PDA

View Full Version : If Hibs win tomorrow...........

The Sea-gull
17-01-2011, 12:10 PM
...........could that be regarded as a bigger shock than if Ayr were to win?

I do wonder myself.

Trying not to get too dispondant before a ball is kicked but preparing myself for the worse.

Where has it all gone wrong?

Stokes leaving has been massive but I cannot help but feel that if Duffy had not got injured as soon as he'd signed it may have kept Yogi in a job. Though Yogi has said he had planned to sign Duffy and pair him with Stokes.

We would have probably still had a poor season but perhaps not be so far in relegation trouble. If we could have stomached a poor season with the promise of a clear out in the summer and the chance to bring in the better quality Yogi wanted mixed in with young talent like Hanlon, Galbraith, Wotherspoon, Bryne, Booth, maybe he could have done something next season.

Then again if de Graff is what Yogi regards as better quality then we are better off rid.

I'm hoping that though CC doesn't have the passion of Yogi, he is a quiet thinker and has a plan for next season of his own which does not involve the majority of this squad.

Willing to give him a chance to do his own thing but he must address this slide and keep us up otherwise any plans are pointless.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2011, 12:20 PM
If any second division side beats an SPL side, it will be a bigger shock than if things happen the other way round, no matter how well the second division side is doing and how bad the SPL side is.

However, I don't think many people in Scottish football would be overly shocked if Ayr were to win tomorrow night.

I certainly don't think too many Hibs fans will be surprised if we go out.

Billy Whizz
17-01-2011, 12:33 PM
If Hibs win tomorrow we could potentially play St Mirren 3 times in 18 days!

scoopyboy
17-01-2011, 12:41 PM
If Hibs win tomorrow we could potentially play St Mirren 3 times in 18 days!

I would settle for that right now.

Or it could be four in not that many more days if it goes to a replay.

Or it could only be twice if we are at home to Peterhead.

Billy Whizz
17-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I would settle for that right now.

Me too!

PeeKay
17-01-2011, 12:59 PM
If any second division side beats an SPL side, it will be a bigger shock than if things happen the other way round, no matter how well the second division side is doing and how bad the SPL side is.

However, I don't think many people in Scottish football would be overly shocked if Ayr were to win tomorrow night.

I certainly don't think too many Hibs fans will be surprised if we go out.

Of the Ayr squad that came to Easter Road only three are full-time players - and of those, two are only 16 years old. I think we would have the right to be shocked if a team of professional full-time footballers could not beat a team in which the majority of players might have had to put in a shift at their day-jobs before they turn up for the game.

Sixteen year-olds FFS!!

sahib
17-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Of the Ayr squad that came to Easter Road only three are full-time players - and of those, two are only 16 years old. I think we would have the right to be shocked if a team of professional full-time footballers could not beat a team in which the majority of players might have had to put in a shift at their day-jobs before they turn up for the game.

Sixteen year-olds FFS!!

And yet we should not play nineteen and twenty year olds, according to some.

We might thump them 6-0 or we could lose. I don't know and more worryingly I doubt CC knows.

Jim44
17-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Sixteen year-olds FFS!!

Given that Ayr could have won the first match, are now top of their league and playing well while we are in freefall with no confidence whatsoever, I'm surprised that anyone thinks a win for them at home would be a shock.

fatbloke
17-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Given that Ayr could have won the first match, are now top of their league and playing well while we are in freefall with no confidence whatsoever, I'm surprised that anyone thinks a win for them at home would be a shock.

I will not be shocked if we lose. Stunned and disappointed but not shocked:greengrin

snooky
17-01-2011, 11:40 PM
"If Hibs lose tomorrow then I'm a Dutchman" - Edwin DeGraff

Leithenhibby
18-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm going to stick my head on the block and say 0-2 Hibs :cool2:

I know a team like Ayr SHOULD, be taking care of when we were at home, and for that reason I think they have had there chance :wink:

Should we lose this cup tie it will be a massive shock to me, as I believe that we SHOULD, have enough in the locker to beat them :cool2:

Get your money on the Cabbage :thumbsup:

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 12:41 AM
...........could that be regarded as a bigger shock than if Ayr were to win?

I do wonder myself.

Trying not to get too dispondant before a ball is kicked but preparing myself for the worse.

Where has it all gone wrong?

Stokes leaving has been massive but I cannot help but feel that if Duffy had not got injured as soon as he'd signed it may have kept Yogi in a job. Though Yogi has said he had planned to sign Duffy and pair him with Stokes.

We would have probably still had a poor season but perhaps not be so far in relegation trouble. If we could have stomached a poor season with the promise of a clear out in the summer and the chance to bring in the better quality Yogi wanted mixed in with young talent like Hanlon, Galbraith, Wotherspoon, Bryne, Booth, maybe he could have done something next season.

Then again if de Graff is what Yogi regards as better quality then we are better off rid.

I'm hoping that though CC doesn't have the passion of Yogi, he is a quiet thinker and has a plan for next season of his own which does not involve the majority of this squad.

Willing to give him a chance to do his own thing but he must address this slide and keep us up otherwise any plans are pointless.

I hope we do win, nae expect us to win. we NEED a win of anykind, and to get away from the Boo boys of ER will do them good. They will get a chance to relax and play their own game.

HibeePaj
18-01-2011, 12:48 AM
certainly cant see sky sports, calling the players 'local heros' or GIANT KILLERS' if we win tomorrow