PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Foreign Legion

Jack
14-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Just when I was reading about Saturdays match and the Italian they have playing for them had me thinking we’ve not had an Italian playing for us – or have we?

I doubt if we cover all of Europe …

Albania ; Andorra; Austria; Belarus; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria ; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malta; Moldova; Monaco; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russia; San Marino; Serbia and Montenegro; Slovakia (Slovak Republic); Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Turkey; Ukraine; United Kingdom.

… never mind the rest of the world;

Afghanistan; Akrotiri; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Anguilla; Antarctica; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Aruba; Ashmore and Cartier Islands; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bahamas, The; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Bassas da India; Belize; Benin; Bermuda; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Bouvet Island; Brazil; British Indian Ocean Territory; British Virgin Islands; Brunei; Burkina Faso; Burma; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Canada; Cape Verde; Cayman Islands; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Christmas Island; Clipperton Island; Cocos (Keeling) Islands; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Democratic Republic of the; Congo, Republic of the; Cook Islands; Coral Sea Islands; Costa Rica; Cote d'Ivoire; Cuba; Dhekelia; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Europa Island; Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas); Faroe Islands; Fiji; French Guiana; French Polynesia; French Southern and Antarctic Lands; Gabon; Gambia, The; Gaza Strip; Georgia; Ghana; Gibraltar; Glorioso Islands; Greenland; Grenada; Guadeloupe; Guam; Guatemala; Guernsey; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Heard Island and McDonald Islands; Holy See (Vatican City); Honduras; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Isle of Man; Israel; Jamaica; Jan Mayen; Japan; Jersey; Jordan; Juan de Nova Island; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, North; Korea, South; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macau; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Martinique; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; Navassa Island; Nepal; Netherlands Antilles; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Norfolk Island; Northern Mariana Islands; Oman; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paracel Islands; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Reunion; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Pierre and Miquelon; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands; Spratly Islands; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Svalbard; Swaziland; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tromelin Island; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Turks and Caicos Islands; Tuvalu; Uganda; United Arab Emirates; United States; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Virgin Islands; Wake Island; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank; Western Sahara; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.

These are the sort of obvious ones. Any I've forgotten?

lapsedhibee
14-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Any I've forgotten?
Alen Orman?

--------
14-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Not thinking too hard, John Madsen from Denmark played centre-half for us in the late 60's; Peter Guggi and a guy Dietrich both Austrians played a couple of games each under Eck; Makalambay is a Belgian internationalist: Alen Orman was an Austrian internationalist but by birth he's Bosnian; and Stu Lovell is an Aussie.

lapsedhibee
14-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Where did that boy Showumni come from? (And the answer's not "Falkirk FC", because that was afterwards.)

Edit: Found it. Comes from England, and has a couple of caps for Nigeria.

GloryGlory
14-02-2011, 01:10 PM
ISTR Lyndon Someone??? from St Lucia? Can't remember his surname, but IIRC he came on for Matty Jack in the 6-2 game.

H18sry
14-02-2011, 01:13 PM
ISTR Lyndon Someone??? from St Lucia? Can't remember his surname, but IIRC he came on for Matty Jack in the 6-2 game.

Andrews

MacBean
14-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Paco Luna - Spanish

FraserHFC
14-02-2011, 01:17 PM

He was from Trinidad and Tobago IIRC

derekHFC
14-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Daniel Andersson - Swedish

Green forever
14-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Ricky Hill from Bermuda although not sure he ever played a game.

MacBean
14-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Ulises De La Cruz - Ecuador
Franck Sauzee - France
Mathias Jack - Germany
Russel Latapy - Trinidad and Tobago
Ulrick Laursen - Denmark
Oli Gottskalksson - Iceland
Sol Bamba - Coite de Ivoire, although born in Paris

vla_di_vla
[QUOTE=Jack;2735249]Just when I was reading about Saturdays match and the Italian they have playing for them had me thinking we’ve not had an Italian playing for us – or have we?

Joe Tortolano :wink:

Wee Scottie Dug

Earl Jean was the one from St Lucia ...... Centre Forward .......

Wembley67
14-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Olly let's the goals in - Iceland

Wembley67
14-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Ray wilkins was really Italian

MacBean
14-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Jakub Divis - Czech Republic
Valdas Trakys - Lithuania
Akpo Sodje - Nigeria (although kinda English)
Francis Dickoh - Ghana
Edwin De Graaf - Netherlands
Abdessallam Benjelloun & Merouane Zemmama - Morocco
Yves Makabu-Makalambay - Democratic Republic of Congo (Although Belgian International)

H18sry
14-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Ray wilkins was really Italian

As was Peter Marinello

--------
14-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Where did that boy Showumni come from? (And the answer's not "Falkirk FC", because that was afterwards.)

Edit: Found it. Comes from England, and has a couple of caps for Nigeria.

THOMAS Sowunmi.

He was born in Nigeria, but played international football for Hungary.

Unlike his brother Enoch, who's the guy I think you're thinking of.

He's listed on PAGE 198 of Jim Jeffrey's book "Hibernian: The Players and Managers 1946-2009".

THOMAS - the Nigerian Magyar who scored for us against Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup.

GraniteCityHibs
14-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Can someone forward this thread on to CC please.

I think he should make it our aim to fill up more of these missing nationalities! That's what we need...more unknown journeymen!!:wink:

I think it's shocking that we've never had any players from the football superpowers such as - Djibouti, Eritrea and The Cook Islands!!

Come on CC and Petrie- you know it makes sense!!:thumbsup:

James70
14-02-2011, 01:50 PM
As was Peter Marinello

as was Antonio Murray, eligible to play for Italy through his Italian mother! :greengrin

GloryGlory
14-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Olly let's the goals in - Iceland

Bjarni Larusson, as well.

FraserHFC
14-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Craig Rocastle - Grenada

Wheat Hound
14-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Jimmy Boco - Benin
Janos Matyus - Hungary
Mike Franks - Canada
Valdas Trakys - Lithuania
Stuart Lovell - Australia
Oumar Konde - Switzerland
Amadou Konte - Mali

Have we ever had an Asian player (ie from the Asian continent)?

Jack
14-02-2011, 02:16 PM
OP updated with all the Green Hibee countries in ..... er ...... green! :greengrin

tanfield
14-02-2011, 02:21 PM
The 2 norwegians from the late 70's

supershotmo
14-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Stokes, Miller & Colgan - Republic of Ireland

supershotmo
14-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Ronnie Rosenthal - Israel albeit he played in a trial match.

The Gorf
14-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Just when I was reading about Saturdays match and the Italian they have playing for them had me thinking we’ve not had an Italian playing for us – or have we?

Albania ; Andorra; Austria; Belarus; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria ; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malta; Moldova; Monaco; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russia; San Marino; Serbia and Montenegro; Slovakia (Slovak Republic); Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Turkey; Ukraine.

Afghanistan; Akrotiri; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Anguilla; Antarctica; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Aruba; Ashmore and Cartier Islands; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bahamas, The; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Bassas da India; Belize; Benin; Bermuda; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Bouvet Island; Brazil; British Indian Ocean Territory; British Virgin Islands; Brunei; Burkina Faso; Burma; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Canada; Cape Verde; Cayman Islands; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Christmas Island; Clipperton Island; Cocos (Keeling) Islands; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Democratic Republic of the; Congo, Republic of the; Cook Islands; Coral Sea Islands; Costa Rica; Cote d'Ivoire; Cuba; Dhekelia; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Europa Island; Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas); Faroe Islands; Fiji; French Guiana; French Polynesia; French Southern and Antarctic Lands; Gabon; Gambia, The; Gaza Strip; Georgia; Ghana; Gibraltar; Glorioso Islands; Greenland; Grenada; Guadeloupe; Guam; Guatemala; Guernsey; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Heard Island and McDonald Islands; Holy See (Vatican City); Honduras; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Isle of Man; Israel; Jamaica; Jan Mayen; Japan; Jersey; Jordan; Juan de Nova Island; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, North; Korea, South; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macau; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Martinique; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; Navassa Island; Nepal; Netherlands Antilles; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Norfolk Island; Northern Mariana Islands; Oman; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paracel Islands; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Reunion; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Pierre and Miquelon; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands; Spratly Islands; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Svalbard; Swaziland; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tromelin Island; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Turks and Caicos Islands; Tuvalu; Uganda; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Virgin Islands; Wake Island; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank; Western Sahara; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.

Hibernian call off permanent deal for Italian keeper Nuzzo

From the archive
Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php) http://www.heraldscotland.com/ui/img/blank.gif (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/hibernian-call-off-permanent-deal-for-italian-keeper-nuzzo-1.293243#have-your-say)
6 May 1999

INTER Milan goalkeeper Raffaele Nuzzo may have seen his chances of a permanent deal at Hibernian collapse after he was ordered back to the Serie A club by manager Roy Hodgson. The San Siro No.3, valued at around #200,000, was supposed to be in the capital for a week, trying to convince Easter Road manager Alex McLeish that he was worth a deal. However, an injury to Milan No.1 Gianluca Pagliuca has cut short the goalkeeper's trial period by 48 hours.

Twa Cairpets
14-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Long shot this - I have a memory of being at a pre-season friendly v Killie at Rugby Park some time in the late seventies / early eighties.

I'm sure there was a keeper who played his only game in this match and was called Niztec and was from somewhere in Eastern europe - this was pre Glasnost/Iron Curtain crumbling so was something fo a novelty.

Can anyone confirm if Im not being delusional?

Bristolhibby
14-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Dirk Lehmann, Matty Jack - Germany
Paul Fenwick- Canada
Russel Latapy - Trinidad & Tobago
Olifur Gotskallson - Iceland
Daniel Andersson - Sweden
Ivan Sproule - Northern Ireland
Liam Miller - Ireland
Mixu Paatelainen - Finland
Alen Orman - Austria (although born in Bosnia)
Chris Killen - New Zealand
Earl Jean - St. Lucia
Stuart Lovell - Australia
Abderraouf Zarabi - Algeria
Banji and Zoomer - Morrocco

J

NYHibby
14-02-2011, 05:59 PM
United States - Gerry Baker

Wembley67
14-02-2011, 06:07 PM
We have a whole team of us playing in Malta, surely that counts in some back to front way :na na:

--------
14-02-2011, 06:10 PM

GRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Should have remembered Gerry.

This one's a bit end-over-tip, but we had a goalkeeper Jack Reilly who went to the USAQ and then on to Australia and played for them in the 1974 World Cup.

He couldn't have been that good,'cos Willie Wilson kept him out of the first team....

He wasn't Australian when he played for us, but he became an Aussie after he left. Does he count?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reilly_(footballer)

hibbybrian
14-02-2011, 06:26 PM

GRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Should have remembered Gerry

Bobby Wilson who played for Hibs from 1913-1918 was born in America :wink:

hibbybrian
14-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Long shot this - I have a memory of being at a pre-season friendly v Killie at Rugby Park some time in the late seventies / early eighties.

I'm sure there was a keeper who played his only game in this match and was called Niztec and was from somewhere in Eastern europe - this was pre Glasnost/Iron Curtain crumbling so was something fo a novelty.

Can anyone confirm if Im not being delusional?

Miroslav Nizetic Played in 2 friendly matches in December 1979 against Killie & Liecester City - damaged his hand in his 2nd game and was not signed. :wink:

Doesn't confirm you're not delusional though :greengrin

TRC
14-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Guadeloupe Mickaël Antoine-Curier but born french

--------
14-02-2011, 10:02 PM

Albania ; Andorra; Austria; Belarus; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria ; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malta; Moldova; Monaco; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russia; San Marino; Serbia and Montenegro; Slovakia (Slovak Republic); Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Turkey; Ukraine.

Afghanistan; Akrotiri; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Anguilla; Antarctica; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Aruba; Ashmore and Cartier Islands; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bahamas, The; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Bassas da India; Belize; Benin; Bermuda; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Bouvet Island; Brazil; British Indian Ocean Territory; British Virgin Islands; Brunei; Burkina Faso; Burma; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Canada; Cape Verde; Cayman Islands; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Christmas Island; Clipperton Island; Cocos (Keeling) Islands; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Democratic Republic of the; Congo, Republic of the; Cook Islands; Coral Sea Islands; Costa Rica; Cote d'Ivoire; Cuba; Dhekelia; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Europa Island; Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas); Faroe Islands; Fiji; French Guiana; French Polynesia; French Southern and Antarctic Lands; Gabon; Gambia, The; Gaza Strip; Georgia; Ghana; Gibraltar; Glorioso Islands; Greenland; Grenada; Guadeloupe; Guam; Guatemala; Guernsey; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Heard Island and McDonald Islands; Holy See (Vatican City); Honduras; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Isle of Man; Israel; Jamaica; Jan Mayen; Japan; Jersey; Jordan; Juan de Nova Island; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, North; Korea, South; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macau; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Martinique; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; Navassa Island; Nepal; Netherlands Antilles; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Norfolk Island; Northern Mariana Islands; Oman; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paracel Islands; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Reunion; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Pierre and Miquelon; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands; Spratly Islands; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Svalbard; Swaziland; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tromelin Island; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Turks and Caicos Islands; Tuvalu; Uganda; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Virgin Islands; Wake Island; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank; Western Sahara; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.

Green up Monaco, young man! Torben Joneleit was born in Monte Carlo 17 May 1987.

Jack
14-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Green up Monaco, young man! Torben Joneleit was born in Monte Carlo 17 May 1987.

Since you asked so nicely :greengrin

I'm surprised no one noticed the UK wasn't in the European section :shhhsh!:

Albanian Hibs
14-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Good thread :agree:

My husband is Albanian....does that count? :greengrin and I bet he is the first and probably only Albanian to support the Hibees :agree:

Keith_M
15-02-2011, 08:53 AM
There was a thread on here a while back asking if Hibs ever had a welsh player in the ranks. I'm still amazed that nobody ever came up with one, as it beggars belief that not one single welshman ever played for Hibs.

Has anybody thought of one yet?

p.s. Don't bother suggesting Brian Welsh and Gareth Evans, serious answers only :wink:

Groathillgrump
15-02-2011, 09:02 AM
There was a thread on here a while back asking if Hibs ever had a welsh player in the ranks. I'm still amazed that nobody ever came up with one, as it beggars belief that not one single welshman ever played for Hibs.

p.s. Don't bother suggesting Brian Welsh and Gareth Evans, serious answers only :wink:

Bobby Atherton 1897 -1904

Must be more, surely!

Doh! One of our current players is Welsh - David Stephens!

Sherlock Jones
15-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Bobby Atherton - Hibs captain at one time - was capped 9 times by Wales around 1899. He went on to captain Middlesbrough after us. He drowned during the first World War.

HibbyRod
15-02-2011, 09:06 AM

I'm pretty certain that Bobby Atherton won the Scottish Cup with Hibs in 1902, and he was defo Welsh. :aok:

Young Stephens is currently an under 21 International with Wales too.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-02-2011, 09:10 AM

Mervyn Jones?

Wheat Hound
15-02-2011, 09:10 AM

David Stephens

Wheat Hound
15-02-2011, 09:12 AM
No answers to have we had an Asian player before? Indeed, other than oriental players, has any spl side had an Asian player?

The_Exile
15-02-2011, 09:26 AM
What nationality was Zambernardi then? Was he not Italian? Can't believe nobody has mentioned him yet, his 80 yard cross field passes to the opposition were legendary.

The_Exile
15-02-2011, 09:27 AM
has any spl side had an Asian player?

Nakamura

derekHFC
15-02-2011, 09:35 AM
What nationality was Zambernardi then? Was he not Italian? Can't believe nobody has mentioned him yet, his 80 yard cross field passes to the opposition were legendary.

French

FT'J'Bo's
15-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Albania ; Andorra; Austria; Belarus; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria ; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malta; Moldova; Monaco; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russia; San Marino; Serbia and Montenegro; Slovakia (Slovak Republic); Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Turkey; Ukraine; United Kingdom.

Afghanistan; Akrotiri; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Anguilla; Antarctica; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Aruba; Ashmore and Cartier Islands; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bahamas, The; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Bassas da India; Belize; Benin; Bermuda; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Bouvet Island; Brazil; British Indian Ocean Territory; British Virgin Islands; Brunei; Burkina Faso; Burma; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Canada; Cape Verde; Cayman Islands; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Christmas Island; Clipperton Island; Cocos (Keeling) Islands; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Democratic Republic of the; Congo, Republic of the; Cook Islands; Coral Sea Islands; Costa Rica; Cote d'Ivoire; Cuba; Dhekelia; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Europa Island; Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas); Faroe Islands; Fiji; French Guiana; French Polynesia; French Southern and Antarctic Lands; Gabon; Gambia, The; Gaza Strip; Georgia; Ghana; Gibraltar; Glorioso Islands; Greenland; Grenada; Guadeloupe; Guam; Guatemala; Guernsey; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Heard Island and McDonald Islands; Holy See (Vatican City); Honduras; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Isle of Man; Israel; Jamaica; Jan Mayen; Japan; Jersey; Jordan; Juan de Nova Island; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, North; Korea, South; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macau; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Martinique; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; Navassa Island; Nepal; Netherlands Antilles; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Norfolk Island; Northern Mariana Islands; Oman; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paracel Islands; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Puerto Rico; Qatar; Reunion; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Pierre and Miquelon; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands; Spratly Islands; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Svalbard; Swaziland; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tromelin Island; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Turks and Caicos Islands; Tuvalu; Uganda; United Arab Emirates; United States; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Virgin Islands; Wake Island; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank; Western Sahara; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.

Didier Agathe, Saint-Pierre, Réunion.

Keith_M
15-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Bobby Atherton 1897 -1904

Must be more, surely!

Doh! One of our current players is Welsh - David Stephens!

:aok:

Thanks.

I didn't realise Stephens was Welsh. Still, not a lot in over a hundred years.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Gareth Evans has a Welsh-sounding name. Does that count?

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 04:45 PM
No answers to have we had an Asian player before? Indeed, other than oriental players, has any spl side had an Asian player?

Hearts would be the obvious club that springs to mind.

lapsedhibee
15-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Hearts would be the obvious club that springs to mind.

Talk of the orient sprang Jim Leighton to my mind. No idea why.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Talk of the orient sprang Jim Leighton to my mind. No idea why.

I was thinking of Scott Crabbe for Los Yambolinos.

After Bertie Kidd hit that second at Dens back in 86, he was certainly a crustacean.

Hibs On Tour
16-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Dare I mention it...

Poland - Zibi...

:greengrin