PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets 2011/2012

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Prices for next Season have been frozen so priced at 2010 prices. On official site, additional incentives also being offered.

Well done Hibs....:flag::flag::flag:

Lofarl
24-02-2011, 01:13 PM
A bit to early to be doing this. We are far from out if the woods yet

HibbyDave
24-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Good news for fans who want renew but when will fans wake up and realise it's the timing of this type of release......just after three wins, keep building the feelgood factor etc etc

Nothing to do with the fact that it's extremely unlikely that the stadium will be full anytime soon. I certainly won't be renewing mine.
I know, this style of comment means I'll probably be burned at the stake by the happy clappers however after 40, yes 40 years of watching hibs my loyalty has been tested too far in the last year.
I'll pick and choose the games I want to attend in the future.
GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Good news for fans who want renew but when will fans wake up and realise it's the timing of this type of release......just after three wins, keep building the feelgood factor etc etc

Nothing to do with the fact that it's extremely unlikely that the stadium will be full anytime soon. I certainly won't be renewing mine.
I know, this style of comment means I'll probably be burned at the stake by the happy clappers however after 40, yes 40 years of watching hibs my loyalty has been tested too far in the last year.
GGTTH

I get what you are saying but if the prices were hiked up there would have been a meltdown....

Seems they are damned if the do, damned if they don't imo

Jay
24-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Is it me? As far as I can see the price of kids has changed to now include a 'Hibs Future' for kids 12 and over, they now pay more than Kids, my sons ticket has not been frozen its gone up by about £25.

Someone please tell me I am wrong.

He is 14, sits in the west and doesnt get the family discount. Paid £145 last year (just checked bank statement to make sure) I think I will be charged £170 this year.

down the slope
24-02-2011, 01:32 PM
If our club vote for the ten team league set up then they will not get a penny more until the vote is reversed.

Hibercelona
24-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm not surprised the prices have been frozen. If they weren't, they wouldn't get many ST holders next season, thats for sure.

They aren't doing this because they want to. They are doing it because they really don't have any other option.

blackpoolhibs
If our club vote for the ten team league set up then they will not get a penny more until the vote is reversed.

Thats my worry.

GloryGlory
You also have to sign up by MARCH 25 to qualify for the instalment plan! :rolleyes:

ISTR that last year payment deadlines were much later in the year.

Come off it, Petrie - let us know what we are getting for our money. Who's coming? Who's going?

Hibercelona
24-02-2011, 01:39 PM

I'd be bitterly disappointed if we vote for this to happen. It may benefit some other clubs in the SPL, but would be no benefit to us really.

PaulSmith
24-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Support Hibs rather than the league structure IMO.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Blind faith and ignorance will rule in our house again. We'll be renewing ours. I like the free cup top up for early birds. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Blind faith and ignorance will rule in our house again. We'll be renewing ours. I like the free cup top up for early birds. :thumbsup:

Yip A winner in my eyes also...... Come on the top up:flag:

hibee62
24-02-2011, 01:46 PM
You also have to sign up by MARCH 25 to qualify for the instalment plan! :rolleyes:

Come off it, Petrie - let us know what we are getting for our money. Who's coming? Who's going?

So you think we should release who our summer targets are for all to see 3 months before the window opens so other clubs get in first?

GloryGlory
24-02-2011, 01:56 PM
So you think we should release who our summer targets are for all to see 3 months before the window opens so other clubs get in first?

If we have signed PCAs, yes.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 01:59 PM

You could always wait and see what happens at the seasons end before renewing. Buying early is always buying blind to a certain extent. Hence the incentives to do so.

Geo_1875
24-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Even if the players involved have asked them not to?

LancashireHibby
24-02-2011, 02:11 PM

But from what I can see the payments are MUCH smaller (11 instalments instead of 4?), not to mention the fact there is 0% interest (most clubs tend to charge 10-16% interest on similar schemes).

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Total cost of my tickets £500 -divide by 11 = £45.454545454545.

First payment of £45.45 as deposit followed by a further 10 payments of £45.45 = £499.95 = 5p short! Petrie will never allow it :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2011, 02:15 PM
But from what I can see the payments are MUCH smaller (11 instalments instead of 4?), not to mention the fact there is 0% interest (most clubs tend to charge 10-16% interest on similar schemes).

10 instalments last year!

LancashireHibby
24-02-2011, 02:23 PM
10 instalments last year!

Was it? My mistake, must have been thinking of a previous year as I'm sure there was a stage where all of the payments were paid up before the start of the season? Very tempted for £36 a month though not sure whether I'll get to enough games to justify it.

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Was it? My mistake, must have been thinking of a previous year as I'm sure there was a stage where all of the payments were paid up before the start of the season? Very tempted for £36 a month though not sure whether I'll get to enough games to justify it.

It looks like a great deal again right enough, so much better than having to convince the missus to let me part with £500 in one go :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Ideally we would have a bigger league instead of a smaller one (that would be my preference as well) but if we voted for a larger league and that is what we ended up with, we would probably have seen an increase in season ticket prices next season to make up for the loss that the club would make in reduced income from gate receipts.

Would you be willing to accept that after the season we're having?

hibee62
24-02-2011, 02:50 PM

If someone is signing on a pre contract they are more than likely a failure from another club or someone from a lower league club. Is that the sort of player who would convince you or anyone else to buy a new contract.

Any "exciting" deals will probably not be done until the window opens even if we may be tracking such players now...

jgl07
24-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Likewise.

I will not set foot in Easter Road for an SPL match if that goes through.

legends of 73
24-02-2011, 02:56 PM
i'll renew next week:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

beats shopping on a saturday fitba might be pish but it's been pish most of the time i've watched hibs and thats a long time

Dalkeith
24-02-2011, 03:01 PM
however after 40, yes 40 years of watching hibs my loyalty has been tested too far in the last year.
GGTTH

you are not alone 40+ years and i am the same, it will end up with me being at less games and spending less

down the slope
24-02-2011, 03:06 PM
What if the worst was to happen and we were relegated- maybe unlikely the way things are going so would the ST be reduced for the first division ?.

Kojock
24-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I bought the three year season ticket, wonder if I will get the free cup top up. :dunno:

Gatecrasher
24-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Decent offer, if you renew before 25/03/2011 you get a free cup top up and a £10 voucher for the new home kit. If I read it right

Wilson
24-02-2011, 03:19 PM
What if the worst was to happen and we were relegated- maybe unlikely the way things are going so would the ST be reduced for the first division ?.

I would hope not.

Bishop Hibee
24-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Common practice for clubs to start getting ST money in before the start of the season. It certainly suits me to pay in 11 installments rather than the whole lot upfront.

If people don't want to get a ST its their choice. I'd always get one unless my current financial/geographical/work circumstances changed or the club was run by a Romanov/Glazer type figure.

Eldest is moving up into the 'Hibs Futures' category which will mean an extra £35 but I think it's a good deal given the free cup top-up and £10 off the new kit.

A guarded "well done" to the club from me.

Luna_Asylum
24-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Likewise.

I will not set foot in Easter Road for an SPL match if that goes through.

I will not bar myself from ER but I will not renew ST
Perhaps it is worth telling this to the club?

Mikey
24-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Do those of you who are refusing to renew, for whatever reason, want better players brought in and Derek Riordan to be offered a contract?

Because if you don't renew................

bod
24-02-2011, 03:51 PM
. . . . . . you can always pick & choose your games.
Harldy going to sell out the home end

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 03:55 PM
As a matter of interest, does anyone have a copy (hard copy or online) of this year's season ticket prices? I tried to get it off the Hibs website but the link from the story last year, is out of date now and doesn't work.

If anyone has this info I would be most grateful if you could post it up or send me a link to wherever it is.

Cheers!

Speedy
24-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Is it me? As far as I can see the price of kids has changed to now include a 'Hibs Future' for kids 12 and over, they now pay more than Kids, my sons ticket has not been frozen its gone up by about £25.

Someone please tell me I am wrong.

He is 14, sits in the west and doesnt get the family discount. Paid £145 last year (just checked bank statement to make sure) I think I will be charged £170 this year.

I'm not 100% sure but was it not "Hibs Kids" and "Concessions" last year?

So have they not just changed the name from "Concessions" to "Hibs Futures"?

Edit: Do the east standers who got cheaper tickets last year get them at the same price? I assume they don't :devil:

Stevie Reid
24-02-2011, 04:20 PM
All good for me - a wee bit disappointed not to get two months off paying towards my ST but if having the money in early helps the team, I'm fine with that.

Will have renewed by 25 March.

PaulSmith
24-02-2011, 04:21 PM
You have the right to repay the credit early at any time in full or partially.

I like this option, basically what it means is that you can agree to the DD payment plan now and then add some extra into it as and when to pay off early.

Jay
24-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Edit: Do the east standers who got cheaper tickets last year get them at the same price? I assume they don't :devil:

Pretty sure all kids were classed as U16 except under 5's who were cheaper, now 12 year old and up pay a higher price. He was 13 last year and paid £145 this year will pay £170 - how is that a frozen price?

That must be one of the highest prices for a kids ST around surely?

Dalkeith
24-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Do those of you who are refusing to renew, for whatever reason, want better players brought in and Derek Riordan to be offered a contract?

................there may be a better chance but how do we know that there will be a new contract for derek or better players?

jgl07
24-02-2011, 04:40 PM

If they go ahead with the lunatic changes against the wishes of the vast majority of supporters, I couldn't give a stuff who Hibs put in the team as I will not be there.

It would be bad enough if Hibs were being blackmailed into backing the scheme but they appear to be one of the main proponents.

It is going to be torture next season with three clubs relegated (four if they build in a play-off). Everyone will be scratching and clawing for points.

I went through the whole relegation and promotion thing in the late 1990s and hardly missed a match home or away. I have only been to one SPL match and one SC match since before Christmas and don't plan to be there on Saturday. My season ticket has remained pretty well unused for three months.

24-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Pretty sure all kids were classed as U16 except under 5's who were cheaper, now 12 year old and up pay a higher price. He was 13 last year and paid £145 this year will pay £170 - how is that a frozen price?

You are correct. Hibs have increased prices to between £45 and I think £70 for kids aged between 12 and 16 for next season. Frozen prices my bahookie.

Hibs kids membership now stops at 12 years old, not 16.

JimBHibees
24-02-2011, 04:48 PM
You are correct. Hibs have increased prices to between £45 and I think £70 for kids aged between 12 and 16 for next season. Frozen prices my bahookie.

Can you not get a Hibs future family ticket for £120 though?

Jay
24-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Thats what I thought, they have frozen everybody elses price but have brought in a new age structure for kids so they are paying more from the age of 12!!! Utter disgrace from Hibs!

Jay
24-02-2011, 04:54 PM

I am sure last season that was only about £85 and thats only with a full paying adult.

24-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Ye, it was £80-85 last season, that is not a frozen price, that is a 35 - £40 increase?

JimBHibees
24-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I am sure last season that was only about £85 and thats only with a full paying adult.

Sorry didnt realise that, seems out of order and a strange part of the support i.e non-earning to be increasing pricing for.

Given the current economic climate e.g job losses, pay freezes etc, no supporter should be paying more especially on the back of the entertainment :faf: that has been served up this season. Strange decision.

JimBHibees
24-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Ye, it was £80-85 last season, that is not a frozen price, that is a 35 - £40 increase?

Didnt realise that. Ridiculous decision.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Thats what I thought, they have frozen everybody elses price but have brought in a new age structure for kids so they are paying more from the age of 12!!! Utter disgrace from Hibs!

Not everyone.

Pretty sure the disabled and carer season tickets were £100 each this season and next season they are going up to £120 each.

I'm almost certain this is the case but not 100%, which is why I asked earlier if anyone had any details on this year's prices.

Jay
24-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Not everyone.

Pretty sure the disabled and carer season tickets were £100 each this season and next season they are going up to £120 each.

I'm almost certain this is the case but not 100%, which is why I asked earlier if anyone had any details on this year's prices.

I think they were £120 last year Falkirk, up from £100 the year before but I could be wrong

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 05:05 PM

No we don't although if I can convince my wee cousin to renew his ticket then I'll get my ticket for the same price as last year :greengrin

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 05:11 PM
It says everyone will get a new season ticket card for next season, what's the point in that? Can't they just add it on to the cards we have?

Westie1875
24-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Good offer on the cup top up if you renew early enough, can't remember that ever being free before.

I assume if any changes to the league structure come in they won't be implemented until season 2012/13?

matty_f
24-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Every pound in season tickets goes on the team.

IMHO, the single biggest reason to get a season ticket.

If you want Calderwood to be able to bring a better standard of player to the club, get a ticket.

Antifa Hibs
24-02-2011, 05:29 PM
A 'price freeze' for the pish we've had to endure for the last year? Is that it? And its not really a price freeze is it, kids prices in certain categories have went up, all prices go up after sometime in June. £415 for the East for example :rotflmao:

In this current economic climate where there is high unemployment, VAT increases, higher inflation, job redundancies, salary cuts etc etc, Rod the messiah thinks its a good idea to increase season tickets by a tenner, and by doing that I'd imagine PATG will increase aswell. :faf:

Petrie and the board can ram it, some of the most expensive season tickets in the league, all while punting our best players for hee-haw while our board take £500k a season. Petrie can still **** off as far as i'm concerned.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 05:31 PM
A 'price freeze' for the pish we've had to endure for the last year? Is that it? And its not really a price freeze is it, kids prices in certain categories have went up, all prices go up after sometime in June. £415 for the East for example :rotflmao:

In this current economic climate where there is high unemployment, VAT increases, higher inflation, job redundancies, salary cuts etc etc, Rod the messiah thinks its a good idea to increase season tickets by a tenner, and by doing that I'd imagine PATG will increase aswell. :faf:

Petrie and the board can ram it, some of the most expensive season tickets in the league, all while punting our best players for hee-haw while our board take £500k a season. Petrie can still **** off as far as i'm concerned.

Drop the prices and weaken the squad then. Simple.:agree:

Antifa Hibs
24-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Every pound in season tickets goes on the team.

IMHO, the single biggest reason to get a season ticket.

If you want Calderwood to be able to bring a better standard of player to the club, get a ticket.

Like the £1.7m we've taken in already this season in transfers? I used to be as gullable as everyone else, now thankfully i've seen the light :rolleyes:

Hope our season tickets aswell as everyother team in the SPL are well well down, better for us in the long run.

Antifa Hibs
24-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Drop the prices and weaken the squad then. Simple.:agree:

Suits me.

Things can't get possibly any worse than the ****** we've been watching the last year.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Like the £1.7m we've taken in already this season in transfers? I used to be as gullable as everyone else, now thankfully i've seen the light :rolleyes:

Hope our season tickets aswell as everyother team in the SPL are well well down, better for us in the long run.

So are you just not going to bother going then? Surely the pay at the gate prices will be just as offensive to you?

marinello59
24-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Suits me.

Things can't get possibly any worse than the ****** we've been watching the last year.

That doesn't make sense does it?:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
24-02-2011, 05:37 PM
So are you just not going to bother going then? Surely the pay at the gate prices will be just as offensive to you?

They are, but I've had about 5 freebies this season already and missed a match due a weekend away. Will probably be well quids in :cool2:

Removed
24-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Good offer on the cup top up if you renew early enough, can't remember that ever being free before.

It was before they brought in cup top ups :wink:

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I think they were £120 last year Falkirk, up from £100 the year before but I could be wrong

This year's season ticket prices were reduced on last season's prices though and matched the prices of season 07/08.

Jay
24-02-2011, 05:55 PM
This year's season ticket prices were reduced on last season's prices though and matched the prices of season 07/08.

You'll know better than me Falkirk. I cant really remember just have a vague memory of it being dearer than I had expected when I went to get my dads but knowing me that could have been the year before or the year before that :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 06:12 PM
You'll know better than me Falkirk. I cant really remember just have a vague memory of it being dearer than I had expected when I went to get my dads but knowing me that could have been the year before or the year before that :greengrin

I remember you saying that your dad had a disabled season ticket so you may well be right.

I would just like someone to give me the full price list for this year so I can check.

I don't want to write to Hibs, saying that they're advertising that season ticket prices have been frozen next year when some haven't actually been, only for them to come back later and say that it was in fact £120 for a disabled season ticket last year.

I'm almost positive that it wasn't that much but I would look a bit silly if I'm wrong. :agree:

You've got me thinking now though! :greengrin

Beefster
24-02-2011, 06:14 PM

You're right. A relative of mine paid £100 this season and will pay £120 next season. The bonus for him though is that, overall, with the free cup-top up, he'll be £10 better off.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 06:42 PM
You're right. A relative of mine paid £100 this season and will pay £120 next season. The bonus for him though is that, overall, with the free cup-top up, he'll be £10 better off.

Cheers for clearing that up. :aok:

So, really, Hibs are actually talking complete nonsense when they're advertising that all season ticket prices for next year will be frozen at this year's prices. :agree:

I take it a cup top-up this season cost £30 then, which took your relative's price, this season, up to £130? I've no idea how much they cost as I've never had one as I'm able to get a seat no bother for any home cup tie that we've ever had.

A 20% increase in the cost of a season ticket, when everyone else appears to have had their prices frozen as a result of the poor season that we are having and to thank people for their continued support despite this, seems a bit ridiculous.

Baldy
24-02-2011, 07:27 PM
I bought the three year season ticket, wonder if I will get the free cup top up. :dunno:

Im the same but I doubt it

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I wont be renewing :boo hoo:

I would have gone for the payment plan and spread the cost.

The Paymet Plan does not include FREE cup top up's and they want me to start paying 4 months in advance.

You have to take in to account a lot of people have lost jobs had pay cuts or pay freezes. I think in this current climate that is a BIG mistake, fans will look at the Stadium being half empty they can pick and choose their games and still sit with their mates, they may choose to give 5 or 6 league games a miss and wait and go to cup games with lower league teams for a Tenner.

If you have a season like this fans will choose to miss even more games, if they dont have a season ticket.

BIG MISTAKE NOT OFFERING TOP UP Fans more of an INCENTIVE to renew.

PaulSmith
24-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Cheers for clearing that up. :aok:

So, really, Hibs are actually talking complete nonsense when they're advertising that all season ticket prices for next year will be frozen at this year's prices. :agree:

I take it a cup top-up this season cost £30 then, which took your relative's price, this season, up to £130? I've no idea how much they cost as I've never had one as I'm able to get a seat no bother for any home cup tie that we've ever had.

A 20% increase in the cost of a season ticket, when everyone else appears to have had their prices frozen as a result of the poor season that we are having and to thank people for their continued support despite this, seems a bit ridiculous.

Your paying £7 a game and still complain? What price do you think you should be paying, £5, £4 or get in for nothing.

Before you come back, yes I know you've quoted a 20% rise, and this is fact, but c'mon doesn't really tell the whole story does it?

Jay
24-02-2011, 07:47 PM

The Paymet Plan does not include FREE cup top up's and they want me to start paying 4 months in advance.

You have to take in to account a lot of people have lost jobs had pay cuts or pay freezes. I think in this current climate that is a BIG mistake, fans will look at the Stadium being half empty they can pick and choose their games and still sit with their mates, they may choose to give 5 or 6 league games a miss and wait and go to cup games with lower league teams for a Tenner.

If you have a season like this fans will choose to miss even more games, if they dont have a season ticket.

I think it does include the top ups.

Westie1875
24-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Yes it does (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/tickets/prices/0,,10290,00.html)

degenerated
24-02-2011, 07:49 PM

25 MARCH 2011 - PAYMENT PLAN DEADLINE
This package will include a free Cup Top Up, plus £10 off the new home kit.

seems fairly clear to me :confused:

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I think it does include the top ups.

It has * next to the price and says it only covers Kids tickets.

Then what would be the benefit of paying £405 up front ?

I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Mikey
24-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Are those of you who are turning your back on the club going to stop going to the games immediately, or just from next season?

Jay
24-02-2011, 07:52 PM
It has * next to the price and says it only covers Kids tickets would be delighted to be proved wrong.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/tickets/prices/0,,10290,00.html

It looks like the star next to it is just for effect - stupidly! The asterix next to the hibs future bit is for the bottom text explaing the new age structure I think.

FranckSuzy
24-02-2011, 07:53 PM
It has * next to the price and says it only covers Kids tickets would be delighted to be proved wrong.

The * denotes the new Hibs Future package.

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Are those of you who are turning your back on the club going to stop going to the games immediately, or just from next season?

i would wait until next season and my ST runs out.

smurf
24-02-2011, 07:56 PM
So the price freeze is being paid for by increases on CHILDREN?

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 07:56 PM
The * denotes the new Hibs Future package.

thats what I mean why have a * surely the * should be next to them all :confused:

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 07:58 PM

It looks like the star next to it is just for effect - stupidly! The asterix next to the hibs future bit is for the bottom text explaing the new age structure I think.

Thanks it is badly put together if that is the case

Westie1875
24-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Is it definitely a *? Looks like it could be a + to me, isn't clear on the page I'm looking at?

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Is it definitely a *? Looks like it could be a + to me, isn't clear on the page I'm looking at?

Looks like

+ is for £10 voucher
* is for cup top up

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 08:13 PM
25 MARCH 2011 - PAYMENT PLAN DEADLINE
This package will include a free Cup Top Up, plus £10 off the new home kit.

Seems pretty clear it's included.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Your paying £7 a game and still complain? What price do you think you should be paying, £5, £4 or get in for nothing.

Before you come back, yes I know you've quoted a 20% rise, and this is fact, but c'mon doesn't really tell the whole story does it?

I think you'll find disabled fans, particularly those in wheelchairs, do not have the freedom of choice to pick practically any seat within the stadium. Able bodied people are fortunate enough that they can choose to sit in whichever stand, section, row and seat that they like, whereas wheelchair users have to sit wherever the club has chosen to position its designated wheelchair section(s).

A lot of disabled people require extra care as well and may need regular visits to the toilet and as a result they, and their carer, may miss a large chunk of the game.

I did not complain about the overall price in general, nor did I say that I should get in for nothing. You seem to be making up a lot of things about me recently and I do not know why. If you have a specific problem with me, I would appreciate if you could tell me exactly what I have done wrong so I can maybe try to understand your attitude towards me.

I happen to think that the price that I pay at Easter Road is pretty reasonable, particularly for where I am in the East Stand, where I have a good seat with an excellent view of the pitch. However, in the Famous Five Stand, they have some wheelchairs situated down the very front and I know from experience at away grounds that you can see absolutely nothing from that position. They should not be paying anything (IMO) to get in.

The problem I have is that Hibs are advertising that all season ticket prices for next season have been frozen from this season's prices, when that is clearly not the case and they should not be misleading people in such a way.

If one category is going to have its season ticket prices frozen then everybody should have theirs frozen. Similarly, if one category is going to see its season ticket prices increase by 20% then everybody's should be increasing by 20%.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Very good deal.

early bird for me and I might even use the payment plan for the first time although it will only save me about £2 in interest over the year!

Not even enough for a pie! :greengrin

FranckSuzy
24-02-2011, 08:41 PM
thats what I mean why have a * surely the * should be next to them all :confused:

Maybe it's me that's missing something but it seems that it's just explaining the new category as it includes concessions, such as students, whom had their own category before.

FranckSuzy
24-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Looks like

+ is for £10 voucher
* is for cup top up

:agree: It's the deadlines that determine the offer you get.

Mikey
24-02-2011, 09:06 PM
VAT increases

Is that the same VAT increase that the club hasn't passed onto the fans, despite the fact that they'll be hit with it on every transaction they do?

You won't remember (because you don't want to) that the club REDUCED entry prices as soon as VAT dropped to 15% a few years ago. Yet they haven't made the fans pay extra now it's increased from 17.5% to 20%.

higher inflation

Is that the same higher inflation that will effect the club in it's day to day dealings as well?

Gatecrasher
24-02-2011, 09:06 PM
they have made the FF lower cheaper for adults as well, which was something that brought a few moans last year, Which is a good move IMO :agree:

Antifa Hibs
24-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Is that the same VAT increase that the club hasn't passed onto the fans, despite the fact that they'll be hit with it on every transaction they do?

You won't remember (because you don't want to) that the club REDUCED entry prices as soon as VAT dropped to 15% a few years ago. Yet they haven't made the fans pay extra now it's increased from 17.5% to 20%.

Is that the same higher inflation that will effect the club in it's day to day dealings as well?

That was a bigger farce than these prices they are coming out with.

Walk-up prices were still £21, but if bought your ticket in advance it was £20.50. The superb thing he was if you bought your ticket in advance via the internet or telephone it you were subject to a £1.50 booking fee. Save 50p by paying £1.00 more. Superb :rolleyes: :greengrin

Jamie
24-02-2011, 09:20 PM
False Advertising with Frozen when they are NOT :rolleyes:

col02
24-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Pretty happy with the package has to be said. I like my seats in the West upper and the price if I take it early will be less than what I paid last season. I am also willing to buy into what Calderwood is trying to achieve at Hibs.

Monktonhall 7
24-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Even though the majority of this season has been torture, I would never give up my seat in West Lower, as I have been there since it opened. After reading through these threads tonight, I logged into the official site and purchased! Maybe its passion for the club, all the talk of 12th man, or too much drink.

hfc rd
24-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I am going to be renewing once the application form comes throught the post as I have got faith that next season will be a much better season than this current one with Caldo and Adams in charge. But if the SPL is going to be a ten team league the season after next then I am not going to renew it the season after next. I totally agree with what Terry Butcher said about this format and the league will just become even less competitive and massive risks of teams going bust. The once again stupid and pathetic SPL ignores the most important people and without them there would be no such thing as Scottish football - THE FANS!

Albanian Hibs
24-02-2011, 10:22 PM
If they go ahead with the lunatic changes against the wishes of the vast majority of supporters, I couldn't give a stuff who Hibs put in the team as I will not be there.

It would be bad enough if Hibs were being blackmailed into backing the scheme but they appear to be one of the main proponents.

It is going to be torture next season with three clubs relegated (four if they build in a play-off). Everyone will be scratching and clawing for points.

I went through the whole relegation and promotion thing in the late 1990s and hardly missed a match home or away. I have only been to one SPL match and one SC match since before Christmas and don't plan to be there on Saturday. My season ticket has remained pretty well unused for three months.

I'll take your ticket off you for the rest of the season then :greengrin

This will be the second season in a row that I have not had a season ticket, this season because I was overseas for most of last year and next season I won't have one due to having a wee one on the way. I do think it is a good deal, especially with the free cup top up :agree:

matty_f
24-02-2011, 10:26 PM

Where do you think that money went? :dunno:

You do realise that it costs money to run a football club, and that at the end of the day, Hibs have to make the books balance?

Hibs commit to spending the season ticket money on the team every season, other income is needed to keep the club afloat.

Your last sentence is moronic, IMHO.

down the slope
25-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Where do you think that money went? :dunno:

You do realise that it costs money to run a football club, and that at the end of the day, Hibs have to make the books balance?

Hibs commit to spending the season ticket money on the team every season, other income is needed to keep the club afloat.

Your last sentence is moronic, IMHO.

Then it's just as moronic for a chairman to force through changes that very few want , the only thing that will change Petries mind is cash , simple. Nobody wants to hurt the club but fans have principles as well and sometimes they overide anything else.

marinello59
25-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Then it's just as moronic for a chairman to force through changes that very few want , the only thing that will change Petries mind is cash , simple. Nobody wants to hurt the club but fans have principles as well and sometimes they overide anything else.

I sometimes wonder on here. No matter what the club does some are ready to stick the boot in. They seem to revel in misery.

I take it you are already boycotting matches then? What do you do on match days now?

Keith_M
25-02-2011, 08:44 AM
If I thought I'd definitely be in Scotland next year and would actually get to games, then I'd be buying a Season Ticket.

However, that's my choice. If others think it's best for them to pick and choose games, that's fine.

The fact is that there are now 16,000 seats in the home end, so there will be no problem getting a seat at ANY game next season. that reduces the neccessity for a ST.

RE Prices. My personal view is that scottish football is over-priced, going by the quality of what's on show. However, I'm totally at a loss as to what Hibs can do to reduce prices and still manage to balance the books. If we had more of Sky's millions it would be possible and we could do what clubs like Blackburn do down in England.

matty_f
25-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I think it's a crap idea to push through the changes that practically no fan wants, however it's not moronic because there is a clear argument and reason behind going for the change. When stacked up against the argument for a bigger league, logically there is only one winner and it's not the popular one.
Whatever league hibs are in, I want us to do well in. I support the football club, not the board. Am I going to hope hibs are in a position where our status is put in jeapordy? No. wishing that our income is significantly reduced is asking for that, imho.

Kojock
25-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Looks like we will be missing a few fans next season because Hibs / Petrie are well in favour of a ten team league.

Mikey
25-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Looks like we will be missing a few fans next season becuase Hibs / Petrie are well in favour of a ten team league.

It's absolutely mental that people are willing to turn their back on the club because of the league structure.

If people are so against it why not boycott the away games. Stopping going to Easter Road is just plain bonkers.

Keith_M
25-02-2011, 09:07 AM
It's absolutely mental that people are willing to turn their back on the club because of the league structure.

If people are so against it why not boycott the away games. Stopping going to Easter Road is just plain bonkers.

I'd prefer a bigger league than a smaller one but don't see how boycotting is going to help. In the end, I go to Easter Road to watch Hibs, irrespective of how many other teams are in the league.

marinello59
25-02-2011, 09:08 AM

How many actually will? People just sometimes love a good old fashioned flounce off stage. :greengrin
Scottish football fans are more the most conservative section of society there is. Any change, good or bad, is met with howls of protest. All good fun though.

Saorsa
25-02-2011, 09:11 AM

If people are so against it why not boycott the away games. Stopping going to Easter Road is just plain bonkers.I dinnae go tae away games, what would you suggest I boycott. If the people who run Scottish fitba including those at Hibs are intent on ignoring the wishes of the majority and going ahead with this dire setup that favours the OF and TV companies then they can do it without my money. If they'll not listen tae the people that go tae games maybe they'll listen if/when enough of them stop going. I'll probably renew this year as I dinnae see any new set up being in place. If/when the 10 team league does get the nod that's me finished. I'll be at cup games only.

Godsahibby
25-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Does anyon know the figures of ow many games you've got to go to on our season ticket to make it worth while. I' sure I read o here last year that if you miss two games it is better just paying at the gate.

hibs0666
25-02-2011, 09:15 AM

A later payment plan wouldn't make a blind bit of difference as players come and go right to the end of the transfer window.

hibs0666
25-02-2011, 09:16 AM
I dinnae go tae away games, what would you suggest I boycott. If the people who run Scottish fitba including those at Hibs are intent on ignoring the wishes of the majority and going ahead with this dire setup that favours the OF and TV companies then they can do it without my money. If they'll not listen tae the people that go tae games maybe they'll listen if/when enough of them stop going. I'll probably renew this year as I dinnae see any new set up being in place. If/when the 10 team league does get the nod that's me finished. I'll be at cup games only.

Boycott this season then and make your point before rather than after it happens.

hibs0666
25-02-2011, 09:17 AM
How many actually will? People just sometimes love a good old fashioned flounce off stage. :greengrin
Scottish football fans are more the most conservative section of society there is. Any change, good or bad, is met with howls of protest. All good fun though.

True enough - any excuse to wet the bed. :wink:

marinello59
25-02-2011, 09:18 AM
I dinnae go tae away games, what would you suggest I boycott. If the people who run Scottish fitba including those at Hibs are intent on ignoring the wishes of the majority and going ahead with this dire setup that favours the OF and TV companies then they can do it without my money. If they'll not listen tae the people that go tae games maybe they'll listen if/when enough of them stop going. I'll probably renew this year as I dinnae see any new set up being in place. If/when the 10 team league does get the nod that's me finished. I'll be at cup games only.

I don't like the idea of a ten team league but the bottom line is they need TV money or the standards up here will drop even further. The only way I can see of having a 12/14/16 team set up and retaining TV money is to move to summer fitba. And that ain't gonna happen unfortunately.
Bet you do sneak in to one or two league games if we go to a ten team set up . :na na:

PaulSmith
25-02-2011, 09:42 AM

If the above is true then please explain why the vote will be passed by the other members of the SPL including our own Chairman.

Luna_Asylum
25-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I sometimes wonder on here. No matter what the club does some are ready to stick the boot in. They seem to revel in misery.

I take it you are already boycotting matches then? What do you do on match days now?

Some of us are neither sticking boots in, reveling in misery or threatening to boycott matches.

What we are saying is if the board do not oppose a 10 team spl we will not renew our season tickets. If enough people told the club this was their intention the board would be faced with a simple decision listen to the fans or ignore them.

It's fan power and if you want no part of it thats fine.

Kojock
25-02-2011, 09:47 AM
If the above is true then please explain why the vote will be passed by the other members of the SPL including our own Chairman.

Its all about money, Hibs want four games against the OF and Hearts rather than Dunfermline etc. Dont see how it helps the OF but there is no doubt the TV companies will make more money.

franks
25-02-2011, 09:55 AM

I also bought a 3 year season ticket last year along with a cup top up for 3 years. I will be expecting £55 refund for next seasons top up as I have bought my ST before the deadline.

Mikey
25-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Some of us are neither sticking boots in, reveling in misery or threatening to boycott matches.

What we are saying is if the board do not oppose a 10 team spl we will not renew our season tickets. If enough people told the club this was their intention the board would be faced with a simple decision listen to the fans or ignore them.

Maybe the majority are happy to go with it and you're just in a very noisy minority.

Mikey
25-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Its all about money............

That's because those pesky players insist on being paid to play for the club.

Kojock
25-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I also bought a 3 year season ticket last year along with a cup top up for 3 years. I will be expecting £55 refund for next seasons top up as I have bought my ST before the deadline.

I bought my three year ticket to support the club and give it some funds, but I feel we are being penalised as we got no benefits from it whereas people who renew this season will get the cup top up PLUS £10 off the new home top.

As Calimero said "Its an injustice it is"

Keith_M
25-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Does anyon know the figures of ow many games you've got to go to on our season ticket to make it worth while. I' sure I read o here last year that if you miss two games it is better just paying at the gate.

Pretty much, yes. A full price ST for the East was £405. If there are two home games each against the OF and Hearts, it would cost a total of £448 to go. Miss two category B games and you've lost £1. Miss two Cat A games and you've lost £11.

However, in saying that, a lot of STs this year were £385, because of different deals on offer, so you'd need to miss 3 games to be worse off.

Kids STs are fantastic value for money though. I'm sure it only works out at £4-5 a game for kids, if they make every game.

Kojock
25-02-2011, 10:08 AM
That's because those pesky players insist on being paid to play for the club.

Bloody cheek, I know loads of guys who would play for Hibs every week for free.

We could also get a board, manager and coach from Hibsnet as there are loads of posters on here who know how to run / manage / coach a football club better than the lot that are there now. :wink:

marinello59
25-02-2011, 10:12 AM

:tee hee:
Robert Lindsay could play you in the in movie about the heroic stand you take against the tyranny of Rod Petrie and co.

Luna_Asylum
25-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Maybe the majority are happy to go with it and you're just in a very noisy minority.

As I said before if you want nothing to do with it that's fine. Feel completely free to keep your head buried deep in the sand.

Boris
25-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Just a few random thoughts on the season ticket question.

I was one of the many I suspect giving serious thought to not renewing my season ticket for next season. No single reason really but partly owing to missing a few games since being totally scunnered with the total lack of commitment & effort by a number of players in the derby match at Easter Road last November. Lack of skill I'll live with, lack of effort never. Way I figured it, with increased capacity at Easter Road it was never going to be difficult to get a seat. If I chose to miss a game here & there, as I have over last few months, I wouldn't be out of pocket. I concede there are advantages to a season ticket - I wouldn't want to lose the seat I have now & first shout on tickets for the odd away game where they are tight - say Tynecastle or maybe a cup tie at a wee club with a small away allocation.

The probable return to a 10 club SPL also fills me with despair & it annoys me that Rod Petrie - and therefore Hibs - seem totally behind it. Basically, I was falling out of love with senior fitba. The oppposte of love isn't hate, it's apathy, & it was getting to the stage where I just couldn't give a flying f##k anymore. Took in a few games in the East of Scotland League in my days away from Hibs watching Leith Athletic. An energetic young team, totally commited each game, brilliantly coached & managed, with a great club set up. Lot of good Hibbies involved on the coaching & playing side. Good competitive games, no rip off entrance fees, referees allow proper tackling & nae jobsworth stewards telling you to shut up & sit quietly. Proper fitba!

Chances were I wouldn't have renewed next season & would have picked & chose my Hibs games. The free cup top up is a clever move though & that coupled with wanting to keep my current seat will probably sway me. Coupled with the 'Green Day' initiative & the jersey swop if you had a player name on back that left in January are positive initiatives. Lets face it though, something had to be done or season ticket numbers were going to drop drastically.

I do understand though where the punters are coming from that say that a top ten vote will be the end & I suspect it will be that way for fans at many clubs. Scottish fitba is dying on its feet with crowds dropping everywhere & away supports shrinking almost by the week. I take my hats off to the lads that still manage to organise buses to away games as having run buses myself in the past I can fully appreciate the financial nightmare it must be now.

Anyway, hats off to Hibs for making an effort in the short term but in the longer term I suspect it'll need more than a potential free cup tie or two to keep them buying season tickets.

Keith_M
25-02-2011, 10:42 AM
:tee hee:
Robert Lindsay could play you in the in movie about the heroic stand you take against the tyranny of Rod Petrie and co.

Power to the people!

paxtonhibby
25-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Its all about money, Hibs want four games against the OF and Hearts rather than Dunfermline etc. Dont see how it helps the OF but there is no doubt the TV companies will make more money.

I think the o/f are after as many bigotfests as poss,and also aint interested in games against even "diddier" clubs,Qos,Raith Partick etc.No disrespect to these clubs btw.:aok:

Dalkeith
25-02-2011, 10:57 AM

I've already started to miss games and it's getting a lot easier not to go after blindly following them everywhere for near on 40 years.

It will take something a bit more major than a cup top up and 2 wins against st mirren for me to part with my cash for next season.

on sunday i watched 3 games in a nice warm pub, had a good day out and still spent a lot less than i would have going to st mirren and it will be same for home games as well for rest of this season and next.

So if any hibs board member is reading this then ask yourself why has this 50 year old diehard had enough and is walking away, get in touch i can give you a long list

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Just a few random thoughts on the season ticket question.

I was one of the many I suspect giving serious thought to not renewing my season ticket for next season. No single reason really but partly owing to missing a few games since being totally scunnered with the total lack of commitment & effort by a number of players in the derby match at Easter Road last November. Lack of skill I'll live with, lack of effort never. Way I figured it, with increased capacity at Easter Road it was never going to be difficult to get a seat. If I chose to miss a game here & there, as I have over last few months, I wouldn't be out of pocket. I concede there are advantages to a season ticket - I wouldn't want to lose the seat I have now & first shout on tickets for the odd away game where they are tight - say Tynecastle or maybe a cup tie at a wee club with a small away allocation.

The probable return to a 10 club SPL also fills me with despair & it annoys me that Rod Petrie - and therefore Hibs - seem totally behind it. Basically, I was falling out of love with senior fitba. The oppposte of love isn't hate, it's apathy, & it was getting to the stage where I just couldn't give a flying f##k anymore. Took in a few games in the East of Scotland League in my days away from Hibs watching Leith Athletic. An energetic young team, totally commited each game, brilliantly coached & managed, with a great club set up. Lot of good Hibbies involved on the coaching & playing side. Good competitive games, no rip off entrance fees, referees allow proper tackling & nae jobsworth stewards telling you to shut up & sit quietly. Proper fitba!

Chances were I wouldn't have renewed next season & would have picked & chose my Hibs games. The free cup top up is a clever move though & that coupled with wanting to keep my current seat will probably sway me. Coupled with the 'Green Day' initiative & the jersey swop if you had a player name on back that left in January are positive initiatives. Lets face it though, something had to be done or season ticket numbers were going to drop drastically.

I do understand though where the punters are coming from that say that a top ten vote will be the end & I suspect it will be that way for fans at many clubs. Scottish fitba is dying on its feet with crowds dropping everywhere & away supports shrinking almost by the week. I take my hats off to the lads that still manage to organise buses to away games as having run buses myself in the past I can fully appreciate the financial nightmare it must be now.

Anyway, hats off to Hibs for making an effort in the short term but in the longer term I suspect it'll need more than a potential free cup tie or two to keep them buying season tickets.

Good post Boris, like you I think Hibs are doing well in the short time in trying to get bums on seats, longer term will prove to be more difficult I suspect.

Boris
25-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Good post Boris, like you I think Hibs are doing well in the short time in trying to get bums on seats, longer term will prove to be more difficult I suspect.

Hey, no happy getting called a bum - ya baldy heided work-shy shirker!!! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

allezsauzee
25-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Stadium seats 16-17k home fans now, simple economics dictates that if Petrie wants the stadium full, he'll need to reduce prices rather than freeze them.

marinello59
25-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Stadium seats 16-17k home fans now, simple economics dictates that if Petrie wants the stadium full, he'll need to reduce prices rather than freeze them.

You really have to wonder why Petrie hasn't thought of that. He must really, really , really hate Hibs. :agree:

down the slope
25-02-2011, 11:58 AM
If the board vote for the league change then they are sticking two fingers up to the fans , they must know that the vast majority of the support do not want a change to ten teams but it seems they don't give a flying one what we want. We hear plenty from them when they are pleading for our money but there is a deafening silence about the way their decision has been reached on this one . I wonder why the EN never questions them about this subject , David Hardie should be looking for some answers from them.

marinello59
25-02-2011, 12:02 PM
If the board vote for the league change then they are sticking two fingers up to the fans , they must know that the vast majority of the support do not want a change to ten teams but it seems they don't give a flying one what we want. We hear plenty from them when they are pleading for our money but there is a deafening silence about the way their decision has been reached on this one . I wonder why the EN never questions them about this subject , David Hardie should be looking for some answers from them.

I don't think that is true. There has been quite a bit in the media about why they think this is the way forward. Like many I don't want to see a ten team SPL but they have put forward a logical case.

Mikey
25-02-2011, 12:02 PM

How can you say that? There was a listening group just a week or so ago explaining the club's viewpoint.

down the slope
25-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Did they listen ?, if they happened to pick up any newspaper or switch on the tv/radio they would know the feeling of the fans.

greenlex
25-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Don't kid yourselves on. It's nothing to do with the league set up but the way tgecteam is playing and results. If Hibs were winning every week then it wouldn't matter who we were playing fans would want to go. Whether they could afford it is another matter.

PaulSmith
25-02-2011, 12:29 PM

So it's better financially for Hibs and helps attract TV money to get better players in the door then let's go for it.

There are more and more football people, Pressley being the latest, coming out in favour of the 10 team league after knowing all the facts behind the proposal.

Saorsa
25-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Don't kid yourselves on. It's nothing to do with the league set up but the way tgecteam is playing and results. If Hibs were winning every week then it wouldn't matter who we were playing fans would want to go. Whether they could afford it is another matter.Well I'll say baws tae that and rubbish your opinion the way you seem tae have rubbished everybody else's that you dinnae agree with. If I was bothered about how bad the team was playing I would have stopped going half way through last season. I Wouldnae have bothered paying at the gate for every game in the 1st half of this season and I certainly wouldnae have then forked out another £235 on a half season ticket for the rest of it when I already knew how dire we were. I can assure you I will be at nae SPL games whether the team are playing good, bad or indifferently if this pishy 10 team league goes ahead.

greenlex
25-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Well I'll say baws tae that and rubbish your opinion the way you seem tae have rubbished everybody else's that you dinnae agree with. If I was bothered about how bad the team was playing I would have stopped going half way through last season. I Wouldnae have bothered paying at the gate for every game in the 1st half of this season and I certainly wouldnae have then forked out another £235 on a half season ticket for the rest of it when I already knew how dire we were. I can assure you I will be at nae SPL games whether the team are playing good, bad or indifferently if this pishy 10 team league goes ahead.

Dinnae believe you.:na na:
10 team league decider at ER against Rangers and you will be in the pub? Aye right.

Saorsa
25-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Dinnae believe you.:na na:
10 team league decider at ER against Rangers and you will be in the pub? Aye right.If there's a league decider at ER but it'll only be deciding whether the smellies or the huns win it and I couldnae give toss about either. We'll be scrapping with the other 8 tae avoid one of the two possible relegation places.

Anyway if we'er playing that well I'll probably no be able tae get a seat because of the 20,000 ST holders we'll have :wink:

paxtonhibby
25-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Apart from the obvious increased revenue with the 10 team set up,any other benefits?Genuine question btw.

Mikey
25-02-2011, 01:31 PM
If there's a league decider at ER but it'll only be deciding whether the smellies or the huns win it and I couldnae give toss about either. We'll be scrapping with the other 8 tae avoid one of the two possible relegation places.

That's certainly a possibility if people walk away from the club.

Or we could be up there clear in a European spot if everyone pulls together and the manager has sufficient funds at his disposal.

down the slope
25-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Nobody is walking away from the club it's the club that's walking away from us , we are the paying customers but we have to watch what Petrie thinks is good enough. Whatever happened to the customer is always right , or does that not apply in football ?. I don't care what Steven Presley says or Neil Lennon and Walter Smith an aw !, none of these Guys has to pay a penny to watch football.

Mikey
25-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Nobody is walking away from the club it's the club that's walking away from us , we are the paying customers but we have to watch what Petrie thinks is good enough. Whatever happened to the customer is always right , or does that not apply in football ?. I don't care what Steven Presley says or Neil Lennon and Walter Smith an aw !, none of these Guys has to pay a penny to watch football.

Who is "us"?

There are plenty of posts on here complaining about the proposed set up, but if you stop and have a look you'll see it's the same few folks going on and on and on about it.

I'm not convinced there's the strength of feeling you think there is.

Kojock
25-02-2011, 03:31 PM
One good thing about league reconstruction is it will get rid of the stupid split.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Who is "us"?

There are plenty of posts on here complaining about the proposed set up, but if you stop and have a look you'll see it's the same few folks going on and on and on about it.

I'm not convinced there's the strength of feeling you think there is.

I agree, although imo the club should fear the apathy thats more apparent imo. 10 clubs is just wrong if we have the Scottish game at heart, and want the product from the bottom to the top to get better.

10 clubs will get more money, and that will nearly all go on over priced players on more money than they are worth.

The kids wont get bloodied nearly enough in a league where 8 teams are fighting relegation.

I dont know anyone who wants a 10 team league, will it stop me going probably not, will it stop me going as much, then yes. And thats the problem imo, folk wont go and watch the same sides 4 times. Rangers and celtics crowds are down, apart from the ****s i think everyone else's are, folk are getting fed up with this format but here we are being asked to support it.:confused:

lucky
25-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I will be renewing. The 11 month payment plan is an excellent idea, reduces the monthly costs. The cup top up is also a great initiative but i always believed we should have got cup games anyway. The club are doing their best. great offers on club shirts, free tickets, signed 6 new players and now freezing ticket prices.

They must be one of the few business to be reducing prices when RPI is at 5.1%

As for the 10 team league. I don't want it but money talks and as its the biggest revenue stream available from the TV then its got to be done. as for not wanting to play 4 times a season, well will be playing at least half the league four times this season so its no big change. The Old firm fans are loving the 7 match series. The big games raise the profile of our league.

Well done Rodders and the board.:cgwa:hibees

PolmontHibby
25-02-2011, 04:44 PM
To quote Blackpool….I will be one of those going less as switching from (2) seasons to a selection of games from next season.

Even a basic PR exercise by Doncaster and cohorts would have probably had me renewing – e.g. a proposal to investigate a future route to what the majority of supporters polled state they want ……but instead we get an “f you” and there are no alternatives due to not being “financially viable”.

More than the 10 team plans, it is the complete lack of vision for Scottish football that has tipped me towards not renewing. I could have came up with their strategy of TV money divided by a low number of teams for a far lower salary.

I have been happy to buy two season tickets for about 20 years knowing full well its not “financially viable” for me due to missing many midweek and Sunday games.

Maybe I am oversensitive, but how do I feel now given the seeming disregard for supporters views from Doncaster and clubs…………taken for a mug is how I feel.

Beefster
25-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Did they listen ?, if they happened to pick up any newspaper or switch on the tv/radio they would know the feeling of the fans.

Well I'll say baws tae that and rubbish your opinion the way you seem tae have rubbished everybody else's that you dinnae agree with. If I was bothered about how bad the team was playing I would have stopped going half way through last season. I Wouldnae have bothered paying at the gate for every game in the 1st half of this season and I certainly wouldnae have then forked out another £235 on a half season ticket for the rest of it when I already knew how dire we were. I can assure you I will be at nae SPL games whether the team are playing good, bad or indifferently if this pishy 10 team league goes ahead.

What alternative are you advocating? Does it remove the need to play any team four times a season or continue to have a split? How is any shortfall in the gate and TV money made up?

BEEJ
25-02-2011, 06:29 PM
What alternative are you advocating? Does it remove the need to play any team four times a season or continue to have a split? How is any shortfall in the gate and TV money made up?
I'd like to hear the convincing argument that states that the 14 team set-up is not a viable alternative.

Given the peculiar distribution of finance within Scottish football, skewed as it is towards the OF, the financial realities currently rule out the 16 team and 18 team options.

So the alternatives are either:

the utter tedium of playing nine sides four times in a league season, with all the attendant addiction to spending money on 'experienced journeymen pros' to ensure survival; or
a league split, however globally embarrassing that might be.

The split gets my vote every time. It's an essential evil made necessary by having to share a bed with the OF twins.

The 14 team option offers more in the way of variety than at present to your average SPL supporter. (Even football players mock the existing SPL system due to the fact they're playing the same teams time and time again.)

So. Leaving aside the split (which we have already) why is the 14 team proposal so much less attractive and apparently less financially viable?

(I trust that this decision is not going to be entirely based on certain TV companies' dubious market research on their viewing figures.)

down-the-slope
25-02-2011, 08:38 PM

:grr::grr: so much for equality...Blo*dy sexist if you ask me

SneakersO'Toole
25-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I certainly don't agree with the 10 team set-up. In fact I think its short-sighted and plain wrong.

But walk away from Hibs? Can't do it. Tried it before and failed.

I've been angered and hurt by a lot of things Hibs this season but I'll stand by them regardless.

Unless we're talking utter deciet, you don't walk out on something you love regardless of your annoyance.

Some people would say I have my head in the sand. I would say I'm doing what I can to make this club better. I'll voice my dis-pleasure when I have to, but wash my hands of the club? Never. I want what is best for this club because I know that I personally and thousands others will benefit if thats the case.

People think but not returning they are making a stand for fans rights. All they are doing is damaging the club they profess to love.

Pete
25-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't get this whole thing about people being that hacked off with league set-ups that they won't renew their season tickets. The league has undergone several changes of a similar magnitude over the last three decades and nobody has really given it a reaction like this.

I couldn't really care about the league set up. It's not one of the factors I consider when thinking about attending a game and it certainly doesn't enter my head when I'm watching the match.

No doubt some guys feel strongly but not renewing isn't the right way to go about it. There has to be other, more effective directions that you can go down. Why don't you get together and do something positive rather than cut your nose off to spite your face?

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't get this whole thing about people being that hacked off with league set-ups that they won't renew their season tickets. The league has undergone several changes of a similar magnitude over the last three decades and nobody has really given it a reaction like this.

I couldn't really care about the league set up. It's not one of the factors I consider when thinking about attending a game and it certainly doesn't enter my head when I'm watching the match.

No doubt some guys feel strongly but not renewing isn't the right way to go about it. There has to be other, more effective directions that you can go down. Why don't you get together and do something positive rather than cut your nose off to spite your face?

Its the constant rule changes to make the bigots stronger, and the rest weaker thats caused for me the apathy i have. Eventually the straw will break the camels back, maybe not this time but its adding more straw. I'm personally fed up with the 4 games against every team, i'm not on my own i'd imagine.

This 10 team league has nothing to do with making the game in Scotland stronger, or if it is i have missed it?

sleeping giant
25-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Payment plan with free top up sounds fantastic:flag:
I'll most likely be renewing and dragging the boy along for company:greengrin

jakki
25-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I've not read all the threads on this posting but I am horrified that a 12 yo has to pay the same price as an 18 yo student for a ST. An 12 yo to my understanding cannot have a wee paper job by law but an 18 yo can work in a bar even for the minimum wage which more than surpasses the income of an under 16 yo teenager.

This is totally wrong!

I also bring up the case of women OAPs.I don't think there's many of us at ER under 65 but although our OAP is the same as men's at 65(most of us were bring up families and didn't have the chance to enhance our pensions) and most men probably they have a top up works pension,we have to wait until 65 to be classed as OAPers

Pete
25-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Its the constant rule changes to make the bigots stronger, and the rest weaker thats caused for me the apathy i have. Eventually the straw will break the camels back, maybe not this time but its adding more straw. I'm personally fed up with the 4 games against every team, i'm not on my own i'd imagine.

This 10 team league has nothing to do with making the game in Scotland stronger, or if it is i have missed it?

How long have we been playing each other 4 times a season? Nobody was complaining about league structure when we were in the top half of the table and getting to semis regularly.

I fail to see how not renewing or boycotting is an effective way of voicing your concerns. It doesn't address the issues you have. At least go to the games and organise a protests if you feel that strongly about it. There might even be a Hibs match that you could take in while you are there.:greengrin

Removed
25-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I've not read all the threads on this posting but I am horrified that a 12 yo has to pay the same price as an 18 yo student for a ST. An 12 yo to my understanding cannot have a wee paper job by law but an 18 yo can work in a bar even for the minimum wage which more than surpasses the income of an under 16 yo teenager.

This is totally wrong!

I also bring up the case of women OAPs.I don't think there's many of us at ER under 65 but although our OAP is the same as men's at 65(most of us were bring up families and didn't have the chance to enhance our pensions) and most men probably they have a top up works pension,we have to wait until 65 to be classed as OAPers

Agree 100% Jakki about the kids :agree:

The pension one is not so straight forward as the HMRC are gradually increasing the female pension age from 60 to 65 and then both male and female will be 66. I think that the pricing for seniors should reflect the age that the state deem a person able to claim the pension. For the number of women at ER in the 60+ bracket it would be easier to just say 60 for women and 65 for men :agree: then increase it in line with legislation.

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2011, 07:04 AM
How long have we been playing each other 4 times a season? Nobody was complaining about league structure when we were in the top half of the table and getting to semis regularly.

I fail to see how not renewing or boycotting is an effective way of voicing your concerns. It doesn't address the issues you have. At least go to the games and organise a protests if you feel that strongly about it. There might even be a Hibs match that you could take in while you are there.:greengrin

Thats a bit of selective memory you have there Peter. As far as i remember folk have been complaining about the 4 games a season for years. And remember it could be more.

I will renew next season, although will i go to every home game probably not?

I'm bored with whats on offer in Scotland, i'm not the only one. Its only natural when people are bored they stop going. Ignore that at your peril.

bobo_currie
26-02-2011, 11:18 AM
prices at 2010 my arse.
as a st from the old east stand
i paid £380 last season
and this season they want me to stump up
£405 now i wouldn't say thats the same price!!!

Hibs_SW
26-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I paid 380 last season and paying 380 again!

Gatecrasher
26-02-2011, 11:54 AM
prices at 2010 my arse.
i paid £380 last season

Hibs made it very clear last season that the £380 for the east stand was for people renewing in the east stand only then this year bringing the prices in line with the rest of the ground

hibee_girl
26-02-2011, 12:30 PM
prices at 2010 my arse.
i paid £380 last season

We got a £25 discount last season because we had to move stands while they built the new east. We should have paid £405.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2011, 08:34 PM
It never fails to amaze me the amount of negative comments that a Hibs good news story can generate! Free tickets,shirt offers,frozen season ticket prices,free cup top up, the club are clearly making a huge effort but as usual it's not good enough!

HibbyDave
26-02-2011, 09:07 PM

started that when the jumbos priced derby games at £33. This season i've missed more games at ER than ever before and amazingly i'm finding out that there is life away from football.
I hope everyone gets the pleasure from hibs that I've had over the years but for me it's now MY CHOICE to withhold my cash and choose the games i want to attend. If it changes to a ten team league then i'm likely to attend less than half of the matches home or away.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Total cost of my tickets £500 -divide by 11 = £45.454545454545.

First payment of £45.45 as deposit followed by a further 10 payments of £45.45 = £499.95 = 5p short! Petrie will never allow it :greengrin

Told you he wouldn't allow it! :greengrin What a carry on at the ticket office yesterday when the girl realised the figures didn't add up and had to add pennies onto my payment form and get me to initial the changes!! Explained that I had added the monthly cost of my Family ticket and the monthly cost of the laddies future ticket as stated on the price list to get the total monthly cost of £45.45.

brydekirk
01-03-2011, 07:58 AM
:top marks
I certainly don't agree with the 10 team set-up. In fact I think its short-sighted and plain wrong.

But walk away from Hibs? Can't do it. Tried it before and failed.

I've been angered and hurt by a lot of things Hibs this season but I'll stand by them regardless.

Unless we're talking utter deciet, you don't walk out on something you love regardless of your annoyance.

Some people would say I have my head in the sand. I would say I'm doing what I can to make this club better. I'll voice my dis-pleasure when I have to, but wash my hands of the club? Never. I want what is best for this club because I know that I personally and thousands others will benefit if thats the case.

People think but not returning they are making a stand for fans rights. All they are doing is damaging the club they profess to love.

franks
01-03-2011, 08:18 AM
I bought my three year ticket to support the club and give it some funds, but I feel we are being penalised as we got no benefits from it whereas people who renew this season will get the cup top up PLUS £10 off the new home top.

As Calimero said "Its an injustice it is"

As I said earlier on this thread last year I bought a 3 year ST plus 3 year top up. I have contacted Judith Ireland at the ticket office who has informed me I will receive a £55 refund by the end off the week.

To those who purchased a 3 year ST last year you should receive a free cup top up for next season. If you have any doubt contact jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk

happiehibbie
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Just bought my new season tickets same price and a free cup top up due to me having bought a cup top up last year.

Speedy
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM

This is totally wrong!

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to charge men and women different prices for the same product simply because they are men or women. Therefore, what you are talking about is dodgy territory.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Just bought my new season tickets same price and a free cup top up due to me having bought a cup top up last year.

You get a free cup top regardless of whether you bought one last season if you renew early enough.

happiehibbie
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
You get a free cup top regardless of whether you bought one last season if you renew early enough.

yes your right