5 never on side re always offside
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
9 never ever will be in SCOTLAND SQUAD
10 do we need him ?

500miles
02-01-2011, 02:11 AM
I would like to point out, the OP is not an alternate account of mine.....

dp00
02-01-2011, 02:12 AM
I ask you all to put your thoughts and true feelings on line re RIORDAN

BECAUSE I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

1 he has no bottle re tackling - correct
2 cannot dribble - wrong
3 has no upper body strength - he is not a target man
4 has no speed - correct
5 never on side re always offside - gotta get involved first to be offside
6 very lazy - certainly today he was
7 thinks he is good - he is good , he just needs to put some effort in
8 not a team player - correct
9 never ever will be in SCOTLAND SQUAD - not while harry potter is there
10 do we need him ? Not sure

ive added my thoughts above however i do think riordan had the last derby on the back of his mind today....

benrocky
02-01-2011, 02:22 AM
ive added my thoughts above however i do think riordan had the last derby on the back of his mind today....

I do thing HIBS can suceed without him ie prove re game against RANGERS team played well

Dunbar Hibee
02-01-2011, 02:49 AM
The only thought I am adding is that you talk absolute *****.

Toaods
02-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Why should we care if Scotland choose not to select him?

Dunbar Hibee
02-01-2011, 02:54 AM
1 he has no bottle re tackling ... ask Skacel.
2 cannot dribble.. You on the wind up?
3 has no upper body strength.. Makes up for it with his top quality finishing.
4 has no speed .. Doesn't need it
5 never on side re always offside... :hilarious
6 very lazy ... yeah 101 Hibs goals lazy bassa..
]7 thinks he is good 101 Hibs goals proves him right.
8 not a team player :faf: that is all.
9 never ever will be in SCOTLAND SQUAD ....Because of Levein
10 do we need him ? [B] In one word...... YES.

ForeverHibs93
02-01-2011, 03:23 AM
1 he has no bottle re tackling ... ask Skacel.
2 cannot dribble.. You on the wind up?
3 has no upper body strength.. Makes up for it with his top quality finishing.
4 has no speed .. Doesn't need it
5 never on side re always offside... :hilarious
6 very lazy ... yeah 101 Hibs goals lazy bassa..
]7 thinks he is good 101 Hibs goals proves him right.
8 not a team player :faf: that is all.
9 never ever will be in SCOTLAND SQUAD ....Because of Levein
10 do we need him ? [B] In one word...... YES.
Do you have your Riordan specks on:cool2: Only kidding, I agree with most of this except he could do with pace, he gets outpaced far too often, and he isn't the best team player but nor is he the worst

Cabbage1875
02-01-2011, 03:27 AM
In general play he does not do nearly enough.

But with his free kicks (deliveries and shots on goal) and instinctive finishing we cannot do without him.

I do agree however, he will never make it in any other league apart from the SPL.

I would also like to add the disclaimer that I love Derek playing for Hibs, but he could do so much more in my view.

seanraff07
02-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Do you have your Riordan specks on:cool2: Only kidding, I agree with most of this except he could do with pace, he gets outpaced far too often, and he isn't the best team player but nor is he the worst

That's why we need him right up top unlike today where he was played out wide cause hardly ever can he get the ball on the wing and get past a player and whip in a great cross, it should be him in the 6 yard box getting on the end of deliveries.:agree:

son of haggart
02-01-2011, 07:20 AM
From a Hearts fan perspective

1 he has no bottle re tackling correct but neither do many other wing forwards
2 cannot dribblepartially correct - rarely goes for the option to take it past a man - perhaps due to pace
3 has no upper body strengthnot sure - can't recall him being brushed off the ball too much
4 has no speed incorrect, but doesn't have enoughh speed for the very top grade
5 never on side re always offsidenot correct
6 very lazyno correct, but can fall out of a game - ? concentration ?style ofplay of Hibs team
7 thinks he is goodhe is good
8 not a team playerhis cross field pass yesterday suggests he is
9 never ever will be in SCOTLAND SQUADlack of pace and past attitude/ discipline issues outside football are issues - Levein is big on these in his teams - freezes players out who don't 'look after themselves' Still possible he would get in squad I believe
10 do we need him ?you certainly do - his goals are all that are keeping you away from the bottom

Incidentally in my 'happy new year' discussion with my slightly pished brother on his way back from the game the two players he picked out as above par for Hibs were Brown and Riordan who was 'always dangerous when he had the ball' - while that might not be enntirely accurate it dfoes reflect the way opposition fans (and probably players) feel playing against him.

sunshine1875
02-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Riordan is IMO the best goalscorer we have had for many a year. He can score goals that others cannot even in their dreams score. Give him an opportunity, he will score.

My last point is the key - give him the opportunity i.e. he cannot do it all by himself.

Riordan is not the problem at the moment. He is trying a lot harder than in the past, but he cannot do it all by himself. He needs better players behind him and alongside him.

Riordan will always be rated as one of the best Hibs players that we have had over the last forty years. It must be killing him to see how bad we are at this moment in time.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 07:59 AM
What you get with Riordan is a valuable commodity - goals. He's not an all-rounder, but he generally doesn't need to be. Riordan gives you a goal from nowhere, and a genuine threat at set-pieces.

I suppose the issue comes in games where you need more than someone who could get you a goal out of nothing.

Is it better to have that, than to have someone who maybe isn't as prolific themselves, but is capable of creating chances so that you're not relying on a goal out of nothing? Is it better to have someone that provides a better first line of defence before the opposition are getting to our midfield?

I don't know if it is. I love watching Riordan, he's one of the very few players in the SPL that can leave you amazed by a moment of sublime skill. I think there should always be room in the side for someone like Deek. If it means that someone else has to be brought in to do more of the dirty work alongside him, then so be it.

Forza Fred
02-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Deeks is like any player, in the side until a better player comes along to take his place.

It WILL eventually happen one day, due to age, injury or whatever..or even transfer.

At the moment I don't see any candidates making him sweat for a starting position.

Deek01
02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
It's as simple as too right we need him. Where would we be without his goals this season ?, who else in the team looks capable of scoring?..If he was to leave now Hibs would be worse for it.

I can't think of a player in the team yesterday capable of having the vision to deliver the pass that he did for Nish, lazy he might be but a quality player he certainly is.

sunshine1875
02-01-2011, 08:13 AM
SPL Goalscorers this season:

Riordan - 8
Miller - 3
Hanlon -2
Hogg - 2
Bamba - 2
Nish - 1
Stokes - 1
Rankin - 1
Dickoh - 1

END THREAD

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 08:54 AM

1 he has no bottle re tackling
2 cannot dribble
3 has no upper body strength
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

You are right, we need to punt him and get another donkey up front, someone who will work his nuts off and give us 6-8 goals a season.

Jack
02-01-2011, 09:02 AM
REOPEN THREAD.
I'm not Deeks biggest fan but while we are celebrating one of our own scoring 100+ goals for our club I think the OP is reaching new depths of negativity and quite shameful.
How any Hibs fan could come up with such dubious evidence to back their claims show a total lack of understanding of the player and the game itself.

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Riordan annoyed me no end yesterday, but still managed that superb cross field ball to give Nish his chance, which he ****ed up.

In a matter of seconds, showed the difference between the quality and the mediocrity in our side.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
REOPEN THREAD.
I'm not Deeks biggest fan but while we are celebrating one of our own scoring 100+ goals for our club I think the OP is reaching new depths of negativity and quite shameful.
How any Hibs fan could come up with such dubious evidence to back their claims show a total lack of understanding of the player and the game itself.

Riordan annoyed me no end yesterday, but still managed that superb cross field ball to give Nish his chance, which he ****ed up.

In a matter of seconds, showed the difference between the quality and the mediocrity in our side.

Nail hit firmly on head. Some folk are just not watching the same game as me imo. They would rather fill the team with rankins and De Graffs, than genuine quality. Yes we need workers, players who can win the battles, but FFS we need quality to open up the opposition, we need quality to create, and Riordan does that, not Nish, not Trakys, but Riordan.

alfieboi75
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Time for Reeks tae go! Next player please.........

Beefster
02-01-2011, 09:22 AM
If Deeko goes, I'm going to protest by not buying a steak pie at ER for a season. I'll stick to pizza slices.

That'll teach Rodders to save money.

The Voice Of Reason
02-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I can't comment on yesterday's game cos I never saw it.

I can comment on the OP though. She enjoys winding us up and IMHO is a Yam.

Don't rise to her bait gentlemen. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 09:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

ronaldo7
02-01-2011, 09:54 AM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

:troll: That is all

BroxburnHibee
02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Yep...................

We've blamed every other part of the club for our current position so its obvious Deek was gonna get it at some point.

s.a.m
02-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Why does he have to be every type of forward player rolled into one? We don't expect that of any other position (or player). Surely that's why you have a squad? There are a number of things that have frustrated me about Riordan during his two spells at Hibs, but he's extremely good at what he does do, and he's worked hard at upping his contribution to the team effort. He even seems to have reduced the on-field moaning. At the moment, while our team is largely made up of limited journeymen - some hard-working, some even lazier than Riordan is considered to be - he is one of the few pieces of quality that we have to watch.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 10:00 AM
i ask you all to put your thoughts and true feelings on line re riordan

because i have had enough

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
9 never ever will be in scotland squad
10 do we need him ?

ffs.

Ollie Reed
02-01-2011, 10:20 AM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

Aye, okay then.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMPpUe2TZU

Baader
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Riordan is the only player at the club capable of winning us a game. The only one that can conjure something up. The only one who can actually grab us a goal. For us to lose him doesn't bare thinking about.

KeithTheHibby
02-01-2011, 11:21 AM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

It is only the 2nd January however I think you deserve ******st post of 2011 already.

Wilson
02-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Riordan is the only player at the club capable of winning us a game. The only one that can conjure something up. The only one who can actually grab us a goal. For us to lose him doesn't bare thinking about.

He did much more for us in those sentences than he did in the game yesterday. That was a shocking contribution from a player held in such esteem. We should be trying to keep him but we should not be giving him 'whatever he wants' as others have argued. We need better quality all over the park more than we need to hang on to any one player.

Hibs Class
02-01-2011, 11:23 AM
:troll: That is all

:agree:

sahib
02-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Her better polish up his wand then.

benrocky
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I can't comment on yesterday's game cos I never saw it.

I can comment on the OP though. She enjoys winding us up and IMHO is a Yam.

Don't rise to her bait gentlemen. :agree:

:faf:

Woody1985
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Did no one see the sublime pass to nish for his chance?

Very little players can do that in the spl.

Toaods
02-01-2011, 11:45 AM

don't bring 'degree of technical difficulty' into the lesson for those who have no idea, surely such a pass is easy "as Nishy was just outside him" :greengrin

moggie
02-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Really? what part did he play at Ibrox, i must have missed that one.

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

:hmmm:
11. Not Hearts class?

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM

:hmmm: Really?

Baader
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Seen any of the 100 goals he's hit for Hibs? Maybe I've missed something too but how often do we produce goalscoring talent like that? He's not having the best of times but there are others I would be looking at punting (almost everyone else) before Deek...

The Harp Awakes
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Riordan is a class act. It's a scary thought to be without him with the current sub-standard squad.

we are hibs
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

true

moggie
02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe we should just close the club down when Riordan leaves/retires. :rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Without Deeks we'd be bottom of the table.............

KingFranck
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

Brilliant lets get rid of Deek in the January transfer window. Now fast forward to end of the season 2 goals for Nish 3 for Duffy 2 for Zemmama and another 5 shared amongst the midfield and defence and we will have conceded 50+ and going down. Have a word 100 + goal machine has to play every week is it possible that the problem is Deek used to have Stokes as a partner and now a half fit Duffy, Trakys and Nish ?

moggie
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Brilliant lets get rid of Deek in the January transfer window. Now fast forward to end of the season 2 goals for Nish 3 for Duffy 2 for Zemmama and another 5 shared amongst the midfield and defence and we will have conceded 50+ and going down. Have a word 100 + goal machine has to play every week is it possible that the problem is Deek used to have Stokes as a partner and now a half fit Duffy, Trakys and Nish ?

yet hes said on numerous occasions he enjoys playing alongside Nish ??? funny old game eh!

silverhibee
02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe we should just close the club down when Riordan leaves/retires. :rolleyes:

Why would you say something silly like that:rolleyes:, if Riordan was to leave this window i would hope it is at the start of the window so that wee can find a replaement for him, it would be a nightmare to lose him at the end of the window and there is no time to get a replacement in.
I hope he stays.

Mikeystewart
02-01-2011, 02:54 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

About a month ago i highlighted deeks weaknesses with regards to the scotland team and i got shot down in flames, hope you have better luck.

moggie
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Why would you say something silly like that:rolleyes:, if Riordan was to leave this window i would hope it is at the start of the window so that wee can find a replaement for him, it would be a nightmare to lose him at the end of the window and there is no time to get a replacement in.
I hope he stays.

I said it because a lot of folk on here think without riordan we are nothing. Life goes on players will come and go, Hes left us already and theres every chance he will do the same.

Captain Trips
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM

Pipo Inzaghi

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

Pipo Inzaghi ticks most of those boxes also, Ronaldo ticks some.

If you add a scores goals which is his job then thats what counts.

Any players that tick most of those boxes and score are worth millions, some of those skills are not relevant if you do other things I can easily do this then to suit:

1. Can use both feet
2. Dangerous at freekicks
3. Long range goals
4. Good Crosser
5. Finishing
6. Consistant goal record.

Ok what players do we have with those attributes? Or can we afford.

RickyS
02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
yet hes said on numerous occasions he enjoys playing alongside Nish ??? funny old game eh!

first I dont remember him saying that and second he is not going to say " Nish is a clown who cant head the ball or hold it up and is a bit like Bambi"
I cant give two hoots to the lazy argument and he never works hard enough. he scores goals and goals win games. without his goals we would be preparing for life in the first division IMHO
Deek is the player we should be building around so that others compensate for him. he is THAT important. IMO

DH1875
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM

10 do we need him ?

Erm......... YES :crazy:.

Time will tell how much we miss him if he does go in this window.

Hibee Daz
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I agree with a lot the posts on this thread in regards to people posting with very limited fitba knowledge, people need to educate themselves before they do this :foot:!
Yes Deek is very one paced that is glaringly obvious, but I'm sure if he was given the choice he wouldn't want to play left mid as his natural position is the roll of a striker!
The problem with Hibs is that there's a serious lack of genuine quality forcing CC to play players out of position, all of which was heaped on us by the previous incumbents ineptitude.

Speedway
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM

And some of the bigger ones can do it as well.

Captain Trips
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

I am remined with that list of perhaps Football manager or Chmpionship Manager, you have listed things that yes footballers do or dont, however why miss out the other things, passing, finishing etc etc.

Ibrahimovic probably out of all those things No2 he can dribble, so would you sign a player who doesnt do all those? no? but those are not the full list of judgements.

Point 7 is totally subjective, and point 9 has no relevance IMO. I would not disagree with the other things maybe No2, however the list is totally geared to point out flaws so IMO its unfair. The most important thing is goals, finishing and creating IMO and he is a player in those departments.

We very much need Riordan and not for the 10 things you list but for things he does do that you have not included.

hibee4life1983
02-01-2011, 04:44 PM
It is only the 2nd January however I think you deserve ******st post of 2011 already.

I concur, stinks of a jambo post wind up, its worked though, ive had enough of the O.P, are u watching the pash around him? He is by far and away the best striker we have and has the teqhnique to humiliate players of top quality. Your an erchie.

YetholmHibee
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Nail hit firmly on head. Some folk are just not watching the same game as me imo. They would rather fill the team with rankins and De Graffs, than genuine quality. Yes we need workers, players who can win the battles, but FFS we need quality to open up the opposition, we need quality to create, and Riordan does that, not Nish, not Trakys, but Riordan.

Are you the same clown that has backed Bamba . . . . to the hilt!

:bye::bye:

Riordan is not the perfect striker - fact!

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Are you the same clown that has backed Bamba . . . . to the hilt!

:bye::bye:

Yes i'm that clown, although it was not me who said Riordan was the perfect striker? :na na:

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm still waiting to see a single post from anyone on here saying they'd rather have work-horses ahead of skilled players but yet you keep coming out with the same thing.

It's a twisted interpretation of what some people have posted i.e. that it's unfair that certain players get most of the criticism and some get away with a lot because they are deemed 'skillful'.

Riordan produces a lot and you have to take the rough with the smooth IMO. Other supposedly great players like Liam Miller- well he deserves more criticism than the work horses because his performance level is shocking. Now that doesn't mean I'd not like to see players of his type in the team it means he's not performing.

Beefster
02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Seen any of the 100 goals he's hit for Hibs? Maybe I've missed something too but how often do we produce goalscoring talent like that? He's not having the best of times but there are others I would be looking at punting (almost everyone else) before Deek...

Although we didn't produce them, off the top of my head, Stokes and Killen had better goalscoring ratios for Hibs than Riordan. Good player but folk are making out that he's completely irreplaceable which is evidently not true.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm still waiting to see a single post from anyone on here saying they'd rather have work-horses ahead of skilled players but yet you keep coming out with the same thing.

It's a twisted interpretation of what some people have posted i.e. that it's unfair that certain players get most of the criticism and some get away with a lot because they are deemed 'skillful'.

Riordan produces a lot and you have to take the rough with the smooth IMO. Other supposedly great players like Liam Miller- well he deserves more criticism than the work horses because his performance level is shocking. Now that doesn't mean I'd not like to see players of his type in the team it means he's not performing.

Who would replace him from this squad of tripe?

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Who would replace him from this squad of tripe?
You've lost me. What'd you mean?

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 05:40 PM
You've lost me. What'd you mean?

We cant just play a team of hammer throwers, surely we have to play at least one player who can create, unlock a defence?

BT58
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Neil warnock of QPR was on sky this morning
They have a Moroccan,,( I think he's that)
Anyhoo,,Neil said that the other 10 did the
donkey work,, the other guy would score them
goals,,,,, is that not what we've got with deeks
rather have DR in this team
Look at the Huns ,, I bet they wish they had Boyd still
playing for them

The_Todd
02-01-2011, 05:42 PM

If he was he wouldn't be in the SPL at any team, let alone Hibs.

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
We cant just play a team of hammer throwers, surely we have to play at least one player who can create, unlock a defence?

I think you must have missed the gist of my post.

I think we'd all like to see creative players playing. However if they fail to deliver they are just as liable to criticism as the 'hammer throwers'.

My point is that nobody has said they don't want creativity- you're twisting what people are saying.

When has Liam Miller actually unlocked a defence or even been creative recently? He's doing well to control the ball most weeks.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I think you must have missed the gist of my post.

I think we'd all like to see creative players playing. However if they fail to deliver they are just as liable to criticism as the 'hammer throwers'.

My point is that nobody has said they don't want creativity- you're twisting what people are saying.

When has Liam Miller actually unlocked a defence or even been creative recently? He's doing well to control the ball most weeks.

I agree Miiller has been poor recently, although i think he turned the game against Dundee Utd when he came on. Without him we were as poor as i have seen us in years in the first half of that game.

Thats what its like when we play a midfield without creativity. Imo if you dont want Miller and Riordan, then you dont want creativity in the side, as whoever they are replaced with from this bunch of player, certainly is not creative, and just another hammer thrower, who wont take any chances, and just pass the buck, or pass backwards.

Winston Ingram
02-01-2011, 06:26 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 06:28 PM
I agree Miiller has been poor recently, although i think he turned the game against Dundee Utd when he came on. Without him we were as poor as i have seen us in years in the first half of that game.

Thats what its like when we play a midfield without creativity. Imo if you dont want Miller and Riordan, then you dont want creativity in the side, as whoever they are replaced with from this bunch of player, certainly is not creative, and just another hammer thrower, who wont take any chances, and just pass the buck, or pass backwards.

I think those who wouldn't play Riordan are a very small minority and the ones who say they wouldn't be upset to see him leave are saying that it MAY be possible to pull a Killen out the hat, not that there is anyone in the current squad who could replace him. I've never read anyone saying that Riordan should be dropped for Nish, put it that way!!

As for the midfield, perhaps Wotherspoon and Zemmama may be able to create from midfield if Miller was to drop out?

essexhibee
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Without Riordan we would not survive in this league. FACT.

TornadoHibby
02-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Absolutely spot on BH re creativity!

Without midfield creativity it is well nigh impossible to bring any quality offensive players into the action properly in way's that they can score goals which we don't do too often right now!

That's why teams without creativity don't generally do well and more than often struggle against most teams at their "level" and that is what is happening with Hibs right now IMO although we do have to harden and compose our defensive play and structure too!

Zemmama, Riordan and (I think based on the brief spell I have seen him play this week), Duffy will score goals if given chances and Zemmama is in fact one of the creative players we need to generate goal scoring opportunities!

CC has a huge job to swing the current form round to that which will move us up the table and away from the relegation area and I just hope the he gets the necessary support form the players, fans AND the Board to enable him to do that! :cool2:

ancient hibee
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Against Aberdeen lazy Riordan made half a dozen runs in the first half across the face of their defence-not once was the ball delivered to him.It didn't stop him trying-so much so that in the last minute of the game he was able to give Murray the sort of opening that Murray should be giving himonly for a good chance to be wasted.

FACT(i just love capitals)nobody who's lazy scores a hundred goals for Hibs.

hibee_girl
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Anyone who is happy to see Deek leave would be as well saying they'd be happy for us to relegated imo, just think where we would be without his goals

Wilson
02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Anyone who is happy to see Deek leave would be as well saying they'd be happy for us to relegated imo, just think where we would be without his goals

Look at where we are with them. We may well be bad enough to be relegated even with Riordan and his goals.

Throwing money at Riordan and retaining his goals is not going to fix the problems in our side.

If we can afford to retain him and this does not impact on our ability to afford quality in midfield and defence then we should.

It very much depends on what he is asking for.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

not as long as Potter is national coach :agree:

down-the-slope
02-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I hope he stays.

:agree: correct...if there is not a deal that can be done that is acceptable to all and he wants to go and offers that are of benefit to both him and Hibs then it had better be with enough time for re-investment in the team.

Personally I don't think we have enough other decent players that complement / compensate for Deeks to get the best out of him and it would be not in his or the clubs best interest for it to continue (I could be wrong but don't expect him to resign) until the summer.

Better he gets a big payday and is well remembered, and the club gets in players that will dig us out the hole

If its a last action before window slams shut job however then :******:

500miles
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
While Riordan is a talented player, I'm sure there are more effective players out there waiting to be given a chance.

Too often, he's a passanger. And this team isn't good enough to carry passengers, because even if Riordan scores a goal, we're not unlikely to lose 2. If we can replace him with someone who puts in the running and takes pressure of the midfield as well as getting a decent number of goals, we'll change the way we play, and someone else will get the goals, and other players will start scoring. He's part of the reason that we cannot make the ball stick up front, and come under pressure so easily. Blackman, Rooney and Sammon don't have Riordan's talent, but there is no doubt that they have been more effective this season.

moggie
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
While Riordan is a talented player, I'm sure there are more effective players out there waiting to be given a chance.

Too often, he's a passanger. And this team isn't good enough to carry passengers, because even if Riordan scores a goal, we're not unlikely to lose 2. If we can replace him with someone who puts in the running and takes pressure of the midfield as well as getting a decent number of goals, we'll change the way we play, and someone else will get the goals, and other players will start scoring. He's part of the reason that we cannot make the ball stick up front, and come under pressure so easily. Blackman, Rooney and Sammon don't have Riordan's talent, but there is no doubt that they have been more effective this season.

correct! but get your tin helmet on.
:devil:

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
. Blackman, Rooney and Sammon don't have Riordan's talent, but there is no doubt that they have been more effective this season.

Theyve been more 'effective' for less than half a season so we should get them in instead of Deek? Blackman is 21, scored 10 SPL goals in a purple patch at the start of the season (to Deeks 100+) and has been by all accounts rubbish for over a month now?

Sammon? played in the league of ireland, has 2 SPL seasons where hes never done anything, he has a good 3 months and now hes the messiah? Rooney is the best of the three but not only has he less of a pedigree than Riordan, we wouldnt be able to pay the fee that ICT would want.

I know youve never got anything good to say about Riordan, but namechecking unproven or unattainable strikers to somehow demonstrate that Deeks is expendable is a bit silly:cool2:

500miles
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Theyve been more 'effective' for less than half a season so we should get them in instead of Deek? Blackman is 21, scored 10 SPL goals in a purple patch at the start of the season (to Deeks 100+) and has been by all accounts rubbish for over a month now?

Sammon? played in the league of ireland, has 2 SPL seasons where hes never done anything, he has a good 3 months and now hes the messiah? Rooney is the best of the three but not only has he less of a pedigree than Riordan, we wouldnt be able to pay the fee that ICT would want.

I know youve never got anything good to say about Riordan, but namechecking unproven or unattainable strikers to somehow demonstrate that Deeks is expendable is a bit silly:cool2:

Did i say that these guys are the messiah? These guys are good players, who offer more to the team than goals alone - although they offer goals too.

And I think you'll find I have plenty good things to say about Riordan, but I don't allow mindless hero worship to skew my views on a player who a player who just about every single fan, pundit and manager outside of Hibernian FC sees as basically flawed.

If Derek Riordan wasn't such a well publicised Hibs fan, with a Hibs background, then he wouldn't get cut half the slack he does.

He's replaceable. He was replaceable last time, and if he goes, a good manager should have 3 or 4 names who he knows will be able to score goals AND who benefits the players around him.

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 08:43 PM
just about every single fan, pundit and manager outside of Hibernian FC sees as basically flawed.

Nonsense:rolleyes: Ask 'every single' fan, pundit, manager outside of Hibs and I bet the vast majority would take Riordan over the players you've mentioned.

crash
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Did i say that these guys are the messiah? These guys are good players, who offer more to the team than goals alone - although they offer goals too.

And I think you'll find I have plenty good things to say about Riordan, but I don't allow mindless hero worship to skew my views on a player who a player who just about every single fan, pundit and manager outside of Hibernian FC sees as basically flawed.

If Derek Riordan wasn't such a well publicised Hibs fan, with a Hibs background, then he wouldn't get cut half the slack he does.

He's replaceable. He was replaceable last time, and if he goes, a good manager should have 3 or 4 names who he knows will be able to score goals AND who benefits the players around him.

Yes a good manager should have 3 or 4 names who he knows can replace the many sub standard players who contribute nothing to this club. Derek Riordan is a quality player who scores goals that your hero would struggle to score on a Playstation. If you want to improve the team you get rid of the deadwood and keep the quality, not the other way round:confused:

hibb1
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Ive never seen a better goal scorer at Hibs in my lifetime and some of them were so good ill remember them forever :thumbsup: ill take his flaws for more memories,The team should be creating him more chances hes a goal scorer not a workhorse midfielder or a target man.

New deal pronto Rodders:flag: Everyone bashing him should go straight to youtube and relive some Deeko crackers:not worth

silverhibee
02-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Let me take you back a few miles to last season,Derek Riordan played the biggest majority of last season on the left-midfield, he scored 17 goals, so there's his goals, he also had about 12 assists from playing out on the left, is that offering more to the team than goals alone, to say that Derek doesn't do enough for the the team is wrong imo, he has got 8 so far this season, and i am sure he will have a few assists for the team as well, and not to forget all the chances he has set up for other players this season who have not taken there chances in front of goal, chances that may have seen us further up the table if the other players could find the back of the net, Deek is on course to get 15-20 goals for Hibs this season, a good return for a striker, the ball just doesn't fall at his feet so he can tap them in from 2 yards, believe it or not but Deek has to work hard to get his goals, he finds space to get his shots away, that means losing his marker, something he is good at and that takes hard work, wee have defenders to stop goals going in at the other end, they are not doing a very good job of it just now, are they working hard for the team.

Toaods
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Interesting that people are making comparisons between Deek and this seasons form horses, ie Sammon, Blackman + Rooney whereas me..... I'd rather get one of these guys in to partner him and bring us back regular goals, wins and celebrations.

fife hfc
02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
There are plenty ********s that are hibs fans or pretending to be hibs fans:wink: Any genuine Hibs fan that would not want deek is clueless about football. Yes he has his faults but his biggest contribution is his goals and I for one think they have been the only bright spot in a dark season. Then again against the sheep he set up two great chances for Trakys and Murray what they failed to take and had our only other real shot. I'll take Deek anytime of the week over a headless chicken who works hard for the team.

PC Stamp
02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Let's get rid of one of the few flair footballers we have left and then we can fill the message board with threads moaning about the lack of flair and things not being done the "Hibs way" etc.

We'll reap what we sow soon enough when our team is full of workhorses and we're watching get it from back to front as quickly as possible football.

And we'll deserve it for being the biggest shower of "don't appreciate what we have until it's gone" moany barstewards.

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Talking of partners for Deek, Alex Ferguson has been in the paper today saying he will put Federico Macheda out on loan to the team 'that will give him the most games'. Over to you Rod:cool2:

Dirkster23
02-01-2011, 09:43 PM

I think that's the problem, Miller's meant to be a creative midfielder but isn't creating anything. If we're going to play guys like him they have to contribute something to the team. If they don't you'd be as well playing a less gifted player who puts a shift in.

Sammy7nil
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?

In answer to point 10 YES 100% we need him
He is without doubt the biggest influence often deciding whether if we win or lose so yes we need him.

MrSmith
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
For me, the unfortunate thing is, we don't have a tough tackling ball winning no-nonsense type midfielder to afford the luxury of Miller creative play. If there was such a midfielder at Hibs then Miller would most likely shine.

Good luck to the guy wherever he ends up.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Let's get rid of one of the few flair footballers we have left and then we can fill the message board with threads moaning about the lack of flair and things not being done the "Hibs way" etc.

We'll reap what we sow soon enough when our team is full of workhorses and we're watching get it from back to front as quickly as possible football.

And we'll deserve it for being the biggest shower of "don't appreciate what we have until it's gone" moany barstewards.

:agree: He's not a luxury - he's a neccessity.

NaeTechnoHibby
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM
For me, the unfortunate thing is, we don't have a tough tackling ball winning no-nonsense type midfielder to afford the luxury of Miller creative play. If there was such a midfielder at Hibs then Miller would most likely shine.Good luck to the guy wherever he ends up.

This for me is the biggest issue we have, we need a Scott Brown & Kevin Thomson (I Know we all hate him :rolleyes:) type of partnership in the midfield, they got stuck in and allowed the likes of Sproul, Deeks and Garry to flourish:agree:

The midfield and defence are a total shambles and the strikers are the least of our problems................. unless Deeks goes :agree:

We lack pace and width through the sqaud and that needs addressed first :agree:

Toaods
02-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Interesting that people are making comparisons between Deek and this seasons form horses, ie Sammon, Blackman + Rooney whereas me..... I'd rather get one of these guys in to partner him and bring us back regular goals, wins and celebrations.

BT58
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
If Duffy was to stay fit (a big if btw)
Why not have deeks & Duffy up top
Mind you, we would have to revert back
to a 4-4-2
Starting against Ayr

erin go bragh
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM

2 cannot dribble
4 has no speed
6 very lazy
7 thinks he is good
8 not a team player
10 do we need him ?
101 hibs goals ya fin stupid trumpet , now gtf:na na:

CRAZYHIBBY
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
sometimes a change is good, we cant beat hearts with riordan and we cant stop this dismal run with riordan either.........maybe a complete overhaul of the team is the answer. Our defence is pish our midfield is pish and our strikeforce is non existant....get them all to **** and start again

silverhibee
02-01-2011, 11:02 PM
sometimes a change is good, we cant beat hearts with riordan and we cant stop this dismal run with riordan either.........maybe a complete overhaul of the team is the answer. Our defence is pish our midfield is pish and our strikeforce is non existant....get them all to **** and start again

Dont think it will be as easy as you say to get rid of them all.

Greenblood70
02-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I really do despair at Hibs fans who don't appreciate Riordan.

no nothing ***** the lot of them.

We really are going to end up wi a team of complete dross..let's face it we're only 2 or 3 players away now.

Dear oh dear...:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Dont think it will be as easy as you say to get rid of them all.

I thought most of them were out of contract in the summer?

Saorsa
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM

We really are going to end up wi a team of complete dross..let's face it we're only 2 or 3 players away now.

Totally agree, we're drowning a sea of mediocrity and dross yet there are people on here who would see the few skillful players we have out the door. :bitchy:

benrocky
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM

:top marks

silverhibee
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I thought most of them were out of contract in the summer?

And do you think wee will get rid of all of them at the end of the season.

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
My ideal scenario would-be to get Riordan tied down long term first and then go after an ideal partner for him. Ideally someone similar to Garry O'Connor or if not, a proper target man who can hold the ball in and bring others into the game.

At the moment we're relying on him to conjure something up which is a big ask week in week out. He's equally capable of scoring poachers goals.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 11:27 PM
And do you think wee will get rid of all of them at the end of the season.

I'd imagine that if CC wants rid he can get rid. Surely it is that simplistic?

We're not going to keep paying wages to sub-standard performers just to keep the numbers up.

benrocky
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
101 hibs goals ya fin stupid trumpet , now gtf:na na:

keep your hair on lol:not worth :faf:

Greenblood70
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
**** me, we've got at least 8 players who fail to do their jobs but no lets get rid of the one player who creates and scores most of our goals.

Here's an idea for you slow witted cantz, how about gettting a team full of players around Riordan who actually do what we pay them for and continue to allow Riordan to be one of the best natural goal scorers Hibs have ever produced.

****ing stunned by the level of idiocy.

Saorsa
02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
**** me, we've got at least 8 players who fail to do their jobs but no lets get rid of the one player who creates and scores most of our goals.

Here's an idea for you slow witted cantz, how about gettting a team full of players around Riordan who actually do what we pay them for and continue to allow Riordan to be one of the best natural goal scorers Hibs have ever produced.

****ing stunned by the level of idiocy.:top marks

matty_f
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM

:top marks Me too.

Captain Trips
03-01-2011, 12:33 AM
I cannot wait until the day that letting someone Like Riordan go is in any way shape or form positive as we will have a stunning squad.

We are a million miles from that and never will be.

JohnScott
03-01-2011, 12:34 AM
This thread is like listening to the Hibbies who used to slag of Ally McLead. Same old guff lads. Ally could go through a game getting pelters from the fans then stick one in the top corner with seconds to go. Watch the goal Riordan scored against Hearts at Easter Road then come back and ask if he should stay or go. 8 goals, 5 more than Miller in second with 3. Who the hell is going to replace him in this bloody squad. You'll all be saying "not Hibs class" next!

muirhousehibby
03-01-2011, 12:47 AM
This thread is like listening to the Hibbies who used to slag of Ally McLead. Same old guff lads. Ally could go through a game getting pelters from the fans then stick one in the top corner with seconds to go. Watch the goal Riordan scored against Hearts at Easter Road then come back and ask if he should stay or go. 8 goals, 5 more than Miller in second with 3. Who the hell is going to replace him in this bloody squad. You'll all be saying "not Hibs class" next!

add to that john that riordan has scored double the amount keith wright did at hibs in roughly the same amount of games...:agree:

SmokieJoe
03-01-2011, 05:23 AM
I got slated for one of my early posts on .net, but i have to say this one takes the biscuit.

with a hard working midfield and a decent striker/finisher/ball holder uppererer (Drogba) deek could play where he should(now that he is not as fast as he was/not that he had much pace anyway) anywhere he wants. Deeks abilitties do not just lie in his natural ability to hit the onion bag from almost anywhere with both feet, but also his vision(now that we have another striker) and perfect weight of pass he posesses. the only problem i can forsee with deek is, if he hangs out left, galbraith cant play and stops our left back bombing on also.

Lucius Apuleius
03-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Give him a midfield that can create chances for him. Give him a decent target man to play off. Build the team round the man.

Having said that, if he decides to go then he will go. Personally don't think he will.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2011, 09:31 AM

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Give him a midfield that can create chances for him. Give him a decent target man to play off. Build the team round the man.

Having said that, if he decides to go then he will go. Personally don't think he will.

Thats it in a nutshell. We have a midfield that cant keep the ball, cant win the ball, have no engine and just hoof it forward at best. Thats the most important part of the team that needs fixing first.