PDA

View Full Version : Hearts vs Rangers

Mikeystewart
22-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Personally see this one as a draw,

think hearts will take the game to rangers in the first 10-15 mins but will use there usual approach of trying to suffocate the teams attack,

0-0 for me unless hearts get a goal in the first 15 mins.

KeithTheHibby
22-01-2011, 12:01 PM

think hearts will take the game to rangers in the first 10-15 mins but will use there usual approach of trying to suffocate the teams attack,

I have stuck some cash on the yams to win today, think I need my head examined.

Moulin Yarns
22-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Couldn't care less, unless there are 22 injuries, red cards and a riot in the crowd :greengrin

coco22
22-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I have stuck some cash on the yams to win today, think I need my head examined.

me too - no lose bet, they win=cash / they lose=chuffed. dont like doing it but 3/1 a good punt

Hamish
22-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Hope not I have both teams to score:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 12:21 PM
me too - no lose bet, they win=cash / they lose=chuffed. dont like doing it but 3/1 a good punt

Unless it's a draw :doh:

hibiedude
22-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I think Hearts will take all 3 points and I have backed that up with hard cash

Barney McGrew
22-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I think Hearts will take all 3 points and I have backed that up with hard cash

I hope they don't.

The Diet Huns are going to be insufferable if they win today :brickwall

jax67
22-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Couldn't care less, unless there are 22 injuries, red cards and a riot in the crowd :greengrin

And the ref has a good game of course:wink:

Supraninja
22-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Lafferty just got punched in the face an absolute beauty. Shame Kello had those soft gloves on.

BT58
22-01-2011, 12:59 PM
has lafferty forgotten to take off his golf glove
jeez yon ness looks no bad

Leith_Hibee
22-01-2011, 01:14 PM
The young boy Ness looks like a player. Good to see a young Scottish boy coming through one of the old firm, so they can develop their own players!!

HNA6
22-01-2011, 01:39 PM
The young boy Ness looks like a player. Good to see a young Scottish boy coming through one of the old firm, so they can develop their own players!!To sell ..:agree:

EVENTUALLY
22-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Lafferty just got punched in the face an absolute beauty. Shame Kello had those soft gloves on.

Stonewall penalty.

If Rangers play like this at Easter Road on Wed we will be on the end on a real doing.

hibiedude
22-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I hope they don't.

The Diet Huns are going to be insufferable if they win today :brickwall

Hearts run will soom come to end either by their form or Romanov's intervention

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 02:20 PM
And I thought we were ugly to watch!

What an ugly game of football.

I should have saved my internet bandwidth. :cool2:

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 02:22 PM
The usual daylight robbery at the pink palace. :grr:

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 02:23 PM
The usual daylight robbery at the pink palace. :grr:

Only shot on target in 78 mins and they're one up!

cabbageandribs1875
oooooh the hertz fans can sing after all

skipster7
1-0 ,better being lucky than good:rolleyes: fair play to them they've dug in when we would probably have been 3 down at HT:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
22-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Would you believe it.

Pummelled all match and Hearts lead with their first effort of the whole game.:rolleyes:

Lofarl
22-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Hearts are getting right into the huns faces, something we never do. If we showed that type of determination we would be far higher up the table.

BT58
22-01-2011, 02:31 PM
ffs just before they scored, hawrts where 5/1 to win
now there 1/5

Pretty Boy
22-01-2011, 02:32 PM
These ***** are going to be insufferable for the next week or so.

You can just tell they will be dusting off the Lithuainian flags and the BELIEVE banners as we speak.

skipster7
22-01-2011, 02:34 PM
naismith has turned into a wee hun fud.claiming the ball was in when it bounced back out then going down holding his face. wee plum.mculloch throwing himself down drogba style despite being the biggest/strongest guy on the park.horrible horrible huns:fuming:

Hibernia Na Eir
22-01-2011, 02:38 PM
They'll be diggin out more bullets across the water.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 02:40 PM
naismith has turned into a wee hun fud.claiming the ball was in when it bounced back out then going down holding his face. wee plum.mculloch throwing himself down drogba style despite being the biggest/strongest guy on the park.horrible horrible huns:fuming:

TBF.... our biggest player also shares those attributes. :boo hoo:

Hiber-nation
Didn't think things could get any worse. Absolute nightmare result.

hibiedude
Good start to the weekend

£100 in my pocket :greengrin

Disc O'Dave
22-01-2011, 02:42 PM
These ***** are going to be insufferable for the next week or so.

You can just tell they will be dusting off the Lithuainian flags and the BELIEVE banners as we speak.

Never mind Lith flags, they will be digging out the "champions" flags and banners from the box buried deep in the cellar marked "86, too painful"

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 02:42 PM
The yams are very organised and have a basic game plan.

Yes they only had one shot on goal but took it.

They also have reliable keepers - something we haven't really had for years.

Hate them both but I guess it's good for Scottish Football as we need RANTIC to loose their 1st / 2nd every year stance for the game to survive.

Still a long way to go - at most they will get 2nd.

The yams have to be gutted they are out the cup as it's easily winnable this year for a team outside the OF.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Good start to the weekend

£100 in my pocket :greengrin

Blood money! :grr: :wink:

skipster7
i had a draw !!:grr:

Jim44
You've got to hand it to FJK. He's got them flying. That's a huge result. I hope our result today has them shaking in their shoes 'tho. :greengrin

The_Todd
22-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I hate the Rangers and Celtic more than I hate Hearts. Everytime anyone takes a point off either of those manky weegie bigots then I'm fairly happy.

Even if it is them of all teams.

skipster7
22-01-2011, 02:48 PM
The yams are very organised and have a basic game plan.

Yes they only had one shot on goal but took it.

They also have reliable keepers - something we haven't really had for years.

Hate them both but I guess it's good for Scottish Football as we need RANTIC to loose their 1st / 2nd every year stance for the game to survive.

Still a long way to go - at most they will get 2nd.

tbh if that hearts team finish second in our league it will be a sad indication of how bad this league is.its mad that in the last year rangers have sold boyd and miller and haven't replaced their goals.still think hearts are the 3rd best team in a shocking standard of league which isnt saying much.

hibiedude
22-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Blood money! :grr: :wink:

I promise I won't enjoy spending it on drink tonight at the club :cool2:

Kello kept them in the game and I see he got MOTM

Brando7
22-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Only goes to show wot happens when you sell your best striker....n we only know that too well !!

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I promise I won't enjoy spending it on drink tonight at the club :cool2:

Kello kept them in the game and I see he got MOTM

I'm pretty sure he gets MOTM for them every weekend.

Spewing..... :jamboak:

Jim44
22-01-2011, 02:51 PM
tbh if that hearts team finish second in our league it will be a sad indication of how bad this league is.its mad that in the last year rangers have sold boyd and miller and haven't replaced their goals.still think hearts are the 3rd best team in a shocking standard of league which isnt saying much.

The poor quality of the league is also a worrying indication of how bad we are.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Have you just woken up :wink:

It's been terrible for years - that's why there is such an outcry about a 10 team league.

The SPL needs massive changes.

Rangers have no money - the bank own them and will struggle to replace the players who leave.

It also makes it worse being a Hibs fan as we should be up there in 3rd / 4th challenging too in this Micky Mouse league :rolleyes:

heretoday
22-01-2011, 02:53 PM
You have to hand it to the Jam Tarts. They are seriously in it this time.

Hibercelona
22-01-2011, 02:53 PM
The poor quality of the league is also a worrying indication of how bad we are.

Spot on Jim! :agree:

We can't even beat a 2nd division side FFS, even with 2 chances to do it.

Storar
22-01-2011, 02:57 PM

No more than we were this time last year... Rangers will win their game in hand and stuff them at Ibrox and then they will lose to Celtic in Glasgow and before you know it they'll be about 15 points behind and will be battling it out with Killie and United for 4th

Brando7
22-01-2011, 02:57 PM

28 points out of possible 30 :jamboak:

jiggerman
22-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Lets not lose the plot here - long way to go. I dont imagine Hearts will sustain this through to May.

They will finish 3rd.

son of haggart
22-01-2011, 02:58 PM
We were pretty shocking today - missed Kyle badly as there was no one up front to link play and therefore minimal service to Skacel, Templeton and Elliot. We won't be so lucky again over the next two weeks when we play both the oF again

Kello saved us. Lafferty had a good first half and Ness looks like a real player.

But how on earth does Davie Weir get away with throwing people to the groudn without even a talking to? Barging them into the trackside. It reminds me of the Willie Miller refereeing days!:confused:

Spike Mandela
22-01-2011, 02:59 PM
The Hearts fans can't be enjoying this.

I mean, they have lots of debt, need a new stand and don't even own their own training centre.

It must be hell having to watch them compete at the top of the league with all that hanging round their necks.

Anyway I'm off to read a copy of last years accounts, can't be bothered going to the game.:rolleyes:

sh00byd00
22-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Huh? Even without those ***** finishing second, surely almost everyone already knew how bad the SPL is?

Doesn't take Hearts winning or finishing 2nd to tell us that. If anything, that's what Scottish fitba needs, a non OF team winning the league for a change. Do i want that to be Hearts - no, but I'd sure in hell have Hearts winning it over the OF if it gave the Scottish leagues something new that none of us have witnessed for a generation.

skipster7
22-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Have you just woken up :wink:

It's been terrible for years - that's why there is such an outcry about a 10 team league.

The SPL needs massive changes.

Rangers have no money - the bank own them and will struggle to replace the players who leave.

It also makes it worse being a Hibs fan as we should be up there in 3rd / 4th challenging too in this Micky Mouse league :rolleyes:

no ive not just woken up ??:confused: i know its been pish for years but usually the top 2 are a better standard of pish from the rest,:wink: that hearts team being so close to the top 2 show the league standard is getting worse season on season.as for hibs, fighting to stay in a pish league says it all about how good we are :rolleyes:
it just shows that a wee bit consistency from even the most workmanlike of sides should have you pushing for 3rd.

Steve20
22-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Can't take it away from them. They are right in the mix and have a good shot of the title this time.

skipster7
22-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Huh? Even without those ***** finishing second, surely almost everyone already knew how bad the SPL is?

Doesn't take Hearts winning or finishing 2nd to tell us that. If anything, that's what Scottish fitba needs, a non OF team winning the league for a change. Do i want that to be Hearts - no, but I'd sure in hell have Hearts winning it over the OF if it gave the Scottish leagues something new that none of us have witnessed for a generation.
my reference was regarding the standard of play from hearts today and the position they are in ? i agree about how great it would be for teams to be rattling the OF cages like in the 80s but for me today showed you dont have to be that good to do it anymore.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 03:14 PM
no ive not just woken up ??:confused: i know its been pish for years but usually the top 2 are a better standard of pish from the rest,:wink: that hearts team being so close to the top 2 show the league standard is getting worse season on season.as for hibs, fighting to stay in a pish league says it all about how good we are :rolleyes:
it just shows that a wee bit consistency from even the most workmanlike of sides should have you pushing for 3rd.

I agree with that - but remember the yams came 2nd in 2006 I think it was.

Rangers and Celtic have been getting worse for years - look at when they exit Europe.

Never said we were any good - I agree that makes it worse - it was shown by not scoring a goal against part timers Ayr in 180 minutes.

son of haggart
22-01-2011, 03:15 PM
my reference was regarding the standard of play from hearts today and the position they are in ? i agree about how great it would be for teams to be rattling the OF cages like in the 80s but for me today showed you dont have to be that good to do it anymore.

I think we were lucky today. On the other hand we beat Celtic a few weeks ago comfortably playing good football

weecounty hibby
22-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Hearts were rotten today and won due to a combination of good goalkeeping and good fortune. They will be horsed by bothe Celtic and Rangers in the next ten days. They are nowhere near good enough to win the league but appear to be carrying a fair bit of luck. Played off the park for abot 70 mins by Killie as well and still picked up 3 points

HNA6
22-01-2011, 03:20 PM
We were pretty shocking today - missed Kyle badly as there was no one up front to link play and therefore minimal service to Skacel, Templeton and Elliot. We won't be so lucky again over the next two weeks when we play both the oF again

Kello saved us. Lafferty had a good first half and Ness looks like a real player.

But how on earth does Davie Weir get away with throwing people to the groudn without even a talking to? Barging them into the trackside. It reminds me of the Willie Miller refereeing days!:confused:Kyle does it week in week out ..:rolleyes:

ronaldo7
22-01-2011, 03:25 PM

But how on earth does Davie Weir get away with throwing people to the groudn without even a talking to? Barging them into the trackside. It reminds me of the Willie Miller refereeing days!:confused:

:agree: with alot of that and completely agree about Weir. Skacel was lucky to stay on the park with his dive looking for a penalty just before the goal and then with his handball. Good result but poor game.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Captain of the huns and SFA Bias ?

Easily a yellow :agree:

GTF Old Firm

skipster7
22-01-2011, 03:33 PM

hes usually putting his hands round players throats with no action:agree:

sunshine1875
22-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Tin hat on here!

But as much as I am hurting over our bunch of gutless, spineless and directionless wage thiefs, I can still praise the team from the other end of the city for their continued good run.

To go 10 wins out of 11 games, five points off Celtic with a game in hand and a visit to Parkhead to come, two points off Rangers and third in the league thirteen points above Killie is an impressive achievement.

In fact, it is not much different from our position in January of last season. Whilst, I hope for one, I cannot see them collapse in the same way we have done. In fact, a win at Celtic Park on Wednesday is a possibility and my fear is that they will get stronger for it. Whisper it, they could even win the SPL.

Gosh......this is difficult!!!!

Hibs Class
22-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Agree mostly. It's felt good when we've had similar runs ourselves but they seem a long way away right now. However, rest assured that there is no way they will actually win the league, nor even come nearly as close as they did in 86.

Hibstrooper
22-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Tin hat on here!

But as much as I am hurting over our bunch of gutless, spineless and directionless wage thiefs, I can still praise the team from the other end of the city for their continued good run.

To go 10 wins out of 11 games, five points off Celtic with a game in hand and a visit to Parkhead to come, two points off Rangers and third in the league thirteen points above Killie is an impressive achievement.

In fact, it is not much different from our position in January of last season. Whilst, I hope for one, I cannot see them collapse in the same way we have done. In fact, a win at Celtic Park on Wednesday is a possibility and my fear is that they will get stronger for it. Whisper it, they could even win the SPL.

Gosh......this is difficult!!!!

You obviously don't have many Jambo mates then. They don't need any help in praising their team so won't be getting any from me.

Nameless
22-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not so narrow minded that I can't praise another team for there good work, BUT, I draw the line at publicly praising that vile institution.

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not so narrow minded that I can't praise another team for there good work, BUT, I draw the line at publicly praising that vile institution.

:top marks

Cant believe the number of posters that are so happy to praise the filth

PeeJay
22-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Weir should have had a yellow card, but maybe the ref just never saw it happening?
It was good to see a fast-paced game full of hard graft and fighting spirit - even through there was little skill involved.

The Hearts team is well-organized and it plays LIKE A TEAM that knows what it is supposed to be doing at any given moment - unlike some other teams.

BTW if it only comes down to luck, then why should it desert you any more than the OF?

Pleased Rangers got beat BUT not pleased that you lot won, but then that's the least of our worries ATM.