PDA

View Full Version : REAL Hibs fans would protest if we lose to utd. on Wednesday (which we will)

hibsfan
27-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I have had enough. I love this club so will be there on Wednesday, but;

-Petrie has to show some commitment and ambition to run a CLUB not just a business.
- There isn't a player on the park who gives a damn about this club, as long as they get their wages at the end of the month (Deek perhaps is different but is starting to get fed up as he can't do it all on his own).
- I have coached teams for 20+years and there are NO tactics in the way CC sets his team out no player knows what they are meant to be doing and what is happening around them - you can see this in the way they are looking at the bench for help.
- Watching hibs this year is embarrassing - we look like a bunch of part time players - aged 13 / 14 - clueless.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNLESS PETRIE SHOWS SOME DESIRE - and that wont happen unless there is real pressure from fans.

SO - I am gonna put it out there - if hibs dont win on wednesday - EVERY fan at the match heads to the back of the main stand and Protest for change.

(RANT OVER):flag:

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm a counterfeit fan and have been for 40 years.

I'll wait until the manager has brought a few of his own players in before I make any judgements.

H18sry
27-12-2010, 12:20 PM
What defines "a real Hibs fan" ?

DarlingtonHibee
27-12-2010, 12:22 PM

-Petrie has to show some commitment and ambition to run a CLUB not just a business.
- There isn't a player on the park who gives a damn about this club, as long as they get their wages at the end of the month (Deek perhaps is different but is starting to get fed up as he can't do it all on his own).
- I have coached teams for 20+years and there are NO tactics in the way CC sets his team out no player knows what they are meant to be doing and what is happening around them - you can see this in the way they are looking at the bench for help.
- Watching hibs this year is embarrassing - we look like a bunch of part time players - aged 13 / 14 - clueless.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNLESS PETRIE SHOWS SOME DESIRE - and that wont happen unless there is real pressure from fans.

SO - I am gonna put it out there - if hibs dont win on wednesday - EVERY fan at the match heads to the back of the main stand and Protest for change.

Do't agree - but well done, no doubt this will be on the Jambo's site in 10 minutes....

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 12:22 PM

Take a book to read. :wink:

Jack
27-12-2010, 12:23 PM

CAPITAL LETTERS :greengrin

hibee_nation
27-12-2010, 12:23 PM

I'll believe you are serious when i see you pitching your tent. Real fans don't have meally mouthed protests, they hold vigils untill something is really achieved or it gets a bit cold,whichever comes first. In fact the very threat of this sort of action will surely galvanise the team and have us heading up the league like a rat up a drainpipe. :notworthy:

IWasThere2016
27-12-2010, 12:26 PM

I'll wait until the manager has brought a few of his own players in before I make any judgements.

:thumbsup:

Yogi'll tell ye - I think you've to be in the 5% club

Bostonhibby
27-12-2010, 12:28 PM

Agree with most of this, and if it wasn't that I want to test Calderwoods mettle by seeing who he ditches and replaces, and how quickly I might just be burning my underpants at the back of the stand with you when Utd turn us over.

I worked out that you were 6 years old when you started coaching - can you remember anything tactical from then that you might want to pass on to our current squad? Maybe they will identify with it:wink:

BigKev
27-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Dearie me.:rolleyes:

Hibs90
27-12-2010, 12:31 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/75378-TrollFace.png

hibsfan
27-12-2010, 12:32 PM
A real fan is someone who goes every week but is willing to boo the team off the park when they perform in the way they did yesterday. Most of the people at ER aren't prepared to do that because to them the club is 'untouchable'... well I am afraid I care too much to stand back and watch - some people in the Main stand were even prepared to clap them off at the end yesterday!

WE are the worst team in this division and really have been for a while. We will get gubbed at the pink bus shelter - but I will still be there - how many people in the east stand yesterday can say that?!

Maybe after hearts beat us 4,5,6 or dare I say it 7-0 on Sunday... then more people will be angry like me!

hibsfan
27-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I worked out that you were 6 years old when you started coaching - can you remember anything tactical from then that you might want to pass on to our current squad? Maybe they will identify with it:wink:

I wish I was that young! but with a son of 16 myself, I can assure you that I am a lot older than that!

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 12:35 PM
A real fan is someone who goes every week but is willing to boo the team off the park when they perform in the way they did yesterday. Most of the people at ER aren't prepared to do that because to them the club is 'untouchable'... well I am afraid I care too much to stand back and watch - some people in the Main stand were even prepared to clap them off at the end yesterday!

WE are the worst team in this division and really have been for a while. We will get gubbed at the pink bus shelter - but I will still be there - how many people in the east stand yesterday can say that?!

Maybe after hearts beat us 4,5,6 or dare I say it 7-0 on Sunday... then more people will be angry like me!

You're only a real fan if you boo! Priceless.

A real parent is one who cares enough to beat his children. :agree:

hibiedude
27-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Here we go again with the real Hibs fan rubbish :blah::blah::blah:

marinello59
27-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Will you lead us lesser mortals to the promised land? :thumbsup:
(Apologies for not genuflecting as I typed this, I am unworthy if being on the same messageboard as genuine fans. )

marinello59
27-12-2010, 12:40 PM
CAPITAL LETTERS :greengrin
:top marks :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 12:41 PM
You're only a real fan if you boo! Priceless.

A real parent is one who cares enough to beat his children. :agree:

A real fan is one who cares enough to beat his children, while he's booing.

A real fan is one who lies about his age on Hibs.net.

cocopops1875
27-12-2010, 12:44 PM

one that stands outside mumping and moaning at 10pm after another loss of course :wink: i will however wait and see what january brings and make my call (rod will be sitting worried about that im sure). Ps to the op what if its a draw ? does that mean anythings changed ?

martin63
27-12-2010, 12:44 PM
The one thing I hate more than anything is someone dictating to me what I should do.
Obviousle I am not a 'real fan' as I have no intention (win or loose) of going anywhere near the main stand to start a protest.
My interpretation of a 'real fan' was someone who stuck by their team through thick or thin and gave them all the support they could.
Yes things are bad at the moment but why start this before the transfer window? Surely a 'real fan' would wait and see the outcome. I suppose we could always pay off the players we feel are not 'hibs class' and leave nothing in the kitty for new signings, or, we can see who can be brought in and keep the so called dross until their contracts expire ,which would cost less, and start the rebuild in earnest during the close season.
In the meantime as a 'not real fan' I will decide what I want to do thank you very much.

ahibby
27-12-2010, 12:45 PM
It's a funny old game and I for one wouldn't be surprised if we got a result on Wednesday after the dire game yesterday. I'll be interested to see how Rankin does; whether he shrinks because of his mistake yesterday or takes it as a challenge to show that he is better than that.

Wembley67
27-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm actually a better fan than most of the people on this board.

hibsfan
all goes to prove my point really doesn't it!:aok:

NAE NOOKIE
I can sympathise with the OP.

Hibs were so bad yesterday that I even stopped watching to reply to texts I was getting and I never do that during a game.

I am in the camp that CC should get at least 2 seasons to show what he can do, but I have to say that up to now he is certainly proving that he cant motivate this useless shower into at least showing some bloody fight !!!

As for at least getting them organized .......... No sign of that either.

We were for the most part out fought and out played by probably the worst team in the SPL yesterday. If Hamilton find a bit of form we will be heading for another 1st division adventure.

Matty_Jack04
still finding it a bit hard to swallow CC is getting the blame for this, that team was assembled by hughes, couldnt pass the ball under hughes didnt look like they played the game before under hughes and its the same now! CC isnt a miracle worker if they players are'nt bright enough to understand there job its hardly his fault, as for petrie he's backed every manager thats been employed most of who we all screamed for to b appointed hardly his fault they brought mediocre players to the club!

Finally we appoint a manager who has experience and managed at a decent level and we shoot him down before he's even signed a player! Only at hibs.

Saorsa
I'm actually a better fan than most of the people on this board.I'm glad you said most there :wink:

marinello59
27-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Erm..................how?:confused:

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Which one?

That no-one on here is a real fan?

That you lie about your age?

That I beat my kids?

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Quite a few showing their dismay at the way things are by not attending games.

This is the only way the guys in suits understand because it hurts them were it counts. No not the pockets but the EGO

When the balance sheets don't look so rosie, that's when the tache will ***** himself.:agree:

cocopops1875
27-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Which one?

That no-one on here is a real fan?

That you lie about your age?

That I beat my kids?:greengrin

And what if its a draw ? im looking out some hats for us to kick about what kind of hats would be appropriate ?

Greentinted
27-12-2010, 12:55 PM
To be fair the OP is hurting, nowt wrong with that given the dross thats been on show for an extended period. However, that is not a measure of 'real fan-ness'. Things on the field are bad and have been because simply the actual footballing side of things has been woefully neglected at the expense of stabilising the corporate infrastructure, and has incrementally deteriorated since the Mowbray/Collins 2007 cup winning era (which does seem a helluva lot longer than that).
Dare I say it, is surely a matter of regrouping, letting CC do HIS stuff (with, of course the apposite input from those managing the financial end) and making a judicious evaluation from that point. No, things ain't looking too good but protests should, IMO, be reserved for mobilisation when the club, as a whole, is in serious jeopardy.
As to the 'real fan' accolade. I suppose not having attended every Hibs fixture in my (almost) 42 years on this planet, I'm somewhat short of being included, but being a pragmatist shouldn't preclude me from caring!

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 12:55 PM

OK, I'm convinced. What's the plan?

Can we meet up after the game? Or, maybe we could watch the game together first?

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 12:59 PM

Can we meet up after the game? Or, maybe we could watch the game together first?

Oh, how lovely. I think we're seeing the start of something really nice here.

Hibby D
27-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Take a book to read. :wink:

:greengrin We have recipe books in ours :cool2:

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 01:02 PM
:greengrin We have recipe books in ours :cool2:

Does it have one for a quick and easy solution to sh*te?

Luna_Asylum
27-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Quite a few showing their dismay at the way things are by not attending games.

This is the only way the guys in suits understand because it hurts them were it counts. No not the pockets but the EGO

When the balance sheets don't look so rosie, that's when the tache will ***** himself.:agree:

The balance sheets have looked less than rosie before and I cannot recall the tache ***** himself. But perhaps he did

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 01:06 PM

Oh, how lovely. I think we're seeing the start of something really nice here.

I think he's going to stand me up. :boo hoo:

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 01:07 PM

Clearly not a real man then.

heretoday
27-12-2010, 01:10 PM
For heavens sake football is all swings and roundabouts. Hibs fans know that better than any.

Let CC get his hands on the cheque book first and see what he does in the rest of the season.

We'll probably finish about halfway up the league. :yawn:

Woody1985
27-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Erse, I wasn't at the game but was speaking to guys in my local who were and they said it was dire.

Coaching for 20 years and spouting pish, no wonder the game is a mess.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2010, 01:17 PM

:faf: I did think you were a bit pushy to be honest, maybe you should have built up gradually, via say a candlelit protest for 2 to see how it goes, before just diving in?

This could ruin your chances for any future protest as well, you will probably end up being there on your own.

Phil D. Rolls
27-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Is it the predictability, or the stupidity of posts like this that make me want to cut my wrists?

I can't be a real fan, because I think you are talking balls. Get a grip, wait and see what happens in January and then think about going down the Yammish route.

One question, if Petrie showed desire, how many new players could he have signed since Yogi was emptied. Hughes was a big mistake, Petrie acted at the right time to correct it, and has a chance to get things right in January.

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 01:26 PM
:faf: I did think you were a bit pushy to be honest, maybe you should have built up gradually, via say a candlelit protest for 2 to see how it goes, before just diving in?

This could ruin your chances for any future protest as well, you will probably end up being there on your own.

I think he's well out of it. The OP was, IMHO, merely wanting a one-protest-stand. You know the type... false sincerity, promises everything, then it's a quick placard up the back of the stand.... never to be seen again.

allmodcons
27-12-2010, 01:32 PM

I'm just wondering why you didn't apply for the Hibs job when Yogi got punted.

With all your 'experience' I'm sure you'd have had us (at the very least) in the top 6 by now.

10 weeks into the job and you've already decided an ex Scotland International defender is tactically inept.

Given your 'managerial experience', what would you be doing that CC hasn't already tried?

H18sry
27-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Clearly not a real FAN then.

Sorted it for you :wink:

Bostonhibby
27-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I think he's well out of it. The OP was, IMHO, merely wanting a one-protest-stand. You know the type... false sincerity, promises everything, then it's a quick placard up the back of the stand.... never to be seen again.

:agree: And all thats left is the itch, sounds like a lucky escape to me.
Personally I would never go out on a blind protest, you never know who will turn up, or what you will be left with. They could disappear as quickly as they are arrived, and you are left dangling half way up Scott's monument with your hand crafted "Pretie out" banner dangling in the wind.

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 01:59 PM

:agree: And all thats left is the itch, sounds like a lucky escape to me.
Personally I would never go out on a blind protest, you never know who will turn up, or what you will be left with. They could disappear as quickly as they are arrived, and you are left dangling half way up Scott's monument with your hand crafted "Pretie out" banner dangling in the wind.

Why do some real fans have no conscience when it comes to jilted ex protest friends?

Why do they seem to think that they can come in and out of their lifes without any thought for their feelings?

Why don't they understand the hurt they cause and just stay away?

I'm off to read Men are from Mars, Real fans are from Venus.

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 02:05 PM

I think "REAL" fans will go along with the view of cheering on our team to win, knowing how big this game will be kicking every ball in support of the team.

I do not think "REAL" fans go along on the basis of we are going to lose this game.

I wont be joining in any protest, but all the best to you, I have heard it is going to be cold on Wednesday night!

Bostonhibby
27-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Why do some men have no conscience when it comes to jilted ex girl friends. Why do they seem to think that they can come in and out of their lifes without any thought for their feelings. Why don't they understand the hurt they cause and stay away?

Why do some real fans have no conscience when it comes to jilted ex protest friends?

Why do they seem to think that they can come in and out of their lifes without any thought for their feelings?

I wish I had all the answers.

You maybe need to set up a group of like minded rebounders and veto potential suitors however I think its always been the case that there are predators out there who either target the lonely protesters ads, or hang about looking for the vulnerable at the grab a protester evening in seedy nightclubs.

I'd stay away from speed protesting evenings, as they are far too quick to be of any lasting value, you normally only get 60 seconds to listen to what your potential beau thinks (Petrie out, Hibs mince, that sort of thing).
Worse, just when you are about to reply or at least think about it, another angry guy in a Hibs scarf plonks himself in front of you telling you that Petrie is an accountant, Hibs are mince, Colin Nish is Colin Nish........ and so it continues.

I hope if stops snowing soon as I need to get out of here to the pub.........

Hibby D
27-12-2010, 02:18 PM

It's these ex-protest friends that will see you in the clink for ten years. Mark my words :agree:

Stick with me kid - 6 months I'm telling ye :wink:

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 02:26 PM
It's these ex-protest friends that will see you in the clink for ten years. Mark my words :agree:

Diane! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day.

sundo1875
27-12-2010, 02:43 PM
and what happens if we win

sundo1875
27-12-2010, 02:47 PM
wash your mouth out

ADMINS .........................!!!!!!!!!!

after the shocking performance of the last derby we went to ibrox and won 3-0

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 02:49 PM

Are you saying you'll let your men out after 6 months?

Stick yer placard/recipe book up yer bahookie.

And let me watch.

Sammy7nil
27-12-2010, 03:02 PM
It's a funny old game and I for one wouldn't be surprised if we got a result on Wednesday after the dire game yesterday. I'll be interested to see how Rankin does; whether he shrinks because of his mistake yesterday or takes it as a challenge to show that he is better than that.

Good to see some humour on this thread :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Rankin is Rotten :agree:

Spike Mandela
27-12-2010, 03:29 PM

Protest against what exactly:confused:

The time to protest against lack of investment in the team was prior to the training centre or stands being built. Every single saleable asset has been sold off in recent years and no protest was forthcoming.

The board have quite openly and inclusively went about a rebuilding process in the last ten years with much acclaim from the vast majority of fans and indeed .net members. A seventy odd page thread about the new stand is testament to that.

Because of that strategy we now find ourselves in the predicament we are in. Not Mixu, Yogi or indeed RP. We are in the logical position we should be in due to this strategy and the forward plan should now be gradual improvement in the team but it won't be quick. In fact with crowds falling it may take even longer.

Just have to be even more patient now and hope we can do enough to stay in the league for us to reap the benefits.

As for protests, it's far too late to start whinging now about something the Hibs fans seemed to have approved of so strongly. We've made our own bed!!

Mikeystewart
27-12-2010, 03:50 PM

All football fans are the same in there expectations of a their club.

Expectations of a club are influenced by the success or failure of its previous managerial regime.

I don't believe hibs fans are any different from other fans.

If expectations are dictated by previous success or failure, then the expectation today would have been failure to beat Aberdeen a historically more successful club than Hibs.

Expectation cannot be built on potential, because potential cannot be guaranteed, that's why it is called potential.

If every club in the world met the expectations of the fans there would be no point in playing football, because the outcome would have already been pre-determined, its the failure to meet those expectations and the success of breaking through the shackles of the ones you have been set; that make football the sport I love.

love the unexpected, and stop being a sore looser when the unexpected happens to you

brush yourself down and get ready for the next punch

tamig
27-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Got to say this is yet another load of pish appearing on this forum.

Btw, I notice you say you've coached for over 20 years. Did you really start when you were 5?

ScottB
27-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Christ.

What is this mysterious 'CHANGE' that people are wanting? Is it...

1. Change the manager. Again. Aye, that worked out well so far, binning Mixu and Hughes, has anything improved? No. And the only one to get a new job (Mixu) is showing the goods elsewhere.

2. Replace Petrie / Petrie show 'desire.' Ok then, who replaces him? Who is this mysterious 'football minded' guy who will come in? And then what? We don't have any bloody money to spend. Petrie isn't sitting on some huge mound of cash counting it rather than spending it on players.

3. We need to spend more money on players. Do we now? Because as far as I can see, why spend much money than anyone out with the Old Firm and the financial basket cases at Tynecastle. Honestly this utter bull**** on here that more cash is a guarantee for better players is driving me up the wall. It isn't. Plenty other clubs do a good job uncovering gems and we simply don't manage it. Case in point, from our recent history, we pushed the boat out for Alan O'Brien and Maka. How did they work out then? Not that all more expensive players will end up like that, but it's a good point.

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2010, 04:34 PM

I wish I was that young! but with a son of 16 myself, I can assure you that I am a lot older than that!

Your profile says age: 26

So you became a dad at 10? :confused:

Any room on that PBS banner for hibsfan? :greengrin

back to your OP.....pretty sure Ian Murray gives a damn for this club....

Probably best that you sit in a dark room or something

seanraff07
27-12-2010, 06:28 PM
A 'REAL' Hibs fan should boo the team of the park?

Yep cause that will do them wonders.. :rolleyes:

Sioux
27-12-2010, 06:46 PM
A 'REAL' Hibs fan should boo the team of the park?

Yep cause that will do them wonders.. :rolleyes:

Nah. A real hibsfan would boo the team onto the park!

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Nah. A real hibsfan would boo the team onto the park!

Part-timer.

A real Hibs fan would boo them on their way into the ground.

The_Todd
27-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Is there someone who decides who is in the real fan category? Is it a booing competion? If I can't boo in person can I record myself booing and email it in?

Mikeystewart
27-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Is there someone who decides who is in the real fan category? Is it a booing competion? If I can't boo in person can I record myself booing and email it in?

I would say when people think of a fan they get it confused with a supporter.

I would say I am a fan and a supporter of Hibernian as I own a season ticket and I am rather fond of the club.

I would also say I am a fan of Barcelona and how they play football but I wouldn't say I support them over another team.
I do not provide the financial support so I am not a supporter.

I am also a fan of pizza but I'm not going to shout at people in the street because they prefer cheeseburgers to pizza.

As far as a club is concerned if you do not provide any financial support to the club you are not a supporter, you are just someone who has a certain affinity with the club (a fan).

back on the topic of food if the man who cooked my pizza was not doing a very good job I would stop eating his pizza.

If people aren't happy with what is happening at Easter road stop going, that will do more to get the attention of the board.

These discussions about the board / players is doing my head in.

I'm pretty sure the board and the manager shares everyone's concerns on this forum but you cant change things over night.

And what is anyone gona demonstrate about,

hiring a manager that the majority of hibs fans where in favour of

giving that manager the most amount of money to spend on wages transfer fees and sign on fees since the mcleish era

Dont want to sound like a marketing exec here but the worst thing that could happen just now is people stop going to games as that will directly impact on CC's budget for January and next summer.

Changing manager and board and fan base etc will change nothing. If someone on this forum had the solution and the information required to make an imformed judgment, im sure Rod would be on the phone by now.

Capt Mainwaring
27-12-2010, 07:44 PM

I would say I am a fan and a supporter of Hibernian as I own a season ticket and I am rather fond of the club.

I would also say I am a fan of Barcelona and how they play football but I wouldn't say I support them over another team.

I am also a fan of pizza but I'm not going to shout at people in the street because they prefer cheeseburgers to pizza.

As far as a club is concerned if you do not provide any financial support to the club you are not a supporter, you are just someone who has a certain affinity with the club (a fan).

back on the topic of food if the man who cooked my pizza was not doing a very good job I would stop eating his pizza.

If people aren't happy with what is happening at Easter road stop going, that will do more to get the attention of the board.

I'm pretty sure the board and the manager shares everyone's concerns on this forum but you cant change things over night.

giving that manager the most amount of money to spend on wages transfer fees and sign on fees since the mcleish era

Dont want to sound like a marketing exec here but the worst thing that could happen just now is people stop going to games as that will directly impact on CC's budget for January and next summer.

Changing manager and board and fan base etc will change nothing. If someone on this forum had the solution and the information required to make an imformed judgment, im sure Rod would be on the phone by now.

That's a load of bloody good sense that is!

jdships
27-12-2010, 07:48 PM

:thumbsup::top marks
Says it all for me !!!

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2010, 07:58 PM
OP deserves a break, in my view. Yes, it's nonsense and he's set himself up for ridicule, but he is articulating the frustration that many of us are feeling, and should be given a pat on the back rather than sneered at for his passion for the club, albeit, in my view strategically misguided.

Everyone knows that as football fans, we'll do nothing, then cry into our beer when it goes *its up.

Seriously though, Hibs are a phenomenon. We have a wonderful stadium, top training facilities, a healthy fanbase by Scottish standards, and a decent financial situation regarding our rivals.

To mess this up with the last three or four appointments takes some doing. Calderwood deserves a transfer window, or two, everyone argues, but does he? All he's done is stabilise the losing slide we started under Yogi. I honestly wonder whether he's earned one. Two might see us in division one on this form.

Leadership, commitment, organisation, pace and aggression are all lacking and should be able to brought in/be instilled by a manager. Skill and class is more difficult. But right now we have nothing and are heading for division one.

marinello59
27-12-2010, 08:05 PM
OP deserves a break, in my view. Yes, it's nonsense and he's set himself up for ridicule, but he is articulating the frustration that many of us are feeling, and should be given a pat on the back rather than sneered at for his passion for the club, albeit, in my view strategically misguided.

Everyone knows that as football fans, we'll do nothing, then cry into our beer when it goes *its up.

Seriously though, Hibs are a phenomenon. We have a wonderful stadium, top training facilities, a healthy fanbase by Scottish standards, and a decent financial situation regarding our rivals.

To mess this up with the last three or four appointments takes some doing. Calderwood deserves a transfer window, or two, everyone argues, but does he? All he's done is stabilise the losing slide we started under Yogi. I honestly wonder whether he's earned one. Two might see us in division one on this form.

Leadership, commitment, organisation, pace and aggression are all lacking and should be able to brought in/be instilled by a manager. Skill and class is more difficult. But right now we have nothing and are heading for division one.

When he sneers at other fans for not being real fans he loses my sympathy vote. But yes, we are all hurting right now.

ekhibee
27-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Protest against what exactly:confused:

The time to protest against lack of investment in the team was prior to the training centre or stands being built. Every single saleable asset has been sold off in recent years and no protest was forthcoming.

The board have quite openly and inclusively went about a rebuilding process in the last ten years with much acclaim from the vast majority of fans and indeed .net members. A seventy odd page thread about the new stand is testament to that.

Because of that strategy we now find ourselves in the predicament we are in. Not Mixu, Yogi or indeed RP. We are in the logical position we should be in due to this strategy and the forward plan should now be gradual improvement in the team but it won't be quick. In fact with crowds falling it may take even longer.

Just have to be even more patient now and hope we can do enough to stay in the league for us to reap the benefits.

As for protests, it's far too late to start whinging now about something the Hibs fans seemed to have approved of so strongly. We've made our own bed!!
Another excellent and truthful post Spike, and another one that I totally agree with.

J-C
27-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I personally thought the site of thousands of fans walking out with 10 mins left should be enough of a sign to the board that something has to be done and it needs sorted asap, don't go for this booing malarky, doesn't help anyone.

FitbaFolkKen
27-12-2010, 08:34 PM
It is **** being a Hibby at the moment...however a sneaky result against the Yams and a couple of early window signings joined with a few departures and everything will be rosey :hnet:

Of course if we get humped and there are no signings we are ****ed!

Joys of being a Hibby, Calderwood is clearly pissed at what is happening so I'm looking forward to January.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 08:42 PM
When he sneers at other fans for not being real fans he loses my sympathy vote. But yes, we are all hurting right now.

I'm not hurting, i'm more bored with the whole thing. I used to get so upset when we lost, but the whole experience of matchday is boring now. The sniping at players, managers, the football, the whole thing just bores the **** out of me now when i go, yet i'm still excited about going on Wednesday.:confused:

down-the-slope
27-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Christ.

What is this mysterious 'CHANGE' that people are wanting? Is it...

1. Change the manager. Again. Aye, that worked out well so far, binning Mixu and Hughes, has anything improved? No. And the only one to get a new job (Mixu) is showing the goods elsewhere.

2. Replace Petrie / Petrie show 'desire.' Ok then, who replaces him? Who is this mysterious 'football minded' guy who will come in? And then what? We don't have any bloody money to spend. Petrie isn't sitting on some huge mound of cash counting it rather than spending it on players.

3. We need to spend more money on players. Do we now? Because as far as I can see, why spend much money than anyone out with the Old Firm and the financial basket cases at Tynecastle. Honestly this utter bull**** on here that more cash is a guarantee for better players is driving me up the wall. It isn't. Plenty other clubs do a good job uncovering gems and we simply don't manage it. Case in point, from our recent history, we pushed the boat out for Alan O'Brien and Maka. How did they work out then? Not that all more expensive players will end up like that, but it's a good point.

:not worth been saying the same for ages.....but deaf ears most of the time from most people to the reality of that....

Give me the next £8k Ivan on a pittance...but hungry with something to prove at a higher level...or the next Spoony (Welsh / Booth etc) than washed up over paid players who want a Kings ransom but are not prepared to fight for the shirt...or if they are decent are only stepping on hibs to get to where they want

greenlex
27-12-2010, 10:30 PM
A real Hibs fan would run through Simpsons Maternity wing and boo new born and unborn babies just in case they go on to play for Hibs.

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 11:34 PM
A real Hibs fan would run through Simpsons Maternity wing and boo new born and unborn babies just in case they go on to play for Hibs.

:not worth

JimBHibees
27-12-2010, 11:39 PM

Wheatfield, Gorgie Road or Asbestos stand ? :wink:

ScottB
27-12-2010, 11:44 PM
:not worth been saying the same for ages.....but deaf ears most of the time from most people to the reality of that....

Give me the next £8k Ivan on a pittance...but hungry with something to prove at a higher level...or the next Spoony (Welsh / Booth etc) than washed up over paid players who want a Kings ransom but are not prepared to fight for the shirt...or if they are decent are only stepping on hibs to get to where they want

Very much so. How good have Dundee United been in recent years at finding lower league players who have made the grade for them? How much did ICT's squad cost? I bet the whole lot of them probably earn as much as Liam Miller, Deek, Murray and Rankin together. Even Hearts have shown the capability to spot a player in the lower leagues.

Personally, the tough questions I would be asking of the club are about the quality of our scouting network.

And as you say, as exciting as it is to sign a 'big name' it's not what the club needs long term. Any big name we sign will inevitably be damaged goods or on the downwards slope, they will either end up as wage thieves or bail for more cash elsewhere.

Apart from anything else, we simply don't have the money to take these kind of punts, and nor do we need too to be a success, unless anyone thinks ICT's squad cost more than ours did to put together? They are on a run of form (away from home mostly, but still) that we can only dream about. That shows what a bunch of players, most of which are pretty unremarkable, can do when they A) Give a toss B) Put in the effort and are C) Organised and play as a team.

But then that kind of logic is in short supply round here these days it seems!

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2010, 11:50 PM

If they do, I'll be bloody angry. I've got a ticket for Saturday!

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Very much so. How good have Dundee United been in recent years at finding lower league players who have made the grade for them? How much did ICT's squad cost? I bet the whole lot of them probably earn as much as Liam Miller, Deek, Murray and Rankin together. Even Hearts have shown the capability to spot a player in the lower leagues.

Personally, the tough questions I would be asking of the club are about the quality of our scouting network.

And as you say, as exciting as it is to sign a 'big name' it's not what the club needs long term. Any big name we sign will inevitably be damaged goods or on the downwards slope, they will either end up as wage thieves or bail for more cash elsewhere.

Apart from anything else, we simply don't have the money to take these kind of punts, and nor do we need too to be a success, unless anyone thinks ICT's squad cost more than ours did to put together? They are on a run of form (away from home mostly, but still) that we can only dream about. That shows what a bunch of players, most of which are pretty unremarkable, can do when they A) Give a toss B) Put in the effort and are C) Organised and play as a team.

But then that kind of logic is in short supply round here these days it seems!

Very good post.

new malkyhib
28-12-2010, 01:05 AM

He'd probably reverse the charges, though...

jane_says
28-12-2010, 01:16 AM
still finding it a bit hard to swallow CC is getting the blame for this, that team was assembled by hughes, couldnt pass the ball under hughes didnt look like they played the game before under hughes and its the same now! CC isnt a miracle worker if they players are'nt bright enough to understand there job its hardly his fault, as for petrie he's backed every manager thats been employed most of who we all screamed for to b appointed hardly his fault they brought mediocre players to the club!

Finally we appoint a manager who has experience and managed at a decent level and we shoot him down before he's even signed a player! Only at hibs.

hughes assembled this team, which was near the top of the league a year ago today, bar stokes who wouldnt have made a difference yesterday
cc hasnt even got them playing as a team/showing a bit of fight, as such he takes a massive slice of the blame

ScottB
28-12-2010, 01:30 AM
hughes assembled this team, which was near the top of the league a year ago today, bar stokes who wouldnt have made a difference yesterday
cc hasnt even got them playing as a team/showing a bit of fight, as such he takes a massive slice of the blame

Hughes team fluked their way to near the top of the league, then barely won a game again under his tenure.

Lets not start the revisionism and paint the Hughes era as some wonderland of great football.

The constant in all of this are the players. It's amazing how quick folk round here are to blame Sir Tom, Petrie, the Manager (whoever it may be at that point) and a few select scapegoat players, yet there seems to be some reluctance to blame the lot of them as a collective group.

The same guys were mince under Mixu, mince under Hughes and now mince under CC. That tells you everything you need to know about the problems at the club.

Kaiser1962
28-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Part-timer.

A real Hibs fan would boo them on their way into the ground.

Pah!

REAL Hibs fans would stand at their house and boo them when they dare to set foot outside, for whatever reason. Call yourself a fan :grr:

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2010, 09:53 AM

Not any more. The in-laws have gone back down south. Just having in them in the same casts a shadow, and i'm convinced performances will improve from here on in.

BEEJ
28-12-2010, 10:00 AM
The same guys were mince under Mixu, mince under Hughes and now mince under CC. That tells you everything you need to know about the problems at the club.
There's no advantage to be had in blaming the players 'as a collective group'.

Much better if you just named these 'same guys' who have played under all three managers and who you think are responsible. The usual candidates will, of course, emerge.

In doing so, of course, you would be ignoring players signed since Mixu left, some of whom have yet to demonstrate the qualities for which Hughes presumably acquired them.

ScottB
28-12-2010, 12:23 PM
There's no advantage to be had in blaming the players 'as a collective group'.

Much better if you just named these 'same guys' who have played under all three managers and who you think are responsible. The usual candidates will, of course, emerge.

In doing so, of course, you would be ignoring players signed since Mixu left, some of whom have yet to demonstrate the qualities for which Hughes presumably acquired them.

Who from the last few years is worthy of praise for having performed consistently? Riordan maybe, but even then, I'm struggling to single out anyone who has, week in week out, played well and given it their all. Plenty are better than others of course, but I think that the player culture at the club is fundamentally broken, and has been since the Collins revolt.

Hopefully the mass cull of players next summer will do the job.

frazeHFC
28-12-2010, 12:33 PM
It is very frustrating but i do feel the club is doing the right thing. We have got a great stadium and facilities so when we get some of that cash spent back the only thing the board needs to focus on is the team.

I have the faith in the board that in a few years we will be buying better players and competing for 3rd every year. :flag:

Hibee Daz
28-12-2010, 12:43 PM

A real Hibs fan should also go to the sperm bank and boo those little tadpoles before they get the chance of becoming the babies, that become Hibs players.

Kaiser1962
28-12-2010, 12:48 PM
A real Hibs fan should also go to the sperm bank and boo those little tadpoles before they get the chance of becoming the babies, that become Hibs players.

I am going there right now to shout "you fckunig wnakre" at all the people going in and out (ooer missus) just to prove that I am a REAL HIBS FAN!

It will also acclimatise any sperms that do go on to play for Hibs.

500miles
28-12-2010, 01:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inpRaoYdQOI

Hibee Daz
28-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I am going there right now to shout "you fckunig wnakre" at all the people going in and out (ooer missus) just to prove that I am a REAL HIBS FAN!

It will also acclimatise any sperms that do go on to play for Hibs.

You ****in better had, or your nowhere near a real Hibs fan.:doh:

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Sod that. Go for broke and beat the living crap out of anyone who looks like they have even a remote chance of getting their leg over.

That ought to do it.