PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 12th Man - In this season of ‘Statements from the ….’ here's ours!

Hibs12thMan
25-01-2011, 05:37 PM
In this season of ‘Statements from the ….’ here's ours! :greengrin

The Hibs 12th Man think it only fair to point out that the supporters known as the Singing Section are not the only supporters that sing at either Easter Road or the Hibs end at away matches. The Singing Section and Hibs 12th Man do not have the exclusive rights for being in the part of Easter Road set aside for singers.

The Hibs 12th Man think it also fair to say the competition the Singing Section has from a group that sing the songs the Singing Section won’t don't find it difficult to get others to join in – mores the pity. The Singing Section will continue in its efforts to make the most noise, encouraging our support to back our team on the pitch.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section have no affiliation with any political party. The Hibs 12th Man may at some point in the future establish links with a cross party group of our elected representatives so long as they are Hibs supporters and support our aims. In the same we as we will seek to make links with others, as we have already done with the Hibernian Former Players Association :not worth and the Hibernian FC Supporters Association :scarf:.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section have no affiliation with any group of casuals, past, present or future.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section fully endorse the stand Hibernian FC make in Showing Racism the Red Card (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20091111/pupils-show-racism-the-red-card_2262950_1872734) and similar initiatives, like the White Ribbon Campaign (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110114/white-ribbon-campaign_2262950_2266990).

The Hibs 12th Man is about everyone having fun at the footy, win, lose or draw – although like everyone wearing green we would like to see more wins please Colin! :pray:

The ethos of the Hibs 12th Man is that we all enjoy going and being at the match in an atmosphere which is both safe and welcoming and we want our club to be proud of us all.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section want the opposition support to be out sung on every occasion and the opposition players intimidated by the noise.

The Hibs 12th Man wants the Hibernian support to be recognised as the best in Scotland and when the football improves to be recognised as the friendliest club in Europe. :cool2:

Should be quite easy then! :aok:

The Hibs 12th Man is pleased to announce a link with footymad.net (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=285).

After a wee chat they have allowed us to join their board and post in the same way as we do on here and HibeesBounce and Facebook and Twitter and everywhere else we can get a foot in the door! :agree:

… and so the good work of the Hibs 12th Man spreads that wee bit further.

linlithgowhibbie
25-01-2011, 08:18 PM

The Hibs 12th Man think it only fair to point out that the supporters known as the Singing Section are not the only supporters that sing at either Easter Road or the Hibs end at away matches. The Singing Section and Hibs 12th Man do not have the exclusive rights for being in the part of Easter Road set aside for singers.

The Hibs 12th Man think it also fair to say the competition the Singing Section has from a group that sing the songs the Singing Section won’t don't find it difficult to get others to join in – mores the pity. The Singing Section will continue in its efforts to make the most noise, encouraging our support to back our team on the pitch.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section have no affiliation with any political party. The Hibs 12th Man may at some point in the future establish links with a cross party group of our elected representatives so long as they are Hibs supporters and support our aims. In the same we as we will seek to make links with others, as we have already done with the Hibernian Former Players Association :not worth and the Hibernian FC Supporters Association :scarf:.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section have no affiliation with any group of casuals, past, present or future.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section fully endorse the stand Hibernian FC make in Showing Racism the Red Card (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20091111/pupils-show-racism-the-red-card_2262950_1872734) and similar initiatives, like the White Ribbon Campaign (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110114/white-ribbon-campaign_2262950_2266990).

The Hibs 12th Man is about everyone having fun at the footy, win, lose or draw – although like everyone wearing green we would like to see more wins please Colin! :pray:

The ethos of the Hibs 12th Man is that we all enjoy going and being at the match in an atmosphere which is both safe and welcoming and we want our club to be proud of us all.

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section want the opposition support to be out sung on every occasion and the opposition players intimidated by the noise.

The Hibs 12th Man wants the Hibernian support to be recognised as the best in Scotland and when the football improves to be recognised as the friendliest club in Europe. :cool2:

The Hibs 12th Man is pleased to announce a link with footymad.net (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=285).

After a wee chat they have allowed us to join their board and post in the same way as we do on here and HibeesBounce and Facebook and Twitter and everywhere else we can get a foot in the door! :agree:

Best of luck in all your aims, with you all the way,

Brian AKA Linlithgowhibbie

Ed De Gramo
25-01-2011, 10:26 PM

The Hibs 12th Man and Singing Section have no affiliation with any political party. The Hibs 12th Man may at some point in the future establish links with a cross party group of our elected representatives so long as they are Hibs supporters and support our aims. In the same we as we will seek to make links with others, as we have already done with the Hibernian Former Players Association :not worth and the Hibernian FC Supporters Association

The Hibs 12th Man wants the Hibernian support to be recognised as the best in Scotland and when the football improves to be recognised as the friendliest club in Europe.

Should be quite easy then!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

:top marks:top marks

RIP
25-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Well said!

The Singing Section was set aside by Hibs - anybody can sing there along as it's not racist - cos then they will have the club management to answer to.

I see Hibs12thMan now has 800 supporters on it's Facebook - well done

Haymaker
26-01-2011, 01:55 AM
If I could get to ER more often, I would be a 12th man. Brilliant idea and lets hope we can turn ER into a wall of positive noise in the future.

Dunbar Hibee
26-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Really getting into the 12th man now. Fantastic effort so far - keep it up everybody :flag:

matty_f
26-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Hats off to you all for making the effort, Easter Road has certainly been noisier this season than I can remember it being for a long time.

One question, does the 12th Man's support of the club extend to singing anti-board songs and "We're sh*** and we know we are" as reported on this forum after the Motherwell, songs which I understand upset some Hibs fans to the point where one of them had a go?

I'm just curious as to whether or not you consider these songs particularly supportive?

Keep up the good work!

Hibs12thMan
26-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Hats off to you all for making the effort, Easter Road has certainly been noisier this season than I can remember it being for a long time.

One question, does the 12th Man's support of the club extend to singing anti-board songs and "We're sh*** and we know we are" as reported on this forum after the Motherwell, songs which I understand upset some Hibs fans to the point where one of them had a go?

I'm just curious as to whether or not you consider these songs particularly supportive?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Matty, as we said above “The Singing Section will continue in its efforts to make the most noise, encouraging our support to back our team on the pitch.”

We fully understand the frustrations of the support, we are all part of that support.

In many ways the Hibs 12th Man is not just a group of people within the support but a philosophy a group of fans believe in as they support the club and team. All fans and supporters of Hibernian FC are welcome to be part of that.

Some of us will fall by the wayside now and again, sing the wrong song, it will be a long road.

You know as well as we do, and everyone else in the support, if anyone was to ‘tell’ supporters what to do it wouldn’t last long – however good the intention. Those who are part of the 'official' Singing Section can only encourage others by being a good example – you don’t have to sing offensive songs to have a good time.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Just keep singin'.

:thumbsup:

easty
26-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Well said!

The Singing Section was set aside by Hibs - anybody can sing there along as it's not racist - cos then they will have the club management to answer to.

I see Hibs12thMan now has 800 supporters on it's Facebook - well done

I'd make it 801 but I don't believe in Facebook...:cool2:

Good work though lads, keep it up.

Keith_M
26-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Wel done to you and keep it up. The difference in the atmosphere has been noticeable at ER, no mean feat considering the results we've been suffering. Imagine the atmosphere if we were actually winning games :wink:

:flag:

FWIW, I think there are a number of guys in your section that are former Casuals (purely going by the guys I recognise), but are merely there to enjoy the singing.

seanraff07
26-01-2011, 10:33 AM

Great post, will be there tonight in the Singing Section as always, let's make as much noise as possible :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
26-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Great effort chaps, keep it up :agree:

I salute your indefaticability.

HIBS TILL I DIE

P.S I will be there tonight (in more up market seats than normal!) Looking forward to hearing you boys raising the roof !

H18sry
26-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Does that mean at long last the "Rudi" song will be binned, along with the "Mercer" song?

Jack
26-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Does that mean at long last the "Rudi" song will be binned, along with the "Mercer" song?

I think what they're saying is they will be sung but it wont be the 'Singing Section' or those who want to be part of the Hibs 12th Man that will be singing them.
Good luck guys, you will win at the end of the day.

jacomo
26-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I'd make it 801 but I don't believe in Facebook...:cool2:

Good work though lads, keep it up.

I hear what you're saying, but there is pretty strong evidence that Facebook does exist.

:wink:

hibsbollah
26-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Singing Section/12th Man/whatever you want to call it has been the best thing to happen at the club this season by a mile. It makes a great change from whining cynicism. Well done to all concerned:aok:

nickwhibs
26-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Yep good stuff guys! It's really helped the atmosphere the few games I've been able to go to this season. The recent game against Dundee Utd was particularly impressive - even singing when 2-0 down. Really lifted the team that night. Pitty the team don't respond to fans more often like they did that night! And like someone said, once the team start winning it will be magic.

:notworthy:

Cropley10
26-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Singing Section/12th Man/whatever you want to call it has been the best thing to happen at the club this season by a mile. It makes a great change from whining cynicism. Well done to all concerned:aok:

This /\ /\

Superb tonight. My 10 year old son in the West now knows where he wants to be in a few years time. Well done lads.

Hibeesb0unc3
26-01-2011, 09:59 PM
will definetely have to join you guys in the next season :thumbsup: as it is getting demoralising being pretty much the only person to sing in the famous five for the past two seasons, i should have stayed in the east:agree:

RIP
26-01-2011, 10:48 PM
This /\ /\

Superb tonight. My 10 year old son in the West now knows where he wants to be in a few years time. Well done lads.

will definetely have to join you guys in the next season :thumbsup: as it is getting demoralising being pretty much the only person to sing in the famous five for the past two seasons, i should have stayed in the east:agree:

The one thing we need to stress is

There are 10 year old kidsin the Singing Section already - and wimmin as well. You can move yer seat for a game or permanently - just a visit to the TO or a call to 661 1875

200 others have moved seats since September - move now and save your season by having fun at EVERY game!:flag:

GreenCastle
26-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Decent support again from the section.

Could hear you from the West.

Still more songs needed though :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
26-01-2011, 11:04 PM
This /\ /\

Hear Hear, I will second that.

Well done lads, excellent support (can't wait until we actually score and win a game, the noise will be brilliant!)

Keep it up chaps. :agree: :top marks

Frogga
26-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Again I would like to 'sing' the praises of the Hibs 12th Man group.

Today was my first match since the Sheep game at Christmas and despite the loss I actually came away from the game with a smile on my face thanks to you folks. It reminded me of watching Portsmouth going 5-0 down at home to Arsenal and their fans still singing, not even stopping for the Arsenal goals. You could tell the Rangers fans were a bit surprised at the enthusiasm you were creating when they were winning so comfortably and the "we forgot that you were here" was a personal favourite.

Like those Portsmouth fans we need to keep encouraging our team, not just when we are winning, but when we aren't doing so well as this is when they need us most.

Keep up the good work :top marks

The Voice Of Reason
26-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Today was my first match since the Sheep game at Christmas and despite the loss I actually came away from the game with a smile on my face thanks to you folks. It reminded me of watching Portsmouth going 5-0 down at home to Arsenal and their fans still singing, not even stopping for the Arsenal goals. You could tell the Rangers fans were a bit surprised at the enthusiasm you were creating when they were winning so comfortably and the "we forgot that you were here" was a personal favourite.

Like those Portsmouth fans we need to keep encouraging our team, not just when we are winning, but when we aren't doing so well as this is when they need us most.

:top marks :agree:

GreenCastle
26-01-2011, 11:15 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

Jack
27-01-2011, 08:21 AM
This /\ /\

I think one of the things I’ll remember from last night was a wee guy about 6 years old, all wrapped up against the cold jumping up and down clapping his wee handies and giving Calderwood's green and white army everything he could. Score didn’t matter to him he was having a great time!

I think a lot of the Singing Section act like 6 year olds :faf:

Well done the other singers too :aok:

mickki40
27-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I think one of the things I’ll remember from last night was a wee guy about 6 years old, all wrapped up against the cold jumping up and down clapping his wee handies and giving Calderwood's green and white army everything he could. Score didn’t matter to him he was having a great time!

I think a lot of the Singing Section act like 6 year olds :faf:

Well done the other singers too :aok:

How very dare you Jack... 6 year olds? Boys will be boys, but so will most middle aged men. Great comments coming in about 12th Man Singing Section. Next Season will be better as I am looking to get those Singing Section guys and gals to a meeting after the final game of the season to get a lot more organised for next season. I will catch you at the Hibs club for Killie Game for a pint and to run a few things bye you regarding ideas and club politics regarding branding etc. Also looking for use of Hibs club maybe to speak to the Hardcore after final game of season.