PDA

View Full Version : tonites ref

cammy1969
29-12-2010, 10:54 PM
suprised that no 1s said enything about 2nites ref how he never booked any of there players in the 1st hour is unreal imo what was his name

Ritchie
29-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Just when you think the standard of refereeing can't get any worse, the SFA send a clown like that one tonight.

Utterly clueless

GreenCastle
29-12-2010, 11:00 PM
The guy against Aberdeen was poor - but tonight he allowed Utd to kick lumps out of Hibs and get away with it. Stevenson misses the ball and trips the player = yellow card!

Numerous fouls should have been yellows but he missed them.

Though the freekick near the end when Deeks and Zoomer were fighting over the ball - I thought the Utd player won the ball and it wasn't a freekick.

Hibs Class
29-12-2010, 11:05 PM
suprised that no 1s said enything about 2nites ref how he never booked any of there players in the 1st hour is unreal imo what was his name

Stevie O'Reilly I think

PaulSmith
29-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Stevie O'Reilly I think

That was the Aberdeen ref, tonight was Euan Norris

jackhfc
29-12-2010, 11:11 PM
That was the Aberdeen ref, tonight was Euan Norris

I'll forward that to the taliban:devil::greengrin

RickyS
29-12-2010, 11:11 PM

Ref was a complete clown! don't know who he was but I hope he goes back to the amateurs asap

matty_f
29-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Ref was a complete clown! don't know who he was but I hope he goes back to the amateurs asap

:agree: So inconsistent, and how Utd went unpunished for so long, I'll never know.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2010, 11:16 PM

I thought he was unduly harsh when he booked Stevenson and overly lenient with some early United fouls.

However, the sending off was harsh too and it helped us get a point. Funny isn't it.

PS We usually frown on text speak on hibs.net. :wink:

pedroorange1875
29-12-2010, 11:17 PM
David Goodwillie had 6/7 fouls, 1 a studs up slide, no booking. i honestly believe this is the worst performance i have seen since Freeland v Falkirk, the only reason he sent of Swanson that even he was probably so shocked he tried to handle the ball

Saorsa
29-12-2010, 11:30 PM
another useless pr!ck, so what's new.

matty_f
29-12-2010, 11:34 PM
The west stand linesman was worse than the ref, btw - was miles behind play on so many occasions and missed at least 3 clear offsides.

Bayern Bru
29-12-2010, 11:38 PM
BBC reported it as being Stevie O'Reilly. Mind you, aside from prize tools like Messrs Richmond and Collum, the rest of the clowns masquerading as referees are virtually indistinguishable from each other.

I don't mind Hibs players being booked for bad tackles etc. What I can't stand is blatant inconsistency which is what we got tonight. I lost count of how many times we were penalised for virtually the same things United players were getting away with.

And don't get me started on Stevenson's booking.

GreenCastle
29-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Did the 1st goal look offside at all ?

There was a time in the 1st half the ball went about a foot over the goal line towards the East / FF and the ref allowed Brown to play on ? :confused:

Hibbyradge
29-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Did the 1st goal look offside at all ?

Not to me.

There was a time in the 1st half the ball went about a foot over the goal line towards the East / FF and the ref allowed us to play on ? :confused:

The United chance looked about a foot over the line too, at least to my mate who was sitting beside me.

greenlex
29-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Wish the can't had stayed on strike. Poor poor game.

snooky
30-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Not to me.

The United chance looked about a foot over the line too, at least to my mate who was sitting beside me.

Can I throw in the decision to start with a drop ball after the Utd player's head knock. It was nowhere near where the ball was when the game was stopped (even though no Utd player was close to the dropped ball). :rules:

The ludicrous booking of Lewis and the Untd challenges that went on with no yellow cards says it all about the standard of Scottish senior referees.

frazeHFC
30-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Shocking performance by the ref again.

How did Stevenson get booked even though they had lots of bad challenges and avoided a booking until at least an hour in?

Bring back the Maltese refs. :agree:

jdships
30-12-2010, 12:49 PM
STEVE O’REILLY is to be probed by the SFA and gambling commission after his latest dubious red card.

On Tuesday night the referee, who has sent-off 11 players in 16 games this season, handed Motherwell kid Jennings a straight red card for dissent.
M'well V Jambo's

Any further on this "probe" ? :greengrin

ronaldo7
30-12-2010, 02:06 PM
It's the inconsistencies that get on the fans doubries. The ref against the dons (O'Reilly) was terrible in the tv game between Motherwell V hertz, missing the incident in which Skacel deliberately put his foot in to stop a free kick being taken, and when the Motherwell player complained, he was booked. The terrible decision to send off the Motherwell lad compounded his night.

He then attended the Hibs v Aberdeen game and made a complete mess of several incidents. (Too many to mention)

The guy last night (Euan Norris), was equally bad due to his inconsistencies in the laws of the game.

I also heard on the radio last night at the ICT v Killie game the ref didn't book the goalie after awarding Killie a penalty. They didn't go into the incident fully but the comentators were saying he should have been booked.

The level of refereeing in our country is at an all time low imo, and the sooner they stop thinking the game is all about them, the better.

Bishop Hibee
30-12-2010, 02:56 PM
The ref was really poor last night. Total inconsistency especially regarding the non-booking of Goodwillie. Utd were also taking the mickey with the blocking of quick free kicks. East Stand side linesman appeared to miss a few offsides too.

Refs seem to have been told recently to book as few players as possible but if we have a ref like this in the derby, Hertz will get away with murder.

Geo_1875
30-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Can't believe he didn't book Dixon until the dying minutes of the game. If you look at the BBC text report of the game he spent most of the game giving away free kicks, including one identical to Stevenson's bookable challenge. Persistent fouling is obviously allowed for some teams.

Leith_Hibee
30-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Good chant from the back of the East "Bring back the foreign refs"

I didn't think he was too bad, quite lenient but about time, the game in Scotland is too stop start. The Stevenson booking was his biggest mistake, if he hadn't booked him then I dont think the fans would be complaining too much.

O'Reilly on the other hand is just incompetent.

Dunbar Hibee
30-12-2010, 03:28 PM
How Goodwillie didn't at least get a booking last night i'll never know. IMO he could have been off, and that was just in the first half. Cheating wee **** :agree: