PDA

View Full Version : Hogg's Return

Hibee1
24-02-2011, 09:11 AM
No doubt Chris Hogg will be in the Inverness squad travelling to Easter Road this saturday and I feel he should get a good welcome from us Hibees.
Whilst he's had his bad times with the club, he's always been fully committed to Hibs.
If there's something to remember him for, it's his time partnering Rob Jones at CB. He's part of the CIS Cup winning team, and has given his all for the club since 2005.
In my eyes he's still a Hibs fan who has fallen on hard times. I'll be there to say thanks*, will you?
*Unless of course he scores or something :idiot:

matty_f
24-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I hope he gets a better time from the hibs fans as an inverness player than he did as a hibs player.

There is absolutely no reason for him to get grief from the hibs fans on saturday.

Dunbar Hibee
24-02-2011, 09:16 AM
I think he will get a good reception. As Matty said, there is no reason for him not to.

Ell_Chrisso
24-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Never one to be judged on effort, always totally commited. Just lacks a little bit of class & pace. Wish him all the best for his future, and will give him a good reception when he returns.

flash
24-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Never one to be judged on effort, always totally commited. Just lacks a little bit of class & pace. Wish him all the best for his future, and will give him a good reception when he returns.

Must be 2 Chris Hoggs then as the one i watched earlier this season certainly wasn't trying a leg.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 09:35 AM
No reason why he shouldn't get a good reception. I would be surprised if anybody thought he deserved extra abuse from us.
Hope he has a stinker of a game though.:greengrin

Golden Bear
24-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I hope he gets a better time from the hibs fans as an inverness player than he did as a hibs player.

There is absolutely no reason for him to get grief from the hibs fans on saturday.

:agree:

He's a professional in every sense of the word and professionalism is becoming a bit of a rarity amongst today's pampered and overpaid players.

Famous Fiver
24-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Flash

Talk me through his two goals against Kilmarnock.

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Must be 2 Chris Hoggs then as the one i watched earlier this season certainly wasn't trying a leg.

You must have been watching the other one then because the Chris Hogg who played for Hibs never lacked effort or commitment in a Hibs shirt.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't wish Chris Hogg any harm and I hope he goes on to have a good career. Although things had turned a bit sour by the end, I will always remember the cup winning squad of 2007 very fondly and Hogg played his part in that.

I just personally won't cheer or applaud a player who has come back to Easter Road and whose job it is to make sure we lose. I hope Hogg has the worst game of his life on Saturday, along with the rest of his team-mates.

Once he has left Scottish football and/or retired, he would be very welcome to come back and get the reception that a cup winning player with Hibs deserves during half time or to do a prize draw etc.

smurf
24-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Cheer from me.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I will applaud him onto the pitch, then hope we see a typical Hogg performance. If so that should ensure we get a few decent chances during the 90 minutes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Hopefully, depending on the result at the time, Butcher can hook him with 30 seconds or so to go, so that he can't get a decent round of applause. If we had known that his last game in the Hibs jersey was literally going to be his last game for the club, I think he would have got that.

flash
24-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Hopefully, depending on the result at the time, Butcher can hook him with 30 seconds or so to go, so that he can't get a decent round of applause. If we had known that his last game in the Hibs jersey was literally going to be his last game for the club, I think he would have got that.

Aye let's hope he gets the winner too.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 12:13 PM

Ooooooooooooooooooo. Get you.

hibsbollah
24-02-2011, 12:15 PM

You're talking through your hole. Or total Hoggwash if you prefer:greengrin

Hibs Class
24-02-2011, 12:16 PM
You must have been watching the other one then because the Chris Hogg who played for Hibs never lacked effort or commitment in a Hibs shirt.

Hiber-nation
24-02-2011, 12:43 PM
All this model pro stuff is baws. He might have been a model pro off the pitch but in his last few games he wasn't giving a monkey's.

1two
24-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Shut up ya slavering radge

Frogga
24-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Hoggy Hoggy Hoggy! Oy oy oy!!

Totally agree with the above posts, his technical flaws as a footballer shouldn't be mistaken for a lack of effort. Hope he gifts us a goal like but I'll be cheering him all the way.

flash
24-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Shut up ya slavering radge

Why? Unlike so many on here my eyes ain't painted on. He was murder for at least the last 2 years of his Hibs career and when he started trying to chip the ball over a strikers head rather than clear it that might just have been a tiny wee hint that he was taking the piss.

ArabHibee
24-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Why? Unlike so many on here my eyes ain't painted on. He was murder for at least the last 2 years of his Hibs career and when he started trying to chip the ball over a strikers head rather than clear it that might just have been a tiny wee hint that he was taking the piss.
You're the one taking the piss, methinks.

bawheid
24-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Can see where Flash is coming from - Hogg was mince for a good long while before he left.

He's a cup winner for Hibs though, and there's not many of those. He'll get a good reception from me.

Dinkydoo
24-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I think he did always try his best when at Hibs - it's just that his best really wasn't very good, that married with the fact that he set the bar perhaps a little too high by performing brilliantly in the 07/08 season meant that we, the fans were always going to feel disappointed when he put in a murder performance.

Saying that I hope we rip him a new one on Saturday! :flag:

JimBHibees
24-02-2011, 01:28 PM
A polite round of applause from me and then the hope that he delivers the sort of performance from him we came to expect when he was here.

heretoday
24-02-2011, 01:36 PM
He got a medal with Hibs. Well done.

He plays for someone else now though so he can get knotted.

Bristolhibby
24-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Last game I saw him play in the flesh was the Bowing Day game against Aberdeen.

He was shocking that day.

Just not good enough. He was good with Rob Jones next to him. But as a Captain and commanding leader/centre half.

No.

J

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2011, 02:03 PM

Agree with that Matty, but there are plenty bad ones; bloody-mindedness, spite, playing to the gallery, working off personal neurosis, a general lack of grace etc etc and I'm sure we'll see some, not only at the game when CH appears, but on this very thread!

flash
24-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Agree with that Matty, but there are plenty bad ones; bloody-mindedness, spite, playing to the gallery, working off personal neurosis, a general lack of grace etc etc and I'm sure we'll see some, not only at the game when CH appears, but on this very thread!

I resemble that remark.

basehibby
24-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Hogg never really hit the heights for us after Rob Jones left and certainly had a few nightmares, but that doesn't mean he lacked for effort and commitment.
That is to say: you are slavering pish (IMO of course)

When I get the chance on Sat (ie at the end or if he gets subbed) then Hogg will get a special wee round of applause from me to recognise his efforts over the years. But like the Murphys, I'm not bitter.

iwasthere1972
24-02-2011, 02:39 PM
By no means the best player ever at Easter Road but certainly not the worst. Hoggy always came across as being the total professional and for that and for making my day at Hampden in 2007 a special one he will get my applause or a wee cheer. Unless of course he scores. :wink:

Hainan Hibs
24-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't give him grief but some posters have to calm down a bit, the guy was horrendous for the last period of his time with us.

Cal 7-0
24-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Chris Hogg Legend:devil:

Hibercelona
24-02-2011, 04:58 PM

Aye there is.

The more pressure we put on him, the more **** ups he'll make. :wink: :devil:

Judas Iscariot
24-02-2011, 05:16 PM
You're the one taking the piss, methinks.

He's the only one NOT talking piss :agree:

KWJ
24-02-2011, 05:42 PM
How many of our Ibrox wins did he play in?

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 05:49 PM
How many of our Ibrox wins did he play in?

Three out of four.

He didn't play in our last win there earlier this season.

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope he plays a blinder on Saturday, his defensive partner can make all the mistakes :greengrin

.Sean.
24-02-2011, 07:45 PM
He'll receive a warm round of applause from myself.

I'll be stunned if some ringpiece boos him.

ArabHibee
24-02-2011, 08:12 PM
He'll receive a warm round of applause from myself.

I'll be stunned if some ringpiece boos him.

Get ready to be stunned then Sean.
Nothing surprises me anymore about the fickle Hibs fan.

EasterRoad4Ever
24-02-2011, 08:16 PM

blairwallace
24-02-2011, 08:36 PM
i'll give happily welcome him back. if he scores and kisses the badge though...:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Sammy7nil
24-02-2011, 09:11 PM
By no means the best player ever at Easter Road but certainly not the worst. Hoggy always came across as being the total professional and for that and for making my day at Hampden in 2007 a special one he will get my applause or a wee cheer. Unless of course he scores. :wink:

:agree::agree::agree:

flash
24-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Get ready to be stunned then Sean.
Nothing surprises me anymore about the fickle Hibs fan.

I ain't fickle- i was booing him while he was still here!

.Sean.
24-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I ain't fickle- i was booing him while he was still here!You're making a complete and utter idiot of yourself on this thread.

Gie it a rest eh.

flash
24-02-2011, 10:00 PM
You're making a complete and utter idiot of yourself on this thread.

Gie it a rest eh.

Last time i checked we still had the freedom of speech so nah yer alright.

hfc rd
24-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I wish Chris Hogg all the best in his career but I hope he plays poorly against us. I am going to give Chris a good reception as he was fully commited to the club and rose above all of the critics he got from his time with us. Obviously it was time for him to move on after a couple of poor peformances but he did not say anything bad about Hibs and always respected the club despite the criticism and it is a much needed fresh start for him at a new club as that is what he badly needed. I will be very dissapointed if people decide to boo him just to make a scene of themselves as he does not deserve it.

500miles
24-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Obviously at all times I would prefer a Hibs win. But if we were to lose out and Hogg were to play well, he'd be perfectly entitled to lord it over the home fans. And I'd take quite a bit of solace in seeing it to be honest.

Allant1981
25-02-2011, 07:58 AM
I ain't fickle- i was booing him while he was still here!

Chris hogg is no where near as bad as you make out, yip he is no maldini but lets face it is isnt any worse than whats still at the club and isnt any worse than some of the centre halfs we have seen in recent years.

Famous Fiver
25-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Flash

While you still have got the freedom of speech, for the second time.....

You can have as much freedom of speech as you want.

Oh, and at the same time show Hoggy YOUR medals, He has got one more than you in a Hibs shirt, methinks.

Then slag him.

If you want to have a go at someone, why not pick on one of our neighbours at the PBS?

flash
25-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Flash

While you still have got the freedom of speech, for the second time.....

You can have as much freedom of speech as you want.

Oh, and at the same time show Hoggy YOUR medals, He has got one more than you in a Hibs shirt, methinks.

Then slag him.

If you want to have a go at someone, why not pick on one of our neighbours at the PBS?

If you remember that game he was culpable in their goal and generally had a nightmare at the back- which was his job after all.

As for your second point this thread is about Chris Hogg not Hertz.

flash
25-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Chris hogg is no where near as bad as you make out, yip he is no maldini but lets face it is isnt any worse than whats still at the club and isnt any worse than some of the centre halfs we have seen in recent years.

He is worse than what we still have that's why we don't have him anymore. The booing comment was clearly a joke incidentally.

truehibernian
25-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I will however be fully expecting CC to have both Riordan and Sodje playing just on Chris' shoulder and the midfield to pop balls over the top to run onto.......Chris' pace is woefully short and I think this could be a vital area to exploit tomorrow for ourselves. Closing him down when he gets possession at the back is also something our top two must do, as his timing of his distribution was one of my bug bears when he was at Hibs. He took an age to clear/pass the ball at times.

Good guy, good servant, poor footballer......not worthy of boos however. I would actually go with the "oooooooooooohhhhhhh" whenever he gets the ball, much like the opposition fans would do with the likes of Maka.........wish him all the best for his career but I for one am glad he is no longer at ER to be brutally honest.

JimBHibees
25-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Of course he is he would be still here otherwise. Personally think polite applause is fair enough however lets not kid ourselves that it is the return of a former great as for me he hasnt kicked a ball for the club in 2 years, is one of the poorest defenders I have see play for Hibs and certainly the most ineffectual captain ever IMO.

Famous Fiver
25-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Flash

my second point was for you to show him YOUR medals. You conveniently airbrushed that out of your answer.

the remark about the Hertz was my third point.

seems like you are a bit of a know it all. Perhaps we can look forward to your appearance in the dug out on Saturday.

bawheid
25-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Flash

my second point was for you to show him YOUR medals. You conveniently airbrushed that out of your answer.

seems like you are a bit of a know it all. Perhaps we can look forward to your appearance in the dug out on Saturday.

Surely we're allowed to pass comment on a player or manager's ability even if we haven't played the game or won medals ourselves?

I'd just like to add to this thread that Hearts legend Gary Mackay didnt win any medals. None. Not one. Nada. Zilch. Big fat zero. Etc.

flash
25-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Flash

That's me telt.

Famous Fiver
25-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Flash

I don't like digging people up. I just felt you were not giving the guy any credit for anything he had done in a Hibs jersey.

I agree with you his time was up. Maybe you were just a bit more strident in your views and it is your right.

flash
25-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Flash

I don't like digging people up. I just felt you were not giving the guy any credit for anything he had done in a Hibs jersey.

I agree with you his time was up. Maybe you were just a bit more strident in your views and it is your right.

No worries. It's all just opinion.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Of course he is he would be still here otherwise. Personally think polite applause is fair enough however lets not kid ourselves that it is the return of a former great as for me he hasnt kicked a ball for the club in 2 years, is one of the poorest defenders I have see play for Hibs and certainly the most ineffectual captain ever IMO.

:top marks:agree:

Judas Iscariot
25-02-2011, 06:13 PM

Jones & Sol hid his multitude of sins..

500miles
25-02-2011, 06:23 PM

Sorry, have to pull this one up.
For a while at ER, Jones was not playing well, and Hogg was often left clearing up some fair old sclaffs and stramashes.

On top of that, it is no coincidence that Hanlon seems to have come on to a game in the absence of Bamba. Athletic and capable as he was, he was unpredictable, and therefore, more than likely a nightmare to play next to sometimes. Made himself look good while leaving others exposed.

Hogg is no EPL material, but he's one of the better centre halfs that we've had in the last 10 or so years.

Allant1981
25-02-2011, 10:28 PM

Guess its all about opinions, for me he isnt any worse or better than dickoh who is playing every week. Both average players

Allant1981
25-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Jones let his fellow defenders and keeper down countless times with his poor positioning

billbee
26-02-2011, 06:33 AM
I expected more from Hoggy - but he seemed pretty down near the end of his playing time with the Hibs - but hey good luck Hoggy, thanks for the momories, and thier were some! Mon The Hibs!

Jim44
26-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Both Butcher and Calderwood are quoted as saying thast Hogg doesn't have a point to prove................... rubbish. Hogg has one big point to prove and I fully expect him to come out with all guns blazing to prove that 'non-existant point'.

Judas Iscariot
26-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Both Butcher and Calderwood are quoted as saying thast Hogg doesn't have a point to prove................... rubbish. Hogg has one big point to prove and I fully expect him to come out with all guns blazing to prove that 'non-existant point'.

Good, in Hogg terms that means "Be caught out of position several times, dive in and give away a needless pen, no able to pass the length of himself and be outmuscled by the smallest player on the park!"

Barry stuff :aok:

Dibben
26-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Any player who leaves a club for free and move to a smaller club will always have a point to prove!!!

LaMotta
26-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Jones let his fellow defenders and keeper down countless times with his poor positioning

Nonsense, a myth started on this messageboard.

Gala Foxes
26-02-2011, 11:22 AM
agree - always did his best, could never be accused of not giving 100% unlike some others

sadly I expect the humourless loud muppet behind me in west lower will be giving him pelters as per normal

hibiedude
26-02-2011, 12:10 PM
As long as Hogg is on the losing side that will be me

I Never rated him at Hibs but as most have said you can't fault him for his commitment when he was at our club.

iwasthere1972
26-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Nothing against Hoggy but I hope he has a nightmare game however I wouldn't be surprised if he scores against us.

Allant1981
26-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Nonsense, a myth started on this messageboard.

Did u actually ever see him play?

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Jones and Hogg were both limited but complimented each other well. Jones was slow, liked to defend deep, but he was strong and dominant and he shouted and organised. Hogg was also quite slow but because Jones liked to defend deep, wasn't left exposed so much. He read a game well, and played the sweeper role excellently, given confidence by the big man alongside him. Could mop up Jones's mistakes.

Neither player has shone without the other, a definately 2 plus 2 equals 5.

FromTheCapital
26-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Must admit, He had a pretty solid performance today.

Well done, Hoggy !

Judas Iscariot
26-02-2011, 06:40 PM

Well done, Hoggy !

Yip, best game for Hibs in a while..

Shanked the ball right out of play instead of finding the target with his 10 yard pas for the throw leading up to Booth's goal then was it him who deflected Stevenson's shot?

Just had to look at both our centre halfs today to see we're WELL shot of him..

Well done CC :top marks

Billy Whizz
26-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Well done, Hoggy !

Thought he did ok, but his loose ball gave away the throw in for Booth's goal.

Expecting Rain
26-02-2011, 09:56 PM

Shanked the ball right out of play instead of finding the target with his 10 yard pas for the throw leading up to Booth's goal then was it him who deflected Stevenson's shot?

:agree::greengrin

hfc rd
27-02-2011, 12:48 AM

Russ
27-02-2011, 01:57 AM

Hoggy at his best, giving away goals at ER:wink:....an ER legend nonetheless good luck Hoggy and may your defensive blunders continue at our beloved ER.

LaMotta
27-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Did u actually ever see him play?

Did I "actually" ever see Jones play? Hmmmm. I wonder. Let me think. Did I? ermmmm what did he look like again? Was he the 6 ft 7 bald guy? If it was then I might actually have seen him play at some point in my life. But if thats not him then maybe i didn't see him play?

I tell you what that is a great question though.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Did I "actually" ever see Jones play? Hmmmm. I wonder. Let me think. Did I? ermmmm what did he look like again? Was he the 6 ft 7 bald guy? If it was then I might actually have seen him play at some point in my life. But if thats not him then maybe i didn't see him play?

I tell you what that is a great question though.

I'm sure he also captained us to League cup victory no?