PDA

View Full Version : We need to sign a leader

Hibbyradge
23-01-2011, 09:51 AM
We desperately need some "real-time" motivation on the park.

Despite some of the more exotic views expounded on this message board, screaming "you're pish" etc at a players doesn't help them perform any better, but experience says the fans aren't going to change their behaviour.

So, if I was CC, I'd be looking to bring in an experienced winner, with a real hunger for the battle, who knows how to talk to players to get the best out of them and keep their heads up.

I'm not even sure who our Captain is, anymore. I think it's Ian Murray. If it is, he certainly tries and has a good attitude, but I don't ever see him cajoling and encouraging his team mates when things are going against us and we really, really need that just now.

Someone linkeded Christain Dailly with us. I doubt there's anything in that rumour, but I'd happily offer someone like him a short term contract for the reasons above.

The players have ability, but there isn't a scrap of confidence between them at the moment. A proper leader on the park could see that start to change.

greenlex
23-01-2011, 09:55 AM
We need one in every area of the park Dave. One at the back will do for now though.

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 09:59 AM
We need one in every area of the park Dave. One at the back will do for now though.

Someone who will shout and cajole those around him. Keep them together and in position.

matty_f
23-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Someone who will shout and cajole those around him. Keep them together and in position.

Need more than that-someone who sets the standard with their performance as well.

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Need more than that-someone who sets the standard with their performance as well.

Your right but at this time, I believe, that we need a player who scares not only the opposition but his team mates. Some one who, had Templeton tried to waltz round them, would have put him in the stand. Less Beckenbaur and more Gentile.

eastmainsmsh
23-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Dailly and Michael Stewart would be great leaders on park for us.....with Somebody like Robbie Blake to bang them in up front

Moulin Yarns
23-01-2011, 11:01 AM
someone in the Rob Jones mould, but who is available??

Kaiser1962
23-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Jones like in his first and last season yes. Those in between :hmmm:

The Falcon
23-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Jones like in his first and last season yes. Those in between :hmmm:

Known elsewhere as the "middle" one of three. :greengrin

greenlex
23-01-2011, 11:18 AM
And elsewhere as "The other one" :greengrin

Captain Trips
23-01-2011, 11:28 AM
The length of time it has taken to bring in players after the window opened will make any deals now look like desperation, CC is ****ed.

greenlex
23-01-2011, 11:33 AM
The length of time it has taken to bring in players after the window opened will make any deals now look like desperation, CC is ****ed.
As long as it just looks like desperation that will do me. If it is desperation thats another matter.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 12:46 PM
We desperately need some "real-time" motivation on the park.

Despite some of the more exotic views expounded on this message board, screaming "you're pish" etc at a players doesn't help them perform any better, but experience says the fans aren't going to change their behaviour.

So, if I was CC, I'd be looking to bring in an experienced winner, with a real hunger for the battle, who knows how to talk to players to get the best out of them and keep their heads up.

I'm not even sure who our Captain is, anymore. I think it's Ian Murray. If it is, he certainly tries and has a good attitude, but I don't ever see him cajoling and encouraging his team mates when things are going against us and we really, really need that just now.

Someone linkeded Christain Dailly with us. I doubt there's anything in that rumour, but I'd happily offer someone like him a short term contract for the reasons above.

The players have ability, but there isn't a scrap of confidence between them at the moment. A proper leader on the park could see that start to change.

Been saying this for a while.

The lack of character / leadership in the team is very obvious.

We need more than one though - teams are usually built around influential players - this usually gives teams the spine.

Murray tries but just hasn't got it - we need a louder, better player who will take control.

If we are playing youth players this need to be complimented by some experience to get the best out of them.

THE PROBLEM - these type of players are few and far between. Cost more usually and rarely move mid season.

Kaiser1962
23-01-2011, 03:28 PM
And elsewhere as "The other one" :greengrin

Ouch :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 03:42 PM
:agree:
Yes we desperately need a leader on the park, probably 2 or 3 to be precise. I'd like some leadership off the park too, but cant see anything resembling it.:boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd love for us to sign an intelligent cloud of gas, like the one who would appear in the old Star Treks, and speak in an American thespian voice and then zap any dissenters.

As opposed to our current unintelligent clouds of gas who have absolutely no zap at all.

IberianHibernian
23-01-2011, 03:54 PM
someone in the Rob Jones mould, but who is available??Ex Spain international "Juanito" Juan Gutierrez recently left Atletico Madrid and was said to be interested in playing outside Spain. 33 years old, no nonsense centre half who also scores odd goal . Would be expensive but paying high wages to a couple of experienced players till end of the season might be better than having to offer mediocre players 2 or 3 year contracts . Other years we`ve signed free agents outside window so signings don`t need to stop on 31st though obviously the sooner the better .

Cropley10
23-01-2011, 03:56 PM
But are these 'leaders' available in January? :dunno:

Andy74
23-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Robbie Savage looking for a team in the summer! Unfortunsately he wants to see out his contract first. Hate him or not he's just what we need.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Robbie Savage looking for a team in the summer! Unfortunsately he wants to see out his contract first. Hate him or not he's just what we need.

Got a feeling he may go to Vancouver in the MLS at the end of the season :agree:

nortonhibby
23-01-2011, 07:45 PM
But are these 'leaders' available in January? :dunno:

Yes they are but they cost money and with RP In charge of the finances :confused: i fear we must struggle on with what we have got.

The Harp
23-01-2011, 07:46 PM

The big man's a big miss IMO. Wish we had someone with his leadership qualities and no nonsense attitude right now.

nortonhibby
23-01-2011, 07:53 PM
The big man's a big miss IMO. Wish we had someone with his leadership qualities and no nonsense attitude right now.

He was a good signing how much did we get for him and any idea where he is now ? id love it if he returned:greengrin

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Jones I miss - he won many headers and although wasn't a world beater did a job in the SPL.

Will never forget that header in the CIS also.

I do remember on here people used to slate him many times as he wasn't the biggest shouter and many felt he could lead more :agree:

Andy74
23-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Got a feeling he may go to Vancouver in the MLS at the end of the season :agree:

He says the family won't move there.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 08:22 PM
He says the family won't move there.

Just read that - you never know with Savage.

Think he will stay down south with his media commitments.