, 12:51 AM
We are looking at the bigger picture. You tell us how rangers or celtc progressing in Europe helps Hibs?

Let's have some real £ benefits in there and look at the big picture and cold hard facts.

Domestically i want to see them both pumped week in week out, on a European front I don't mind seeing them doing well, I don't go as far as to actively cheer them on, but nor do I want to see them lose.

I'm not going to get into a Rangers, Smeltic debate on here, what you or I think matters not, nor influences any results.

As for the how does it help Hibernian, it helps Hibernian if we ever get near the top of the table again in gaining a European place, simples:wink:.

hfc rd
25-02-2011, 12:53 AM

First things first, I'm Asian and I have been racially abused by hundreads of Rangers fans in the past just because the colour of my skin when I used to stay in Glasgow before eventually moving to Edinburgh when I was five. My mates uncle's friend was one of the police officers that were assaulted in Manchester by Rangers fans during the UEFA Cup final against another racist team called Zenit St Petersburg. I hate Rangers and always will. But the way you are making of this is as if I love the Rangers and want them to win the f****** competition and always hammer us at ER and Ibrox. I just said that I only want them to do well in Europe in order to help our co-efficient, as I want to witness more European nights at ER as they are simply tremendous and there is a different buzz about the place, and see them have a respectable run, not f****** win it as the assumption that you are making as I would dread it if they did and they never will do but I can see them getting hammered in the next round by PSV. I was born in Glasgow and you would think that I would eventually have grown up and supported one of the ugly sisters. But no, I wanted to support a team that is well respected with a good fanbase up here in Scotland. I choose Hibs as all my mates were Hibs fans when I moved to Edinburgh and my first ever football game was the Millenium derby at Tynecastle where we won 3-0.

Removed
25-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Domestically i want to see them both pumped week in week out, on a European front I don't mind seeing them doing well, I don't go as far as to actively cheer them on, but nor do I want to see them lose.

I'm not going to get into a Rangers, Smeltic debate on here, what you or I think matters not, nor influences any results.

As for the how does it help Hibernian, it helps Hibernian if we ever get near the top of the table again in gaining a European place, simples:wink:.

I thought you wanted to look at the bigger picture? You haven't. It's just the same crap regurgitated and full of contradictions.

The best way to stop them domestically is to kill the euro cash cow. Is that too hard to understand?

bingo70
25-02-2011, 12:58 AM

if rangers do well and get to the final like they did a few years ago they'll probably gain about £5/6 million and for that the likes of hibs will start a round later and earn about an extra £50k.....can you see the irony yet in wanting them to do well in europe but ***** domestically?

bingo70
25-02-2011, 01:01 AM
First things first, I'm Asian and I have been racially abused by hundreads of Rangers fans in the past just because the colour of my skin when I used to stay in Glasgow before eventually moving to Edinburgh when I was five. My mates uncle's friend was one of the police officers that were assaulted in Manchester by Rangers fans during the UEFA Cup final against another racist team called Zenit St Petersburg. I hate Rangers and always will. But the way you are making of this is as if I love the Rangers and want them to win the f****** competition and always hammer us at ER and Ibrox. I just said that I only want them to do well in Europe in order to help our co-efficient, as I want to witness more European nights at ER as they are simply tremendous and there is a different buzz about the place, and see them have a respectable run, not f****** win it as the assumption that you are making as I would dread it if they did and they never will do but I can see them getting hammered in the next round by PSV. I was born in Glasgow and you would think that I would eventually have grown up and supported one of the ugly sisters. But no, I wanted to support a team that is well respected with a good fanbase up here in Scotland. I choose Hibs as all my mates were Hibs fans when I moved to Edinburgh and my first ever football game was the Millenium derby at Tynecastle where we won 3-0.

so despite you going through all that you'd rather they were successfull just so we could have about one extra game in europe every five years or so :confused:

TBH you need to sort out your priorities

MountcastleHibs
25-02-2011, 01:06 AM
If the plan goes ahead to re-organise the SPL into a 10-team top division, we're still in trouble and we need to be more concerned with whether we can at least make fourth-bottom than with how the Horrible Huns are doing.

Because the only ways we can go from 12 to 10 in the top division is either by relegating 2 and promoting none, or relegating 3 and promoting one. Either of these drops us right back in it.

So I'l save my congratulations until my OWN team's safe, not waste them on that bunch. :wink:

No one's picked up on this so I will. If league reconstruction does get the go ahead it will be from season 2012/2013, not next season.

As for the whole debate about coefficiency, I'll congratulate Rangers for winning tonight, but I sure as hell won't support them.

Russ
25-02-2011, 01:16 AM
No one's picked up on this so I will. If league reconstruction does get the go ahead it will be from season 2012/2013, not next season.

As for the whole debate about coefficiency, I'll congratulate Rangers for winning tonight, but I sure as hell won't support them.

And that is the whole point, I don't think anyone of a Hibernian nature does support them, but like you,some of us are non prejudiced enough to congratulate them, they are representing Scotland and as such should be congratulated. There is only one club I know of who actually don't think they are representing Scotland whether that be at home or abroad, but that's another debate entirely.

Sean1875
25-02-2011, 01:17 AM
more money to buy off our players, increase the gap in the SPL and provide more oppourtunitys to make Scotland look ****my, wonderful :aok:

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:27 AM
And that is the whole point, I don't think anyone of a Hibernian nature does support them, but like you,some of us are non prejudiced enough to congratulate them, they are representing Scotland and as such should be congratulated. There is only one club I know of who actually don't think they are representing Scotland whether that be at home or abroad, but that's another debate entirely.

Is that another debate you don't want to have?

Have you looked at the bigger picture yet or are you still congratulating rangers?

hfc rd
25-02-2011, 01:28 AM
so despite you going through all that you'd rather they were successfull just so we could have about one extra game in europe every five years or so :confused:

TBH you need to sort out your priorities

I'm not saying I want them to be successfull. I'm just saying that I want them to do well in Europe and I think they have done so far and I can now see them getting beat by PSV at this moment in time, Scottish Football is a laughing stock across the world and I agree with you there is when you think of bigotry and holliganism and racism, the two teams that come to your mind are Celtic and Rangers and how they have not been punished for this is just beyond a joke. I hate Rangers that much, I would rather see Hearts doing well. The way you are making of this though is that I want them to be world beaters and always hammer us. I wouldn't have minded if Sporting Lisbon had knocked them out last night or even before that, if Bursaspor would have finished 3rd in their Champions League group. The reason why I want European football at ER as that it is a special occasion. I remember the AEK Athens and FC Dnipro games at ER and yes we didn't win but the athmospere in those two games were magnificent. The whole stadium was bouncing. You go round to each and every Hibs supporter and ask them would you want European Football under the new floodlights at ER, where the place is bouncing and it is a capacity crowd? What would you rather want? Having a midweek European tie against European opposition in front of a sell-out Easter Road in which the atmospere is incredible OR playing a Scottish 2nd/3rd Division team where the athmosphere is very quiet and there are a ton of empty seats in the stands? I know which one I would want.

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:30 AM

I'm sure I heard a bit on the radio tonight saying it still could happen for 2011/12 season? Might have just been the usual pish spouted by chick dung, dodds, traynor and co :dunno:

Russ
25-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Is that another debate you don't want to have?

Have you looked at the bigger picture yet or are you still congratulating rangers?

What bigger picture are we talking about here? No matter how well Rangers do on or off the park we won't be able to compete with them financially, their gates alone dictate that. You have a hatred for them which is all well and good, doesn't mean to say everyone has to feel the same way.

I happen to not mind seeing Scottish clubs do well in Europe, doesn't mean anything to any big picture.

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:35 AM
I'm not saying I want them to be successfull. I'm just saying that I want them to do well in Europe and I think they have done so far and I can now see them getting beat by PSV at this moment in time, Scottish Football is a laughing stock across the world and I agree with you there is when you think of bigotry and holliganism and racism, the two teams that come to your mind are Celtic and Rangers and how they have not been punished for this is just beyond a joke. I hate Rangers that much, I would rather see Hearts doing well. The way you are making of this though is that I want them to be world beaters and always hammer us. I wouldn't have minded if Sporting Lisbon had knocked them out last night or even before that, if Bursaspor would have finished 3rd in their Champions League group. The reason why I want European football at ER as that it is a special occasion. I remember the AEK Athens and FC Dnipro games at ER and yes we didn't win but the athmospere in those two games were magnificent. The whole stadium was bouncing. You go round to each and every Hibs supporter and ask them would you want European Football under the new floodlights at ER, where the place is bouncing and it is a capacity crowd? What would you rather want? Having a midweek European tie against European opposition in front of a sell-out Easter Road in which the atmospere is incredible OR playing a Scottish 2nd/3rd Division team where the athmosphere is very quiet and there are a ton of empty seats in the stands? I know which one I would want.

So what makes rangers any worse than hearts?

And I'd rather Hibs could challenge for domestic trophies and WIN something. Reduce the OF euro money and that would be a bit more likely. But it seems some folk would be happier with the odd euro night than real success :rolleyes:

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:38 AM
What bigger picture are we talking about here? No matter how well Rangers do on or off the park we won't be able to compete with them financially, their gates alone dictate that. You have a hatred for them which is all well and good, doesn't mean to say everyone has to feel the same way.

I happen to not mind seeing Scottish clubs do well in Europe, doesn't mean anything to any big picture.

:faf: look back in the history books at their crowds. I remember when they only got 15k or so at Ibrox. Stop them winning and watch the crowds go down.

The big picture is success for Hibs, in our league and cups. Success for anyone else makes that harder. But you just carry on wanting them to do well :rolleyes:

MountcastleHibs
25-02-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm sure I heard a bit on the radio tonight saying it still could happen for 2011/12 season? Might have just been the usual pish spouted by chick dung, dodds, traynor and co :dunno:

Really? The only reason I said 2012/2013 was because of what Petrie said at the forum earlier in the month.

Russ
25-02-2011, 01:42 AM
:faf: look back in the history books at their crowds. I remember when they only got 15k or so at Ibrox. Stop them winning and watch the crowds go down.

The big picture is success for Hibs, in our league and cups.

I remember them getting as low as 6 and 7 thousand at Ibrox, i also remember us playing in front of 3500 at times. We will never be able to compete with them financially, and we never have, even in our glory days of 40 and 50 thousand crowds.

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Really? The only reason I said 2012/2013 was because of what Petrie said at the forum earlier in the month.

I thought the same but the chairmen all met on Monday for the next round of talks and the managers were all at Hampden today I think.

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:46 AM
I remember them getting as low as 6 and 7 thousand at Ibrox, i also remember us playing in front of 3500 at times. We will never be able to compete with them financially, and we never have, even in our glory days of 40 and 50 thousand crowds.

And remind us why can't we compete financially?

Russ
25-02-2011, 01:48 AM
And why can't we compete financially?

If you don't know the answer to that now you never will. Meanwhile read this then tell me how this doesn't benefit Hibernian and other Scottish clubs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9407038.stm

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:50 AM
If you don't know the answer to that now you never will. Meanwhile read this then tell me how this doesn't benefit Hibernian and other Scottish clubs.

I've already told you the answer!!!!

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:52 AM

I can see how that benefits rangers and celtc. Doesn't benefits Scottish football. Just makes our big two stronger.

It's all Glasgow lies and you're getting sucked into it.

hfc rd
25-02-2011, 01:52 AM
So what makes rangers any worse than hearts?

And I'd rather Hibs could challenge for domestic trophies and WIN something. Reduce the OF euro money and that would be a bit more likely. But it seems some folk would be happier with the off euro night than real success :rolleyes:

Yes I see where you are coming from. But I know this is going to be a different topic for a different matter. But how can we do that if we keep selling our best players. For instance it won't suprise me if the likes of Hanlon, Booth, Palsson, Wotherspoon etc are all sold next year. Yes we are a 'selling club' but I think it is time for the board to show that 'on the pitch' ambition we all wanting and I'm sure CC and the rest of the coaching do as well and for us to build an exciting Hibs team and keep it together and that is how we will win domestic trophies. We are not in serious money problems like rangers, we are in a healthy secure financial position thanks to Rod Petrie.

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Yes I see where you are coming from. But I know this is going to be a different topic for a different matter. But how can we do that if we keep selling our best players. For instance it won't suprise me if the likes of Hanlon, Booth, Palsson, Wotherspoon etc are all sold next year. Yes we are a 'selling club' but I think it is time for the board to show that 'on the pitch' ambition we all wanting and I'm sure CC and the rest of the coaching do as well and for us to build an exciting Hibs team and keep it together and that is how we will win domestic trophies. We are not in serious money problems like rangers, we are in a healthy secure financial position thanks to Rod Petrie.

Let's start with less euro money to the OF to stop them tempting our players away. Scottish football would find its level then and the old firm wouldn't dominate. It's the media bias that want a better coefficient and OF success.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 02:42 AM
I'd rather not rely on bigots and fascist clubs to help us 'progress' as such progress mean qualifying to get gubbed by some east European team, because they've systematically raided our best players having had their coffers bloated by CL and TV cash.

The Huns, along with Their vile brethren Smeltic can GTF, as can the revolting Yams. If those clubs could lose every game and goalless draw with each other all the time I'd love it.

Bloating the Huns and Celtic with European money Isn't going to help Scottish football, it'll just give them the weapons to wreck it further.

We have to progress as a club by charting our own course, not by 'congratulating' or even referencing ****.

gorgie_harp
25-02-2011, 07:45 AM

:top marks:top marks **** the huns and hearts.

Allant1981
25-02-2011, 07:50 AM

horrible horrible clubs

Half my family support rangers and i can assure you that they are neither racist or ignorant, im sure that many of their fans are but im sure every club in scotland(including our own) have racists among their fans and if you dont believe this i think your head must be buried in the sand, that said i hope they get humped in every game they play

poolman
25-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Bollox to the Huns winning

And bollox to co-efficients

Cabbage East
25-02-2011, 08:45 AM
**** the huns.

Sylar
25-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Let's start with less euro money to the OF to stop them tempting our players away. Scottish football would find its level then and the old firm wouldn't dominate. It's the media bias that want a better coefficient and OF success.

At least you're attempting to make a valid counter-point against them doing well (although personally, I disagree with you).

Some of the rest of the posters in this thread fall into the category of hypocrites, ignorant or just downright dafties with their responses though :agree:

Woody1985
25-02-2011, 08:51 AM
The more European football they get means more money for them to help keep them where they are.

Screw the coefficient.

The most we and most other Scottish teams get are two games in Europe every few years.

Anything that contributes to their downfall is good for me.

H18sry
25-02-2011, 09:00 AM

Ask any of these players if there aim is to see there careers out playing SPL football or playing in European competitions and the answer 100% will be European Football, Playing in regular European football can help you hold on to your better players.

Monktonhall 7
25-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe its time to lighten this thread a bit.

When Sporting scored their 2nd last night, the cameras panned the dejected Huns, and I'm sure the Tache was in there on the top left of the picture. Is he a secret Hun?

PS. I agree with everything Dashing Bob mentions in his post above.

Jack
25-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh, just lie back and think of the coefficient! I’m sure it wont hurt :rolleyes:

Bingo while you have been starved of Euro nights I was more or less brought up on them. If the club didn’t have the ambition to get into Europe (and they say they want to be doing Europe more regularly) then that would be a sad day for all of us.

Look at the hun win this way ... Its like getting offered stolen goods in the pub. :wink: Not that I would ever condone such actions, but folk are prepared to look the other way and not care where the coefficient came from so that we can get our wee jaunts.

Jim44
25-02-2011, 09:15 AM

When Sporting scored their 2nd last night, the cameras panned the dejected Huns, and I'm sure the Tache was in there on the top left of the picture. Is he a secret Hun?

So do I. Cow-towing and displaying any form of gratitude to any other team, especially the Old Firm literally makes me squirm with embarrassment.

Saorsa
25-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Ask any of these players if there aim is to see there careers out playing SPL football or playing in European competitions and the answer 100% will be European Football, Playing in regular European football can help you hold on to your better players.Aye, because we play regular European fitba right enough. Hibs might have been taking on and beating big teams in Europe in the 50', 60's & early 70's but that was before big money ruined fitba. European fitba is now all about the bigger teams getting richer and the rest including Hibs are nothing more than also rans. The way some people go on about missing Europe you'd think we where there every other year and doing well that we'd actually be missing something. We've qualified for Europe 6 times in my time of following Hibs (less than once every 5 years) and only twice got past the 1st round, we play in the two horse SPL every year. The only way the rest of Scottish fitba will get anywhere near the OF is for them tae get less, less money from Euro competitions and less money through the gates when the glory hunters stop going, if that means having tae play qualifiers or losing a few Euro places along the way so be it. It's bad enough that those running the game in Scotland including for whatever strange reason those that run other SPL clubs (see 10 team league) are doing their utmost tae maintain the OF duopoly.

khib70
25-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I've just had a "conversation" with one of the resident Huns at work. He told me I should be rejoicing at the Sons of Bill's victory, and I would be if I "took the blinkers off and stopped being such a bigot"

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Aye right. **** the coefficient. Mon the PSV and anyone, including an Al Qaeda Select, who Rangers come up against in any competition, anywhere.

Ooops. Blinkers on again. And exactly the same sentiments apply to Celtc.

Golden Bear
25-02-2011, 09:49 AM

I think it's a case that a new administrative structure could be in place for next season.

Reading between the lines, (and ignoring the spin,) there is a long way to go yet before agreement is reached on the number of Clubs that will be in the top flight.

basehibby
25-02-2011, 09:59 AM

:agree: Some folk need to wait til the pmt dies down before they get on here. I, like most on here, find the huns extremely disagreeable as a football club and collectively as a support. That said there are obvious side benefits to the Scottish game if they or any other Scottish club make some progress through the rounds in Europe.
As well as that, I know a few Rangers fans who are NOT bigots (they do exist) and who I consider mates, and I'm not that ungracious that I wouldn't give them a wee slap on the back to acknowledge what was a very good result indeed for their team.

Removed
25-02-2011, 10:06 AM
:agree: Some folk need to wait til the pmt dies down before they get on here. I, like most on here, find the huns extremely disagreeable as a football club and collectively as a support. That said there are obvious side benefits to the Scottish game if they or any other Scottish club make some progress through the rounds in Europe.
As well as that, I know a few Rangers fans who are NOT bigots (they do exist) and who I consider mates, and I'm not that ungracious that I wouldn't give them a wee slap on the back to acknowledge what was a very good result indeed for their team.

What are these 'obvious' side benefits? My pmt must be clouding my vision.

Can you see the obvious downside?

The Slav
25-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Not going to read any of the previous responses, as I don't care. **** them. They can burn.in hell and I hope they get ****ed at the earliest possible opportunity. All the crap about co-efficient is driven by the Daily Record and the rest of the Establishment. The only people that benefit is the Old Infirm, so **** the lot of them.
:na na:

The Slav
25-02-2011, 10:21 AM
If their performances in Europe hadn't been so ****ing bad in the past, nobody would have to worry about the co-efficient. **** em.
:grr:

basehibby
25-02-2011, 10:28 AM
What are these 'obvious' side benefits? My pmt must be clouding my vision.

Can you see the obvious downside?

erm...... COEFFICIENT

Of course there is the downside of whatever Scottish team that progresses in Europe earning extra revenue. That's just something you have to get along with though if you want the whole league to have a reasonable chance of enjoying European adventures.

There's such a thing as cutting off your nose to spite your face and that's what it amounts to IMO if you'd rather lose a Euro spot just for the sake of enjoying the OF getting pumped (not that that wouldn't be a fringe benefit in itself :greengrin).

P_S -
http://www.therapytotakeaway.com/section.php/29/1/pmt___pms_treatments

Hibernia Na Eir
25-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I make no apologies, I wanted them out and i hope they get stuffed next round!

The Slav
25-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Is that extra European place going to benefit Hibs or aberdeen? Ehh......... naw. More likely to benefit the diet huns!

Removed
25-02-2011, 10:35 AM
erm...... COEFFICIENT

Of course there is the downside of whatever Scottish team that progresses in Europe earning extra revenue. That's just something you have to get along with though if you want the whole league to have a reasonable chance of enjoying European adventures.

There's such a thing as cutting off your nose to spite your face and that's what it amounts to IMO if you'd rather lose a Euro spot just for the sake of enjoying the OF getting pumped (not that that wouldn't be a fringe benefit in itself :greengrin).

P_S -
http://www.therapytotakeaway.com/section.php/29/1/pmt___pms_treatments

see Desperate Dan's post at 9:28

SRHibs
25-02-2011, 10:41 AM
If them winning is going to improve our chances of playing in Europe, then I don't mind at all.

:hilarious

**** sake. It can only benefit us if they do win. Ok, they'll make millions, but really, does it matter? There's no way any club is going to be thwarting the dominance of the Old Firm any time soon.
I don't think anyone here is necessarily sitting supporting them, but instead looking at the positives of them winning from a Hibs perspective.

ForeverHibs93
25-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Not going to read any of the previous responses, as I don't care. **** them. They can burn.in hell and I hope they get ****ed at the earliest possible opportunity. All the crap about co-efficient is driven by the Daily Record and the rest of the Establishment. The only people that benefit is the Old Infirm, so **** the lot of them.
:na na:
:agree::top marks

Removed
25-02-2011, 10:46 AM
If them winning is going to improve our chances of playing in Europe, then I don't mind at all.

:hilarious

**** sake. It can only benefit us if they do win. Ok, they'll make millions, but really, does it matter? There's no way any club is going to be thwarting the dominance of the Old Firm any time soon.
I don't think anyone here is necessarily sitting supporting them, but instead looking at the positives of them winning from a Hibs perspective.

Have you read any of the posts on this thread :rolleyes:

marinello59
25-02-2011, 10:47 AM

I haven't. :greengrin
(Apart from this one of course.)

SRHibs

I don't need the entire thread to reply to one ridiculous post, do I? Think it was pretty clear that I was addressing the post I quoted.

lapsedhibee
Aye, because we play regular European fitba right enough. Hibs might have been taking on and beating big teams in Europe in the 50', 60's & early 70's but that was before big money ruined fitba. European fitba is now all about the bigger teams getting richer and the rest including Hibs are nothing more than also rans. The way some people go on about missing Europe you'd think we where there every other year and doing well that we'd actually be missing something. We've qualified for Europe 6 times in my time of following Hibs (less than once every 5 years) and only twice got past the 1st round, we play in the two horse SPL every year. The only way the rest of Scottish fitba will get anywhere near the OF is for them tae get less, less money from Euro competitions and less money through the gates when the glory hunters stop going, if that means having tae play qualifiers or losing a few Euro places along the way so be it. It's bad enough that those running the game in Scotland including for whatever strange reason those that run other SPL clubs (see 10 team league) are doing their utmost tae maintain the OF duopoly.

soupy
25-02-2011, 10:51 AM
**** the huns, simples!

Removed
25-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't need the entire thread to reply to one ridiculous post, do I? Think it was pretty clear that I was addressing the post I quoted.

Not really. The quote was in the middle of your post and the only bit related to that was a :hilarious: The rest was just the same old 'I don't mind if it helps Hibs' pish.

It doesn't help us. It hinders us.

H18sry
25-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Not really. The quote was in the middle of your post and the only bit related to that was a :tee hee: The rest was just the same old 'I don't mind if it helps Hibs' pish.

Getting the chance to play European football hinders us :confused: how do you explain that?

Werther the huns earn money from there Euro jaunts or not there fan base ensures they will be spending more on players and wages than we ever will, along with the unfair split in TV monies that the rest of us receive :agree:

SRHibs
25-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Not really. The quote was in the middle of your post and the only bit related to that was a :tee hee: The rest was just the same old 'I don't mind if it helps Hibs' pish.

It really doesn't. Both Celtic and Rangers are far bigger clubs than us, and the chances that we'll EVER be on a level with them - whether or not they progress in Europe - are negligible.

Celtic and Rangers get the lion's share of the TV money in the league, and compared to the rest of us have massive fanbases. We can't compete financially with them, and we'll never be able to. So really, regardless of how many European places there are, they'll still be occupying 2 of them. There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your team play European football. No-one here is actively supporting Rangers by the looks of things, but there are certainly positives to be found in them doing well in Europe.

It seems people would like to see us play in a league akin to the Irish league - ***** quality, but hey, it's competitive. If the OF were to fall, so would the quality of Scottish Football. It's already bad enough as it is, and I'm pretty positive fans will be driven away if the quality drops further, regardless of how competitive the league is.

basehibby
25-02-2011, 11:11 AM
see Desperate Dan's post at 9:28

See the stated aims and objectives of Hibernian FC

Saorsa
25-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Getting the chance to play European football hinders us :confused: how do you explain that?

Werther the huns earn money from there Euro jaunts or not there fan base ensures they will be spending more on players and wages than we ever will, along with the unfair split in TV monies that the rest of us receive :agree:I remember (I'm sure you do too) the number of fans they were getting when they were pish and not winning anything. How much more do you think they would be spending on players based on those sorts of attendances considering they are toiling now, it they were winning f all the glory hunters would soon disappear again. As for the unfair split of TV money, only the other clubs can do anything about that if they had the baws tae stand up tae OF and stick together instead of bending over and taking up the jacksie.

H18sry
25-02-2011, 11:25 AM
I remember (I'm sure you do too) the number of fans they were getting when they were pish and not winning anything. How much more do you think they would be spending on players based on those sorts of attendances considering they are toiling now, it they were winning f all the glory hunters would soon disappear again. As for the unfair split of TV money, only the other clubs can do anything about that if they had the baws tae stand up tae OF and stick together.

Not disputing that, but they still have a massive fan base, who still buy merchandise, I would think that the money that they bring in from shirt sales and the likes is in the same ballpark as we receive in season ticket sales

basehibby
25-02-2011, 11:26 AM
I remember (I'm sure you do too) the number of fans they were getting when they were pish and not winning anything. How much more do you think they would be spending on players based on those sorts of attendances considering they are toiling now, it they were winning f all the glory hunters would soon disappear again. As for the unfair split of TV money, only the other clubs can do anything about that if they had the baws tae stand up tae OF and stick together instead of bnending over and taking up the jacksie.

Aye - they were still getting more than us sad to say.

Much as I'd like to see the OF financially toiling I'm still quite happy to see them - or any other Scottish team - earn a few extra bob if it keeps the door open for the rest of us.

Hibeesb0unc3
25-02-2011, 11:33 AM
the only good thing about rangers going through is that if the weegies have some more similar success then it might mean more european places up for grabs than just 3.

But then this is all outweighed by the fact that it would mean the weegies winning games, so come on psv

Frazerbob
25-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I hope Rangers make it all the way to the final. Surely after 100,000 huns wreck Dublin (following their Manchester rammy) they would be banned from European football. Could their already thread bare bank account cope without Champions League money?

heretoday
25-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Yes imagine Rangers v Man City or Liverpool in the Dublin final!

Scottish sides would probably face a five year ban from Europe after that one - never mind yer coefficient!

silverhibee
25-02-2011, 12:08 PM

Yeah i noticed big Rod there looking a bit dejected when Sporting got there second. :greengrin

paxtonhibby
25-02-2011, 12:13 PM
I love the fact the huns are riddled with debt,anything that reduces it is a bad thing,surely?The state of our finances gives us an excellent opportunity(long term) to giving the o/f a decent challenge.Thats the dream!:greengrin

The Slav
25-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Not disputing that, but they still have a massive fan base, who still buy merchandise, I would think that the money that they bring in from shirt sales and the likes is in the same ballpark as we receive in season ticket sales

Am I missing the point here? Why would you like to think? What do you care? I am sure when the huns won last night the first thing they thought was 'oh, that will help Scottish football' did they ****! They don't care about anything outside of Govan and the sooner they **** off to the Premiership the better

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I can't believe that thread title is on a Hibs forum....:rolleyes::confused:

Great that means the currant buns get more money through progressing into next round, making the gap between them and the rest of us grow even bigger.... Rangers do not give a flying one about Scottish co-eficient......Shower of horrible bigots.......

paxtonhibby
25-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't believe that thread title is on a Hibs forum....:rolleyes::confused:

Great that means the currant buns get more money through progressing into next round, making the gap between them and the rest of us grow even bigger.... Rangers do not give a flying one about Scottish co-eficient......Shower of horrible bigots.......

Nail oan heed smiley!

Killiehibbie
25-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Congratulate the huns? No chance i'd rather they got hammered almost every game they played. Get them to the level they were in the early 80's and celtic to the level of the early 90's then the league would be interesting again. As for us in Europe i'd give up a good night every decade or so to see them suffer and the playing field getting levelled.

HibbyAndy
25-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Ill never congratulate the Huns in my life!, Cant believe their is a thread on here CONGRATULATING THE BIGOTS!!!!

I hope they get pumped bigstyle in the next round ..**** them Hearts and Smeltc and every game they play!! Congratulations to the Huns.Do me a ****ing favour!!!!

ArabHibee
25-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Ask any of these players if there aim is to see there careers out playing SPL football or playing in European competitions and the answer 100% will be European Football, Playing in regular European football can help you hold on to your better players.
I think the prime factor in this decision is money and wages, not whether they'll be playing European football or no.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I would rather they weren't in Europe at all and we were talking about Hibs beating Sporting Lisbon last night, or even Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd, but we're not.

Whether people like it or not, Rangers and Celtic are the biggest clubs in Scotland by some considerable distance and whilst I would quite gladly see the back of the pair of them, if they're playing in Europe, I won't be too disappointed if they win.

I understand the argument that says "if they win too many games in Europe they'll just pull even further away from Hibs and the rest of Scottish football". However, the better that Scottish teams do in Europe, the more places we are awarded in future seasons. Rangers and Celtic, in the foreseeable future anyway, are always going to be at the top of the SPL so if they do badly in Europe one season, they'll still be in Europe the next season but it's likely to only be them as we won't have places for anyone else to qualify.

However, if they do well, it gives the opportunity for another two or three of the other teams in Scotland to qualify for Europe and play in European competition, which is an experience that is vital in allowing a club to grow and attract better quality players.

People say that Rangers or Celtic doing well in Europe is not worth it for Hibs to just get two matches in the Europa League against an Eastern European team every four or five years or so. Personally I would rather see Hibs playing two matches in the Europa League every four or five years or so than no matches at all. Your team representing your nation in European competition is the ultimate prize for any club in the continent so I don't understand why anyone would want to see something happen that would harm Hibs' chances of achieving that goal.

ArabHibee
25-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I would rather they weren't in Europe at all and we were talking about Hibs beating Sporting Lisbon last night, or even Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd, but we're not.
Whether people like it or not, Rangers and Celtic are the biggest clubs in Scotland by some considerable distance and whilst I would quite gladly see the back of the pair of them, if they're playing in Europe, I won't be too disappointed if they win.
I understand the argument that says &quot;if they win too many games in Europe they'll just pull even further away from Hibs and the rest of Scottish football&quot;. However, the better that Scottish teams do in Europe, the more places we are awarded in future seasons. Rangers and Celtic, in the foreseeable future anyway, are always going to be at the top of the SPL so if they do badly in Europe one season, they'll still be in Europe the next season but it's likely to <b>only</b> be them as we won't have places for anyone else to qualify.
However, if they do well, it gives the opportunity for another two or three of the other teams in Scotland to qualify for Europe and play in European competition, which is an experience that is vital in allowing a club to grow and attract better quality players.
People say that Rangers or Celtic doing well in Europe is not worth it for Hibs to just get two matches in the Europa League against an Eastern European team every four or five years or so. Personally I would rather see Hibs playing two matches in the Europa League every four or five years or so than no matches at all. Your team representing your nation in European competition is the ultimate prize for any club in the continent so I don't understand why anyone would want to see something happen that would harm Hibs' chances of achieving that goal.
I'd rather see Hibs win the Scottish Cup than play a couple of games in Europe every 5 years.

Bishop Hibee
25-02-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd rather not rely on bigots and fascist clubs to help us 'progress' as such progress mean qualifying to get gubbed by some east European team, because they've systematically raided our best players having had their coffers bloated by CL and TV cash.

The Huns, along with Their vile brethren Smeltic can GTF, as can the revolting Yams. If those clubs could lose every game and goalless draw with each other all the time I'd love it.

Bloating the Huns and Celtic with European money Isn't going to help Scottish football, it'll just give them the weapons to wreck it further.

We have to progress as a club by charting our own course, not by 'congratulating' or even referencing ****.

Well said that man. **** the coefficient.

lapsedhibee
25-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Is it just me or is this one of those threads that could be ever so slightly shortened to:

X: The better the OF do, the better Hibs do.
Y: The better the OF do, the worse Hibs do.

Anyway I'm with Y.

The Slav
25-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd rather see Hibs win the Scottish Cup than play a couple of games in Europe every 5 years.
Being realistic, which is most likely to happen

Removed
25-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or is this one of those threads that could be ever so slightly shortened to:

X: The better the OF do, the better Hibs do.
Y: The better the OF do, the worse Hibs do.

Anyway I'm with Y.

:agree: me too

**** the OF

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not normally a sensitive sort, in fact I delight in a wind-up, but the title of this thread disgusts me, and I'd ask admins to remove it.

It's an insult to Hibs fans who have been abused by those toxic bigots throughout the generations.

No Hibs fan should be wishing that vile institution, it's flat Earth fans, or it's partner club anything but very worst.

HibbyAndy
25-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm not normally a sensitive sort, in fact I delight in a wind-up, but the title of this thread disgusts me, and I'd ask admins to remove it.

It's an insult to Hibs fans who have been abused by those toxic bigots throughout the generations.

No Hibs fan should be wishing that vile institution, it's flat Earth fans, or it's partner club anything but very worst.

iwasthere1972
25-02-2011, 02:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP shares a flat (for the want of a better word) somewhere in Govan with blueisthecolour and has gone out and left his computer on still logged on to Hibs.net.

Admin do us all a favour and delete this ******.

H18sry
25-02-2011, 02:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP shares a flat (for the want of a better word) somewhere in Govan with blueisthecolour and has gone out and left his computer on still logged on to Hibs.net. :rolleyes:

Admin do us all a favour and delete this ******.

If you want a thread removed use the report function :na na:

Sorry for caring about what is good for Scottish football :wink:

SRHibs
25-02-2011, 02:45 PM
People seem to be of the impression that there's a bunch of people on here actually willing Rangers to win and supporting them. Don't think many on here would necessarily want Rangers to win, but I see nothing wrong with finding positives in a negative.

I for one don't really give a **** how either half of the OF do in Europe. Win or lose - I don't care. If that makes me any less of a Hibs fan to some on here, then boohoo.

Definitely an overreaction by many in this thread though.

H18sry
25-02-2011, 02:52 PM
People seem to be of the impression that there's a bunch of people on here actually willing Rangers to win and supporting them. Don't think many on here would necessarily want Rangers to win, but I see nothing wrong with finding positives in a negative.

I for one don't really give a **** how either half of the OF do in Europe. Win or lose - I don't care. If that makes me any less of a Hibs fan to some on here, then boohoo.

Definitely an overreaction by many in this thread though.

silverhibee
25-02-2011, 02:53 PM

:agree: :top marks

PaulSmith
25-02-2011, 02:56 PM
As a Lloyds Banking Group shareholder I am delighted that Rangers have made it through to the next round.

Albanian Hibs
25-02-2011, 03:01 PM

Away and ***** :bye: Pass me the sickbag

:jamboak:LTYF

horrible horrible clubs

:agree: **** the Huns, Sellick and the Yams. I hate the lot of them with a passion. I'd rather go get my pubic area plucked and waxed before cheering any of that mob on.

This thread has given me the boak :bitchy:

adhibs
25-02-2011, 03:17 PM

I think that to myself every day

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 03:39 PM
The more money Celtic and Rangers have, the weaker the rest of Scottish football is.

Any 'success' they have in Europe is used as leaverage to try and whore themselves to England, Atlantic League or anywhere else that will have them.

If they are strong in Europe, then they'll poach- even more easily- the best players.

For sustained success in Europe, history shows Scotland needs a competitive league, not just an away trip to Europe every five years so that a few jackasses can get their kilts on.

50's and early 60's - Hibs, Dundee in EPC semi - strong Hibs and Hearts.
Late 60's early 70's - Celtic w EPC, Huns win EPCWC - strong Hibs and A'deen.
80's - A'deen win EPCWC, DU in UEFA final - strong Rantic

Since then and the widening financial gap between OF and rest- OF in two losing Europa finals, rest lucky to win a single game between, League if Ireland status.

I don't mind people advancing arguements for the good of Scottish football, but the co-efficent one simply doesn't stand up. It's become a parrot cry for the mindless and those with some sort of mission to show how supposedly fair and impartial they are.

Far from being to the benefit if Scottish football, all you are doing is giving the OF more tools to butcher it. Wise up, FFS.

Killiehibbie
25-02-2011, 03:46 PM
The more money Celtic and Rangers have, the weaker the rest of Scottish football is.

Any 'success' they have in Europe is used as leaverage to try and whore themselves to England, Atlantic League or anywhere else that will have them.

If they are strong in Europe, then they'll poach- even more easily- the best players.

For sustained success in Europe, history shows Scotland needs a competitive league, not just an away trip to Europe every five years so that a few jackasses can get their kilts on.

Since then and the widening financial gap between OF and rest- OF in two losing Europa finals, rest lucky to win a single game between, League if Ireland status.

I don't mind people advancing arguements for the good of Scottish football, but the co-efficent one simply doesn't stand up. It's become a parrot cry for the mindless and those with some sort of mission to show how supposedly fair and impartial they are.

Far from being to the benefit if Scottish football, all you are doing is giving the OF more tools to butcher it. Wise up, FFS.
1984 Dundee Utd 2-0 up after 1st leg of European Cup Semi-Final.

Wakeyhibee
25-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Aye **** the co-efficient, in fact **** it every year I don't care if we get to the point of having the same euro places as Malta.

There i've said it, I hate the OF more than I want Hibs to get in Europe.

Jack
25-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Of course if Hibs were to establish themselves in a regular 3rd or 4th spot and do even reasonably well, beyond 1st round would be a start, then the regular financial rewards would make our club go from strength to strength leaving our rivals trainling. :thumbsup:

sambajustice
25-02-2011, 03:50 PM
"Apparently" Portugese news have got footage of Rangers fans singing about Tommy Burns!!

SRHibs
25-02-2011, 04:02 PM

The less money they have, the worse they'll perform in Europe. We'll surrender some of our current European places, and it will weaken our league in its entirety. Just because our league becomes more competitive(FWIW I still think the OF would retain their dominance), doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be better. Can you see any SPL club boards having the willingness to reduce prices? Because if the quality of football drops even further, fans are definitely going to be driven away, regardless of how competitive it is.

This is a pipe dream. Never going to happen, so it's not really even worth thinking about to be quite honest.

Maybe, but they're still poaching players as it is anyway. If they're going to be successful in Europe, and fancy paying silly money for any of our talent, then I'm happy with that.

Don't know about the past, but I doubt this is the answer now. Although to be honest, I don't know what the answer is. I can't ever see any other club being up there with Celtic or Rangers though. We just can't compete, and even in a 16 team league, it wouldn't change the fact that both clubs are just far too big for the rest of us.

Aberdeen showed us that Scottish teams still have the potential to be relatively successful in Europe. 4-0 against Copenhagen, and the 2-2 draw with Bayern both spring to mind.

Well, I don't know about that. I'd simply just rather have the chance of European football, compared to no chance.

The Slav
25-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Bring back the 80's - not so sure about the strong Rantic in the 80's, as alluded to in earlier posts, it was round this time when Castle Greyskull was pulling in crowds of 10,000, as opposed to the 40,000 bigots they pull in nowadays.

As for the poaching of players - The Auld Infirm have been raping Scottish Clubs for years of the best players and then complaining about lack of competition. Hibs have probably been one of the worse affected.

As far as I am concerned they can FRO.

The Slav
25-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Aberdeen showed us that Scottish teams still have the potential to be relatively successful in Europe. 4-0 against Copenhagen, and the 2-2 draw with Bayern both spring to mind.

Not so sure about that - whilst the 4-0 v Copenhagen was an excellent night, as well the BM game, the previous pumping by Athletico Madrid and the away game to BM proved our lack of competitiveness at that level.

Then look at the last European outing against Sigma Olomouc, and you can see how far Aberdeen have dropped. I recall the days of Aberdeen going abroad and rolling over these teams or going to Glasgow and pumping Rangers and Celtic. These days, it may happen once in a blue moon, but it is all about a level of sustainability which is what Ferguson brought to Pittodrie late 70's and 80's.

We will never see the likes again, and it was good whilst it lasted, but now kills me to see the rubbish that is out there these days.

But the bottom line - still love to see the Old Firm getting hammered in Europe and then coming up wth all the excuses under the sun - at that level they are the wee guys with no clout, just like Aberdeen/Hibs et al in the Premier League.

GIRUT

:blah::blah:

basehibby
25-02-2011, 04:27 PM

I'd rather have a gang bang with the Saturdays and Girls Aloud - sadly that is only marginally less likely than Hibs winning the SC :rolleyes:

...and it wouldn't do the coefficient any good either!

AgentDaleCooper
25-02-2011, 04:35 PM

what about if it was someone like ferencvaros from hungary or whoever. i kinda like them (for no particular reason), and would support them against rangers. but i promise you this - if you were to take a count, fan for fan, of the ratio of wildly racist imbeciles supporting the clubs, i promise you, the huns would be made to look almost respectable.

doesn't mean i wouldn't want them humped.

my point? wanted rangers to win a game in europe, for the ends of the team you support (hibs), does not make you a racist. making such a statement only shows up your grasp of logic.:aok:

basehibby
25-02-2011, 04:41 PM

WTF difference does it make if you, me or any other Hibee does or doesn't give a flying felatio if the OF get stuffed or otherwise in european competition???

It's not as if anyone's away to get a subscription to Huns TV or a tatoo of super ally on their heehaws afterall - so Huns and Tims alike will not benefit one iota if any amount of Hibees choose to be either mildy pleased or bitterly dissappointed or anything in between about the OF's euro adventures.

So - WHAT's ALL THE FREKIN FUSS ABOUT THEN?!?!??!

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Ill never congratulate the Huns in my life!, Cant believe their is a thread on here CONGRATULATING THE BIGOTS!!!!

I hope they get pumped bigstyle in the next round ..**** them Hearts and Smeltc and every game they play!! Congratulations to the Huns.Do me a ****ing favour!!!!

:top marks:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Why would a self confessed TA member and Scotland traveller, wish well upon the union jack waving, want to be in England pretenders..... Must be a wind up....

iwasthere1972
25-02-2011, 05:56 PM
If you want a thread removed use the report function :na na:

Sorry for caring about what is good for Scottish football :wink:

:na na: :na na:

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 06:41 PM
WTF difference does it make if you, me or any other Hibee does or doesn't give a flying felatio if the OF get stuffed or otherwise in european competition???

It's not as if anyone's away to get a subscription to Huns TV or a tatoo of super ally on their heehaws afterall - so Huns and Tims alike will not benefit one iota if any amount of Hibees choose to be either mildy pleased or bitterly dissappointed or anything in between about the OF's euro adventures.

So - WHAT's ALL THE FREKIN FUSS ABOUT THEN?!?!??!

Don't see any fuss, just a debate between those who think we shouldn't be congratulating bigots on a Hibs message board for advancing in Europe, the likelihood of which will be to the deteriment of other Scottish clubs, including Hibs, and those who misguidedly parrot the Daily Record line of 'what's good for the OF is good for Scottish football.'

SRHibs
25-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Don't see any fuss, just a debate between those who think we shouldn't be congratulating bigots on a Hibs message board for advancing in Europe, the likelihood of which will be to the deteriment of other Scottish clubs, including Hibs, and those who misguidedly parrot the Daily Record line of 'what's good for the OF is good for Scottish football.'

:blah:

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 06:54 PM
:blah:

Well, that one really advanced the debate.

The passionate shout in the last post was much better!

SRHibs
25-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, that one really advanced the debate.

The passionate shout in the last post was much better!

Well, I made a long-winded post in reply to your previous post that you chose to ignore, so not much else I can do to 'advance the debate'.

ArabHibee
25-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Isn't that what the tartan army's for? :devil:

Hibernia Na Eir
25-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I would suggest that if the tables were turned, Scotland's Shame FC would want Hibernian OUT of Europe. They hate us. Make no mistake about that. They spout venom and poison towards us and have done so for decades. We are evil in many of their eyes.

So why pander to that lot of degenerates?

Come on whoever draws them in the next round:greengrin

Removed
25-02-2011, 07:19 PM

clerriehibs
25-02-2011, 07:26 PM
"Apparently" Portugese news have got footage of Rangers fans singing about Tommy Burns!!

Apparently, it's very easy to find footage of Hibs fans in full voice about Wallace Mercer.

I quite like the Wallace Mercer song, but not sure how your point depicts the huns as being worse than us.

Iggy Pope
25-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Apparently, it's very easy to find footage of Hibs fans in full voice about Wallace Mercer.

I quite like the Wallace Mercer song, but not sure how your point depicts the huns as being worse than us.

Tommy Burns drove the Huns to the brink of extinction whist being a fat smug twat?

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, I made a long-winded post in reply to your previous post that you chose to ignore, so not much else I can do to 'advance the debate'.

Sorry, completely missed the post you're talking about, can see why I would have come over as a bit dismissive. You make a lot of good points and I agree that Rantic would still be in a dominant position for the reasons you give. I guess that ultimately I think a competitive league is better for Scotland and the sooner the unfair advantage the OF have of TV money/ sectarianism is minimalised, the better. Take your point that it means we get more money for poached players in the short term if they advance in Europe. I also think it enables them to trade up and sell their players to England at inflated prices. No easy answers I'm afraid, and in that case I fall back on my anti OF position.

You put up a good arguement -as long as you know I wasn't wilfully ignoring it.

Captain Trips
25-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I do not wish to see the OF win any matches in Europe, I have no interest in its impact on the co-eff, if it means there are less places then all the more reason Hibs have to make sure they finish high enough if not they dont deserve it. Its up to hibs to get into Europe and benefit themselves by performing well.

We have 30+ SPL matches, SC cup and LC to be trying to win more than enough to be getting on with IMO.

Bostonhibby
25-02-2011, 09:21 PM
:agree: I particularly liked the way they entered Poland, and taking the piss out of Stalin right after that non agression pact was signed, shame about getting the weather wrong though.

If I have misunderstood the question and this is about Scotland's shame then, No.
You can stick your coefficient up your er*e

Hibernia Na Eir
25-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Why would a self confessed TA member and Scotland traveller, wish well upon the union jack waving, want to be in England pretenders..... Must be a wind up....

Couldnt have put it better myself !:agree:

Russ
25-02-2011, 09:46 PM

You could well be right, I actually sit in seat 108, all these years I thought it was 118:hide: what a flump :not worth

Removed
25-02-2011, 09:49 PM
You could well be right, I actually sit in seat 108, all these years I thought it was 118:hide: what a flump :not worth

:faf: that was a lucky escape. She was coming after you as well :greengrin

:hmmm: but she does now know your real seat number :wink:

ArabHibee
25-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Even nearer to me. I will be checking, you do know that don't you........

Removed
25-02-2011, 09:52 PM

Told you :halowitch:

:greengrin

Russ
25-02-2011, 10:03 PM

LOL, Nuthin to hide here, feel free to check all u like:rolleyes:

H18sry
25-02-2011, 10:26 PM

I want what's best for Hibs first and foremost, as I have said the Huns winning last night means we will have at least 4 European places next season,if they had lost it would have dropped down to 3, now it is hard enough for us to finish 4th to get a shot at European football let alone having to finish 3rd.

The Baldmans Comb
25-02-2011, 10:50 PM

'Scotland's Shame' them not you (I think):wink:

SRHibs
27-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry, completely missed the post you're talking about, can see why I would have come over as a bit dismissive. You make a lot of good points and I agree that Rantic would still be in a dominant position for the reasons you give. I guess that ultimately I think a competitive league is better for Scotland and the sooner the unfair advantage the OF have of TV money/ sectarianism is minimalised, the better. Take your point that it means we get more money for poached players in the short term if they advance in Europe. I also think it enables them to trade up and sell their players to England at inflated prices. No easy answers I'm afraid, and in that case I fall back on my anti OF position.

You put up a good arguement -as long as you know I wasn't wilfully ignoring it.

Yeah, no hard feelings.

I think there's definitely two sides to things. Each to their own I guess. I'm no hun sympathiser though, I just want what I feel is best for Hibs.:wink:

Earl o'Montrose
27-02-2011, 08:33 PM

I couldn't agree with this more. I've excepted the YAMS from this as I have some good yammish mates so i find the pink team less obnoxious. But as for the OF, well Dashing Bob sums it up perfectly.