PDA

View Full Version : Over on HOBO OBSESSED

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 05:26 PM
JKB.

Got back into Edinburgh late last night after a lot of travel chaos and slouched out to the box, watching 'When Harvey Met Bob' followed by a retrospective on Live Aid. Made me re-appreciate just how good Queen were that day in 1985, and especially how breathtaking their performance of Radio Ga Ga was - not that big a fan of Queen, but don't think there can be many live performances to match this...

I reckon it could be a good one for the play list for the derby game. In the same way as David Bowie's Heroes become the soundtrack to 2005-06 due to the deep lyrical content, I really take a lot from these two lines as regards the season so far, and the unexpected opportunity that lies ahead.

"You had your time, you had the power
You've yet to have your finest hour"

For me, that says: a team of talented journeymen who, by chance, seem to be clicking and a manager who knows what the club means to the fans.

Deodato

PS: There was some great 'Heroes' David Bowie Hearts videos made of 2005-06, would be very grateful if anyone has the links to them?

This post has been edited by Deodato: Yesterday, 13:50

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Queen were the most fantastic band live? Stadiums were built for Freddie Mercury. :not worth

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Also counted seven threads about/relating to us.

What a sad bunch they are.

Honestly the way some of them go on you would think they were ****in Arsensal or Chelsea.

I very rarely read anything that lot have to say but wanted to see if they had a thread regarding LM.
Couldn't help myself having a wee read.

My hatred for Hearts and all that lot stand for has now tripled. :fuming:

hibbybrian
28-12-2010, 05:33 PM
There was some great 'Heroes' David Bowie Hearts videos made of 2005-06, would be very grateful if anyone has the links to them?

Surely he was referring to the Hearts Double Heroes of 1985-86 :confused:

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Queen were the most fantastic band live? Stadiums were built for Freddie Mercury. :not worth

:agree:

essexhibee
28-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I HATE them. But hey, they have something to shout about and we don't. They have got some great talent in their team, and even with ***** players seem to get results.

We will get humped Saturday. 4-0 or even 5-0 i fear. It will be a rout. In past derby's where we were labeled to get thrashed we had something my avatar suggests... TOGETHERNESS. We have none in the current squad. We had **** players like Chisholm and Van Zanten who were dire but at least gave a flying **** and steamed in their for the jersey. This lot are ***** but don't even have the heart to get stuck in.

Thank **** I'm working so i don't have to witness that horror show. Something is wrong at the club whether it be behind the scenes or not because we just seem to be getting worse and worse. It would appear things couldn't get any worse but they will do just that on Saturday when we will get a ceremonious doing.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Surely he was referring to the Hearts Double Heroes of 1985-86 :confused:

Don't think I've heard of this, have you got more information?

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I HATE them. But hey, they have something to shout about and we don't. They have got some great talent in their team, and even with ***** players seem to get results.

We will get humped Saturday. 4-0 or even 5-0 i fear. It will be a rout. In past derby's where we were labeled to get thrashed we had something my avatar suggests... TOGETHERNESS. We have none in the current squad. We had **** players like Chisholm and Van Zanten who were dire but at least gave a flying **** and steamed in their for the jersey. This lot are ***** but don't even have the heart to get stuck in.

Thank **** I'm working so i don't have to witness that horror show. Something is wrong at the club whether it be behind the scenes or not because we just seem to be getting worse and worse. It would appear things couldn't get any worse but they will do just that on Saturday when we will get a ceremonious doing.

Ok I agree with you we are pretty pish at the moment but I've not given up the ghost just yet.
I think you give this Hearts team far too much credit, their not all that you know.
I watched them play Motherwell a few weeks ago and although they eventually won by getting a penalty that never was, they were ****in murder polis.
What some Hibs fans and players alike need to remember is that this same team went to Ibrox not too long ago and ****ed thum three-nil......I suppose what I'm trying to say is that, there is some hope :aok:

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post

And so would we if we ever got thirty odd ****in million in debt.:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
28-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Hearts are going through a good spell at the moment but you can almost guarantee that a knight in shining armour will ride into town and spoil things for them sooner rather than later.

Enter Vladimir Romanov.

:turnevil:

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Hearts are going through a good spell at the moment but you can almost guarantee that a knight in shining armour will ride into town and spoil things for them sooner rather than later.

Enter Vladimir Romanov.

:turnevil:

:wink::greengrin

.Sean.
28-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Oi!

Queen arenae that bad! :greengrin

hibbybrian
28-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't think I've heard of this, have you got more information?

Glasgow Herald reports on Hearts Double Heroes

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Glasgow Herald reports on Hearts Double Heroes

I take it they only won one of the competitions then, and that's the joke calling them "double heroes"?

Jim44
28-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post

And so would we if we ever got thirty odd ****in million in debt.:rolleyes:

The Jambos are simply gloating as were last year. What goes round comes round. Leave it at that, as the debt reference is meaningless. How long is that now that they've been going to the dogs? :rolleyes: It ain't going to happen.

Hibercelona
28-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I take it they only won one of the competitions then, and that's the joke calling them "double heroes"?

Did the famous Hearts not win the treble? :confused:

Perhaps thats why "double heroes" is regarded as a joke...

No? :dunno:

Hibs90
29-12-2010, 12:09 AM
They have got some great talent in their team, and even with ***** players seem to get results.

Nothing better than a good contradiction :greengrin

paul_hfc3
29-12-2010, 12:24 AM

No, Average players who are doing well due to the rest of the SPL being piss poor. You don't see SSN going on about any of their top players do you. Just wait, their current run of form is keeping the tards at bay. Darren Barr and Kevin Piles will get found out eventually, and don't even get me started on that dud Stephen Elliot, hes worse than Colin Nish mark my words

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 10:19 AM
The Jambos are simply gloating as were last year. What goes round comes round. Leave it at that, as the debt reference is meaningless. How long is that now that they've been going to the dogs? :rolleyes: It ain't going to happen.

God knows they are due a laugh at us, they've been providing comedy for years now - it's what big clubs do.

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-12-2010, 10:53 AM
No, Average players who are doing well due to the rest of the SPL being piss poor. You don't see SSN going on about any of their top players do you. Just wait, their current run of form is keeping the tards at bay. Darren Barr and Kevin Piles will get found out eventually, and don't even get me started on that dud Stephen Elliot, hes worse than Colin Nish mark my wordsThat was the same excuse Hearts fans used about us when we were doing well last year!

Jim44
29-12-2010, 11:13 AM
No, Average players who are doing well due to the rest of the SPL being piss poor. You don't see SSN going on about any of their top players do you. Just wait, their current run of form is keeping the tards at bay. Darren Barr and Kevin Piles will get found out eventually, and don't even get me started on that dud Stephen Elliot, hes worse than Colin Nish mark my words

I think I'd still rather be the best of a bad bunch than the worst of a bad bunch. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
29-12-2010, 11:25 AM

They won the league on the last day did they not? I'm sure I've seen pictures of fans crying with tears of joy?

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Is it really the time for us to be slagging them. They'll be pishing themselves laughing at the mo!