PDA

View Full Version : In Over Forty Years Watching Hibs .........

Sammy7nil
26-12-2010, 07:59 PM
The team has often (if not always) lacked Fight, Grit, Determination, Guts and a real will to win. Even the Tornades got rolled over to heavy defeats by Celtic (Okay to a very Good team)

As a club I think we have a real soft underbelly and Everyone knows it.

We are in a Relegation fight and if we dont Zemmama and few others back in the team VERY soon this season could be a nightmare.

Recent Games that Killed me and prove we are soft and gutless

Hibs 1 Dundee Utd 2 SC Semi (Hibs one up with 10 mins to play)
Hibs Dunfermline two semi SC games
Hibs Ross County
Hibs 0 Hearts 4 Semi
Ayr Utd semi
Morton at home CIS cup
Hamilton 4 - 0
St Johnstone 5 - 1
Aberdeen 2 -1 S sem Hibs in front
Livvy 2 - 0 cup final
Motherwell 6 - 6 Hibs were 4 up
ICT away last month

I will have to stop it is just depressing me.

francobaresi
26-12-2010, 08:45 PM
I fear the worst is yet to come, like New Years Day for instance, then the Scottish Cup again...

sKipper
26-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I fear the worst is yet to come, like New Years Day for instance, then the Scottish Cup again...

I genuinely believe we are in such serious decline, it could take years to turn round.

hibsbollah
26-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I never thought I'd say this but I'd take a defeat in the new years day derby, even a 3-0 would be a relief. I honestly fear they're going to take us apart:rolleyes:

Future17
26-12-2010, 09:08 PM

What do you mean by this? As a club we are "too nice", psychologically weak? What exactly gives us a "soft underbelly"?

Sir David Gray
26-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I never thought I'd say this but I'd take a defeat in the new years day derby, even a 3-0 would be a relief. I honestly fear they're going to take us apart:rolleyes:

I would bite their hand off if they offered me a 3-0 defeat right now.

I really fear it could be 5 or 6 next week, particularly if we go with the same back four as today.

Skacel and Templeton against Grounds and Hogg... :bitchy:

Sammy7nil
26-12-2010, 09:50 PM
What do you mean by this? As a club we are "too nice", psychologically weak? What exactly gives us a "soft underbelly"?

Yeah sorry maybe the wrong phrase.

Weare weak we have no drive or determination and accept defeat far too easily.
And I dont only mean this team I mean Hibs

Removed
26-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I would bite their hand off if they offered me a 3-0 defeat right now.

I really fear it could be 5 or 6 next week, particularly if we go with the same back four as today.

Skacel and Templeton against Grounds and Hogg... :bitchy:

I wasn't going to bother posting tonight but what a shocking attitude. Take a 3 nil defeat now!!!

What sort of Hibby are you and anyone else with the same attitude :grr:

The day I concede anything to that shower of ***** is the day I may as well pack it in.

Some of our support need to grow Some and man up. Proves it's not Just bottle merchants in the squad :bitchy:

Matty_Jack04
26-12-2010, 09:59 PM
there is no backbone to the team, look at teams like huns celtic yams dundee utd motherwell they all have players who more or less cannot be left out the squad, all have players who will roll there sleeves up and give that dig thats needed to win points, we dont have that, we have imo a bunch of mediocre big time charlies who are too willing to pass the buck when it comes to doing the donkey work. I'd love to be able to start screaming for some younger players to be given a shot as they cant b any worse but i fear it will ruin them being put in this team.

Im beggining to beleive the current squad is worse than duff jimmys and it terrifys the ***** outta me!

Cropley10
26-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I wasn't going to bother posting tonight but what a shocking attitude. Take a 3 nil defeat now!!!

The day I concede anything to that shower of ***** is the day I may as well pack it in.

Some of our support need to grow Some and man up. Proves it's not Just bottle merchants in the squad :bitchy:

Spot. On. :agree:

Sammy7nil
26-12-2010, 10:01 PM

Hearts have had several chances to avenge 7 - 0

4 - 0 at half time Hibs with 10 men ended 4 - 0
5 - 0 De Vrises Game
2 - 0 in 10 mins hit bar and post before Duff Jims team got a 2 - 2
Many more I also fear for this team they dont seem capable of uping their game Kyle will batter any of our CH's and Jumbo will really have them fired up. We just lost to a Sheep team with a record of last 7 games
Lost 7
Goals For 1
Goals against 29

I wonder what that has done for confidence ?

We are in DEEP SHHIITT
I would Snatch yer hand off for a draw and settle for the odd goal defeat Been there too many times when we get Horsed.

Matty_Jack04
26-12-2010, 10:05 PM

So people cant have a worry bout the game then??? U watching another team from the rest of us? If u cant see this current team is heading for a good old spanking in the near future then u may aswel pack it in! Everyone can see it and the worry is we'l get it next week so of course people are going to comment on it!

matty_f
26-12-2010, 10:14 PM

:agree:

Mixu took our reserves there with half the support feared of a doing, and we (along with some help from Casper) turned them over.

Would never accept a defeat against that lot ahead of a derby.

Removed
26-12-2010, 10:15 PM
So people cant have a worry bout the game then??? U watching another team from the rest of us? If u cant see this current team is heading for a good old spanking in the near future then u may aswel pack it in! Everyone can see it and the worry is we'l get it next week so of course people are going to comment on it!

:yawn:

Heard it all before. Were you at Ibrox? Was that not going to be a spanking as well?

Of course I am watching the same team but there is so much ***** posted on this board it's unbelievable.

I've no idea what will happen on the 1st, no one does, but I am going to support my team no matter who is wearing the shirt.

Bored with all this *****. See you all next year :bye:

Sammy7nil
26-12-2010, 10:24 PM

Heard it all before. Were you at Ibrox? Was that not going to be a spanking as well?

Of course I am watching the same team but there is so much ***** posted on this board it's unbelievable.

I've no idea what will happen on the 1st, no one does, but I am going to support my team no matter who is wearing the shirt.

yeah it really is 50 - 50
The Betting should be
6/4 Hearts
Hibs 6/4
Draw 9/4

:wink::wink::wink:

Let me know where I can get these odds and I know what I would be doing :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Matty_Jack04
26-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Aye so we'l carry on living on past glories what have we done since that game? Failed to build on a win at ibrox totaly out fought for the umptenth time today do u blame some of us for lacking in confidence? Im not saying ur wrong in your approach but some us cant just to put the past year or so's performances to one side and expect miracles. Happy new year and lets hope ur right.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2010, 10:43 PM

The "sort of Hibby" I am is someone who travels 30 odd miles every other week to Easter Road, come rain, hail or snow to support my team and I often travel to away games as well. When I am at the stadium, I don't shout abuse at anyone, unlike loads of people round about me.

I don't believe that there is any chance whatsoever of us getting anything at Tynecastle next week, other than a pasting. I am expecting a pretty big result next week, in favour of Hearts, so although I obviously wouldn't be happy with a 3-0 defeat, I believe that in reality, next week's score could be a hell of a lot worse than 3-0.

We have defenders who think it's appropriate to attempt keepie-uppies in their own half, we have midfielders who struggle to make short range passes or run with the ball at their feet and we have strikers who can't jump or run channels and we only have one player in our entire squad that we can realistically rely on to score goals.

Compare that with Hearts who have pace, power and a bit of craft about them in midfield and up front, not to mention the fact that they are 18 points ahead of us (possibly going to be 21 points by the time the derby comes), and I think it's understandable that I would be relieved by a 3-0 defeat right now.

Jeez, Hearts manage to beat us even when they're pish and we're sitting pretty at the top of the league, so when they're actually up there challenging the Old Firm and undefeated in 7 matches, I can only imagine what the outcome might be next Saturday. They beat us at a canter last month at Easter Road and we produced one of the most inept derby performances you are likely to see.

:agree:

Mixu took our reserves there with half the support feared of a doing, and we (along with some help from Casper) turned them over.

Would never accept a defeat against that lot ahead of a derby.

I remember that game and yes I did expect to lose that night but I would personally say that we are in a far worse state going into this derby, than we were prior to that one.

It was a post-split fixture and we only had pride to play for as we were out of the reckoning for Europe. In other words, the pressure was off.

This time we are going into this game just a few points off the bottom and a defeat could be disastrous to our season. I don't think we have a squad of players who are mentally or physically able to take on a challenge of that magnitude and I fear that the same will happen to this team as what has happened with so many Hibs teams before them and they will be beaten before they even leave the Tynecastle dressing room.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to witness a Hibs victory next Saturday and I will be roaring them on AS USUAL next week.

I just have my doubts, that's all.

monktonharp
26-12-2010, 11:17 PM
The team has often (if not always) lacked Fight, Grit, Determination, Guts and a real will to win. Even the Tornades got rolled over to heavy defeats by Celtic (Okay to a very Good team)

We are in a Relegation fight and if we dont Zemmama and few others back in the team VERY soon this season could be a nightmare.

Recent Games that Killed me and prove we are soft and gutless

Hibs 1 Dundee Utd 2 SC Semi (Hibs one up with 10 mins to play)
Hibs Dunfermline two semi SC games
Hibs Ross County
Hibs 0 Hearts 4 Semi
Ayr Utd semi
Morton at home CIS cup
Hamilton 4 - 0
St Johnstone 5 - 1
Aberdeen 2 -1 S sem Hibs in front
Livvy 2 - 0 cup final
Motherwell 6 - 6 Hibs were 4 up
ICT away last month

I will have to stop it is just depressing me.:agree:those are a fair collection of games that have riled me so much about my club! we should/could have won most of them but looking back, we never had the grit and determination to go to the next round or move up the league at any of those stages. most of the cup games you mention were deplorable performances from a club of our alledged standards , and I could mention a whole gang of players that let us down on the aforementioned occasions. the most notable offender that springs to mind being Hogg against Greenock Morton. can he no just go,and I mean now? we need guts,savvy,effort. not posing wannabe english premier stars