PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Ever Hibs Team?

SteveHFC
02-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Mines is:

Zibi

Reid
Dempsie
Murdock
Edge

Townsley
Wiss
Kerr
O'Brien

Konte
Hurtado

ScottB
02-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Looking forward to the first muppet putting Nish in theirs

Hibercelona
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM

.........Nish
Nish Nish Nish Nish
Nish Nish Nish Nish
......Nish Nish

:na na::na na::na na:

jackhfc
02-01-2011, 12:10 AM
.........Nish
Nish Nish Nish Nish
Nish Nish Nish Nish
......Nish Nish

:na na::na na::na na:

haha:top marks

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 12:18 AM

Did I hear correctly earlier - did the ESPN commentator say one goal in 15 games this season?

ScottB
02-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Did I hear correctly earlier - did the ESPN commentator say one goal in 15 games this season?

Considering every time he takes to the pitch there is a cacophony of boos, it's not surprising.

Not saying he's great, but in the worst ever Hibs team? Madness!

Storar
02-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Mines is:

Zibi

Reid
Dempsie
Murdock
Edge

Townsley
Wiss
Kerr
O'Brien

Konte
Hurtado

Very harsh on Alan Reid. He only played about 3 games as a full back at Hibs. Started off as a forward and then ended up being thrown into whatever position was free that week. Townsley was the same, wouldn't have either of them near the worst 11.
I also though Mark Dempsie was ok but struggled alot with injuries.

fatbloke
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Roddy Mackenzie

Tom Smith
Shelton Martis
Brian Welsh
Roland Edge

Brian Kerr
Jarko Wiss
Ray Wilkins
Lee Power

Paul Tosh
Eduard Hurtado

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Considering every time he takes to the pitch there is a cacophony of boos, it's not surprising.

Not saying he's great, but in the worst ever Hibs team? Madness!

Who's put him in their worst XI?

hibsfan7
02-01-2011, 09:23 AM
heriot
brownlie
shaedler
stanton
black
blackely
edwards
orourke
gordon
cropley
duncan

ha ha only kidding

Ollie Reed
02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Mark Caughey and Stuart Turnbull would surely be aggrieved not to make it into the final XI, given their 'performances'.

LaMotta
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Roddy Mackenzie

Tom Smith
Shelton Martis
Brian Welsh
Roland Edge

Brian Kerr
Jarko Wiss
Ray Wilkins
Lee Power

Paul Tosh
Eduard Hurtado

That is a midfield that would strike fear in to the heart of every Hibs fan whose seen them play:greengrin

Think you're being harsh on our full backs though - Tom Smith was pretty decent I thought - he played in the millenium derby for starters so he wouldn't be in mine.

Roland Edge as well - was he really that bad? Or when one person mentions him do we all get false memories of perceived pishness? Jamie McQuilken must have been worse.

Not arguing with the rest of the team though:greengrin

The_Todd
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
The current one will do. Minus Deeks and Brown.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 12:29 PM

That's likely to be similar to this time last season. Mr Consistency. :greengrin

McKenzie
02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Zibi

van Zanten
Martis
Murdock
Zarabi

Chisolm
Kerr
Keenan
o'Brien

Konte
Morrow

Hibby70
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Zibi

Benny Brazil
Derek Anderson
Dave Beaumont
Jamie McQuilken

Alan O'Brien
Jarko Wiss
Brian Kerr
Andy Watson

Greg Miller
Amadou Konte

Speedway
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Gottskalkson

Milne
McLaughlin
Beaumont
Elliot

Fellinger
Farrell
Orman
Cameron

Konte
Flavell

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Don't think Kerr did enough to be included in a side of this type.

Aubenas
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Obviously none of you guys saw Duncan Lambie, Bobby Torrance, Jas Brown or Joe Ward. Dear God...nightmares.

fatbloke
02-01-2011, 05:18 PM
That is a midfield that would strike fear in to the heart of every Hibs fan whose seen them play:greengrin

Think you're being harsh on our full backs though - Tom Smith was pretty decent I thought - he played in the millenium derby for starters so he wouldn't be in mine.

Roland Edge as well - was he really that bad? Or when one person mentions him do we all get false memories of perceived pishness? Jamie McQuilken must have been worse.

Jeezus I forgot about or more likely erased from my memory Van Zanten and McQuilken apologies to Smith and Edge:greengrin

Not arguing with the rest of the team though:greengrin

My god I forgot about or more likely erased from my memory Duncan Lambie, Stuart Turnbull, Jamie McQuilken, James Brown and David Van Zanten.

New team
McKenzie
Van Zanten
Martis
Welsh
McQuilken
Kerr
Wiss
Wilkins
Brown
Tosh
Hurtado

hibee92
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Don't think Kerr did anything.

fixed :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Obviously none of you guys saw Duncan Lambie, Bobby Torrance, Jas Brown or Joe Ward. Dear God...nightmares.

Surely evidence that Ned had lost his marbles. To put Benny below those wasters is unfair IMO. He was an honest player, who was good in the tackle, and was hard to disposses, his passing and concentration were his downfall imo.

West Upper
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Zibi

van Zanten
Martis
Murdock
Zarabi

Chisolm
Kerr
Keenan
o'Brien

Konte
Morrow

:agree:

Aubenas
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
And just remembered Steven Brown. Red in the face after ten minutes every week

heidtheba
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Pretty much most of Duffy's signings esp
McQuilken
Tosh
Elliot
Wilkins was pretty pash and well past it

Iggy Pope
02-01-2011, 10:10 PM

Can I add Derek Rodier, The Miller Spawn(s), Graham Fyffe, Roddie McKenzie, Tony Caig, the other Jim Brown and Peter Guggi to that stellar mob? That would give us XI plus a sub goalie!

Greenblood70
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Dave Beaumont would be in there without a doubt.

I'd also have De Graaf in there, I can never remember a more disappointing signing to the point where you wonder if we got the right player.

That Icelandic goalkeeper, along wi Simon brown who was seriously *****.

Franck is God
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Worst team made from players I've actually seen wear the green

Simon Brown

Jay Shields---Dave Beumont---Derek Anderson---Mark Fulton

Mark Caughey---Andy Millen---Joe Keenan

Gareth Evans---George McLuskey---Marc Antoine Curier

Peevemor
02-01-2011, 11:48 PM

Simon Brown

:confused:

Franck is God
03-01-2011, 12:09 AM
:confused:

Evans scored 30 goals in 257 appearances and was a dreadful forward for us. He arrived with such promise too, on his debut against Dundee he came on as a sub and scored a brilliant diving header, his goals were not what you would call frequent...

and McLuskey may have been a good player before he came to Hibs but the only good thing I remember him doing in getting kicked by Souness.

Peevemor
03-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Evans scored 30 goals in 257 appearances and was a dreadful forward for us. He arrived with such promise too, on his debut against Dundee he came on as a sub and scored a brilliant diving header, his goals were not what you would call frequent...

and McLuskey may have been a good player before he came to Hibs but the only good thing I remember him doing in getting kicked by Souness.

iHibs has him as 38 goals in 301 appearances (204 starts).

http://ihibs.co.uk/player.php?playerid=885

Evans was very fast and dragged defences out of shape, creating space for others - not to mention the free kicks he won (he was consistently the most fouled player in Scottish football).

I preferred seeing him come off the bench to run at tired defences for the final 20 minutes of a game.

I would definitely take someone with his pace and commitment in the squad just now.

Franck is God
03-01-2011, 12:32 AM

Evans was very fast and dragged defences out of shape, creating space for others - not to mention the free kicks he won (he was consistently the most fouled player in Scottish football).

I preferred seeing him come off the bench to run at tired defences for the final 20 minutes of a game.

I would definitely take someone with his pace and commitment in the squad just now.

I'll not disagree that he tried hard and was pretty quick but his goals record for us was terrible and that was what I based my selection on. I could swap him for the fake Willie Irvine if you want, he was crap too

If he was playing now the amount of abuse he'd get on a board like this would be unbelievable, he was lucky the internet didn't exist back then.

heidtheba
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm not being sarcastic here but I always thought Millen was a really classy player - sat in front of the back four and always seemed to play well when I saw him. Evans I loved because he always put in, IMHO, a full shift and never looked like he wasn't trying.

Peevemor
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm not being sarcastic here but I always thought Millen was a really classy player - sat in front of the back four and always seemed to play well when I saw him. Evans I loved because he always put in, IMHO, a full shift and never looked like he wasn't trying.

I quite liked Millen too. :agree:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Worse players than Evans played for Hibs..Might not have been the most technically gifted of players but Gareth gave his all every single game for Hibs, Could do with a bit of that passion now he showed in his time.

soproni1
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Zibi

Van Zanten
Brian Welsh
Dods
Edge

Wiss
Kerr
O'Brien

Hurtado
Konte
Showunmi

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Worse players than Evans played for Hibs..Might not have been the most technically gifted of players but Gareth gave his all every single game for Hibs, Could do with a bit of that passion now he showed in his time.

Alex Miller was quoted as saying that Gareth Evans could jump like a giraffe. That ability alone should get you into the first team. Derek Townsley managed it by just looking like a giraffe.:rolleyes:

Hibernian Verse
06-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Brown

Hart
Hogg
Bamba
Grounds

Miller
Rankin
Wotherspoon
Galbraith

Nish
Trakys

:flag:

Ritchie
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Zibi

Van Zanten
Brian Welsh
Dods
Edge

Wiss
Kerr
O'Brien

Hurtado
Konte
Showunmi

thats a bit harsh.... he did not to badly for Falkirk, we should have gave him more time!

Andy74
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Most of these teams are hilarious. The internet age when players nowhere near deserving are presented as the worst players ever to play for the club.

There are guys older than me who've seen a lot worse but the likes of Gottskaltsken, Michael Renwick, Rab Shannon, Jamie McQuilken, David Fellinger, Paul Tosh, Greg Miller, Graeme Miller, Derek Anderson, Paul Holsgrove, Graeme Donald and Chris Jackson were in a different league of p1sh from your Wiss, O'Brien and Kerr's.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 02:50 PM
thats a bit harsh.... he did not to badly for Falkirk, we should have gave him more time!

Different player Ritchie mate.

Ritchie
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Different player Ritchie mate.

WHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!! :greengrin

i knew there would be one.... didnt for one minute think it would be you Andy!! :na na:

Ritchie
06-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Most of these teams are hilarious. The internet age when players nowhere near deserving are presented as the worst players ever to play for the club.

There are guys older than me who've seen a lot worse but the likes of Gottskaltsken, Michael Renwick, Rab Shannon, Jamie McQuilken, David Fellinger, Paul Tosh, Greg Miller, Graeme Miller, Derek Anderson, Paul Holsgrove, Graeme Donald and Chris Jackson were in a different league of p1sh from your Wiss, O'Brien and Kerr's.

totally agree but Wiss was absolutely garbage.

we've had some foreign huddies too who always seem to be overlooked in these threads. Peter Guggi was utter tripe.

thats about 3 times ive agreed with you this year.... im away for a lie down!

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 03:06 PM
WHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!! :greengrin

i knew there would be one.... didnt for one minute think it would be you Andy!! :na na:

:faint::bsod:

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I remember when we swapped Graham Harvey for Colin Harris and thought we had pulled the wool over Dundee'e eyes. They thought the same. Only time both teams got diddled cos the stick had to *****ty ends.

3pm
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Captain is Klaus Dietrich. Still shiver about getting beat 2-0 at Love Street in 98.

soproni1
06-01-2011, 03:16 PM

I was desperately tryin to think of him - He was probably the 1st s**** player i remember. Didnt see many of the others - hence the more recent inclusions

allezsauzee
06-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Zibi

Van Zanten
Brian Welsh
Dods
Edge

Wiss
Kerr
O'Brien

Hurtado
Konte
Showunmi
Joe Keenan in front of Kerr any day of the week...possibly the slowest player ever to play for Hibs

AllyF
06-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Was Roland Edge really that bad?

I have a foggy, 9-year-old memory of him being OK.

This thread is bringing back some hilarious memories though. Forgot all about Jay Shields. Where is he now?

Ritchie
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Colin Murdoch would have to be the captain of the crap team.

he was terrible.

aberhibsfc
06-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Evans for me was a 110%'er, he would run at defences all day, though he couldn't go by anyone he tended to run at them until they relieved his stress by tackling the ball off him.

That said he scored few goals but some important, like the double against DUFC when we were all but beat with 5mins to go, Malpas even scored for them, ended 3-2.

Or When we went to Parkhead in the early 90's and he scored, although his first shot came off the goalie first.

Despite his lack of goals which for a striker was really bad, you could never fault him for effort and energy. Now I know there's a raging battle where players put in effort and little else, but whilst Evans was terrible at holding onto the ball he did run at defences and did create space for others to exploit. Compared to the current crop, you'd play Evans in todays team every game.

The Wright / Jackson partnership, boy Miller had a decent team towards the end. Imagine having players of that ilk along with your McGinlay's, O'Neill's, McAllister's, McLeod's & Leighton's.

Worst team, I need to sleep on it. But Si Brown has to be the goalie, I know Zibi made some mistakes but the pressure on him was incredible as he followed Brown who was an absolute joke, never forget his Hearts goal tw@t!! Yeah, Brown sure went on to prove Hibs wrong right enough, he was the boo boy, nothing to do with him being pish and being found out at his next club too.

al bundy
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
can i add mark mcgraw to the list thanks

Brads Laing
06-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Zibi

Orman Martis Murdock Zarabi

De Graaf Townsley Wiss O'Brien

Konte Nish (i honestly think he should be part of this)

yekimevol
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
what about the squad since january 2010 ??? there has not been many good games since then also were now a releigation fight :(

Mixu62
06-01-2011, 10:32 PM

One of my favourite ER memories involves Gareth Evans. 2-0 down to Dundee Utd with 10 minutes to go, on comes Evans, Scores 2 and sets up one for Keith, 3-2 win! Guys a legend IMO.

IWasThere2016
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
One of my favourite ER memories involves Gareth Evans. 2-0 down to Dundee Utd with 10 minutes to go, on comes Evans, Scores 2 and sets up one for Keith, 3-2 win! Guys a legend IMO.

We were rank for 80 mins .. United totally bossed us until Evans came on - he was on fire! :agree:

Great game in the end :thumbsup:

I nearly left early for the earlier train too IIRC.

number 27
07-01-2011, 08:56 AM

Simon Brown

Sadly I would fancy your team to take at least a point off our current superstars

Captain Trips
07-01-2011, 11:47 AM

I thought Andy Millen did a good job also.

Phil MaGlass
07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Zibi

Van Zanten
Brian Welsh
Dods
Edge

Wiss
Kerr
O'Brien

Hurtado
Konte
Showunmi

didnae think Welshy was bad masel.

tomhorn
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Zibi

Orman Martis Murdock Zarabi

De Graaf Townsley Wiss O'Brien

Konte Nish (i honestly think he should be part of this)

I genuinley think that lot would pump our current starting 11.

davidw
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Eh, hello? Brian Hamilton, anyone? It gets me in a bad mood just thinking about him.

Also, Tortellini/Tortolano.

And while I'm at it - Alan Sneddon. Jesus! Alan Sneddon!

And that Icelandic clown of a keeper - Gottskalsson, or whatever his name was. In fact, come to think of it, just about every goalkeeper we've had since the glory days of Rough/Goram/Leighton. I'll also forgive Burridge, but none of the rest.

I'll have to stop - I'm in danger of getting carried away. But yes, Benny Brazil ('though does anyone remember a winter friendly against Celtic in 1984-ish (played at Easter Road because we had undersoil heating and every other ground was frozen) when we won 4-1 (or maybe 4-2) and Brazil scored a hat-trick? Or perhaps that was a dream I had (no, it wasn't).

That'll do. I need to stop.

Oh, alright then - Nish.

john18722
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Totally agree with this, Brian Kerr was a superstar compared to Graeme Miller and Paul Holsgrove. Holsgrove was my mates most despised player and he couldn't understand why he was earning a living as a footballer. He couldn't pass, had no pace and was extremely weak and easily shoved off the ball. A horror of a player!

I remember the start of the season we went down when we signed Paul Tosh, Lee Power etc and thinking, wow we have signed a lot of new players (having gone through the Lexo period of signing very few) we are going to do really well this season. That was before I had witnessed how unbelievably sh*te a player could be! Lee Power i thought was (at around 15/16) was going to be a star as he had played for Norwich in the Premiership and therefore must have been brilliant. One gial against Celtic aside he was mince. But he was no Eduardo Hurtado.

hfc rd
07-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Zibby Malkowski

David Van Zanten
Shelton Martis
Colin Murdock
Yannick Zambernardi

Jonathan Johannson
Brian Kerr
Joe Keenan
Alan O'Brien

Amadou Konte