PDA

View Full Version : Team for the rest of the season...

Amit
18-01-2011, 10:25 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

Walkerbaws
18-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Spot on! Can't be any worse than we witnessed tonight. At least this team would want to win the game.

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2011, 10:29 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

:agree: Dont forget Welsh.

Rest of them can get tae.

SloopJB
18-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Inverness

Amit
18-01-2011, 10:30 PM
:agree: Dont forget Welsh.

Rest of them can get tae.

Only left him out as I thought he was injured :wink: Is he?:wink:

KinchHibee
18-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Only left him out as I thought he was injured :wink: Is he?:wink:

Back in full training

Alfred E Newman
18-01-2011, 10:42 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

Duffy was abysmal tonight, another of Yogis master strokes. Zemmama not much better when he came on.

Atalanta
18-01-2011, 10:42 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

I would rather watch this team have a go than the dross that played tonight

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 10:43 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

Hopefully with another 3 or 4 signings. The chief culprits tonight should never play again for the club. Give them garden leave now.

woodyloon
18-01-2011, 10:46 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

Whats there to lose. :aok:

stewthehibee
18-01-2011, 10:47 PM
What na Riordan oh dear the lovers off will be shocked!!!!!!

Amit
18-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Duffy was abysmal tonight, another of Yogis master strokes. Zemmama not much better when he came on.

Duffy - To be honest with you the glimpses that I have seen in the games he has played or played a part in make me think he can be an asset.. he has had no decent service or support from the players in the middle of the park. I think he was the only player to have a shot on goal against Celtic (from a difficult cross) and hit the bar... I think he can do a job.. just needs players around him who are willing to give 100%...

Zemmama is a maverick but I think he still has that special quality to unlock defences or make something out of nothing... he has the passion and drive to win.

Amit
18-01-2011, 10:52 PM
What na Riordan oh dear the lovers off will be shocked!!!!!!

I know.. I was tempted to put him in but he is off the boil and low on confidence... most of the team do not take responsibility to create or score.. I think there is alot of pressure on Derek to score/provide every week. Take him out of the equation and that places the emphasis everyone else in the team to create/score.

Ernie Cobra
18-01-2011, 10:53 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

COULD NOT HAVE PUT THAT BETTER MYSELF!:agree:

sesoim
18-01-2011, 10:55 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

I'd go along with the above, apart from Hanlon at CB, who has been as bad as just about everyone else this season, and Duffy, who looks awful so far.

A couple of new CBs, a midfield general and a target man, all with experience and ability, would help. The youngsters would get the backing of the fans, but would need help.

Really, in the summer, we should bin about 15 of the first team squad and use their wages to sign 5 or 6 quality players, leaving room for the youngsters to break through.

frazeHFC
18-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Deek over Duffy any day.

Odds on this team actually happening.....a billion to one.

Amit
18-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Deek over Duffy any day.

Odds on this team actually happening.....a billion to one.

Think I'll stick a Euro Millions on this Friday.... better odds..! I think.. :greengrin

stewthehibee
18-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I know.. I was tempted to put him in but he is off the boil and low on confidence... most of the team do not take responsibility to create or score.. I think there is alot of pressure on Derek to score/provide every week. Take him out of the equation and that places the emphasis everyone else in the team to create/score.He didnt play at Hunbrox and we won!!!! Iam not having a got at deek but he whats the ball to feet all the time and has a go at the rest when they dont. How many times did he give the ball away tonight? Also to fair he was the only player that looked like he may give us a goal.

Amit
18-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd go along with the above, apart from Hanlon at CB, who has been as bad as just about everyone else this season, and Duffy, who looks awful so far.

A couple of new CBs, a midfield general and a target man, all with experience and ability, would help. The youngsters would get the backing of the fans, but would need help.

Really, in the summer, we should bin about 15 of the first team squad and use their wages to sign 5 or 6 quality players, leaving room for the youngsters to break through.

I thought Hanlon played well against Celtic and was the only defender who put his body on the line and tried his heart out to prevent conceding more.. the last ditch challenge on Stokes when he was pretty much one on one at the end of the game summed it up for me. There will be the odd mistake/learning curve on the way but I am confident given a good run of games in the same position (CB) he will come good for us...

PeterboroHibee
18-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Agree with most said in this thread. Regardless of the fact we are in a relegation battle, most of the players in our squad just arent up to the standard of SPL football. Put youngsters in, sure we will get a few drubbings here and there but at least it will be an attempt to sort things rather than this dross every week.

Amit
18-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Agree with most said in this thread. Regardless of the fact we are in a relegation battle, most of the players in our squad just arent up to the standard of SPL football. Put youngsters in, sure we will get a few drubbings here and there but at least it will be an attempt to sort things rather than this dross every week.

Murderwell's hand was forced, due to their financial situation, and they had no choice but to play the youngsters. They came good for them and I am confident that the boys from the under 19s double winners team can bring that much needed will to win and passion to better themselves...

At present there are too many players in the squad who are past it or just going through the motions until their contracts end and picking up a wage...

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-01-2011, 11:07 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Wotherspoon
CB - Stephens
CB - Hanlon
LB - Booth
RM - Zemmama
CM - Horner
CM - Taggart
LM - Galbraith
FW - Byrne
FW - Duffy

We're gonna get beat on Saturday with any team that remotely resembled the one that played tonight, so why not.

Capt Mainwaring
18-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I know.. I was tempted to put him in but he is off the boil and low on confidence... most of the team do not take responsibility to create or score.. I think there is alot of pressure on Derek to score/provide every week. Take him out of the equation and that places the emphasis everyone else in the team to create/score.

Riordan is without question the best forward we have, but he's lazy and not a team player. His goals are terrific pieces of individual skill, but does any one think if we sacrificed the individual for a player who contributes more to the team, that we might get a better balance? Harsh choice to make for the good of the team.

I absolutely accept howver that we'd need to buy such a player in - we don't currently have someone on the books who fits this role.

PeterboroHibee
18-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Riordan is without question the best forward we have, but he's lazy and not a team player. His goals are terrific pieces of individual skill, but does any one think if we sacrificed the individual for a player who contributes more to the team, that we might get a better balance? Harsh choice to make for the good of the team.

I absolutely accept howver that we'd need to buy such a player in - we don't currently have someone on the books who fits this role.

Think Duffy looks like more of a team player, seems to want to chase everything. Bit of a lost considering the hoofs from the back were going nowhere near the forwards. With a bit of service would be good to see what he can do.

hibeez1875
18-01-2011, 11:40 PM
The OP is spot on as far as I'm concerned. If a centre-half, a midfielder with some baws and a striker could be added before the end of the month then maybe we could stay in the SPL.
I don't think there's much chance CC will go down this route, but I hope he's brave enough to play more of the youngsters. Whatever team he plays, he MUST be brave enough in the summer to ditch the vast majority of the players out of contract.
I reckon that is a massive part of what's going wrong right now. CC's asking players who know they're going to be shown the door at the end of the season to save us from relegation. The players don't seem to give a stuff and on top of that they're piss poor. At least with the youngsters we should get a bit more passion and I reckon the majority of fans would show a bit of patience with them.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I think CC will add experience to the team in the transfer window.

Hopefully a real winner / leader who can take some charge.

Not holding my breath though.

Amit
18-01-2011, 11:46 PM
The OP is spot on as far as I'm concerned. If a centre-half, a midfielder with some baws and a striker could be added before the end of the month then maybe we could stay in the SPL.
I don't think there's much chance CC will go down this route, but I hope he's brave enough to play more of the youngsters. Whatever team he plays, he MUST be brave enough in the summer to ditch the vast majority of the players out of contract.
I reckon that is a massive part of what's going wrong right now. CC's asking players who know they're going to be shown the door at the end of the season to save us from relegation. The players don't seem to give a stuff and on top of that they're piss poor. At least with the youngsters we should get a bit more passion and I reckon the majority of fans would show a bit of patience with them.

:agree:

madabouthibs
18-01-2011, 11:54 PM
So much young talent could be wasted playing for Hibs this season, it could damage their careers catastrophically! Who have they got to look up to? Miller? Riordan? Murray??? Various other "experienced" huddys.....
Jeez, I'd be on the blower to my agent, or my dad, to get me the fech out of here! :confused:
Dunno what they do down at that East Mains place, but as far as I'm concerned it should still be used for milking cows. Complete waste of money and time! :rolleyes:

monktonharp
19-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I think CC will add experience to the team in the transfer window.

Hopefully a real winner / leader who can take some charge.

Not holding my breath though.what makes you "think" this? do you mean just one winner? i'm not expecting much more change in staff at all ,not this windae anyway. the manager is now under severe pressure,and looks as if his escape hatch is shutting,quicker than any windae. I too hope he can reverse this situation but it looks very grim at the minute. dont see him making wholescale changes either,with the young lads pitched in enmasse

Amit
19-01-2011, 12:02 AM
So much young talent could be wasted playing for Hibs this season, it could damage their careers catastrophically! Who have they got to look up to? Miller? Riordan? Murray??? Various other "experienced" huddys.....
Jeez, I'd be on the blower to my agent, or my dad, to get me the fech out of here! :confused:
Dunno what they do down at that East Mains place, but as far as I'm concerned it should still be used for milking cows. Complete waste of money and time! :rolleyes:

Alternatively the young lads should use this as an opportunity to bang on the manager's door and tell him they have something to offer/prove as the current "experienced" players are not playing at the standard expected of them.

madabouthibs
19-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Alternatively the young lads should use this as an opportunity to bang on the manager's door and tell them they have something to offer/prove as the current "experienced" players are not playing at the standard expected of them.

:thumbsup: Now thats what we need right now! :agree:

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 12:07 AM
what makes you "think" this? do you mean just one winner? i'm not expecting much more change in staff at all ,not this windae anyway. the manager is now under severe pressure,and looks as if his escape hatch is shutting,quicker than any windae. I too hope he can reverse this situation but it looks very grim at the minute. dont see him making wholescale changes either,with the young lads pitched in enmasse

No concrete evidence he will bring in experience players but knowing people who are at Forest who have spoken with him and coaches who are at NUFC I think he may be looking at players who can "steady the ship".

There again experience comes at a cost...and I don't want stuck with expensive dead wood - like Hart.

We are in a real difficult situation and don't think there will be many changes - when there really should be an immediate clear out straight away - instead of the summer.

Speedway
19-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Flynn
Gardyne
Thornhill
Galbraith

Duffy
Rooney

that should keep us up.

Speedway
19-01-2011, 11:33 AM

And why was that?