PDA

View Full Version : Pool hall in Edinburgh?

green&left
07-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Alright folks, Anyone recommend a decent pool hall in Edinburgh (Centre, leith, or north area preferably)? Preferably one that doesn't need me to stump up for a years membership aswell...

Cheers :aok:

H18sry
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Diane's at Haymarket is a pay as you play pool hall :agree:

Speedy
07-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Diane's at Haymarket is a pay as you play pool hall :agree:

Last time I was there they said we could play but we'd have to come off if it was full and a member wanted a table.

We were on for a couple of hours and didn't have to stop playing for members but it might not be the best place if you are planning on playing on a friday/saturday night.

P.S. This was at least a year ago so this may have changed since.

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Can't folks play in the Marco's places? they have larger pool tables, american style, but don't recall needing membership and actually prefer slightly bigger pool tables.
talking about a min of 8 years though since i was in one!

H18sry
12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Can't folks play in the Marco's places? they have larger pool tables, american style, but don't recall needing membership and actually prefer slightly bigger pool tables.
talking about a min of 8 years though since i was in one!

They are flats now :greengrin

Hillsidehibby
13-02-2011, 03:44 PM
The New Yorker at Meadowbank has pool tables.

MSK
13-02-2011, 03:52 PM
The New Yorker at Meadowbank has pool tables.Aye at aboot £1 a go, bloody expensive for a game o pool..the American pool tables are a disgrace too ..most of the cloths are drink stained & the tables are off run ..the owners need tae spend a few bob on upgrading the pool tables etc ...was a far better place when the late Jimmy Paterson owned it ..:agree:

EskbankHibby
14-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Aye at aboot £1 a go, bloody expensive for a game o pool..the American pool tables are a disgrace too ..most of the cloths are drink stained & the tables are off run ..the owners need tae spend a few bob on upgrading the pool tables etc ...was a far better place when the late Jimmy Paterson owned it ..:agree:

Thing that cracks me up about this place is that they have multiple state of the art 3d tellys/huge screens which must cost many thousands of pounds but the toilets are absolutely horrific. I don't mean just a wee bit smelly, i mean absolutely minging with lights out, wet floors, doors hanging off etc etc.

Fur coat and nae knickers right enough.........still go there to play snooker though.