PDA

View Full Version : Radio Scotland slating Hibs players...

Greenblood70
22-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Lack of discipline and effort that should have been addressed according to Craig Patterson, John Robertson and I think Fraser Wishart.

They were pretty scathing..its embarassing supporting this lot.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I heard that, if i was Collins Mixu Yogi or CC I would be embarrassed
They think indiscipline has gone on for years and none of them managed to nip it in the bud.

GloryGlory
22-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Lack of discipline and effort that should have been addressed according to Craig Patterson, John Robertson and I think Fraser Wishart.

But sounds like they were only saying what a lot of us on here have been saying for the last 2 or 3 years.

BTW, Fraser Wishart is a union rep, IIRC. If Hibs sacked a few players for non-performance, would he be just as scathing?

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Why were they talking about indiscipline?

J-C
22-01-2011, 05:24 PM

Yep, said the rot started under JC, then has carried on through Mixu,Yogi and now CC, talked about warm down after games and Benji,Bamba etc were the players mentioned..............something rotten at ER and so far no-oen who has came in seems incapable of changing it.

All very disappointing. :confused:

Greenblood70
22-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Related to players not wanting to warm down properly and walking off the training pitch in separate incidents and being allowed to get away with it.

GloryGlory
I heard that, if i was Collins Mixu Yogi or CC I would be embarrassed
They think indiscipline has gone on for years and none of them managed to nip it in the bud.

Yes. I thought that Tuesday's embarrasment might provoke a response in the players. Seems like they've got passed the being ashamed of their performance stage (if they ever cared in the first place) and are now just totally shameless about their lack of concern, effort and motivation.

J-C

Because they have seen it on the park, after games, warm downs etc. obviously these guys have a lot more insight as to what is going on at ER than we have.

Greenblood70
22-01-2011, 05:28 PM
But sounds like they were only saying what a lot of us on here have been saying for the last 2 or 3 years.

BTW, Fraser Wishart is a union rep, IIRC. If Hibs sacked a few players for non-performance, would he be just as scathing?

Does he still hold that post? I was surprised to hear him speaking out like that against players tbh, as I thought he'd have to be more circumspect about his members.

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Because they have seen it on the park, after games, warm downs etc. obviously these guys have a lot more insight as to what is going on at ER than we have.
Why is would they have a better idea than us?
The only indisciplne on the park I can remember is Riordan launching himself at Scatchel. If they are getting application mixed up with discipline I agree. Most of the Radio Scotland team wouldnt know the difference in any case IMO.

Sammy7nil
Yes. I thought that Tuesday's embarrasment might provoke a response in the players. Seems like they've got passed the being ashamed of their performance stage (if they ever cared in the first place) and are now just totally shameless about their lack of concern, effort and motivation.

:top marks

Saorsa
and so they should be slated, shower of *****

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Related to players not wanting to warm down properly and walking off the training pitch in separate incidents and being allowed to get away with it.
When did all this happen then?

Westie1875
22-01-2011, 05:33 PM

Aren't these the problems that were rumoured to be happening under Yogi? Not heard anything about similar things still happening now.

J-C
22-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Why is would they have a better idea than us?
The only indisciplne on the park I can remember is Riordan launching himself at Scatchel. If they are getting application mixed up with discipline I agree. Most of the Radio Scotland team wouldnt know the difference in any case IMO.

They're closer to knowing due to their job in the industry, we're fans and get snippets here and there, they'll have a lot more info than us.

Indisipline starts at training etc and therefore continues onto the field with inept performances.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2011, 05:35 PM

and professionalism:agree:

Greenblood70
22-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Dunno, give Radio Scotland a call and ask to speak to them and find out. :wink:

J-C
22-01-2011, 05:36 PM

Benji walking off training ground
Bamba going awol after world cup
Nish arguing with Evans
Stokes being allowed to get away with murder during his time here.
Players going to Petrie when JC was manager and getting their way.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Club culture :agree:

JC tried to install it - board backed the players.

Mowbray had it and looked where it took us.

Yogi tried to be one of the lads too often.

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 05:39 PM
and so they should be slated, shower of *****

Time to name and shame them in my opinion and show there is no hiding place off the pitch. Steve Cowan is correct, they really don't care as a group.

I will start. A repeatedly injured goalkeeper having an almost 100% record in George Street, using beer to cure his awfully sore back........come on, lets get tore into this shower of spineless wasters.....it's about time the board and fans see just how much results and the club matter.

Maybe of course it would help three other players if Hills had them at 66/1 for anytime goalscorer too.

Come on guys.....lets shame these f***ers !

Scorrie
22-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Benji walking off training ground
Bamba going awol after world cup
Nish arguing with Evans
Stokes being allowed to get away with murder during his time here.
Players going to Petrie when JC was manager and getting their way.

That's when it really started for me. RP was out of order agreeing to see the players. Once he did then it was downhill all the way and this is now what he is reaping IMHO. probably can only be sorted by complete clear out but in the meantime we are relying on them to keep us in the SPL. What a complete mess

marinello59
22-01-2011, 05:43 PM
[/B]

That's when it really started for me. RP was out of order agreeing to see the players. Once he did then it was downhill all the way and this is now what he is reaping IMHO. probably can only be sorted by complete clear out but in the meantime we are relying on them to keep us in the SPL. What a complete mess

That for me is the biggest mistake made by any of our high heid yins in recent years. I still struggle to make sense of that one. The board have got a lot right but that was madness.

Barney McGrew
22-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Aren't these the problems that were rumoured to be happening under Yogi? Not heard anything about similar things still happening now.

The chat was very much about the culture ingrained at ER. Mention made of JC losing the dressing room and the assumption that since then the players don't give a ****. Various different incidents from the last year or so were mentioned, all of which have been rumoured on here and are aware to guys who are 'in the know'

truehibernian
22-01-2011, 05:46 PM
The chat was very much about the culture ingrained at ER. Mention made of JC losing the dressing room and the assumption that since then the players don't give a ****. Various different incidents from the last year or so were mentioned, all of which have been rumoured on here and are aware to guys who are 'in the know'

Have them in full days, no access to phones, no access to bookies........alcohol tests 48 hours before games and on matchday.......that's the first thing I would do.

That and take them on a run from East Mains to North Berwick and then beach sprints :greengrin

Board - too soft
Management - too soft
Players - soft but have absolute power at present

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2011, 05:49 PM

Ross County . Third member was Steve Cowan I think not Frazer Wishart.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Have them in full days, no access to phones, no access to bookies........alcohol tests 48 hours before games and on matchday.......that's the first thing I would do.

That and take them on a run from East Mains to North Berwick and then beach sprints :greengrin

Board - too soft
Management - too soft

Hibernian need to introduce a player charter and embed it in the contract to ensure that any wasters are quickly extracted from the club and stuck on the waste heap.

Greenblood70
22-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Who's responsible for the disciplinary procedures at Hibs? I'm genuinely unsure as it seemed that it wasn't the manager that fined Riordan when he spoke out about the state of the ER pitch?

Is it the directors or is it (as it should be imo) the sole responsibility of the manager ?

darwenhibby
22-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Just heard it in the car with a poor reception.

How much would it cost to pay off these imposters.

They are not going to fight our corner

PapillonVert
22-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Just heard it in the car with a poor reception.

How much would it cost to pay off these imposters.

They are not going to fight our corner

Pay them off? They should be paying us compensation for their fraud and incompetence!

Thank God 16 are out of contract at the end of the season. Let's hope that the Board has learned that it MUST support the Manager and the players must know that they are there to work hard and not treat the Club like a hobby that just happens to pay well. This situation must never be allowed to happen again.

If necessary, exactly what is expected of the player should be in the contract and the disciplinary measures, including sacking as a last resort without compensation, must be clearly spelled out. And, if they don't want to sign such a contract, that means that they are not serious professionals and shouldn't be at ER anyway.

ronaldo7
22-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Board - too soft
Management - too soft

I know what you're saying bud, however you've just lost the dressing room.

How about 6 contracts up for grabs...who wants them. The powers of invisible ink

WindyMiller
22-01-2011, 06:58 PM
The problem must obviously run through all the coaching staff also, as players have changed, and management has changed, but the problems remain.