Wait until the fans are back FFS! :grr:

H18sry
20-02-2011, 04:44 PM

why?

lucky
20-02-2011, 05:03 PM

What stupid post. I am a fan and I'm sure you are too but since when did anyone have to wait till fellow Hibs supporters get home before posting? How do we know when its ok to post? you have acted like a dick here probably the most ridiculous post on here for a while and that's saying something

marinello59
20-02-2011, 05:03 PM
What stupid post. I am a fan and I'm sure you are too but since when did anyone have to wait till fellow Hibs supporters get home before posting? How do we know when its ok to post? you have acted like a dick here probably the most ridiculous post on here for a while and that's saying something

Calm down. He was joking. I think .:greengrin

Removed
20-02-2011, 05:08 PM

I'm back and I disagree with a few of luckys ratings. Palsson did more than he gave him credit for. Wotherspoon had a poor game, particularly first half, Riordan was unlucky :rolleyes: try gash and then gives stupid comments for Nish and Rankin.

lucky
20-02-2011, 05:08 PM

I am. But don't see how is post could be interpreted as joking unless you took as so as it was so stupid that it had to be :dummytit:

--------
20-02-2011, 05:10 PM

It's just occurred to me that we've now won three in a row with only one goal conceded - a penalty that should never have been given since the red card issued at the time has been rescinded - and while the game today may have been neither the most stylish nor the most fluid of football matches, we won in a place we haven't won for over ten years.

I'm happy, and delighted to see that CC doesn't share some of the prejudices against certain players displayed by some people on this forum.

Well done CC, and well done the team. ALL of them.

CropleyWasGod
20-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I am. But don't see how is post could be interpreted as joking unless you took as so as it was so stupid that it had to be :dummytit:

I thought he was joking too.

But then I also thought your sentence above didn't make any sense :greengrin

Hibbyradge
20-02-2011, 05:23 PM

He was joking. It's a dotnet joke. He and others have said it after every away game for months.

How could you think he was actually being serious? That's the question. :agree:

Hibbyradge
20-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm back and I disagree with a few of luckys ratings. Palsson did more than he gave him credit for. Wotherspoon had a poor game, particularly first half, Riordan was unlucky :rolleyes: try gash and then gives stupid comments for Nish and Rankin.

I thought Wotherspoon was good.

I agree about Deek though. Another poor outing and I think Calderwood's patience with him is wearing thin. I didn't know he was playing until the second half.

And yes, the why comments were stupid.

FRes Hibbie
20-02-2011, 05:28 PM

This made me laugh.

Wotherspiniesta
20-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Stack 7 One great take. Never had much to do.

Towell 7 Great pace and was a good outlet.
Dickoh 8 MOM for me. Kept Higdon quiet and won the game with towering header.
Hanlon 8 Captains performance. Took a bad knock but was solid in defence.
Booth 7 Comfortable on the ball, put in good crosses. Next David Murphy.

Wotherspoon 5 Great ball in for Scott. Quiet second half.
Scott 6 Good energy, unlucky with his header.
Palsson 7 Great player. Will probably get booked most weeks.
Miller 4 Poor today. Slow in possesion and couldn't find a Hibs player all game.
Riordan 4 Rubbish again today.

Sodje 6 Held it up on occasions and won a couple of free kicks. Decent.

Stevenson 5 Not bad.
Nish 3
Rankin No time.

Beefster
20-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Stack 6 had very little to do, one fumble in the first half

Towell 6 worked hard but final ball poor at times
Dickho 7 steady enough, scored winner
Hanlon 6 decent won most of the headers he went for
Booth 6 great going forward again his final could be better

Palsson 5 hardly touched the ball
Scott 6 worked hard two efforts at goal
Miller 5 a bit lightweight again
Wotherspoon 7 MOM for me worked very hard

Deeks 6 tried but no luck
Sodje 5 found it hard going today

subs.
Stevenson 4 did ok
Nish why
Rankin why x2

Calderwwod 6 good away win

Harsh on Palsson, Miller and Scott. Overgenerous for Riordan.

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 05:31 PM

Easy now, only a joke. It seems the 'wait until the fans get back' thread from last year is not as well-remembered as I thought.

cad
20-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I thought everyone was very average today we ground out a result
Hanlon got dragged all over the place he had a tough game but in the end put up a good show so well done to him
Sodje didn't win much which keeps Deek with his thumb up his ass .
Ball being allowed to bounce so many times from goal kicks no second ball challenges standing off again throw ins absolutely shocking , just clearing the lines and humping it anywhere which put us back under preasure again
Nish on for 5 secs and commits a foul,
Miller powder puff again kept at it t
Wotherspoon needs to get a bit of steel into his game
Stack looked the part easy shift .
Palsson Scott Ditcoh and Booth were the better players IMO ,plus we got a bit of luck today could have went either way
Terrible match , but 3 valuable points

Golden Bear
20-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Easy now, only a joke. It seems the 'wait until the fans get back' thread from last year is not as well-remembered as I thought.

I'll second that.

ronaldo7
20-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Aye, but that was Hamilton though:na na:

since90plustwo
20-02-2011, 06:05 PM
from what i heard miller was okay, and went in for a few good tackles. he is a powderpuff player, we need to accept it, not everyone is like urray who will go in for every challenge 100%

Bayern Bru
20-02-2011, 06:14 PM
from what i heard miller was okay, and went in for a few good tackles. he is a powderpuff player, we need to accept it, not everyone is like urray who will go in for every challenge 100%

Unfortunately Miller rarely puts in more than 50% for challenges. I don't know whether he's scared of injuring himself or just doesn't care but it's very frustrating.

The point about him not giving a toss was perhaps summed up today when the Hibs fans were singing "there's only one Liam Miller" as he was being subbed. Not so much as a glance, wave, or appreciative clap to us. Every other player managed it, however.

Sergey
20-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I thought everyone was very average today we ground out a result <snip>

That's the crux of the matter.

We were woeful but played a team that were simply more inept than we were.

That really was a turgid affair, and if anyone wants to think that the corner has been turned, then they're suffering from some sort of delusional disorder.

That performance today was as poor as any under Mixu or Hughes.

Just my opinion. No doubt I'll be in a minority.

Billychaotic182
20-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Stack - 5 done little in the came. A few scary moments
Towell - 7 showed a real hunger to go forward defended well also. Seems to be our only player who knows how to take a good throw in.
Dickho - 7 Scored winner and helped keep a clean sheet
Hanlon - 7 worked hard. Good game of the stand in skipper
Booth - 5 never did much but never did anything wrong either

Palsson - 5 didn't look like the same player that was a stand out in the last two games. Passing was poor
Scott - 8 worked hard and ran for every ball. Best game in a hibs top for him so far, was a real stand out today. MOM
Miller - 4 was our weak link today. nothing came of for him. Cant see him being in the staring 11 this weekend
Wotherspoon - 6 worked hard

Deeks -6 I think he is better on the left than up front
Sodje - 5 Worked hard but like deek nothing came of for him today. Did make me laugh for ages after he took the ball to the balls

subs.
Stevenson - 4 did better than miller but his tackle was a bad one
Nish - 3 1st touch was a foul. Says it all really.
Rankin - 0 dont think he touched th ball so cant really give him a rating

greenlex
20-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I thought everyone was very average today we ground out a result
Hanlon got dragged all over the place he had a tough game but in the end put up a good show so well done to him
Sodje didn't win much which keeps Deek with his thumb up his ass .
Ball being allowed to bounce so many times from goal kicks no second ball challenges standing off again throw ins absolutely shocking , just clearing the lines and humping it anywhere which put us back under preasure again
Nish on for 5 secs and commits a foul,
Miller powder puff again kept at it t
Wotherspoon needs to get a bit of steel into his game
Stack looked the part easy shift .
Palsson Scott Ditcoh and Booth were the better players IMO ,plus we got a bit of luck today could have went either way
Terrible match , but 3 valuable points

It certainly wasnt pretty but what luck did we get?
I really am struggling to think of any to be honest. Could be argued we hit the woodwork twice that was unlucky.

Bishop Hibee
20-02-2011, 06:26 PM

That really was a turgid affair, and if anyone wants to think that the corner has been turned, then they're suffering from some sort of delusional disorder.

It wasn't pretty but the difference between Yogi's team and the current team is work rate, strength and a system that makes us hard to beat. Instead of over elaborating on the ball and mucking it up with the players we have, CC has obviously told them to play safety first hoofball when necessary. He brought in players to do the job the ones he inherited weren't capable of.

Given that a few weeks ago I thought we were stick-ons for a relegation dogfight to the end of the season, I'm delighted to be where we are now. Whether CC is the manager to take us on will be answered next season. For now, I'll be happy if we grind out results that aren't necessarily pleasing on the eye.

Sumner
20-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Stack 7
Towell 7
Dickoh 8 MOM.
Hanlon 7
Booth 7
Wotherspoon 5
Scott 6
Palsson 7
Miller 4
Riordan 6
Sodje 6

Stevenson 5
Nish 2
Rankin 1

euro Hibby
20-02-2011, 06:43 PM
as the stats say , 12 years without a win at St Mirren , I think we need to be happy with the 3 points. Sure it was not pretty , but I don-t think we will see good football from Hibs for some time now.

BEEJ
20-02-2011, 06:45 PM
It's a shame folks quoted your post before you had the chance to delete it.

:wink:

fife hfc
20-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Very poor game and poor footballing performance. But at the moment when we need to fight and scrap for every point to ensure we do not get relegated, then this is a great win and a good fighting performance to ensure we won.

Stack 7 one wobbly moment but solid otherwise
Towell 7 defended well and tried to attack but in defence with a clean sheet
Booth 7 inexperience showed on occasions but stuck to task and still gets forward
Dickoh 7 Coped well with Higdon and unlucky not to score earlier
Hanlon 8 Man of the Match. I thought he was excellent and handled being captain well.
Palsson 6 Broke up play and battled hard but quieter than previous weeks
Miller 4 for his talent he is so chicken hearted and I'd drop him for good
Scott 6 unlucky not to score and worked hard for the team
Wotherspoon 6 needs to get more involved but worked hard and played in some good balls
Sodjie 4 worked hard but contibuted little
Riordan 3 contributed nothing

BEEJ
20-02-2011, 06:58 PM
It's just occurred to me that we've now won three in a row with only one goal conceded - a penalty that should never have been given since the red card issued at the time has been rescinded - and while the game today may have been neither the most stylish nor the most fluid of football matches, we won in a place we haven't won for over ten years.

Well done CC, and well done the team. ALL of them.
:top marks Three vital points and a bad record in Paisley laid to rest.

(And I do believe you had us down for a 2-0 defeat. Oh ye of little faith! :tsk tsk:)

jackhfc
20-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Fat linesman on the left - 1
Team - pretty much everyone was 6
Fans - 12/12 as usual
Manager - 8

Cropley10
20-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Stack - 5 done little in the came. A few scary moments
Towell - 7 showed a real hunger to go forward defended well also. Seems to be our only player who knows how to take a good throw in.
Dickho - 7 Scored winner and helped keep a clean sheet
Hanlon - 7 worked hard. Good game of the stand in skipper
Booth - 5 never did much but never did anything wrong either

Palsson - 5 didn't look like the same player that was a stand out in the last two games. Passing was poor
Scott - 8 worked hard and ran for every ball. Best game in a hibs top for him so far, was a real stand out today. MOM
Miller - 4 was our weak link today. nothing came of for him. Cant see him being in the staring 11 this weekend
Wotherspoon - 6 worked hard

Deeks -6 I think he is better on the left than up front
Sodje - 5 Worked hard but like deek nothing came of for him today. Did make me laugh for ages after he took the ball to the balls

subs.
Stevenson - 4 did better than miller but his tackle was a bad one
Nish - 3 1st touch was a foul. Says it all really.
Rankin - 0 dont think he touched th ball so cant really give him a rating

So Booth and Palsson were worth less than Deeks?:confused:

Stack 7 - nothing much to do, but did it well

Towell 7 - pace, energy, tenacity, big throw, shame he's only on loan
Dickoh 7 - Well done son, a winning goal and a clean sheet
Hanlon 7 - still gives me the jitters sometimes, but improving
Booth 6 - comfy on the ball, good pace, learning to defend

Spoon 6 - he's got a few tricks but needs more end product. Still young.
Miller 5 - I'd give him a 10 for effort, but he couldn't find a team mate all game it seemed
Palsson 6 - not as effective as last week, but doesn't hide and has a touch of class, best passer in our team now.
Scott - 7 - like him, works hard and likes to get forward

Deek 4 - Ineffectual. Sorry but he's not a threat right now
Sodje 6.5 - not his day but showed again he has something about him

GreenPJ
20-02-2011, 07:15 PM

For now does it matter? 3 games ago we were fighting to get a point and were in a real situation of being relegated. Its not pretty but these 9 points (in my view) have removed that threat. Get the winning mentality back first and then work on the pretty football.

Baldy Foghorn
20-02-2011, 07:20 PM
For now does it matter? 3 games ago we were fighting to get a point and were in a real situation of being relegated. Its not pretty but these 9 points (in my view) have removed that threat. Get the winning mentality back first and then work on the pretty football.

Spot on, let's get the points on the board first and foremost:agree:

billbee
20-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Stack 7 One great take. Never had much to do.

Towell 7 Great pace and was a good outlet.
Dickoh 8 MOM for me. Kept Higdon quiet and won the game with towering header.
Hanlon 8 Captains performance. Took a bad knock but was solid in defence.
Booth 7 Comfortable on the ball, put in good crosses. Next David Murphy.

Wotherspoon 5 Great ball in for Scott. Quiet second half.
Scott 6 Good energy, unlucky with his header.
Palsson 7 Great player. Will probably get booked most weeks.
Miller 4 Poor today. Slow in possesion and couldn't find a Hibs player all game.
Riordan 4 Rubbish again today.

Sodje 6 Held it up on occasions and won a couple of free kicks. Decent.

Stevenson 5 Not bad.
Nish 3
Rankin No time.

Yeh! good ratings mate, not a great fan of Dickoh, but he and Hanlon were best MenOM for me, pretty boring game but 3 points Mon The Hibs!

--------
20-02-2011, 07:33 PM
:top marks Three vital points and a bad record in Paisley laid to rest.

(And I do believe you had us down for a 2-0 defeat. Oh ye of little faith! :tsk tsk:)

I always adopt a pessimistic view pre-match, BEEJ. It prepares me for the worst and most disastrous of eventualities, while rendering our recently infrequent triumphs all the sweeter for being unanticipated and previously discounted.

And in the three games of which we speak, we've lost NO goals in open play, and the one we did concede was a penalty goal which should NOT have been awarded.

GreenCastle
20-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Stack 6 - nothing major to do - flapped at one cross but kicks well and seems steady - happy to have a GK who does the basics.

Towell - 6 - steady game - needs to be more effective with throw ins.

Hanlon - 7 - MOM for me - great assist for goal - continues to improve

Dickoh - 7 - best Hibs game for a while - wasn't under too much pressure but cleared his lines when needed to and took his time when he had time. Had Hibs best 2 chances - scored 1 and keeper saved other in 2nd half.

Booth - 6 - like Towell - would like to see him get forward more - possibly even play left midfield and get another left back in during summer ?

Palsson - 6 - pretty quiet game - like last week - needs to demand and want the ball more - when he gets it usually looks a class above the rest - though helps the defence by protecting them.

Wotherspoon - 6.5 - like Scott was working to make things happen in a dire game - likes how he is trying to run at players and go forward - something he did when he first came into 1st team.

Miller - 5 - was getting the ball in pretty good areas - but either giving it away or making bad choices. Is soft in the tackle and lacks the fight the team has been giving the last few weeks.

Scott - 7 - was working hard to make things happen - really playing out of position on the left side of central midfield - hit the woodwork

Riordan - 6 - not much going his way recently - still looks slow - needs to get closer to Sodje and expect him to win the header (which he did a few times). Needs to stop throwing his hands up in air and moaning! :greengrin

Sodje - 6 - good 1st half winning headers and holding the ball up - 2nd half didn't do much - him and deeks need to play closer together to link up.

Subs -

Stevenson - 5 - not much time on but passed the ball well as normal - I would start him next week over Miller - play Scott in middle.

Nish - 4 - not much time on - didn't do much

Rankin 3 - same as Nish.

Dire game - big 3 points away from home and clean sheet :top marks

ICT will be another test :agree:

ancient hibee
20-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Big difference is the defence.In a 5 minute spell both Dickoh and Hanlon put the ball into row zz.A couple of months ago they would have been trying to find someone with a little dinky pass which would put us under pressure.The flow of goals against has been halted and that makes a big difference against the other bottom of the league teams.

Albion Hibs
20-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Stack - 7

Towell - 6
Dickoh - 7
Hanlon - 7
Booth - 6
Wotherspoon - 5
Miller - 6
Palsson - 6
Scott - 6

Deek - 5
Sodje - 6

Not a great game of football, in fact I think my eyes began bleading during the 2nd half. However, our record there has been pretty poor and the main thing is we took 3 points away with us, moving us further away from the bottom of the table, all in all well done to the above.

Jordan HFC
20-02-2011, 08:00 PM
only say the last 20 minutes on tv but got to say we look a completely different side! good to see all the team fighting for the full 90 minutes overall though great result

Edinburgh Green
20-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Dickoh, Stack and Scott I would give a 7 the rest, 6 or less. It was a very poor game but 3 points is 3 points.

BS44
20-02-2011, 08:27 PM

That performance was poor as the 5-0 gubbing from St Johnstone for instance?

Removed
20-02-2011, 08:36 PM

:agree: I said to Matty that it's not been great and seen way worse. I'd managed to wipe that night in Perth from my memory :bitchy:

Bayern Bru
20-02-2011, 08:38 PM

5-1. :wink:

Although I agree, it felt like 5-0. Actually, at the time it felt more like 10-0.

Removed
20-02-2011, 08:41 PM
5-1. :wink:

Although I agree, it felt like 5-0. Actually, at the time it felt more like 10-0.

It was that bad I forgot we scored. It was very late on though wasn't it? I know some on here sitting beside me left and claimed they saw it on the way out :greengrin

Bayern Bru
20-02-2011, 08:46 PM
It was that bad I forgot we scored. It was very late on though wasn't it? I know some on here sitting beside me left and claimed they saw it on the way out :greengrin

Some boy called Stokes(?) scored, IIRC. :wink: I think there was about 10-15 mins left but it felt like a sodding eternity! :greengrin

Sergey
20-02-2011, 08:54 PM

If you can pluck a positive from today....crack-on.

There was no positive, it was dire. Be honest!

You honestly want to watch that?

Removed
20-02-2011, 08:56 PM

3 points. 3 wins on the trot. Another clean sheet. Confidence.

I've seen way worse games than that today.

_hucks_
20-02-2011, 09:00 PM

The main positive today was a back four who dealt with everything that came their way. Also, we seem to be getting more men into the box for crosses than we have done recently, and from that Scott managed to hit the bar twice.

Not the best game, granted, and the football certainly wasn't pretty, but I think it's very OTT to say there were no positives from the game!

matty_f
20-02-2011, 09:02 PM

I haven't seen the first half because I was working, but I had the radio on driving home and they were saying it was an entertaining, if not particularly good, game of football.

Second half I saw, and I thought we struggled to get any sort of fluency to our game. That said, we were the better team. We look much more organised and we eventually got the breakthrough we deserved.

Removed
20-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I haven't seen the first half because I was working, but I had the radio on driving home and they were saying it was an entertaining, if not particularly good, game of football.

Second half I saw, and I thought we struggled to get any sort of fluency to our game. That said, we were the better team. We look much more organised and we eventually got the breakthrough we deserved.

That's at least one positive isn't it :dunno:

:greengrin

GreenCastle
20-02-2011, 09:05 PM

:agree:

St Johnstone at home before Christmas - 0v0 at ER was very bad.

Today was a bad advert for Scottish Football sadly.

Was very windy and 2 teams struggling at the bottom of the league.

I am happy with the away win - plus we won live on SKY :greengrin

HNA12
20-02-2011, 09:07 PM

What is it with these media types and drugs?

hfc rd
20-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Stack - 7

Towell - 7
Dickoh - 8
Hanlon - 8
Booth - 7

Wotherspoon - 6
Palsson - 6
Miller - 5
Scott - 7

Riordan - 5
Sodje - 6

Fans - 10

HibbyAndy
20-02-2011, 09:33 PM

I concur :agree:

Absolute dire to watch.

Twiglet
20-02-2011, 09:35 PM
I've been away this weekend and didn't see or hear any of the match. How was the ref today? I can see that one linesman wasn't so great, but what about the rest of the officials?

Bayern Bru
20-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I've been away this weekend and didn't see or hear any of the match. How was the ref today? I can see that one linesman wasn't so great, but what about the rest of the officials?

Not outrageously bad to be honest. Didn't try and pull all the attention onto himself. Not outstanding, but not worthy of his own thread like last week. :wink:

Removed
20-02-2011, 09:56 PM

I came home and never mentioned any of them. Don't even know the refs name. That's how it should be :agree:

Main stand linesman was a bit suspect a couple of times but I probably forgot cos we won :scarf:

Sir David Gray
20-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Today wasn't a great match, I don't think anyone who watched it will try to say otherwise.

St Mirren are trying to scrap their way to enough points to avoid relegation and I don't think any of their matches, particularly their home matches, will be very entertaining for the rest of the season.

We, on the other hand, are in the very early stages of recovery after having a whole year's worth of shocking performances and results. We have a number of new players and a lot of them are quite young.

We hadn't won in Paisley for 12 years before today so it was good to get that particular monkey off our back.

We got the three points today and we have now gone three full games without conceding a goal from open play.

Personally I can't understand for the life of me how anyone can possibly say that there were no positives to take out of today's match.

There's a lot for us to work on, we are miles away from where we should be and hopefully from where the management and players think we should be as well, but things are improving and we are toughening up and becoming a lot harder to beat.

AndersonGGTTH
20-02-2011, 10:04 PM
So Booth and Palsson were worth less than Deeks?:confused:

Stack 7 - nothing much to do, but did it well

Towell 7 - pace, energy, tenacity, big throw, shame he's only on loan
Dickoh 7 - Well done son, a winning goal and a clean sheet
Hanlon 7 - still gives me the jitters sometimes, but improving
Booth 6 - comfy on the ball, good pace, learning to defend

Spoon 6 - he's got a few tricks but needs more end product. Still young.
Miller 5 - I'd give him a 10 for effort, but he couldn't find a team mate all game it seemed
Palsson 6 - not as effective as last week, but doesn't hide and has a touch of class, best passer in our team now.
Scott - 7 - like him, works hard and likes to get forward

Deek 4 - Ineffectual. Sorry but he's not a threat right now
Sodje 6.5 - not his day but showed again he has something about him

he is always a threat , FACT! as we have been shown on many many occasions

RIP
20-02-2011, 10:05 PM
So if Deek gets the lowest rating and you were Calderwood who should he play in Deek's place?

Wotherspiniesta
20-02-2011, 10:16 PM
So if Deek gets the lowest rating and you were Calderwood who should he play in Deek's place?

Galbraith or Byrne.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2011, 10:25 PM

We won, thats a huge positive for me because 6 months, no sorry 6 weeks ago we would have lost that game.

Yes i agree it was beyond brutal at times, no one wants to watch football like that week in week out. However we have found ourselves in a position where we require a total rebuild. Part 1 of that is where we currently are - getting points on the board at all costs. 3 week ago we looked like stick ons for relagation, 3 hard fought games later and we are as good as safe.

I'd rather have an ugly 1-0 victory than a pretty 1-0 defeat at this moment in time. Hopefully given another transfer window and a chance to ship out more deadwood and CC having the chance bring in his own players will allow us to be back in a position of winning and playing pretty football. Points before performances for now IMO.

BEEJ
20-02-2011, 10:28 PM
We, on the other hand, are in the very early stages of recovery after having a whole year's worth of shocking performances and results. We have a number of new players and a lot of them are quite young.

We hadn't won in Paisley for 12 years before today so it was good to get that particular monkey off our back.

We got the three points today and we have now gone three full games without conceding a goal from open play.

Personally I can't understand for the life of me how anyone can possibly say that there were no positives to take out of today's match.

There's a lot for us to work on, we are miles away from where we should be and hopefully from where the management and players think we should be as well, but things are improving and we are toughening up and becoming a lot harder to beat.
:agree: :top marks

It was just three weeks ago tonight that we were still awaiting our first goal in 2011 and were setting new club records for the longest run of games without a win.

Anyone believing that what we're seeing now is in any way, shape or form CC's idea of the finished article is being a bit naive.

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Today wasn't a great match, I don't think anyone who watched it will try to say otherwise.

St Mirren are trying to scrap their way to enough points to avoid relegation and I don't think any of their matches, particularly their home matches, will be very entertaining for the rest of the season.

What colour of hat were you wearing today?

Big90inOz
20-02-2011, 10:53 PM
he is always a threat , FACT! as we have been shown on many many occasions

You are wrong, he has no pace, he can't beat a man, his free kicks are getting worse, he never attacks the space in front of a defender so he sits behind defenders waiting on a mistake.
Deek CAN score a goal out of nothing unfortunately these days he is a passenger for most of the game.

Sir David Gray
20-02-2011, 11:05 PM
What colour of hat were you wearing today?

The trusty plain black one as usual. :agree:

If you watch the front of the stand carefully when Dickoh scores, you can actually see me going forward with my arm in the air.

Not sure if the hat is visible though. :greengrin

cad
21-02-2011, 05:42 AM
It certainly wasnt pretty but what luck did we get?
I really am struggling to think of any to be honest. Could be argued we hit the woodwork twice that was unlucky.

Scott getting the corner or foul when He pulled the guy down ,
Stevenson was lucky the boy got up quickly he could have milked it .
Dire game 3 points ,
TBH how people can give 7 and 8 for that performance is beyond me as Serg says long long way to go ,if people want to hype it up crack on .

Beefster
21-02-2011, 06:06 AM

I want to avoid relegation above anything else. You should try pragmatism sometime.

The Falcon
21-02-2011, 07:31 AM
I want to avoid relegation above anything else. You should try pragmatism sometime.

Yip.

Seems to me that less than a month ago we were relegated, definately and absolutely apparently. No point in going to any more games cos it was a done deal.

Now we're eleven points clear of bottom, won three on the bounce against our rivals in the dogfight (when most thought we would buckle in the heat of battle) and a defence that now puts the ball in the stand rather than thinking they are Beckenbauer.

The main positive for me is travelling back from St. Mirren having actually won a game. The silky stuff can come later.

Beefster
21-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Yip.

Seems to me that less than a month ago we were relegated, definately and absolutely apparently. No point in going to any more games cos it was a done deal.

Now we're eleven points clear of bottom, won three on the bounce against our rivals in the dogfight (when most thought we would buckle in the heat of battle) and a defence that now puts the ball in the stand rather than thinking they are Beckenbauer.

The main positive for me is travelling back from St. Mirren having actually won a game. The silky stuff can come later.

Agreed. Our first win at St Mirren in 9 games or 12 years (whatever way folk want to look at it) but there's no positives to take?

Crab apple
21-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Agreed. Our first win at St Mirren in 9 games or 12 years (whatever way folk want to look at it) but there's no positives to take?

:agree: Many downsides to yesterday - poor game, freezing cold, no trains between Paisley and Glasgow, and being congratulated by pissed Weedgies on a great 3-0 victory on account of them failing to spot the Hibs badge on my son's scarf. But give me wins every time. We competed well today, weren't bullied and looked more like a team that at any time in the last 18 months.

greenlex
21-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Scott getting the corner or foul when He pulled the guy down ,
Stevenson was lucky the boy got up quickly he could have milked it .
Dire game 3 points ,
TBH how people can give 7 and 8 for that performance is beyond me as Serg says long long way to go ,if people want to hype it up crack on .
FFS talk about glass half empty!!! If that's your idea of luck dinnae bother about the lottery this week and save yourself a couple if quid.

Arch Stanton
21-02-2011, 10:03 AM

I'm more wondering if he will even be with Hibs next season. He is probably in the middle of contract negotiations (given that Galbraith has just extended his contract) and he has not only put in a couple of totally anonymous games but his fabled great striking of the ball has totally deserted him.

Famous Fiver
21-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Great win.

We had Nish and Rankin both on the pitch at full time. Who would have thought it?

They don't seem to be exactly flavour of the month on here but CC must see something in them.

RIP
21-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I couldnae make it but here's what my wee brother posted in the hootsmon. He's a fitba coach and usually notices things I dinnae

IanfaeClerrie,
DUNFERMLINE 21/02/2011 05:43:31
A deserved win for us but very poor in terms of creativity. We really missed Ian Murray but another good game from Palsson, Stack, and the back 4. Agree we still look prone to mistakes on bouncing balls through the middle but the communication and confidence is growing.

Miller player his best game for a while for us but was still ineffective in his distribution, giving away possession far too often. So infuriating as he had some nice anticipation and touches to gain possession but nothing flows from him as he never runs off the ball for a pass.

Sodje really held the ball up well and looked dangerous turning - something Nish never does.

Deek and Wotherspoon were both poor again and a number of times people were looking to return the ball to Spoony when he had simply stood still after passing.

Deek looks like he is finished in terms of speed, effort and ability to win the ball. When he did the great little 1-2 from a thrown-in, I think with Scott, for his shot straight at the keeper, he looked knackered after the ten yard run.

Good subs by CC - Lewis did his normal Kamakaze for the first five minutes but after that, things started to happen on the left with interpassing all the way from the back. He seems to be the oly guy who still does pass and move - been out the team too long. Both Lewis and Nish changed things up in terms of pace and we really put the pressure on for a fifteen minute period.

I though Scott was good value and looks talented and dangerous.

I didn't see MOTM from the BBC but it should have been Palsson.

Fun parts were:- The new song about Jeffries's wife and Colin Nish and the Hibbie who had obviously ripped his jeans climbing a all or a fence getting in late into the main stand. Oh and Colin Nish himself being the player who I have seen most on the pitch while a sub - stretching on the pitch, cleaning his boots against the post, chatting to Stack - Stack was very good if I didn't say earlier.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Yesterdays win would have been classed as a lucky one last season, yet the stats would suggest otherwise.

hibiedude
21-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Another 3 points and a clean sheet :thumbsup:

AlbertK86
21-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Absolutely delighted that we got the three points. Big positive for me was we didn't look like conceding even although that might be more to do with the saints being pash.

We are now far more competitive all over the park and CC must get the credit for bringing in the new boys and giving young Booth a run.

He looks a real prospect especially going forward.

Stack - 6 - steady enough
Towell - 7 - great appetite
Dickoh - 6 - better than usual but still worries me defensively
Hanlon - 7 - Getting better all the time and talking is getting better
Booth - 7 - great touch and confidence on the ball.Still learning to defend properly.
Spoony - 6- still not playing to potential he showed last season but grafted hard
Palsson - 6 - quiet game but hard as nails and still showed touches of class
Miller - 5 - Always wants ball but distribution poor. Still a class act if motivated
Scott - 7 - Tipifies the new fighting spirit and inspires the rest to follow his lead
Riordan - 5- loss of form for now but write him off at your peril. will come good
Sodje - 6 - Big and strong but didn't fall for him

Happy to accept a scrap for the rest of the season and then see if CC can bring in a few more bods so he doesn't have to bring on the likes of Nish and Rankin. I do believe they were only on bench yesterday due to suspensions, injuries and a lack of depth (for now)