PDA

View Full Version : Players from the past

sunshine1875
14-01-2011, 08:32 PM
If you could add only one player from the following periods in time and add them to the current squad, who would you select and why?

00s - Sauzee (at centre-back unflappable pure class)
90s - Russel Latapy (pure magic)
80s - John Collins (one of the best midfielders I have watched at ER)
70s - Stanton (before my time, but he looked good on telly)

With Deeks at his best to score the goals.

Removed
14-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Don't disagree with any of them but can we also have Matty Jack :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Latapy.

Pete
14-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll try and give different players.

00's : Garry O'Connor. A Real target man with skill to boot. His game must have improved given his experiences.

90's : Darren Jackson. Class act. Things happened when he got the ball and linked well.

80's : Andy Goram.

70's : Jimmy O'Rourke. I wouldn't know but he was my Dads favourite player from that era. :greengrin

sunshine1875
14-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I'll try and give different players.

00's : Garry O'Connor. A Real target man with skill to boot. His game must have improved given his experiences.

90's : Darren Jackson. Class act. Things happened when he got the ball and linked well.

80's : Andy Goram.

70's : Jimmy O'Rourke. I wouldn't know but he was my Dads favourite player from that era. :greengrin

My first attempt had Latapy for the 00's and Darren Jackson for the 90's. Loved his goal at Tiny in a semi-final against Utd.

stoneyburn hibs
14-01-2011, 09:33 PM
sauzee of course was amazing , but right now its a collins we need , my favourite as a teenager watching hibs, tackle win the ball and pass, his commitment was great to watch.

sleeping giant
14-01-2011, 09:55 PM
00's : Riordan

90's : Kevin McAllister
80's : Micky Weir
70's : Arthur Duncan :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Garry O'connor was never ever a target man for Hibs, This myth arrives every now and again

Pete
14-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Garry O'connor was never ever a target man for Hibs, This myth arrives every now and again

He was sometimes...if by target man we mean someone to aim for, hold the ball up and let his strength hold off defenders while others made moves.

Of course that's not what he was all about as he had many strings to his bow but I reckon we could do with that aspect of his game right now.

Jim44
14-01-2011, 11:12 PM
If you could add only one player from the following periods in time and add them to the current squad, who would you select and why?

00s - Sauzee (at centre-back unflappable pure class)
90s - Russel Latapy (pure magic)
80s - John Collins (one of the best midfielders I have watched at ER)
70s - Stanton (before my time, but he looked good on telly)
With Deeks at his best to score the goals.

Stanton - because we need a great player and one who loves the club. He would 'teach' the hangers on to love the club.

SteveHFC
14-01-2011, 11:15 PM
90's - Latapy or McGinley

00's - Sauzee or Luna

mim
14-01-2011, 11:39 PM
00's Scott Brown
90's Franck Sauzee
80's John Collins
70's Pat Stanton
60's Joe Baker
50's Gordon Smith

:wink:

heidtheba
15-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Leaving out the more obvious players...I'd go for these ones (as I've seen them and can't comment on the greats before my time)

Kevin Harper - bit of pace
Crunchie - God I loved watching him with the ball
David Farrell - Unusual choice but never shirked a tackle and always gave his all - would kill for that now
Michael o'Neil circa early 1996
Pat McGinlay - goals from midfield

:flag:

heidtheba
15-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Ok - If I'd read the OP properly I'd have realised it was from time periods...
ok in that case

90's - Kevin McAllister
00's - David Murphy LB although close call for Jones...

Ray_
15-01-2011, 12:10 AM
00's Latapy
90's Franck Sauzee
80's George Best
70's Pat Stanton
60's Joe Baker
50's Gordon Smith

:wink:

Just a couple of changes for me.

Billy Mac
15-01-2011, 12:27 AM
One? Impossible to say. Eric Schaedler,John McNamee,Blackley and Brownley would rattle into any team and Alex Edwards and the likes of Matty Jack would provide creativity and 'dig'.Obviousy Sir Pat Stanton,Sauzee and Kano would also provide both talking on the park which we are bereft of these day''s,and Big Eck would in recent times organize us with tactics and determination that would leave our West Edinburgh colleagues' ****ing themselves like they did under his tenure. Gone would be the day's of us wringing our hands waiting for the Heartzalona' massive club stealing a goal against us in the last 5-10 mins!That HAS to stop! So often it's sickening and it's CLEARLY a mental thing.To re-iterate, the aforementioned players would NEVER let that happen on such a consistent basis! Schaedler would've stormed through a brick Wa' to make sure we didn't lose.Many other fabulous ex players but we've been gutless for too long for for such a massive Scottish club.We're not massive in the grand scheme of things but we're massive in comparison to other Scottish teams.Is it right,with all due respect to Ayr, that we're nervous going down to Somerset? That can't be right! Please come back in a time tunnel 'Schultz', John Masden,John McNamee,Sir Pat,Sloop',Brownley and 'Ned'!Presently? Spineless and gutless.Not a talker on the park and with all due respect to CC presently,a manager that stands with his arms folded during the horror show we're watching and is quoted in the paper's too often praising opponents goal's and perfomances when he should by now be kicking ***** at home.I've rarely spoken to so many Hibby's who feel so underwhelmed by this season but let's gie' CC time.He's re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic just now.Here's hoping and some of those chancer's picking up good money at the club whilst good professionals like Nurses and Miners are emptied should take a wee tumble to themselves.If we stop attending this present tripe,gates fall and they then don't have a job!Mr Chairman,take note,we employ you and your staff by attending!

Septimus
15-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Eddie Turnbull.

jgl07
15-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Just a couple of changes for me.

Best????

Are you joking?

17 matches (mostly pissed) and three goals in a relegation season.

Some people are easy to please.