PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in for Rooney

graemegyle
20-01-2011, 03:23 PM
We are in talks with Rooney:thumbsup:

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/8682/Hibs_in_move_for_ICT_star_Rooney.html

SRHibs
20-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Pre-contract? Here's hoping we give them some pennies so we can get him over here immediately.

Not the most inspiring of signings, but it would be a start.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I would welcome his signing as he is a decent player but I would like to think that we could get someone like him now and not on a pre-contract as it could be too late by then.

In saying that, he was prolific in the first division for Inverness last season so maybe he would be ideal.

sunshine1875
We are in talks with Rooney:thumbsup:

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/8682/Hibs_in_move_for_ICT_star_Rooney.html

Let's hope we get him after ICT play Hamilton. He could do us a favour in that game.:agree:

Jim44
Pre-contract? Here's hoping we give them some pennies so we can get him over here immediately.

Not the most inspiring of signings, but it would be a start.

No good. We need fresh faces now. ICT have turned down £100K already, so Petrie will be looking in the air and humming to himself.

matty_f
20-01-2011, 03:31 PM
No good. We need fresh faces now. ICT have turned down £100K already, so Petrie will be looking in the air and humming to himself.

You'll often find that if a club gets a player on a pre-contract, his existing club are easier to deal with for immediate release.

GreenPJ
20-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up as he is not the answer on his own but this is exactly the type of player Hibs should be going for.

Mobile, strong, young, eye for goal, lots of scope for improvement and development, knows the SPL.

Aldo
20-01-2011, 03:33 PM
You'll often find that if a club gets a player on a pre-contract, his existing club are easier to deal with for immediate release.

:agree:

ancient hibee
20-01-2011, 03:34 PM
If Rooney was to sign a pre-contract with a club without knowing what league they were going to be in he's maybe not bright enough for Hibs:greengrin

aberhibsfc
20-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up as he is not the answer on his own but this is exactly the type of player Hibs should be going for.

Mobile, strong, young, eye for goal, lots of scope for improvement and development, knows the SPL.

100% :agree:

An excellent start if it comes to pass, but alone I am not sure it would be enough to keep us up. At very least it may spark a revival and halt the slide.

greenlex
20-01-2011, 03:38 PM

I wouldn't want RP to bully his ICT counterpart into selling him to us after he signs a pre contract. I have heard he gets bullied quite a bit.

SMAXXA
20-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't want RP to bully his ICT counterpart into selling him to us after he signs a pre contract. I have heard he gets bullied quite a bit.

:top marks:faf::faf::faf:

Brillaint!

Do you think Rod would threaten to take his dinner money :greengrin

ancient hibee
20-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe he likes it.

SMAXXA
20-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I can see it now the ICT chairman walking out the board room with chinese burns and a wedgey and Rod walking out behind him with his arm round Rooneys shoulders! :greengrin

steviecarnie
20-01-2011, 03:52 PM
:top marks:faf::faf::faf:

Brillaint!

Do you think Rod would threaten to take his dinner money :greengrin

alot of people on here must have forgotten the Tache has jedi powers, one wiggle and the mind control is complete. People think its the spl and the old firm calling the shots on the 10 team league....Its not its the TACHE

MrRobot
20-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Great news. Mon the tache, put your money where your mouth is and offer him a good contract and get him in. Great young prospect who will walk straight into the team.

Now for midfielders and defenders.:flag:

Jack
20-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Do you think he'll bring the Wayne :rolleyes:

Its OK I'm going :taxi

GreenCastle
20-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Would take Rooney now or end of the season.

Now would be better but at least end of the season - if we hopefully stay up we can look forward to him doing well at Hibs.:agree:

jonny
20-01-2011, 04:04 PM

My sentiments exactly. I've went on about him a few times this season and would be delighted if we managed to acquire him.

Dunbar Hibee
20-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Rooney would be a great signing imo.

essexhibee
20-01-2011, 04:06 PM
I have a sneaky feeling we will get him. Think for once petrie will take the plunge under all that pressure.

Leithenhibby
20-01-2011, 04:07 PM
This would be a start, and as we all know, this lad won't keep us away from the bottom of the table on his own.

Pre contract is good but, not ideal. We need someone who will do the business NOW. Time isn't on our side and I detect a tad more urgency about CC & RP with the way they have addressed the press over the last couple of days.

Lets push the boat out NOW RP, for once in your life, live on the edge FFS :wink:

The time is now, speculate to accumulate :agree:

greenlex
20-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I think we need to calm down a bit. Yes he was at East Mains and yes we are trying to sign him. It doesn't mean he will. He is a decent player and will have plenty options in front of him. Whisper it but he may not sign.
If he doesn't sign I wait the It's Petries fault threads.

Aubenas
20-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Hopeful that Butcher's quote is preparing the ICT fans for losing him - otherwise why comment?
It's kind of:
1 he's just having talks
2 it may be a pre contract
3 we've managed to get money for him now so we can strengthen

Course that just suggests he's going - not necessarily to us :rolleyes:

Dr Jimmy
20-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Would be a great signing, Petrie splash a bit of cash and get him now...and while you are at it, a sneaky wee £400K for Salmon at Killie as well.
Now that would be a forward line!

IFONLY
20-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I think we need to calm down a bit. Yes he was at East Mains and yes we are trying to sign him. It doesn't mean he will. He is a decent player and will have plenty options in front of him. Whisper it but he may not sign.

Where does it say that? Did I miss something?

Craig_in_Prague
20-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Seems he may well have been. There was a thread about some cameras, bentley etc at EM yesterday. Butcher said he was talking to Hibs on Wed.
Seems it could have been Rooney then!

greenlex
20-01-2011, 04:35 PM

I have it on the best of authority he was there yesterday.

Cropley10
20-01-2011, 04:35 PM

But if he does sign it will be all down to Rod ? :devil:

greenlex
20-01-2011, 04:37 PM
But if he does sign it will be all down to Rod ? :devil:

Of course. :)

ancient hibee
20-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Delivering fish was he?

IFONLY
20-01-2011, 04:39 PM

So you never seen him there, why is it always someone else? By the way I am not bad calling you its just all the stories about Hibs, transfers excetra always come from another source or from someone "in the know"

GreenCastle
20-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Delivering fish was he?

Pizza ?

greenlex
20-01-2011, 04:40 PM
So you never seen him there, why is it always someone else? By the way I am not bad calling you its just all the stories about Hibs, transfers excetra always come from another source or from someone "in the know"

No I never saw him there and I understand your reasons for being sceptical.
Put it this way if Hibs were talking to him they will have had him round East Mains wouldn't they?

bighairyfaeleith
20-01-2011, 04:46 PM
He's a ****ing ginger!!!!!!

Seriously is this how low we are stooping now, we are signing ginger people, I mean there not even real people.

greenlex
20-01-2011, 04:48 PM
He's a ****ing ginger!!!!!!

Seriously is this how low we are stooping now, we are signing ginger people, I mean there not even real people.

A firey redhead. We could do with a whole team of them at the moment.

Velma Dinkley
20-01-2011, 04:54 PM
My mate was delivering fish to East Mains today and he said he saw Sammon there

Speedway
20-01-2011, 04:56 PM
According to someone on the PM board, Rooney will be announced this evening.

ancient hibee
20-01-2011, 04:59 PM
A firey redhead. We could do with a whole team of them at the moment.
I believe Lucille Ball was a steady left back.

GreenCastle
20-01-2011, 04:59 PM

:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
20-01-2011, 05:05 PM

this post just stinks

Niffy
20-01-2011, 05:45 PM

like it.

Now stop it , I'm trying to be depressed.

bighairyfaeleith
20-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I have to say despite his gingerism I reckon this could be a really good signing!

John_the_angus_hibby
20-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I have to say despite his gingerism I reckon this could be a really good signing!

The wife says 'red and green, shouldn't be seen'. So fashion crime immediately then!

bighairyfaeleith
20-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Cheers just saved me a tenner :thumbsup:

John_the_angus_hibby
20-01-2011, 05:56 PM
The wife says 'red and green, shouldn't be seen'. So fashion crime immediately then!

Unless he's an Irish queen I'm told?!??!!?

bighairyfaeleith
20-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Unless he's an Irish queen I'm told?!??!!?

Oh the hibees are gay:singing:

Wheat Hound
20-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Let's hope so, though I reckon would be more likely to be in the morning tomorrow than late tonight?

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2011, 06:31 PM
seen on stv that ict are looking at gregory tade of raith rovers as a replacement. That must mean that Rooney is off somewhere.

Hermit Crab
20-01-2011, 06:38 PM
:hyper: Oooh a signing (maybe) :greengrin

RickyS
20-01-2011, 06:39 PM
seen on stv that ict are looking at gregory tade of raith rovers as a replacement. That must mean that Rooney is off somewhere.

Tade is out of contract, same as Rooney. they might be looking at a pre-contract as well.

Houchy
20-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Tade is out of contract, same as Rooney. they might be looking at a pre-contract as well.

Tade, sounds like Nade and looking at his wiki page, looks to have a similar scoring record too. 8 goals for Raith in 48 matches???

RickyS
20-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Tade, sounds like Nade and looking at his wiki page, looks to have a similar scoring record too. 8 goals for Raith in 48 matches???

seen him play mate and he makes Nade look like Messi, he is a big lump of wood, horrendous first touch and runs like he has dropped a large one in his "Y's". Can't see an SPL club signing him

Wotherspiniesta
20-01-2011, 06:50 PM

He's French aswell. And he looks a little like him.:feed::nade:

Houchy
20-01-2011, 06:53 PM

Never thought i'd see that smillie again lol

Houchy
20-01-2011, 06:55 PM
seen him play mate and he makes Nade look like Messi, he is a big lump of wood, horrendous first touch and runs like he has dropped a large one in his "Y's". Can't see an SPL club signing him

:greengrin Sound like the sort of player we'd go for then. He'll fit right in here lol.

JCHibby
20-01-2011, 06:55 PM

To be fair, Tade is a big strong fast lad, not technically gifted but will run all day and will knock boys about all day long. Give him a one on one and there's a high chance he will miss the target however....

Houchy
20-01-2011, 07:01 PM
To be fair, Tade is a big strong fast lad, not technically gifted but will run all day and will knock boys about all day long. Give him a one on one and there's a high chance he will miss the target however....

If he can add a bit of fight, he could replace degraff who can miss open goals every day of the week but doesn't show any fight:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
20-01-2011, 07:10 PM
:hyper: Oooh a signing (maybe) :greengrin

Nae chance

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2011, 07:17 PM
a pre contract would be right. A donkey should cost you hee-haw.

Bostonhibby
20-01-2011, 07:28 PM

**** it, we might be useless at fitba but we can have a laugh, lets only go for players who rhyme, we have the invincible defensive partnership of Thicot and Dickoh, why not Tade and Nade up front? And is Eugene Dade still around?

Iggy Pope
20-01-2011, 07:34 PM
**** it, we might be useless at fitba but we can have a laugh, lets only go for players who rhyme, we have the invincible defensive partnership of Thicot and Dickoh, why not Tade and Nade up front? And is Eugene Dade still around?

Tade, Nade, Dade and Imre Varadi?

Bostonhibby
20-01-2011, 07:40 PM

:greengrin:thumbsup: Nearly choked on my Mogadon, a song as well! Brilliant.

All to the tune of "thats amore" by Dean Martin?

Skol
20-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Jimmy Boco at full back

jodjam
20-01-2011, 07:43 PM
:greengrin:thumbsup: Nearly choked on my Mogadon, a song as well! Brilliant.

All to the tune of "thats amore" by Dean Martin?

or a cover version sung by "sade"

HibeeMcGinn1
20-01-2011, 07:55 PM
wee rumours on twitter saying that Rangers are looking at Rooney as a replacement for Miller :confused:

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Not a hope in hell Hibs will land Rooney either on a pre contract or next summer.

Not a hope in hell..

Im willing to take stick whenever he signs .

IMO its a lot of nonsensical rumours and i aint buying it...He can have the pick of his clubs that pay wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than we do.

Rooney at hibs? :hilarious

RickyS
20-01-2011, 08:18 PM
wee rumours on twitter saying that rangers are looking at rooney as a replacement for miller :confused:

dirty hun bassa's!!!!!!!!!!

3pm
20-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Not a hope in hell Hibs will land Rooney either on a pre contract or next summer.

Not a hope in hell..

IMO its a lot of nonsensical rumours and i aint buying it...He can have the pick of his clubs that pay wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than we do.

What good is getting a bit stick Andy lad? Real men sit in beans when they lose bets.

BroxburnHibee
20-01-2011, 08:20 PM
What good is getting a bit stick Andy lad? Real men sit in beans when they lose bets.

:hilarious

:top marks

IWasThere2016
20-01-2011, 08:20 PM

Not a hope in hell..

I agree Andy. I don't see it happening either.

Saorsa
20-01-2011, 08:21 PM
What good is getting a bit stick Andy lad? Real men sit in beans when they lose bets.:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 08:23 PM

My last bet i placed was regarding 'Ian murray' and sitting in a bath full of beans if he DIDNT sign a contract with hibs ..He duly did :cool2:

Adam Rooney? :no way:

BroxburnHibee
20-01-2011, 08:24 PM
My last bet i placed was regarding 'Ian murray' and sitting in a bath full of beans if he DIDNT sign a contract with hibs ..He duly did :cool2:

Adam Rooney? :no way:

One of the few bets you've got right :tee hee:

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 08:26 PM
One of the few bets you've got right :tee hee:

Cheeky cant :greengrin

Check the 'Lets stuff the bookies thread' As recent as last night :greengrin:wink:

Toaods
20-01-2011, 08:26 PM

good line at Kabadi

KWJ
20-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Is it just me that doesn't think he's all that?

He's better than we've got and I hope he signs and proves me wrong but I don't think he's done that much yet really. Connor Sammon was pish last year, anybody can have a few decent months.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Tade, Nade, Dade and Imre Varadi?<br />

and david goodwillie, cos he's a real baddie?

EskbankHibby
20-01-2011, 08:51 PM

My Irish son Patrick is a fine forward and would do a job sooooo that's Tade, Nade, Dade, Imre Varadi and ma laddie Paddy.

frazeHFC
20-01-2011, 09:02 PM

I remember that, never knew it was you though. :wink:

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 09:09 PM

You ken now :agree:

Dinnae get me mixed up with Gramo and Riordan tho :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
20-01-2011, 09:17 PM
My Irish son Patrick is a fine forward and would do a job sooooo that's Tade, Nade, Dade, Imre Varadi and ma laddie Paddy.

And any goal by them is rewarded with 'Under the moon of love' being blasted out the speakers......Showaddywaddy of course

Pedantic_Hibee
20-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Wisnae HibbyAndy, it was ex Falkirk and Hibs striker Tam Showumni. :agree:

3pm
20-01-2011, 09:19 PM
You ken now :agree:

Dinnae get me mixed up with Gramo and Riordan tho :greengrin

Was that when Riordan sat in the beans after saying 'there is no way Gramo will sign for Hibs'?

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Was that when Riordan sat in the beans after saying 'there is no way Gramo will sign for Hibs'?

Nah

It was when Sproule sat in a hot tub with naked burds from Sweden ( All shaven ) After Hibs fans said we couldnt get a part time Mechanic for 5 K?

jonny
20-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Is it just me that doesn't think he's all that?

He's better than we've got and I hope he signs and proves me wrong but I don't think he's done that much yet really. Connor Sammon was pish last year, anybody can have a few decent months.

Decent few months? :confused:
24 goals last season - albeit in the 1st division and 14 so far this season. His overall scoring record for Inverness is nearly 1 in 2 games (played 85 - including substitute appearances and scored 40) and that's between the ages of 19 and 22.
He's better than anything we have at the moment - IMO including Riordan. The lads only 22 as well so bags of future potential. If we pull this one off I think it'd be a major coup.

3pm
20-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Nah

It was when Sproule sat in a hot tub with naked burds from Sweden ( All shaven ) After Hibs fans said we couldnt get a part time Mechanic for 5 K?

Deserved a hot tub full of Swedish beauties after the 3 goals at Ibrox!

Lmc2105
20-01-2011, 09:35 PM
my friend up in inverness is saying he is already looking to life without rooney and he seems quite keen on the guy tade from raith!

he said that people up there are just waiting for it to be confirmed but they all want him to go now so they get a little bit of dosh for him

i think something might get released tomorrow maybe not about Rooney but someone

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Deserved a hot tub full of Swedish beauties after the 3 goals at Ibrox!

:top marks

silverhibee
20-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Not a hope in hell..

Get ready to take some stick then, :wink:, will a baseball bat do.:greengrin.

3pm
20-01-2011, 10:17 PM

You think it's likely?

silverhibee
20-01-2011, 10:21 PM
dirty hun bassa's!!!!!!!!!!

The huns are not after A. Rooney or Badwullie.:wink:

IWasThere2016
20-01-2011, 10:21 PM

Silver - what time was Rooney at EM roughly? My mate was at EM to see Hibs-Accies u/19s and didnae see him. I'm sure he was there a good while also eg pre and post match.

IberianHibernian
20-01-2011, 10:38 PM
my friend up in inverness is saying he is already looking to life without rooney and he seems quite keen on the guy tade from raith!

he said that people up there are just waiting for it to be confirmed but they all want him to go now so they get a little bit of dosh for him

i think something might get released tomorrow maybe not about Rooney but someoneRead in a Spanish paper today that ICT have a defender ( Williams I think ) from Glen Hoddle`s school on trial this week . He`s been playing for a club in Third which has 17 groups after First , Second and Second B ( 4 groups ) divisions so a pretty low level though his team ( Jerez Industrial ) is made up mainly of players from Hoddle`s school ( team for young players - mainly English - who have been released by clubs ) so maybe players are of a higher level or at least have potential . I mention it as further proof that clubs have to make a real effort to look for new players - presume someone from Hibs is doig the same .

silverhibee
20-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Silver - what time was Rooney at EM roughly? My mate was at EM to see Hibs-Accies u/19s and didnae see him. I'm sure he was there a good while also eg pre and post match.

I really dont know what time he was there TQM, but i do know for sure that he was there at EM.

Springbank
20-01-2011, 10:47 PM

Not forgetting Faddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nmtB7rBs3M&feature=related[/URL]

joe_hfc
21-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty excited, just so I can sing this song:

na-na na-na na-na na-na na-na, na-na,
he's 6 foot 2 with ginger hair,
we'd rather wayne but we don't care,
a-dam, roo-ney, Hibernians number 9!

:taxi

Hibs On Tour
21-01-2011, 12:21 AM

Here's hoping they're not after a certain Mr Riordan then...

Spike Mandela
21-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Butcher say Hibs wanting Rooney at end of season but not discussing a pre contract as such:confused: WTF is going on?

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Terry-Butcher-says-Hibs-are.6697662.jp

hibsboy90
21-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Butcher say Hibs wanting Rooney at end of season but not discussing a pre contract as such:confused: WTF is going on?

Could that mean, you fancy joining us at the end of the season, provided we stay up???

RickyS
21-01-2011, 01:26 AM

only Hibs eh, stumbling blocks after stumbling blocks! just get the boy and get him now!

Callum_62
21-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Me thinks Hibs wont want all these headlines and quotes coming from Caley.

spike220
21-01-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty excited, just so I can sing this song:

he's 6 foot 2 with ginger hair,
we'd rather wayne but we don't care,
a-dam, roo-ney, Hibernians number 9!

:taxi

This would be a welcome entry into the new chants thread, you will find yourself in good company there!:greengrin

CA Hibby
21-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Read in a Spanish paper today that ICT have a defender ( Williams I think ) from Glen Hoddle`s school on trial this week . He`s been playing for a club in Third which has 17 groups after First , Second and Second B ( 4 groups ) divisions so a pretty low level though his team ( Jerez Industrial ) is made up mainly of players from Hoddle`s school ( team for young players - mainly English - who have been released by clubs ) so maybe players are of a higher level or at least have potential . I mention it as further proof that clubs have to make a real effort to look for new players - presume someone from Hibs is doig the same .

I was watching something about this here on US tv, and they were at the camp, interviewing the players. One kid was offered the chance to come and sign for Hibs, but took the Hoddle's school offer instead. Think he was released by a championship team, cant remember which one though

forthhibby
21-01-2011, 06:16 AM

do you not get him signed up on pre contract then it makes the negoiations for signing him straightaway a lot easier

spike220
21-01-2011, 06:19 AM
do you not get him signed up on pre contract then it makes the negoiations for signing him straightaway a lot easier

Yip, thats the way to do business, then they will be happy for antything they can get.

J-C
21-01-2011, 09:16 AM

Probably ICT letting Hibs know that if they want him now, stump up the cash.

Hibs90
21-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Rooney would be a great signing, mainly because his FM 11 stats are amazing. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
21-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Hibs know what they're doing.

Butcher also said, "I would imagine if there's to be any sort of movement it will come next week."

JimBHibees
21-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Hibs know what they're doing.

Butcher also said, "I would imagine if there's to be any sort of movement it will come next week."

Yep sounds almost resigned to losing him this window IMO.

Iain G
21-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Sounds like ITC trying to get some media attention that we are in for the lad to drum up some competition to get some cash for him now while they still can :agree:

Hibee87
21-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I would liek to think if we sign him on a pre contract inverness and hibs could come to soem dort of deal 100K plus nish for example if all parties could agree it woudl be a win win. we get rooney, they get some dosh and proven spl goal scorer :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
21-01-2011, 09:57 AM

So they ARE after Derek Riordan after all then ?

Heard from someone related to a player that Riordan has either agreed to sign or has signed a pre contract with Rangers.

Thoughts SH ?

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Heard from someone related to a player that Riordan has either agreed to sign or has signed a pre contract with Rangers.

Thoughts SH ?

Probably bullox mate I also heared that he is joining Wolves at the end of the season and Hibs offered him a 1 year contract on half of his current wage, which I cant see happening to be fair!

dalkeith stu
21-01-2011, 10:19 AM

Thoughts SH ?

I heard from someone close to Ian Durrant that he has signed a pre contract with them. They wanted him from celtic but he didn't want to do a Mo Johnstone.

Was hoping this wasn't true but on recent performances...

Speedway
21-01-2011, 10:24 AM

I heard from a source close to Duran Duran that Riordan has signed nothing of the sort and that we're after James McFadden, so that would make it, Tade, Nade, Dade, Imre Varadi, the laddie Paddy and McFaddy.

JimBHibees
21-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I heard from someone close to Ian Durrant that he has signed a pre contract with them. They wanted him from celtic but he didn't want to do a Mo Johnstone.

Was hoping this wasn't true but on recent performances...

If that is the case hope he leaves now. In saying that would imagine the weedge tabloids would have been all over this. Ex-Celt signs for Rangers kind of junk.

Dalianwanda
21-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Personally I would let Deeks move on if it paved the way for us to get Rooney.

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 10:56 AM
I think im probaly im the camp of letting Deeks move one, think the team needs a total overhaul and possible get rid of the big egos etc. He doesnt seem interested and has went right of the boil for most of this season, mind put him in a team with better players around him and that could be different.

Hibby Bairn
21-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I heard from a source close to Duran Duran that Riordan has signed nothing of the sort and that we're after James McFadden, so that would make it, Tade, Nade, Dade, Imre Varadi, the laddie Paddy and McFaddy.

Don't forget Maddy (Thornhill). :agree:

Stuarty1875
21-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I think im probaly im the camp of letting Deeks move one, think the team needs a total overhaul and possible get rid of the big egos etc. He doesnt seem interested and has went right of the boil for most of this season, mind put him in a team with better players around him and that could be different.

I agree. Even though he is our top goalscorer, he is a luxury we can't afford to have at this moment.

Rooney would be a great signing if we can get him.

smurf
21-01-2011, 12:04 PM
This "Riordan is a luxury we can no longer afford" and "..he's lazy and no interested..." POV really is laughable.

The game is ultimately about scoring more GOALS than the opposition.

Writing off a living still playing for the club goalscoring machine legend is bizzare and quite frankly ridiculous.

Brooster
21-01-2011, 12:07 PM
This "Riordan is a luxury we can no longer afford" and "..he's lazy and no interested..." POV really is laughable.

Writing off a living still playing for the club goalscoring machine legend is bizzare and quite frankly ridiculous.

When did this goal machine last score a goal?

erin-go-bragh87
21-01-2011, 12:12 PM

When did he last get some decent service. Deek would thrive playing with someone like Rooney who would win headers and 50/50s and allow Deek to play his game. I dont know how people expect to score goals from higfh balls hoofed up to him, hes never gonna win a header against a 6 foot centre half.

smurf
21-01-2011, 12:17 PM

Still by far our top goalscorer in a poor season for him.

Who creates anything for him? Or are you expecting Messi type goals from him?

Aye just like Wayne Rooney he's finished...

Dirkster23
21-01-2011, 12:19 PM
When did he last get some decent service. Deek would thrive playing with someone like Rooney who would win headers and 50/50s and allow Deek to play his game. I dont know how people expect to score goals from higfh balls hoofed up to him, hes never gonna win a header against a 6 foot centre half.

You do realise that Riordan's actually 5' 11 himself?

I do agree though, we'd get more from him playing with a decent target man that can bring him into the game.

JimBHibees
21-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Would normally agree with that however his last few performances have IMO tended to have given the impression on not really giving one or of having other things on his mind. Hopefully that can change though if recent performances are what we can expect think we should move on.

ALF TUPPER
21-01-2011, 12:27 PM

:top marks good one :faf:

Hibs On Tour
21-01-2011, 01:00 PM

Yes. Probably the only player we have with a goal threat. Move him on. Genius, that's what it is. Excuse me for asking the obvious but WTF would be wrong with Riordan *and* Rooney up front thereby potentially doubling our goal threat?

Honestly. FFS. And all that kinda jazz...

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes. Probably the only player we have with a goal threat. Move him on. Genius, that's what it is. Excuse me for asking the obvious but WTF would be wrong with Riordan *and* Rooney up front thereby potentially doubling our goal threat?

Honestly. FFS. And all that kinda jazz...

Easy chief im entitled to my opinion!

Im not having a go at DR for his goals we would be ****ed without them to date however I am basing my comments on what ive witnessed from him in the last how many months. As someone said before the way the team is just now he is a luxury and doesnt seem to be up for the fight, and lets face it if we are gona have to battle our way out of this, which IMO we are, is he the type of player that would do it? He doesnt look interested, moans all the time and IMO is lazy. Like I said in a good team he will be better I would think but in our current plight I think he is offering very little. We went to Ibrox and put on the best performance of the season minus DR, does that say something or are Hibs all about Deek?

PC Stamp
21-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Im not having a go at DR for his goals we would be ****ed without them to date however I am basing my comments on what ive witnessed from him in the last how many months. As someone said before the way the team is just now he is a luxury and doesnt seem to be up for the fight, and lets face it if we are gona have to battle our way out of this, which IMO we are, is he the type of player that would do it? He doesnt look interested, moans all the time and IMO is lazy. Like I said in a good team he will be better I would think but in our current plight I think he is offering very little. We went to Ibrox and put on the best performance of the season minus DR, does that say something or are Hibs all about Deek?

It says why have such as Rankin and Miller who both scored from distance in that game never stepped up to the plate and done it again since?

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 01:22 PM
It says why have such as Rankin and Miller who both scored from distance in that game never stepped up to the plate and done it again since?

Exactly, and im sure not too many people on here would lose much sleep if these 2 were moved on aswell??

greenlex
21-01-2011, 01:23 PM
To be fair Miller did try a week or so ago( either against Celtic or Ayr at ER)
Ironically it was deflected onto the bar by Riordan.:)

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Thats it, final nail n the coffin get him out :greengrin

hiblander
21-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Rooney...wouldnt want him anyway...we have signed Thornhill !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9369624.stm

He's errr a thorn in the side !

Wheat Hound
21-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Bump!

No further info anyone?

RickyS
21-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Bump!

No further info anyone?

was wondering the same, with Butcher confirming we are speaking to him should we be hoping for Monday/Tuesday or will Rooney leave it till the end of the month to see what his options are? c'mon Adam you know it makes sense!

Jim44
21-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Rooney...wouldnt want him anyway...we have signed Thornhill !
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9369624.stm

He's errr a thorn in the side !

So? What's the connection between Rooney and Thornhill?:confused:

Beefster
21-01-2011, 06:16 PM

It's not Riordan's fault that he's playing poorly as no-one is giving him what he needs. That must let Nish, Duffy and Trakys off the hook too. Let's get them all signed up again.

hiblander
21-01-2011, 06:21 PM
So? What's the connection between Rooney and Thornhill?:confused:

There is none what is the connection between you commenting on my post about all ??

Are you the English police old chap?

HibbyAndy
21-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Still by far our top goalscorer in a poor season for him.

Who creates anything for him? Or are you expecting Messi type goals from him?

Aye just like Wayne Rooney he's finished...

To sensible Smurf, Its aw Riordans fault we are where we are. Nae service upto him from an utterly shight team to watch.

Still if im led to believe the two that are up top tomorrow dont score then we will scrutinise them tomorrow night?

Course Riordan is off the boil..Like every single player ... Bigtime actually..But lets not let our only real genuine goal threat get in the way of a good ding dong .

scoopyboy
21-01-2011, 09:06 PM

I really hope Deek starts scoring again soon, for everyone's sake.

However this give it to Deeks feet and he will do the rest is wearing a bit thin, he is allowed to move for the ball.

You say hes never going to win a header against a 6ft centre half, you are correct for the simple reason that he doesn't challenge or jump for the ball. He is no midget and he might just win a header occasionally if he tried.

He has been a goal machine for Hibs, no argument for me on that front but when does a goal machine cease to be so?

When he stops scoring goals perhaps.

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 09:14 PM
To sensible Smurf, Its aw Riordans fault we are where we are. Nae service upto him from an utterly shight team to watch.

Still if im led to believe the two that are up top tomorrow dont score then we will scrutinise them tomorrow night?

Course Riordan is off the boil..Like every single player ... Bigtime actually..But lets not let our only real genuine goal threat get in the way of a good ding dong .

Aye ok Andy so he is less culpable than any the other players who are subjected to the same critizisam that they all truley deserve. You would think that your so called only genuine goal threat would at least contribut to something for the last 2 to 3 months, sorry I dont see he has. Less of the DR he is our saviour chat, he is a player with more talent than half the guys n our team yet what are we seeing nowt, simple as!

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I really hope Deek starts scoring again soon, for everyone's sake.

However this give it to Deeks feet and he will do the rest is wearing a bit thin, he is allowed to move for the ball.

You say hes never going to win a header against a 6ft centre half, you are correct for the simple reason that he doesn't challenge or jump for the ball. He is no midget and he might just win a header occasionally if he tried.

He has been a goal machine for Hibs, no argument for me on that front but when does a goal machine cease to be so?

When he stops scoring goals perhaps.

:top marks:top marks

HibbyAndy
21-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Aye ok Andy so he is less culpable than any the other players who are subjected to the same critizisam that they all truley deserve. You would think that your so called only genuine goal threat would at least contribut to something for the last 2 to 3 months, sorry I dont see he has. Less of the DR he is our saviour chat, he is a player with more talent than half the guys n our team yet what are we seeing nowt, simple as!

Did you actually read my post or just read the bit you highlited?...Riordan has been utter rank lately, Like the whole team has been.

DR is our saviour chat? Again, You said that not me..Riordan will score goals.. Thats not in doubt..And id rather have him in my team than any other striker we have at the club ..Not hard really as there aint many eh?

Wee goal drout? For sure, Pish in recent weeks? Defo..Id still have Riordan in a hibs starting 11 every day of the week for me tho.

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Did you actually read my post or just read the bit you highlited?...Riordan has been utter rank lately, Like the whole team has been.

DR is our saviour chat? Again, You said that not me..Riordan will score goals.. Thats not in doubt..And id rather have him in my team than any other striker we have at the club ..Not hard really as there aint many eh?

Wee goal drout? For sure, Pish in recent weeks? Defo..Id still have Riordan in a hibs starting 11 every day of the week for me tho.

Course I read ur post, notibly "Dont let our genuine goal threat get in for a right ding dong or sumit", so by that comment ur implying to me he shouldnt be critizised, no? I for one would much rather take a player that is gona work his ar&e off throw himself into evrey challenge and make defenders work at this desperate stage in our season. Not a guy who is capale of brilliance which he is, and moaps about like he would rather be somewhere else, but how often have we seen that in the last few months?

It feels to me that too many people are pinning our hopes on DR scoring the goals that will save us, not for me, id take a hanlon dickho scrappy 1 nil win over anyone than await DR getting back to his old self.

SouthamptonHibs
21-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Delighted we are in talks with Rooney....

Petrie get the cash out!!....if ICT have ko'd £100k from the russians then surely in our current psition we can't waste anytime...
what ever money we got for Bamba (£250k) pass it onto ICT and get Rooney! This season ain't about making money or breaking even...
it's about staying in the SPL....

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate....

With a few signings we might get a few more fans through the front door...

HibbyAndy
21-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Course I read ur post, notibly "Dont let our genuine goal threat get in for a right ding dong or sumit", so by that comment ur implying to me he shouldnt be critizised, no? I for one would much rather take a player that is gona work his ar&e off throw himself into evrey challenge and make defenders work at this desperate stage in our season. Not a guy who is capale of brilliance which he is, and moaps about like he would rather be somewhere else, but how often have we seen that in the last few months?

It feels to me that too many people are pinning our hopes on DR scoring the goals that will save us, not for me, id take a hanlon dickho scrappy 1 nil win over anyone than await DR getting back to his old self.

So would i..But whens the last time that happened? Whens the last time we kept a clean sheet?.

Tell me, You would rather have a player that is gonna throw his erse in the way..Go into every challenge...And make defenders work..Tell me who in this current hibs side can do that?

We aint gonna agree on this, But id have Riordan in my team over any other player every day of the week,,He wont win headers,,He does look ****ed at times..He moans etc. All very very true..But you dont score over a hundred goals in the spl for nowt.

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 09:47 PM
So would i..But whens the last time that happened? Whens the last time we kept a clean sheet?.

Tell me, You would rather have a player that is gonna throw his erse in the way..Go into every challenge...And make defenders work..Tell me who in this current hibs side can do that?

We aint gonna agree on this, But id have Riordan in my team over any other player every day of the week,,He wont win headers,,He does look ****ed at times..He moans etc. All very very true..But you dont score over a hundred goals in the spl for nowt.

When was the last time deeks scored, its all relevant! He has been as pish as anyone anmore so given he has more talent than anyone in our squad"!

I didnt say we had that typpe of player currently in the squad mate I said id rather have a player like that! Hence why we should go out and get someone to suit this situation we are in.

Im not disagreing about the golas he has scored and I have loved every one of them and will always be so thankfull for them however given our current situation I think we can ill afford a luxury player which I think over the last fe month Deek has turned into!

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Aye ok Andy so he is less culpable than any the other players who are subjected to the same critizisam that they all truley deserve. You would think that your so called only genuine goal threat would at least contribut to something for the last 2 to 3 months, sorry I dont see he has. Less of the DR he is our saviour chat, he is a player with more talent than half the guys n our team yet what are we seeing nowt, simple as!Scored 4 goals in this period - 2 against Motherwell at ER giving us a victory. Is this the something your talking about? :cool2:

GreenCastle
21-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Against St Johnstone - Terrible 0v0 :rolleyes:

Last time we won and kept a clean sheet - Ibrox 0v3 :agree:

sesoim
21-01-2011, 09:53 PM
A decent attacking Hibs team with a target man would get the best out of Riordan.

If we let Riordan go then where do we find another guy who is capable of scoring 20 goals a season for under £4k a week?

HibbyAndy
When was the last time deeks scored, its all relevant! He has been as pish as anyone anmore so given he has more talent than anyone in our squad"!

I didnt say we had that typpe of player currently in the squad mate I said id rather have a player like that! Hence why we should go out and get someone to suit this situation we are in.

Im not disagreing about the golas he has scored and I have loved every one of them and will always be so thankfull for them however given our current situation I think we can ill afford a luxury player which I think over the last fe month Deek has turned into!

When was the last time anyone scored?

He'd be in my team .

SMAXXA
Scored 4 goals in this period - 2 against Motherwell at ER giving us a victory. Is this the something your talking about? :cool2:

2 in one game yip, falls into the Nish 4 in the last fe games of last season :greengrin

Seriously tho since then and before? It so frustrates me as he has so much talent, but im resigning myself to seeing a battle to keep us in the league no place for luxuarys

HibbyAndy
21-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Against St Johnstone - Terrible 0v0 :rolleyes:

Last time we won and kept a clean sheet - Ibrox 0v3 :agree:

:aok: Cheers for that.

The game directly after Ibrox Deek scored two goals in a 2-1 home win.

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 09:56 PM
When was the last time anyone scored?

He'd be in my team .

I know mate but given he is more talanted than anyone in our squad i for one would expect something better, as they say the cream rises to the top!!! Well not in our current situation!

SMAXXA
21-01-2011, 09:58 PM
:aok: Cheers for that.

The game directly after Ibrox Deek scored two goals in a 2-1 home win.

Game before that lol we played as a team abd worked our balls off I saw it first hamd! Even Mowbray left him out when it came to games like that, its painting its own picturre lol just messin we have had some cracking results at ibronx how many with deeks lol :greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Game before that lol we played as a team abd worked our balls off I saw it first hamd! Even Mowbray left him out when it came to games like that, its painting its own picturre lol just messin we have had some cracking results at ibronx how many with deeks lol :greengrin

All gid banter mate :agree:

I remember a cracking through ball from Deek for Killen tho who made it 0-3 :thumbsup:

sesoim
21-01-2011, 10:02 PM

:agree: Why do certain players suddenly raise their game against certain teams? That Ibrox performance came from nowhere and then within a couple of games we're struggling at home to St Johnstone then getting hammered by Inverness.

Those games certainly back up those of us questioning certain players' commitment.

Hibs On Tour
21-01-2011, 10:52 PM

You are indeed :greengrin

You're still wrong though! :na na:

We can battle all day long every day from now until Xmas, without goals at the business end of it - all that battling will count for the square root of zip...

PS - my take on it is that he moans because unlike some of our other shirkers, he does actually care - he's a Hibby after all! Dare say that him, Nish and Murray are feeling it more than certain others in the squad just now...

Hibs On Tour
21-01-2011, 10:58 PM
A decent attacking Hibs team with a target man would get the best out of Riordan.

If we let Riordan go then where do we find another guy who is capable of scoring 20 goals a season for under £4k a week?

Exactamundo! :agree:

All those who would have us selling off our best striker just now because he's going through the same period of **** form as the rest of our players conveniently forget that we're not going to be sitting here forever in this mess - if we sell DR now, exactly who is going to stick the chances away when we start playing better again...? The goal machines that are Nish, Trackys and Duffy? Aye, nae bother then...

DR staying is a MUST
Getting another striker in to score goals alongside him is a close second

moggie
21-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I find it strange that no team seems to be banging on riordans door looking for his signature now that he can sign a pre season contract, wonder why that is.:cool2:

matty_f
21-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I find it strange that no team seems to be banging on riordans door looking for his signature now that he can sign a pre season contract, wonder why that is.:cool2:

Mostly done by phone these days. Email at worst. The days of door knocking are long since gone.:agree:

EskbankHibby
21-01-2011, 11:22 PM
2 in one game yip, falls into the Nish 4 in the last fe games of last season :greengrin

Seriously tho since then and before? It so frustrates me as he has so much talent, but im resigning myself to seeing a battle to keep us in the league no place for luxuarys

We will find out how we get on without him against Motherwell i believe, less likely to score imo.

Happy to be proven wrong in a 2-0 victory though.

eastmainsmsh
21-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Reckon Rooney if he signs will score goals for us :agree:

Canny think what might have been if we signed big Denneboom he was magic for Twente when they had the run in uefa ...thats in past tho

Be good if we get Rooney :aok:

Mibbes Aye
21-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Mostly done by phone these days. Email at worst. The days of door knocking are long since gone.:agree:

Doorbells were probably the first nail in the coffin admittedly.

Toaods
22-01-2011, 01:59 AM

he was the only starting midfielder who fought for the ball at Ayr and he also had a very good firm header that was unlucky not to see hit the back of the net.

Granted he's been more consitently below average than consitent, but let's not spoil the made-up vision some have that he never tries a leg.

Ernie Cobra
22-01-2011, 02:56 AM

whats french for cat?

essexhibee
22-01-2011, 06:45 AM

I remember a cracking through ball from Deek for Killen tho who made it 0-3 :thumbsup:
"And Hibs are living a dream here at Ibrox "

Jim44
22-01-2011, 06:51 AM

Maybe there are and it's all all hush hush. Or maybe we're the only ones who don't share Levein's perpective on Riordan.

son of haggart
22-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Doorbells were probably the first nail in the coffin admittedly.

You have a coffin lid as a door?

That's weird!:cool2:

Springbank
22-01-2011, 07:04 AM

true, but it doesn't necessarily make your point, in that the pass (a gloriously precise one, great vision!) was only a minute or two after Riordan came on as sub, with the game already effectively won :flag:

Mogga dropped him for all games at Ibrox, some at Parkhead and even the occasional one at Tynecastle.

jst1875
22-01-2011, 07:49 AM
You have a coffin lid as a door?

That's weird!:cool2:

a jambo who's a regular on hibs.net

thats foocking weird !

:spammy:

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote from the young boys Berne manager today saying that he has been to watch Rooney and is very interested in him

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote from the young boys Berne manager today saying that he has been to watch Rooney and is very interested in him

I don't see him at Hibs - better earnings and level of football to be had elsewhere.

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 08:09 AM
a jambo who's foocking weird !

:spammy:

Better :agree:

degenerated
22-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't see him at Hibs

even if he does sign that statement will be beyond doubt in your case :wink:

ekhibee
22-01-2011, 01:36 PM

I thought that was Scott Brown that made the pass.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 01:41 PM
even if he does sign that statement will be beyond doubt in your case :wink:

If he signs at the end of this window I might see his home debut :wink:

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I thought that was Scott Brown that made the pass.

Defo Deeks inside LB and Killen was in :agree:

stevensons-fan
22-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Anyone heard anything more about this? Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to come to us!

RickyS
22-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Anyone heard anything more about this? Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to come to us!

even if he was happy with everything else, if he watches the bunch of loser wage thieves that would become his team mates would have me running a ****in mile