PDA

View Full Version : Divis

hibs4eve
19-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I think we should give Divis a start tomorrow as we are not playing any eam above us in the league in the other hand i don't think i would drop stack as he has been playing good
What are youre Thoughts?

Removed
19-02-2011, 08:22 PM
So where would you play Stack :dunno:

hibs4eve
19-02-2011, 08:27 PM
So where would you play Stack :dunno:

cf

Hibs Class
19-02-2011, 08:27 PM
cf

dh

Danny_Hibee
20-02-2011, 11:43 AM
each keeper is getting 3 games, this is Stacks 3rd. guess we might see Divis next week?

H18sry
20-02-2011, 01:54 PM
each keeper is getting 3 games, this is Stacks 3rd. guess we might see Divis next week?

What happens after that does the worst keeper drop out, then the other 3 get 2 games each, then repeat till we are left with the best keeper :dunno:

PeterboroHibee
20-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Hopefully he sticks with Stack. Daft to change it every few games imo. Even if a keeper makes an error, it happens, need to keep consistancy in the back line.

I still think Divis was a pointless signing though.

stokesmessiah
20-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Hopefully he sticks with Stack. Daft to change it every few games imo. Even if a keeper makes an error, it happens, need to keep consistancy in the back line.

How?

Have you seen him play?

Maybe he wants him for next season and it was better to take him now than miss out later??

I admint Stack has been good in last couple of games but he does have a history of being on the table.

As for brown and smith they have hardly covered themselves in glory so i think at least one will be off in the summer. And for those about to jump on the "brown is a good keeper its just his kicking" bandwagon i put it to you that if you keep thumping the ball to your opposition or out of play and invite trouble....we are never going to go far.

Bayern Bru
20-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Divis is still short of match fitness by a long shot due to the winter shutdown in Slovakia as well.

J-C
20-02-2011, 02:15 PM

brown obviously done something to upset C and was dropped instantly, Smith is just pants, so that leaves us with Stack..........that's why Divis was brought in, to get him ready for next season.

PeterboroHibee
20-02-2011, 02:23 PM
brown obviously done something to upset C and was dropped instantly, Smith is just pants, so that leaves us with Stack..........that's why Divis was brought in, to get him ready for next season.

On a 12 month loan deal :confused:? So we arent going to see him playing for about 6 months? If hes that good that we had to take him on now, surely hes good enough to be playing now? Just a waste of a wage imo.

WindyMiller
20-02-2011, 03:42 PM
On a 12 month loan deal :confused:? So we arent going to see him playing for about 6 months? If hes that good that we had to take him on now, surely hes good enough to be playing now? Just a waste of a wage imo.

He's only on loan till the end of the season.

scoopyboy
20-02-2011, 03:44 PM
He's only on loan till the end of the season.

one year loan Windy

oconnors_strip
20-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Divis is sitting in the away stand with us hibees!

cocopops1875
20-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Aye I hope we drop the keeper who has kept 2 clean sheets from 3 games and has not lost a goal in open play. Crack much ?

lucky
20-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Stack must stay in goal. A settled team always helps

BEEJ
20-02-2011, 07:53 PM
:agree: There's an interesting story in there somewhere.

It's a curious situation when a player who has been playing fairly well drops so quickly from team and squad selection and is not reported to be injured. Not even entrusted with the subs bench.

hfc rd
20-02-2011, 08:54 PM
At the moment, I wouldn't change the goalkeeper. Stack has come in and has done really well in goals and seems very good at organising his defence. Yes I understand where most fans are coming from with the "its unfair on Brown to be dropped" but his kicking was really poor and we always seemed to leak goals when he was in between the sticks and wasn't that good at organising his defence properly. Smith can forget it and I hope that he has been told to find a new club next season along with Hart, Rankin, McBride, Nish, Trakys etc as those players are simply not good enough. I think we are going to see more of Jakub Divis next season as at the moment it is going to be really unfair to drop Stack as he has come in and looked as if he has organised the defence really well and that has resulted in 2 clean sheets in the last 3 games. I don't know why Caldo ain't putting Divis on the bench and keeps on having Smith on the bench when everyone knows he is a terrible goalkeeper and always will be.

Westie1875
20-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Stack must stay in goals for now IMO, it is no coincidence that we've stopped shipping goals since he came in.

If his injuries are behind him I'd be offering him a new contract as well.

J-C
21-02-2011, 11:05 AM
I can only assume that with Brown blotting his paper, Smith being totally gash and Stack at the time constantly injured, CC felt it necessary to bring Divis in for cover or even to play straight away. Now this has changed as Stack seems to have found a cure for his back, maybe he's on loan with a chance of a permanent move in the summer.

Andy74
21-02-2011, 11:08 AM
:agree: There's an interesting story in there somewhere.

It's a curious situation when a player who has been playing fairly well drops so quickly from team and squad selection and is not reported to be injured. Not even entrusted with the subs bench.

I dont think CC was too pleased that we lost the ball or were under pressure every time the ball went back to him. The last game he played was farcical.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 11:11 AM
At the moment, I wouldn't change the goalkeeper. Stack has come in and has done really well in goals and seems very good at organising his defence. Yes I understand where most fans are coming from with the "its unfair on Brown to be dropped" but his kicking was really poor and we always seemed to leak goals when he was in between the sticks and wasn't that good at organising his defence properly. Smith can forget it and I hope that he has been told to find a new club next season along with Hart, Rankin, McBride, Nish, Trakys etc as those players are simply not good enough. I think we are going to see more of Jakub Divis next season as at the moment it is going to be really unfair to drop Stack as he has come in and looked as if he has organised the defence really well and that has resulted in 2 clean sheets in the last 3 games. I don't know why Caldo ain't putting Divis on the bench and keeps on having Smith on the bench when everyone knows he is a terrible goalkeeper and always will be.

I dont understand that argument, Brown is nowhere near as good as a fit Stack, and imo you should always play your best keeper.

Keeping the ball out the goal is not all a keeper has to do these days, and Brown was not all that good at that anyway. Organizing, distribution and calmness are other skills a keeper should have, Brown was poor at that.

Stack if fit is the best keeper we have, and if his injuries are over, he should get a new contract imo.

J-C
21-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I dont think CC was too pleased that we lost the ball or were under pressure every time the ball went back to him. The last game he played was farcical.

I'd heard he had a groin injury and kept it quiet, CC realised after that game due to his terrible kicking, doesn't like players keeping these type of secrets from him.