PDA

View Full Version : Feeder + Deaf Havana

Sylar
10-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Just back in from seeing Feeder, supported by Deaf Havana at Fat Sams in Dundee.

Feeder are still as impressive as ever - this was the third time I've seen them and the first time I've seen them since their old drummer killed himself (I was really impressed by how good their new drummer is!).

Deaf Havana were difficult to judge - I've liked their first two albums, but they recently parted ways with their vocalist, and the other guy can't scream, so they're having to alter songs and write a lot of new material in a very short space of time.

Good night though - decent small venue, good crowd energy and a very well played set. Can't hear a thing right now mind you as my ears are still ringing!

Calvin
11-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I went down for the gig as well. I like Feeder but was a bit indifferent before the gig, they certainly impressed though. I thought it was a really good set and it reminded me how many great songs they have. It was a really tight set as well and I was happy to see them there as I feel they could have played somewhere a lot bigger.

Deaf Havana were alright, I won't be rushing home to download their tracks but for a support I thought they were not too bad.

Sylar
11-02-2011, 08:37 AM
I went down for the gig as well. I like Feeder but was a bit indifferent before the gig, they certainly impressed though. I thought it was a really good set and it reminded me how many great songs they have. It was a really tight set as well and I was happy to see them there as I feel they could have played somewhere a lot bigger.

Deaf Havana were alright, I won't be rushing home to download their tracks but for a support I thought they were not too bad.

I was the same actually - wasn't exactly excited, even when they were coming on stage, but as soon as they started, I immediately got into it. I don't really know their Renegades album at all, but the new drummer certainly appears to have had some creative influence, as the new stuff sounded a lot faster and harder.

I saw Story of the Year, Matchbox Romance and Atreyu play in Fat Sams a couple of years ago and the tightness of the venue really adds to the atmosphere.

Deaf Havana were a bit of a disappointment for me - musically, they still sound good live, but I really couldn't take to the new vocalist. If you do listen to any of their stuff, it won't sound the same really. You can stream their album from grooveshark if you feel inclined at any point.

Calvin
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
The only other band I've seen at Fat Sam's was Enter Shikari and that was a phenomenal gig so I was already sold on the venue!

I've got a spare couple of hours to kill just now so I reckon I'll see how Deaf Havana sound recorded.