PDA

View Full Version : A new message from Rod

PaulSmith
01-02-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110201/time-to-play-our-part_2262950_2282249

Andy74
01-02-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110201/time-to-play-our-part_2262950_2282249

Okay, I'll go.

Tachemeister, we've been doing our part, if the players and management can just concentrate on doing theirs to the same level that would be great.

Cheers.

Mikey
01-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Sounds about right.

There's not much more that can be done, other than checking out of contract players, so it's time for everyone to get behind the team.

HibbyAndy
01-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Sounds about right.

There's not much more that can be done, other than checking out of contract players, so it's time for everyone to get behind the team.

Everyone thats on the data base you mean?

K.Marx
01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
if the players and management can just concentrate on doing theirs to the same level that would be great.

:agree:

ScottB
01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Considering all the posts writing off the new guys before they've even kicked a ball, he has a point.

The time has come to get behind the team, regardless of who those 11 players are and cheer them on. Will booing them every time they miss a pass help us stay up? Me thinks not.

Wheat Hound
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Aye, and if we get beat the morn then our season starts the next game and so on and so forth. Perhaps had you loosened the purse strings and bought some proven quality you wouldbt have to keep issuing these rallying cries.

Sigh, anyhoo, I will be at er tomorrow and will give the team total support.

hibs1875
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Rods Speech

Hibernian Football Club is our passion.
It is at the core of who we all are; an anchor point in our busy lives.

We all want the same thing for our great Club: success
It would be easy to look back and dwell on the recent unprecedented run of results.
That does not help us. Instead, we need to look forward and make our contribution to our Club's future.
As anticipated by many, there have been some changes to the playing squad. Yes, some players - fans favourites included - have left the Easter Road stage on permanent deals or short term loans. We thank them for their contribution. But we must look forward. We welcome the six new signings in the January Transfer Window and look forward to them playing their part in our Club's future.

We must drive forward together, with confidence and with strength of character. We all know what we can achieve - but actually, we can do better than that if we pull together collectively to make our Club the best it can be.

We all have a role to play. The players take centre stage, directed by the Manager and his coaching staff. It is their performances that can inspire us. But as supporters we also have a role - to create an atmosphere that welcomes and encourages our players to perform at their best.

That positive sporting but robust atmosphere can also intimidate visiting teams. We have all noted the passion and noise generated from the stands this season - a support that, no matter what the results have been, continues to make noise and drive the team on.

Being part of this makes us Hibernian, and with that support, we can motivate players on to better things, to winning games. Let's continue to create that 'home advantage' for our team.

Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing their role too. From Ticket Office to Hospitality to Ground staff and Administration staff, they have all been tremendous and they continue to maintain an enthusiastic and professional presence, dedicated to the cause and wanting only what is best for the Club.

Together we are stronger. We all have a place in shaping the future for our Club. The rest of our season starts now. Let's all play our part.
Rod Petrie
Chairman

Very good speech !

Part of me wants to give him another go ! The other part says enough is enough and rod should still be held accountable for the mess were in !

Onwards and upwards :) :flag:

GGTH

down-the-slope
01-02-2011, 05:44 PM
lets have more in the ground than posting on here during home games :devil:

KWJ
01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
The rest of the season starts now.

BRING IT. Think we're going to pump the Saints 5-0! MON.

Mikey
01-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Everyone thats on the data base you mean?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?193696-The-Database-Buying-Tickets-For-Category-A-Games-At-Easter-Road

:wink:

HibbyAndy
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?193696-The-Database-Buying-Tickets-For-Category-A-Games-At-Easter-Road

:greengrin

just_joe
01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
"Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing there role too . From ticket office...." has he ever tried gettin in touch with them? you would get more of a chance getting in touch with Bin laden.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
We all know what's at stake, let's just get on with it now. The time for recriminations is later. There's nothing else we can do.

Gatecrasher
01-02-2011, 06:08 PM
We all know what's at stake, let's just get on with it now. The time for recriminations is later. There's nothing else we can do.

Andy74
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Joking aside it's well intentioned.

A huge part of pur problem is confidence and anxiety. If the guys go out expecting moans and boos at the first mis-placed pass or miss then they won't be able to get out of this.

We need to draw a line under it all now and try and keep all that away fromthe players.

I've been critical of our role in getting here in the first place. I think some of the 'duds' have gotten that way due to being petrified as a result of us not giving them many chances. We can't play a part in our own demise here and although I know that we nomrally just react to what we are seeing we need to try and temper our reaction on the day!

KWJ
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
"Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing there role too . From ticket office...." has he ever tried gettin in touch with them? you would get more of a chance getting in touch with Bin laden.

Whole other subject but I've never had a problem with them and was thoroughly impressed when they put me on the waiting list for Hearts tickets and got back in touch with me 2 days later to say they were available.

Disco Dave
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Well when the **** does he play his part? Just do the right thing and leave.

Davy Mac
01-02-2011, 06:19 PM

For me, it comes across as the same old corporate puff speak from our PR department.

Did Rod really say this?

I dunno no, I haven't met the fella before but it feels cold and insincere, a bit like question time at the white house, all the answers appear scripted and advised.

I think this is RP's last throw of the dice and let's pray we get through this.

C'mon the Hibs

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
It's a rallying call and it's no different to the plethora of rallying calls we've had on here and nobody here got derided for it. Good on him, he didn't need to issue it inasmuch as he did with the last statement.

Talent-wise, are we better on 1 Feb as we were on 1 Jan? Questionable.

Do we look more of a squad now than we did on 1 Jan? Undoubtedly.

smurf
01-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I welcome the statement but again the board are telling us of our role but what of theirs?

Regardless I agree we do all need to pull together and unite to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Okay, I'll go.

Tachemeister, we've been doing our part, if the players and management can just concentrate on doing theirs to the same level that would be great.

Cheers.

:top marks

Barney McGrew
01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Regardless I agree we do all need to pull together and unite to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.

The time for reflection is in the summer. Now is the time to back the team 100%.

Sumner
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Rod Petrie "We all want the same thing for our great Club: success" :rolleyes:

Is he for real? His motivation for years now has been to
bring money in selling any talent = money, money, money,
... only now gate receipts are being hit is the accountant bothered. :grr:

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Spot on.

Years of selling our stars and they didn't expect fans to become frustrated and go elsewhere? Luckily football clubs are unique in that no matter what the product/mentality of those in charge, there will still be the hardcore element showing up week after week. Obviously the dwindling numbers are starting to fully unravel to the board, que the hollow words from the club.

Last night/transfer window was the perfect PR opportunity for the club in encouraging fans back.

zero-seven
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Rods Speech

It would be easy to look back and dwell on the recent unprecedented run of results.
That does not help us. Instead, we need to look forward and make our contribution to our Club's future.
As anticipated by many, there have been some changes to the playing squad. Yes, some players - fans favourites included - have left the Easter Road stage on permanent deals or short term loans. We thank them for their contribution. But we must look forward. We welcome the six new signings in the January Transfer Window and look forward to them playing their part in our Club's future.

We must drive forward together, with confidence and with strength of character. We all know what we can achieve - but actually, we can do better than that if we pull together collectively to make our Club the best it can be.

We all have a role to play. The players take centre stage, directed by the Manager and his coaching staff. It is their performances that can inspire us. But as supporters we also have a role - to create an atmosphere that welcomes and encourages our players to perform at their best.

That positive sporting but robust atmosphere can also intimidate visiting teams. We have all noted the passion and noise generated from the stands this season - a support that, no matter what the results have been, continues to make noise and drive the team on.

Being part of this makes us Hibernian, and with that support, we can motivate players on to better things, to winning games. Let's continue to create that 'home advantage' for our team.

Behind the scenes every member of staff is playing their role too. From Ticket Office to Hospitality to Ground staff and Administration staff, they have all been tremendous and they continue to maintain an enthusiastic and professional presence, dedicated to the cause and wanting only what is best for the Club.

Together we are stronger. We all have a place in shaping the future for our Club. The rest of our season starts now. Let's all play our part.
Rod Petrie
Chairman

Very good speech !

Part of me wants to give him another go ! The other part says enough is enough and rod should still be held accountable for the mess were in !

GGTH
Petrie

you must be held accountable for the current state of affairs..bad decisions have been made by you and others, i realise you have Hibernian in your best interests, but we need a strong team who can challenge for cups and titles, not fight relegation...these players we currently have will never challenge for top honours..you agreed to release our funds to buy them..buck stops with you.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Spot on.

Years of selling our stars and they didn't expect fans to become frustrated and go elsewhere? Luckily football clubs are unique in that no matter what the product/mentality of those in charge, there will still be the hardcore element showing up week after week. Obviously the dwindling numbers are starting to fully unravel to the board, que the hollow words from the club.

Last night/transfer window was the perfect PR opportunity for the club in encouraging fans back.

The players were leaving anyway. Nearly every club is a selling club, the key is getting the best price.

Funds were released to managers and they didn't sign good enough replacements. More alarmingly, our youth development programme has gone into reverse.

Despite what some are making out, Petrie doesn't do everything at the club. However, it appears that if you repeat something enough times it becomes a fact.

ancient hibee
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Hallelujah a new moan:top marks

Beefster
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Fife Hyland writes well, I'll give him that.

marinello59
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
The players were leaving anyway. Nearly every club is a selling club, the key is getting the best price.

Funds were released to managers and they didn't sign good enough replacements. More alarmingly, our youth development programme has gone into reverse.

Despite what some are making out, Petrie doesn't do everything at the club. However, it appears that if you repeat something enough times it becomes a fact.

He does. :agree:
He sold me a couple of pies at the last game and then donned a dayglo jacket and chucked me out for standing up while I ate them.

sesoim
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Will a good speech stop our defence from making basic schoolboy errors? Spending money on a decent CB or two might have.

Sorry to be negative, I will be getting behind the team tomorrow. I have grave concerns that we haven't tackled the real problems at the club, but lets hope a good attiude from everyone can carry us to victory tomorrow, and a few more before the end of the season.

Then come the summer, the big issues can be tackled.

Arch Stanton
01-02-2011, 07:30 PM

As I am not in a position to see what is happening at the core of the club I rely on this forum to try and extract what good information I can. For that reason I am intrigued by your comment on youth development - it had seemed to me that we were still alright on that front, apart from the fact the young up-and-comings were not making it through to the first team. Is that what you are referring to or is there something more systemic?

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Will a good speech stop our defence from making basic schoolboy errors? Spending money on a decent CB or two might have.

Sorry to be negative, I will be getting behind the team tomorrow. I have grave concerns that we haven't tackled the real problems at the club, but lets hope a good attiude from everyone can carry us to victory tomorrow, and a few more before the end of the season.

Then come the summer, the big issues can be tackled.

Its a fair point and , like you, i will be right behind the guys tomorrow night.

PapillonVert
01-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Rods Speech

Rod Petrie
Chairman

Very good speech !

GGTH

My money's still on Colin Firth! :greengrin

jakedance
01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Football is an odd old game where the words we hear from players, managers or chairmen are almost entirely meaningless but that, nonetheless, some people can't help over analysing them anyway.

Nothing wrong with what RP is saying and he's right. We're in a relegation fight and the support needs to change its mindset as much as the players. I'm looking forward to tomorrows game now, I don't expect it to be pretty but if the team and crowd can't be motivated to get stuck in now then we deserve to go down.

macca70
01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm not convinced he's being sincere til I see a Delia smith moment in the centre circle tomorrow with the Tache giving it 'Lets be ave'ing you, C'mon, let's be ave'ing you'

Sumner
01-02-2011, 07:46 PM

Petrie does sell the players though, right? :agree:

And yes repeatedly to the detriment of the product, repeating it, so it becomes a fact?

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Translates as:

"We've made a total arse of things for about a year. But never mind all that and the money you've thrown away watching dross. Spend some more to see if we can turgidly claw our way out of the mess we've gotten ourselves into. Then we can enjoy another 'transitional year' where we can expect to challenge for a top six berth. Progress indeed, and exciting times to be part of the Hibernian family."

Or am I being tad cruel?

Spike Mandela
01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Insincere patronising piffle.

The Hibs supporters will be here long after the likes of Mr Petrie, Lindsay et al have moved on to better corporate oppurtunities.

We won't tell you how to run the accounts of a football club if you don't tell us how to support our team which most of us have done all our life.

C'mon the Hibs:flag:

new malkyhib
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
What a beautiful piece of introspection - moved me to tears that did. Two statements in a little over a fortnight. Cannae wait for the next one.

If Hearts were scrabbling around the bottom of the league, and that kind of stuff was coming out of Tynecastle we'd all be doubled up with laughter on here.

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
A serious question,

Why do some of you guys bother when it makes you so unhappy?

I'm genuinely interested because a lot of you dont believe a word that your told and suspect that you are being fleeced by the owners, who are self serving carpet baggers, to the extent where its almost abuse.

HFC 0-7
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
A serious question,

I'm genuinely interested because a lot of you dont believe a word that your told and suspect that you are being fleeced by the owners, who are self serving carpet baggers, to the extent where its almost abuse.

I didnt mind the message from Rod, thought it was OK, but for you to question people about why they are bothering when they are so unhappy is silly. They support Hibs and have their views. They will always support hibs which means there will probably be periods when they will have to endure what they see as bad management. IMO not bothering because of a chairman they dont trust would be the crazy thing to do.

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I didnt mind the message from Rod, thought it was OK, but for you to question people about why they are bothering when they are so unhappy is silly. They support Hibs and have their views. They will always support hibs which means there will probably be periods when they will have to endure what they see as bad management. IMO not bothering because of a chairman they dont trust would be the crazy thing to do.

Fair enough.

Its just that for Hibs this is nothing new. Why stick it out when other clubs seem to do everything much better than we do?

hibsbollah
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
My main gripe with all that Riefenstahl-esque propaganda is him having the nerve to brag about the appalling 'hospitality' at ER:rolleyes:

'Hospitality staff have been tremendous' have they Rod?

Not in the new improved 21st century east stand they haven't:grr::grr: Crap service, crap quality crap choice and undermanned. Buy all the Sodje's the transfer window allows, its a decent pie I want:na na:

snooky
01-02-2011, 09:12 PM
My money's still on Colin Firth! :greengrin

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-brilliant :wink:

monktonharp
01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Joking aside it's well intentioned.

A huge part of pur problem is confidence and anxiety. If the guys go out expecting moans and boos at the first mis-placed pass or miss then they won't be able to get out of this.

We need to draw a line under it all now and try and keep all that away fromthe players.

I've been critical of our role in getting here in the first place. I think some of the 'duds' have gotten that way due to being petrified as a result of us not giving them many chances. We can't play a part in our own demise here and although I know that we nomrally just react to what we are seeing we need to try and temper our reaction on the day!awrite, i'm calm,i'm calm. at least till 7:45PM THE MORRA!

joebakerforever
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Translates as:

"We've made a total arse of things for about a year. But never mind all that and the money you've thrown away watching dross. Spend some more to see if we can turgidly claw our way out of the mess we've gotten ourselves into. Then we can enjoy another 'transitional year' where we can expect to challenge for a top six berth. Progress indeed, and exciting times to be part of the Hibernian family."

Or am I being tad cruel?

Cruelly succinct :agree:

down the slope
01-02-2011, 09:47 PM
A serious question,

Sorry Rod, i hate being told by anyone especially when the evidence in front of my eyes tells me otherwise.

Wakeyhibee
01-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Friends, Hibernians, Countrymen !!!! lend me your wallets

marleyhib
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Doesn't cut it for me.

1. he didn't write it
2. full of footballing cliche's

Sorry Rod you had a role too and you royally f***ed it up.

Leave

Andy74
01-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Doesn't cut it for me.

1. he didn't write it
2. full of footballing cliche's

Sorry Rod you had a role too and you royally f***ed it up.

Leave

Of course he didn't write it. No chairmen or people at that level draft these things. He'll have asked for at and at least signed it off. Who cares, it's the right message at this stage.

hibsbollah
01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
No chairmen or people at that level draft these things.

Nonsense. Lots of senior people draft their own statements. It depends if you have the ability.

marleyhib
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Of course he didn't write it. No chairmen or people at that level draft these things. He'll have asked for at and at least signed it off. Who cares, it's the right message at this stage.

A message that says nothing remotely, blah blah blah

khib70
01-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Insincere patronising piffle.

The Hibs supporters will be here long after the likes of Mr Petrie, Lindsay et al have moved on to better corporate oppurtunities.

We won't tell you how to run the accounts of a football club if you don't tell us how to support our team which most of us have done all our life.

C'mon the Hibs:flag:

:top marks Very well said

Sloganising, patronising PR speak. The kind of dross that overpriced "motivation trainers" spew out at corporate "team building" meetings. As you say, we know how to support Hibs.

I'll be there tomorrow and behind the team like I always am.

Petrie can take a running one at himself.

:flag::flag:

nortonhibby
01-02-2011, 10:33 PM

RP Must have attended the same school as comical ali if he thinks we will swallow this guff, 6 out and 6 in at a profit well done RP once again you have made money but at what cost in the long term.:flag:

ScottB
01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Honestly, folk have been demanding statements from the Board for months, this would be the third I think, and they've only served to create more moaning or be dismissed as lies.

Does anybody actually think Petrie is sat somewhere surrounded by piles of cash shouting 'fools!' at the top of his lungs?

If he is solely interested in the balance sheet, why do we spend £2million a year more than we bring in as it is (before any of the many spending sprees folk have demanded) then?

Remembering that, and factoring in the complete lack of cup runs this year, anyone who thinks we are 'in profit' after the transfer window is nuts. We've lost a fortune this year make no mistake.

And if all he does care about is the business side, who reckons he'd think relegation would be good business sense?

Things have all gotten a bit bloody carried away around here, with folk flying off on rants about stuff that they have no idea as to whether it happened or not. Nobodies saying things are going well, but this poisonous blame game that's been working its way through every level of the club has gone on long enough and will not help our quest for survival.

TheEastTerrace
01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
The club has obviously noted the fans' desire for communication from a board level, so fair enough. For those who have pointed out that he probably didn't write it - you're right, he didn't, but that's why communications/PR teams exist in organisations. His sentiments most likely will have been woven by either Fyfe or Elaine.

The issue for me is that this has all come far too late in the day from Hibs.
Petrie has said pretty much eff-all in an official media capacity, or through the club's comms channels, during an abysmal 12 month period for Hibs that has now resulted in a relegation dog-fight and the fans divided into factions about who is to blame.

We've been on a downward spiral for more than a year now, but now that the fans are walking away in their droves and the coffers are not quite ticking over as the board would like, the impassioned pleas of 'we are in this together' and 'we're all part of the family', to paraphrase Petrie's statements, are suddenly trotted out to tug at the emotional strings of the fans. You'll forgive me if I'm a little cynical about the motives and I don't buy it for one moment.

From where I stand, the camel's back has been broken well before now. I don't believe a word they say, because in this modern-day footballing pantheon full of liars, cheats, over-inflated egos, scammers, and false dawns/promises, it's the fans who always get ******ed.

Yours,

A. Cynic.

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
2 statements in a fortnight..

Looks like he's getting some practice in for the 1st Division Rallying Call :taxi

Jonnyboy
01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
He does. :agree:
He sold me a couple of pies at the last game and then donned a dayglo jacket and chucked me out for standing up while I ate them.

:faf:

Peevemor
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Honestly, folk have been demanding statements from the Board for months, this would be the third I think, and they've only served to create more moaning or be dismissed as lies.

Does anybody actually think Petrie is sat somewhere surrounded by piles of cash shouting 'fools!' at the top of his lungs?

If he is solely interested in the balance sheet, why do we spend £2million a year more than we bring in as it is (before any of the many spending sprees folk have demanded) then?

Remembering that, and factoring in the complete lack of cup runs this year, anyone who thinks we are 'in profit' after the transfer window is nuts. We've lost a fortune this year make no mistake.

And if all he does care about is the business side, who reckons he'd think relegation would be good business sense?

Things have all gotten a bit bloody carried away around here, with folk flying off on rants about stuff that they have no idea as to whether it happened or not. Nobodies saying things are going well, but this poisonous blame game that's been working its way through every level of the club has gone on long enough and will not help our quest for survival.

marleyhib
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
The club has obviously noted the fans' desire for communication from a board level, so fair enough. For those who have pointed out that he probably didn't write it - you're right, he didn't, but that's why communications/PR teams exist in organisations. His sentiments most likely will have been woven by either Fyfe or Elaine.

Petrie has said pretty much eff-all in an official media capacity, or through the club's comms channels, during an abysmal 12 month period for Hibs that has now resulted in a relegation dog-fight and the fans divided into factions about who is to blame.

We've been on a downward spiral for more than a year now, but now that the fans are walking away in their droves and the coffers are quite ticking over as the board would like, the impassioned pleas of 'we are in this together' and 'we're all part of the family', to paraphrase Petrie's statements, are suddenly trotted out to tug at the emotional strings of the fans. You'll forgive me if I'm a little cynical about the motives and I don't buy it for one moment.

From where I stand, the camel's back has been broken well before now. I don't believe a word they say, because in this modern-day footballing pantheon full of liars, cheats, over-inflated egos, scammers, and false dawns/promises, it's the fans who always get ******ed.

Yours,

A. Cynic.

Well said mate.

Are we all too unmotivated to actually complain or protest about what has happened to Hibs in the last year?

Our worst run ever without a goal ever, the direst football on the park in a generation yet everyone vents (me included) on message boards and chat rooms but doesn't protest at the club.

I find what has happened in the last year unacceptable and I blame the board, yes protesting may do nothing, I protested outside the main stand when Duffy was royally shafting us, admittedly there weren't many others.

For me it's time for a radical change, for many patience is running thin we are chronic under performers based on our attendances.

Maybe I am being unrealistic, maybe its not financially sensible, but these days there are a lot of things for kids to do other than watch really dire football and they are the future of our club. If we get as bad as we were when I was a kid in the early 80s I fear for our future.

nortonhibby
01-02-2011, 10:45 PM

We've been on a downward spiral for more than a year now, but now that the fans are walking away in their droves and the coffers are quite ticking over as the board would like, the impassioned pleas of 'we are in this together' and 'we're all part of the family', to paraphrase Petrie's statements, are suddenly trotted out to tug at the emotional strings of the fans. You'll forgive me if I'm a little cynical about the motives and I don't buy it for one moment.

Yours,

A. Cynic.

but the hospitality staff are doing a great job note they get the first praise from RP obviously they bring in the most money.

You could not make it up.

:taxi for Petrie ( at the clubs costs ) well no chance of him paying for it is there:confused:

Bad Martini
01-02-2011, 11:02 PM
If you want to address the people Rod, try watching this video and seeing how a football man speaks from his heart and watch the people and how they react to sincerity. He had the decency to state all this, AFTER doing the job and winning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdOLFSU&feature=player_embedded

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager, and the supporters. Directors don't come into it" - aye, Shanks said that too. And never a truer word spoken.

You dont preach to the punters who already know the script. You lot stick to your end of the bargain - get us the best players you can, have someone play them in position and get the tactics right - you bring US some results and WE, we'll do our bit and we'll make sure your pockets are collectively lined.

WE don't have a problem with that. We do have a problem with paying for pish and having someone tell us WE need to draw a line under it. Aye, we'll do that as it goes but lets be clear; the problem does NOT lie with the Hibernian Support and never has. It's almost ALWAYS come from other fronts....if it wisnae for the support there would BE nae Hibs. Remember that before telling the people what to do.

ENDOF

BEEJ
01-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Sloganising, patronising PR speak. The kind of dross that overpriced "motivation trainers" spew out at corporate "team building" meetings. As you say, we know how to support Hibs.

I'll be there tomorrow and behind the team like I always am.

Petrie can take a running one at himself.
I can understand why folks are less than enthused by RP's statement. For one thing the timing is unfortunate as it smacks of "well that's me done my bit, now over to you guys".

But if we accept that it's only right for a chairman to make a rallying call of this type when the club for which he is responsible is in such dire form, then what should he have said? :confused:

(To save time, let's assume that "I resign" was not ever an option. :wink:)

marleyhib
01-02-2011, 11:14 PM
If you want to address the people Rod, try watching this video and seeing how a football man speaks from his heart and watch the people and how they react to sincerity. He had the decency to state all this, AFTER doing the job and winning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdOLFSU&feature=player_embedded

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager, and the supporters. Directors don't come into it" - aye, Shanks said that too. And never a truer word spoken.

You dont preach to the punters who already know the script. You lot stick to your end of the bargain - get us the best players you can, have someone play them in position and get the tactics right - you bring US some results and WE, we'll do our bit and we'll make sure your pockets are collectively lined.

WE don't have a problem with that. We do have a problem with paying for pish and having someone tell us WE need to draw a line under it. Aye, we'll do that as it goes but lets be clear; the problem does NOT lie with the Hibernian Support and never has. It's almost ALWAYS come from other fronts....if it wisnae for the support there would BE nae Hibs. Remember that before telling the people what to do.

ENDOF

Well said mate, bottom line is he can't call for us do do our bit after he has removed every last ounce of talent we have. I know for a fact that people within Easter Road feel that Petrie has got the balance wrong and that we now have lots of players whose contracts are running out and couldn't give a flying ****** about Hibs.

FFS this is the SPL it's not rocket science.

We are the club not the board.

nortonhibby
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I can understand why folks are less than enthused by RP's statement. For one thing the timing is unfortunate as it smacks of "well that's me done my bit, now over to you guys".

But if we accept that it's only right for a chairman to make a rallying call of this type when the club for which he is responsible is in such dire form, then what should he have said? :confused:

(To save time, let's assume that "I resign" was not ever an option. :wink:)

RP Resign you are having a laugh, he has his nice big house in Kings Road Longniddry and his 200k per year plus bonuses wages.

No RP Would rather blame us and try to get us to rise to hise speech:confused:

Sorry RP We know know what you are about. And CC Will be the end of you the cheap option does not always work Mr Petrie

ScottB
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
RP Resign you are having a laugh, he has his nice big house in Kings Road Longniddry and his 200k per year plus bonuses wages.

Sorry RP We know know what you are about. And CC Will be the end of you the cheap option does not always work Mr Petrie

In what way was CC the cheap option? He cost a six figure sum in compo to Newcastle.

Honestly, do folk even know what they are complaining about anymore or do they just jump on the first bandwagon to roll by?

marinello59
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM

To be fair I don't think he has actually blamed the fans. (Is being fair allowed?) He is just saying what most here would say, the fans backing is going to be vital over the next few months.

Removed
01-02-2011, 11:35 PM

You should change your name to Jekyll and Hyde. Your first posts were so supportive of the board I actually thought you were one of them undercover. Then we get the above and what you have been posting lately. Are you playing some sort of strange game :confused:

marinello59
01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
You should change your name to Jekyll and Hyde. Your first posts were so supportive of the board I actually thought you were one of them undercover. Then we get the above and what you have been posting lately. Are you playing some sort of strange game :confused:

You surely don't mean naked badger wrestling? :shocked:

Removed
01-02-2011, 11:44 PM
You surely don't mean naked badger wrestling? :shocked:

:greengrin Is that the latest fun nite out in the granite city

Check out the posts though :hmmm: Here are a couple and plenty more where they came from.

I Have sat in front off him in the directors box i have never seen him smile he is a deep thinking inteligent man he is also very prudent he has the clubs interest and bank balance on his shoulders lay off him he has provided us with the 3rd best stadium in Scotland the best training Acadamy in Scotland and a healthy bank balance

We only need 3 players of real quality to turn this team round RP Will sanction the funds for these deals and they are not panic buys wait till the end off this month you will be calling RP A genius be patient.

All coming from England please be patient i cant release my source its worth the wait trust in CC

Baw187
01-02-2011, 11:46 PM
What a load of horse some of this stuff is. The board aren't perfect by any means but they have clearly provided every resource they can to help improve the team, especially during a period where revenues have fallen as a result of pish cup runs, less player sales, and an economic crisis. The problem has been with the quality of players brought in by some of the managers and the lack of youth coming through, not with the funds provided by the board.

Wake up for Christ sake and get ****ing real! In what reality do teams like Hibs have the resources to buy established players at any level? Especially when any player that shows any kind of promise in the SPL is sniffed out by Premiership, Championship and league one teams who can spend more on a player than our team makes in a year!

All SPL teams rely on getting a manager with a savi head and who can identify potential in up and coming players from lesser known teams and reserve leagues. Then there's the luck element that you'll find a couple of gems. That's the long and short of it, and if you think that Petrie hasn't supported our managers in that particular market place you clearly don't have a scooby.

As for Petrie's statement, what is wrong with appealing to fans who are turning up week in week out and dishing out dogs abuse to him and the (clearly limited) players, and asking them to try and get behind the team?? Again, who doesn't think that the constant booing doesn't have an affect of already fragile confidence?? Yes, some of the players are compete Brad Pitt but some (yes only some) actually do try and we need to support them and encourage those that could do better than they currently are. Petrie has it spot on in my view. We are where we are and we have a responsibility to play our part in getting us out of there by actually turning up to games and supporting the team.

marinello59
01-02-2011, 11:49 PM
:greengrin Is that the latest fun nite out in the granite city

Only if you can find a badger suit that fits and a really drunken hen night. :agree:

erin go bragh
01-02-2011, 11:52 PM
cmon the famous hi bees,lets get stuck right into these st mudden ****s and well done rod for at least saying something , and yes me and the laddie will be there giving our team as much backing as my voice will allow[starts croaking after a good few songs/must be my age lol]
ggtth:flag:

down the slope
02-02-2011, 12:02 AM
What a load of horse some of this stuff is. The board aren't perfect by any means but they have clearly provided every resource they can to help improve the team, especially during a period where revenues have fallen as a result of pish cup runs, less player sales, and an economic crisis. The problem has been with the quality of players brought in by some of the managers and the lack of youth coming through, not with the funds provided by the board.

Wake up for Christ sake and get ****ing real! In what reality do teams like Hibs have the resources to buy established players at any level? Especially when any player that shows any kind of promise in the SPL is sniffed out by Premiership, Championship and league one teams who can spend more on a player than our team makes in a year!

All SPL teams rely on getting a manager with a savi head and who can identify potential in up and coming players from lesser known teams and reserve leagues. Then there's the luck element that you'll find a couple of gems. That's the long and short of it, and if you think that Petrie hasn't supported our managers in that particular market place you clearly don't have a scooby.

As for Petrie's statement, what is wrong with appealing to fans who are turning up week in week out and dishing out dogs abuse to him and the (clearly limited) players, and asking them to try and get behind the team?? Again, who doesn't think that the constant booing doesn't have an affect of already fragile confidence?? Yes, some of the players are compete Brad Pitt but some (yes only some) actually do try and we need to support them and encourage those that could do better than they currently are. Petrie has it spot on in my view. We are where we are and we have a responsibility to play our part in getting us out of there by actually turning up to games and supporting the

team.

So you think Petrie has it spot on !, we are where we are because of him and his complete lack of anything remotely football shaped. He is a money man who has made a tidy sum from us down the years and only when the gravy train is heading for the buffers does he decide to do something. Don't forget he was so engrossed in changing the league set up and telling US what we will watch in future that he ignored the crisis that was on his doorstep. His tenure has been sloppy and shambolic especially of late and to come out bleating with this patronising crap is a bit much. All this has happened on his watch -he and no one else is responsible for the position we now find ourselves in and believe me his days are numbered whatever he does.

matty_f
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
What is important isn't how much we spend on players, it is that the right players are signed. If we can get the players the manager has identified within our budget, or cheaper then surely that has to go down as a good thing?
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and three next few games will tell us how good the business in this window has or hasn't been.

Fwiw, mowbray used his knowledge of the english leagues to build a team very cheaply, with players none of us had heard of, and they turned out to be one of the best hibs sides I can remember.

If cald has the same eye for a player, then it really doesn't matter if he spends big or gets bargains, so long as they improve the club.

lEXO
02-02-2011, 12:21 AM

As for Petrie's statement, what is wrong with appealing to fans who are turning up week in week out and dishing out dogs abuse to him and the (clearly limited) players, and asking them to try and get behind the team?? Again, who doesn't think that the constant booing doesn't have an affect of already fragile confidence?? Yes, some of the players are compete Brad Pitt but some (yes only some) actually do try and we need to support them and encourage those that could do better than they currently are. Petrie has it spot on in my view. We are where we are and we have a responsibility to play our part in getting us out of there by actually turning up to games and supporting the team.
:top marksRod has said pretty much the same as a lot of people on here have been saying.Lets get behind the team when they really need us, and they really need us now.Maybe if the people who turn up stopped booing and abusing the players and gave them encouragement they might loosen up a bit and play better.Easter Road has been a pretty dismal place to go for a while now and that is not just down to the players.
Every thread asking for a show of unity from us is full of doom and gloomers only looking at negatives.We need to show a bit of solidarity and get behind OUR team and back them to get out of this mess. That is not just turning up at games, it,s getting behind them.So to the guy along from me who abused Degraff for the full half time warm up at the last game, not only is he gone now i hope you put as much effort into supporting the team.
FFS lets scare the **** out of the teams that come to ER between now and the end of the season instead of our own team.We have the numbers the teams around us would love to have, lets start putting it to use.

SmokieJoe
02-02-2011, 12:28 AM
He has finally realised he carries the can if we get relagated, so he is doing as much as his accountant mind lets him, but fair play i say.

He has made mistakes and now he realises that it is indeed squeeky bum time for us.

Lets do our bit as he asks and get behind the team, no prejudices no preconceived thoughts of failure.
Let us play our part in the afore mentioned trinity.

snooky
02-02-2011, 12:36 AM
He has finally realised he carries the can if we get relagated, so he is doing as much as his accountant mind lets him, but fair play i say.

He has made mistakes and now he realises that it is indeed squeeky bum time for us.

Lets do our bit as he asks and get behind the team, no prejudices no preconceived thoughts of failure.
Let us play our part in the afore mentioned trinity.

The father (RP), the Son (CC) and the Holy Smoke where have all the supporters gone?

joebakerforever
02-02-2011, 01:55 AM
In what way was CC the cheap option? He cost a six figure sum in compo to Newcastle.

Honestly, do folk even know what they are complaining about anymore or do they just jump on the first bandwagon to roll by?

Mind pointing out where the Club has published this information ?

greenlex
02-02-2011, 02:52 AM
My main gripe with all that Riefenstahl-esque propaganda is him having the nerve to brag about the appalling 'hospitality' at ER:rolleyes:

'Hospitality staff have been tremendous' have they Rod?

Not in the new improved 21st century east stand they haven't:grr::grr: Crap service, crap quality crap choice and undermanned. Buy all the Sodje's the transfer window allows, its a decent pie I want:na na:

So what have you done about your appalling experience if your pie at ER?
Anything? Have you just tucked your experience away for a rainy day and get it off your chest when the opportunity arose? Complain if it's that bad or would you rather just snipe away on here thinking how clever you have been?

SaudiHibby
02-02-2011, 05:04 AM
get more of a chance getting in touch with Bin laden.

That's actually not as difficult as you think yannee. Osama here, GGTTH :thumbsup:

sven nil
02-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Anything? Have you just tucked your experience away for a rainy day and get it off your chest when the opportunity arose? Complain if it's that bad or would you rather just snipe away on here thinking how clever you have been?

It seems to me they were replying to topic, why did you feel the need to butt in?

greenlex
02-02-2011, 05:17 AM
It seems to me they were replying to topic, why did you feel the need to butt in?

It seems to me moaners moan and most seem to be negative about it. Pies FFS Some posters never miss an opportunity to have a go. Petrie s damned if he dies and damned if he doesn't. Pies FFS.
The poster has taken the opportunity to have a pop on here instead of doing something about it. It's almost like they enjoy it. They feel the need tobe miserable/ outraged or negative. I feel the need to butt in as you put it t as it is petty in it's nature.
Why did you feel the need to comment?

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Sorry Rod, i hate being told by anyone especially when the evidence in front of my eyes tells me otherwise.

What evidence would this be?

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 06:58 AM

This point alone makes your other points dubious at best. .

If you want rid of him buy out Farmer.

Gatecrasher
02-02-2011, 07:20 AM

Folk need to calm down and get behind the club :agree:

down the slope
02-02-2011, 07:43 AM
What evidence would this be?

Our league position.

Baw187
02-02-2011, 07:46 AM
So you think Petrie has it spot on !, we are where we are because of him and his complete lack of anything remotely football shaped. He is a money man who has made a tidy sum from us down the years and only when the gravy train is heading for the buffers does he decide to do something. Don't forget he was so engrossed in changing the league set up and telling US what we will watch in future that he ignored the crisis that was on his doorstep. His tenure has been sloppy and shambolic especially of late and to come out bleating with this patronising crap is a bit much. All this has happened on his watch -he and no one else is responsible for the position we now find ourselves in and believe me his days are numbered whatever he does.

I think he's done what he can to support the managers financially, yes. And let's not beat around the bush here, that is the main gripe of Hibs fans. That he hasn't mustered up some kind of magic money pot to bring in Fernando Torres esque signings. He's maybe been culpable in his hiring and handling of managers but there have been some fairly poor outside influences there too. The players effectively hounded Collins out (yes Rod should have supported him) and the fans hounded Mixu out with our oh so wonderful support. Attendances dropped because Mixu wasn't playing the TM free flowing football and Rod took action to try and save that position as we rely on our attendances to keep going and spend he money to keep the hoard happy.

Yes the support of our team is key to getting us out this situation and Rod, CC, or whoever have every right to appeal to fans for more support.

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Our league position.

On that basis alone Yogi was a success? Right?

hibsbollah
02-02-2011, 07:51 AM

I think you need to lighten up and recognise when someone's got their tongue in their cheek:rolleyes:

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 07:51 AM
You make some good points as well but the oft repeated one that Rod did not support Collins is wrong IMHO.

I think he's done what he can to support the managers financially, yes. And let's not beat around the bush here, that is the main gripe of Hibs fans. That he hasn't mustered up some kind of magic money pot to bring in Fernando Torres esque signings. He's maybe been culpable in his hiring and handling of managers but there have been some fairly poor outside influences there too. The players effectively hounded Collins out (yes Rod should have supported him) and the fans hounded Mixu out with our oh so wonderful support. Attendances dropped because Mixu wasn't playing the TM free flowing football and Rod took action to try and save that position as we rely on our attendances to keep going and spend he money to keep the hoard happy.

Yes the support of our team is key to getting us out this situation and Rod, CC, or whoever have every right to appeal to fans for more support.

Thomson
02-02-2011, 08:09 AM
When it comes to tacheman. One quote comes to mind.

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
Laurence J. Peter
:thumbsup:

hibiedude
02-02-2011, 08:32 AM

If he would stick a team on the park that we could get behind ....might be a start

This is all about falling numbers on matchday because Gate Receipts must be well down.

I'll pay my money tonight but this rubbish can't continue

Baw187
02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
You make some good points as well but the oft repeated one that Rod did not support Collins is wrong IMHO.

Fair enough and to be honest I don't know if he did or he didn't. On the face of it, you may have expected that he'd have taken a harder stance with the players, however, I for one don't know the details.

In any case the point was really a concession to the main points I was trying make.

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Fair enough and to be honest I don't know if he did or he didn't. On the face of it, you may have expected that he'd have taken a harder stance with the players, however, I for one don't know the details.

In any case the point was really a concession to the main points I was trying make.

I agree with you

This report was taken from the Scotsman site.

April 2007: Collins is rocked by a player revolt after the majority of his squad met chairman Rod Petrie behind his back to voice concerns about his managerial methods. However, the chairman refused to bow to the players and gave Collins his full support. The majority of fans appear to back the manager. Jones issues a public apology to the manager and insists the matter is resolved.

jacomo
02-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Fife Hyland writes well, I'll give him that.

Can you imagine Rod actually saying that first paragraph? It's just not him, is it?

Anyhoo, the club have both tried to have a dialogue with the fans and brought in some new players this window to try and turn the season around, which is what most fans were asking for. Mon the Hibs.

robinp
02-02-2011, 09:44 AM

:cool2:

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good old witch hunt, taken from the independantly audited accounts to July 2010 (the most recent set available) Note the PAY CUT he has taken of £50k!:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3382/62210149.jpg

Big Frank
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good old witch hunt, taken from the independantly audited accounts to July 2010 (the most recent set available) Note the PAY CUT he has taken of £50k!:

I think his role is different from before Robin. Stand to be corrected though.

sKipper
02-02-2011, 11:01 AM
What a load of horse some of this stuff is. The board aren't perfect by any means but they have clearly provided every resource they can to help improve the team...........................................

Istopped reading there :rolleyes:

How can anyone be so gullible ? :confused:

down the slope
02-02-2011, 11:11 AM
On that basis alone Yogi was a success? Right?

If you think so then that just about sums it up, i don't buy into this sudden "love in " from Petrie, we have hardly heard a cheep from those that run us and suddenly we get two messages within a fortnight as they know there ass is on the line. As for him ONLY taking 75k now you forgot to add on the 11k pension payment 15k benefits in kind whatever that is and wait for it-a bonus of 5k ! my heart bleeds for him.
All this sudden together we are stronger bollocks sticks in my craw as he has been away with his OF pals cooking up the next league structure without even a nod in our direction and then he comes out with this in the latest statement " We all have a place in shaping the future for our Club. ", Oh is that so , i and thousands of others of our fans would like to help to shape the future of our club but these are just weasel words him to try and fob us off again.

Kaiser1962
02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
If you think so then that just about sums it up, i don't buy into this sudden "love in " from Petrie, we have hardly heard a cheep from those that run us and suddenly we get two messages within a fortnight as they know there ass is on the line. As for him ONLY taking 75k now you forgot to add on the 11k pension payment 15k benefits in kind whatever that is and wait for it-a bonus of 5k ! my heart bleeds for him.
All this sudden together we are stronger bollocks sticks in my craw as he has been away with his OF pals cooking up the next league structure without even a nod in our direction and then he comes out with this in the latest statement " We all have a place in shaping the future for our Club. ", Oh is that so , i and thousands of others of our fans would like to help to shape the future of our club but these are just weasel words him to try and fob us off again.

...............and..........breathe..............: greengrin

marinello59
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM

You really hate him don't you?:greengrin

Ray_
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM

We now also pay a CE & pay him, before that RP had both roles.

jacomo
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM

This is a separate but valid issue, IMO. I can understand Rod doesn't want to talk about the new SPL plan independently, but his fingerprints are all over this stupid 10+12 idea.

steakbake
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM

Pretty much my view of it, but I'm not as enraged. I'm just resigned. He's going nowhere, I'd suggest.

These statements have come out as an act of self-preservation. Nothing more to it than that.

That said, I'll be there tonight and hoping the lads pick up 3 points and we start to see things improving. In the medium to long term though, I can't really see where Petrie is taking us. He clearly has a great deal of control at the club and if what is read can be believed, he's a micro-manager. We'll only ever get so far with that kind of direction.

Keith_M
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm not convinced he's being sincere til I see a Delia smith moment in the centre circle tomorrow with the Tache giving it 'Lets be ave'ing you, C'mon, let's be ave'ing you'

Were you at ER earlier in the season when Grant Stott tried that? Boy, that was cringeworthy. A rallying call in the middle of the pitch, greeted by total silence. Please Grant, don't try that again.

ancient hibee
02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Petrie is eveything that's wrong with football.When Brown,Thomson and Whittaker were transferred I know for A FACT that they pleaded with him to extend their contracts to the maximum-and even offered to take less money but he said "no you've got to go and earn 10 times what you're getting now whether you want to or not".He also hired Collins,Mixu and Yogi-none of whom were ever wanted by the knowledgeable Hibs netters and signed Stokes and Miller and resigned Riordan and Murray much to our rage.And blow me does he not turn out thinly disguised at centre half against D.U. and look as if he's never seen a football.

Petrie must go.

jacomo
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Petrie is eveything that's wrong with football.When Brown,Thomson and Whittaker were transferred I know for A FACT that they pleaded with him to extend their contracts to the maximum-and even offered to take less money but he said "no you've got to go and earn 10 times what you're getting now whether you want to or not".He also hired Collins,Mixu and Yogi-none of whom were ever wanted by the knowledgeable Hibs netters and signed Stokes and Miller and resigned Riordan and Murray much to our rage.And blow me does he not turn out thinly disguised at centre half against D.U. and look as if he's never seen a football.

Petrie must go.

Pretty sure he invented the vuvuzela and wrote the Qatar World Cup bid too, as well as representing Emmanuel Adebayor, Kyle Lafferty and El Hadj Diouf.

Pretty strong rumour going round that he was the "third man" in the now infamous sexist banter between Andy Gray and Richard Keys, but got edited out of the tapes released to the press due to his close friendship with Rupert Murdoch.

Shameless behaviour.

ancient hibee
02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Pretty sure he invented the vuvuzela and wrote the Qatar World Cup bid too, as well as representing Emmanuel Adebayor, Kyle Lafferty and El Hadj Diouf.

Pretty strong rumour going round that he was the "third man" in the now infamous sexist banter between Andy Gray and Richard Keys, but got edited out of the tapes released to the press due to his close friendship with Rupert Murdoch.

Shameless behaviour.

However,I regret to report that his friendship with Rupert has not stopped him refusing Rupert's bid for the Hibs .He just does not believe that Murdoch wants to turn the conquerors of Barcelona and Real Madrid into the biggest club in the world.

jacomo
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
However,I regret to report that his friendship with Rupert has not stopped him refusing Rupert's bid for the Hibs .He just does not believe that Murdoch wants to turn the conquerors of Barcelona and Real Madrid into the biggest club in the world.

Typical short-sightedness from our man Petrie, I'm afraid. GTF.

Baw187
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM

Petrie must go.

Top drawer.

down the slope
02-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Pretty much my view of it, but I'm not as enraged. I'm just resigned. He's going nowhere, I'd suggest.

These statements have come out as an act of self-preservation. Nothing more to it than that.

That said, I'll be there tonight and hoping the lads pick up 3 points and we start to see things improving. In the medium to long term though, I can't really see where Petrie is taking us. He clearly has a great deal of control at the club and if what is read can be believed, he's a micro-manager. We'll only ever get so far with that kind of direction.

I will also be there tonight but not because he asked me , i have watched Hibs long before he came on the scene and i hope i will watch them long after he has gone , that is if the blood pressure holds out !. As for hating him that is to strong as he has his attributes such as re- building the stadium, i just think he knows nowt about football.

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Shameless behaviour.

And such is his obvious influence he bullied News International into not revealing his name. Murdoch (Rupert not Colin) shat himself.

It makes sense now.

ScottB
02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Mind pointing out where the Club has published this information ?

It was in the Scotsman at the time, on my phone so don't fancy hunting for it!

joebakerforever
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
It was in the Scotsman at the time, on my phone so don't fancy hunting for it!

So it was in the newspapers so it must true eh, just like Gordon Waddell's stuff in Sunday Mail must be :wink:

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
It seems to me moaners moan and most seem to be negative about it. Pies FFS Some posters never miss an opportunity to have a go. Petrie s damned if he dies and damned if he doesn't. Pies FFS.
The poster has taken the opportunity to have a pop on here instead of doing something about it. It's almost like they enjoy it. They feel the need tobe miserable/ outraged or negative. I feel the need to butt in as you put it t as it is petty in it's nature.
Why did you feel the need to comment?

Sorry, that bit made me :tee hee: You're probably right tho' :wink:

ScottB
02-02-2011, 06:31 PM
So it was in the newspapers so it must true eh, just like Gordon Waddell's stuff in Sunday Mail must be :wink:

If you believe anything in the Sunday Ranger more fool you ;)

A Scotsman piece with quotes from the club is believable enough for me. In any case, he was an under contract Coach at an EPL club, the original assertion that this made him 'the cheap option was what I objected to.

joebakerforever
02-02-2011, 06:42 PM
If you believe anything in the Sunday Ranger more fool you ;)

A Scotsman piece with quotes from the club is believable enough for me. In any case, he was an under contract Coach at an EPL club, the original assertion that this made him 'the cheap option was what I objected to.

So your slavering about a six figure sum is not directly from a Club press release.

A rather snobbishly naive view to assume that The Scotsman always print the truth and The Sunday Mail always churns out lies :wink:

Anyway I'm offski to ER now - are you ?

ScottB
02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
So your slavering about a six figure sum is not directly from a Club press release.

A rather snobbishly naive view to assume that The Scotsman always print the truth and The Sunday Mail always churns out lies :wink:

Anyway I'm offski to ER now - are you ?

Slavering? Very mature response.

Fine then, behold the story in the Scotsman, an interview with Rod himself, but clearly it is 'slavering nonsense' as it is published in the press? Or is that because you don't want to accept the fact that the Board paid cash for CC's services?

'HIBERNIAN chairman Rod Petrie last night hailed the managerial appointment of Colin Calderwood as "a coup" for the Easter Road club and is convinced the former Scotland defender can establish them as the third force in Scottish football.

Calderwood has signed a three-year contract to become Hibs' eighth manager in the past ten years after Petrie negotiated a six-figure compensation fee to release the 45-year-old from his role as Newcastle United assistant manager.'

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Colin-Calderwood-39coup39-can-establish.6587705.jp

Not that it's any of your business, or that it has any influence over my ability to express opinion, I won't be along tonight, as I work in Glasgow during the week.

joebakerforever
03-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Not a direct quote from Petrie btw.

Sorry you missed the game tonight.

It was great and the noise the support made ? - well you really needed to be there to fully appreciate it :aok:

The Falcon
03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Not a direct quote from Petrie btw.

Sorry you missed the game tonight.

It was great and the noise the support made ? - well you really needed to be there to fully appreciate it :aok:

A lot of people cant be there for various legitimate reasons however, ER was a good place to be again