PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4

Austinho
18-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm looking for a bit of advice on getting an iPhone 4 contract.

Where is the cheapest place to go, somewhere like Carphone Warehouse / Phones 4U, or direct to the network ie. O2 or Orange? Or is there a good alternative?

I'm looking for roughly 600mins, 300 text, and a 1gb of internet.

Anyone got any deals/networks they would recommend? I'm open to any suggestions. Also, how flexible to negotiations are the deals?

Ta.

Removed
18-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Best bit of advice is.......don't

Austinho
18-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Best bit of advice is.......don'tI have my reasons for getting one, but thanks.

Since90+2
18-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Best bit of advice is.......don't

Why do you say that? I was considering getting one myself.

.Louise.
18-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Check Tesco Mobile, plus they do 12 month contracts.

Removed
18-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Why do you say that? I was considering getting one myself.

Just check out how many iPhone help threads are on this forum. More people are realising that there are better operating systems and better phones out there than the iPhone. As I have said elsewhere most iphone users will not admit this because they have been brainwashed into the apple hype. Where is the sheep smiley :greengrin

Over to greenlex or gramo :thumbsup:

Austinho
19-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Check Tesco Mobile, plus they do 12 month contracts.Thanks. I'm a little worried about the network coverage, and getting a reception in certain areas with Tesco mobile. I take it that its never been a problem for you?

I've never been on a contract before, why is a 12months one better than say an 18 or 24 month one?

TamHibs
19-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks. I'm a little worried about the network coverage, and getting a reception in certain areas with Tesco mobile. I take it that its never been a problem for you?

I've never been on a contract before, why is a 12months one better than say an 18 or 24 month one?

Because you can upgrade your phone after 12 months instead of 18 or 24 months

Ed De Gramo
19-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Just check out how many iPhone help threads are on this forum. More people are realising that there are better operating systems and better phones out there than the iPhone. As I have said elsewhere most iphone users will not admit this because they have been brainwashed into the apple hype. Where is the sheep smiley :greengrin

Have you being dreaming about some 65BD Phone exclusive to Tesco mobile? :greengrin

the OS on the iphone is one of the best around :thumbsup:

Betty Boop
19-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I have my reasons for getting one, but thanks.

My daughter got one for her sixteenth birthday, she absolutely loves it. She is never off the bloomin thing! :rolleyes:

.Louise.
19-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks. I'm a little worried about the network coverage, and getting a reception in certain areas with Tesco mobile. I take it that its never been a problem for you?

I'm not with Tesco Mobile but my friend is, Tesco use the o2 network though.

greenlex
20-12-2010, 08:20 AM

Is there something wrong with your Phone Billy? The text seems ti be stuck. You keep posting the same guff :cool2::greengrin

MountcastleHibs
20-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I may be wrong here, but you'll not find a difference in contract prices between different companies as Apple set a standard price for the iPhone, like they do with all of their products.

You will get differentiation in the price depending on length and usage etc, but that will still be a standard price wherever you go.

And I wouldn't even bother getting an iPhone 4. They're flawed in so many ways. I know someone who even went back to his 3GS. I'd get the 3GS if you really want one now, or wait until the iPhone 5 comes out next July, with the new 4g internet.

Judas Iscariot
20-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Is there something wrong with your Phone Billy? The text seems ti be stuck. You keep posting the same guff :)

:greengrin

CB_NO3
20-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Get the HTC Desire mate, its much better than the iPhone.

Removed
20-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Get the HTC Desire mate, its much better than the iPhone.

:faf: you're not allowed to say that

Hibs90
20-12-2010, 07:24 PM
I've had an iPhone since May and can honestly say I've not had a single problem with it yet.

Calvin
20-12-2010, 07:28 PM
My iPhone 4 is the best thing I've ever bought. There are other very good smartphones too, but for my demands the iPhone has the most answers. The App side of things is unrivalled.

Ed De Gramo
20-12-2010, 07:33 PM
or wait till this is released...

Playsation Phone (http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/the-playstation-phone/)

:notworthy::notworthy:

Wembley67
20-12-2010, 09:22 PM
My iPhone 4 is the best thing I've ever bought. There are other very good smartphones too, but for my demands the iPhone has the most answers. The App side of things is unrivalled.

What are your demands? The apps on smart phones are 99% gimmicks imho.