PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Motherwell

forthhibby
22-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Looking out window at work 2 mins from for park and it's getting really foggy now, not sure if game will be in doubt

Barney McGrew
22-01-2011, 09:24 AM
The BBC weather forecast says it will be foggy all day, with temperatures not getting above zero

jonny
22-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Hopefully it'll lift a bit this afternoon. I'm on the coast in Fife and in the mornings and evenings it's been really bad here but it tends to mostly clear in the middle of the day.
Game will be on I think.

forthhibby
22-01-2011, 09:31 AM
from where i'm sitting at work, there's flats about 100 yards from me and almost can't see them now

coco22
22-01-2011, 09:32 AM
the link between hibs and lack of vision is so accurate on so many levels! saying that, if game is on, it may mean some short passes on the deck - wishful thinking!

BroxburnHibee
22-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Worrying as they tend to cancel games at the drop of a hat :bitchy:

Barney McGrew
22-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Given our current predicament, having the game cancelled until we can get a few more players in might not be a bad thing

Mon the fog :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2011, 09:38 AM

Is the game in any doubt? the roads are very icy here this morning. I have decided to go, but obviously dont want to travel if the game is off. With Motherwell so close, i don't need to leave much before 11.30 - 12, i suppose i should hear before then either way

BT58
22-01-2011, 09:40 AM
We want fog, we want fog
Then the eejit at the back starts shouting
We want Hogg !!!!:na na::na na:

forthhibby
22-01-2011, 10:11 AM
would say fog slightly lifting now, definately not getting any worse

Gala Foxes
22-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Mate in Motherwell says it is pretty bad and also freezing so unlikely to lift

forthhibby
22-01-2011, 12:00 PM
clearing up a good bit now

--------
22-01-2011, 12:18 PM

"They" don't cancel games - the referee calls a match off if conditions aren't right.

"A referee (or where applicable, an assistant referee or fourth official) is not held liable for:

any kind of injury suffered by a player, official or spectator
any damage to property of any kind
any other loss suffered by any individual, club, company, association or other body, which is due or which may be due to any decision that he may take under the terms of the Laws of the Game or in respect of the normal procedures required to hold, play and control a match.

Such decisions may include:

• a decision that the condition of the field of play or its surrounds or that the weather conditions are such as to allow or not to allow a match to take place
• a decision to abandon a match for whatever reason
• a decision as to the suitability of the field equipment and ball used during a match..."

and so on and so on....

(From p.23 of the FIFA "Laws of the Game, 2011".)

I've always understood this to mean that in fog the referee has to be able to see both goals from anywhere on the pitch.

It's rather misty in the Caldera, but not so much as to put a match in jeopardy, IMO.

Removed
22-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Just spoke to my mate in motherwell and it's lifting slowly. Game will be on no problem.

Crab apple
22-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Just spoke to my mate in motherwell and it's lifting slowly. Game will be on no problem.

Just about to set off now. I've only ever seen us lose once at FP so here's hoping for a good result today.