PDA

View Full Version : Hadouken! & Pendulum

Sylar
10-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Just back in from the AECC where I went along to see Pendulum, supported by Hadouken!

I'd heard some of Hadouken!'s stuff before going along and was not looking forward to them - they sound awful recorded, but were really good live! Nothing compared to Pendulum mind you - I wouldn't say I'm the biggest Pendulum fan on earth (I DO like them, but I haven't been a fan for all that long) but I have NEVER seen a band put on a live show quite like that tonight, or a band who can engage a crowd quite the way they can.

The sheer energy of the crowd in Aberdeen was outstanding, from start to finish.

My only complaint of the night was the sheer absence of clothes many of the 14-16 year old lassies were wandering around in - one girl actually had a pair of lace tights on top of her underwear, with a bra and nothing else - so many examples I'd rather not go into :bitchy:

Calvin
11-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Milky and myself were going to go tonight but unfortunately our tickets never came in the post.

I've seen Pendulum twice and after the second time felt that I'd seen it before. The gigs are really good in terms of crowd energy as you say, but once I'd seen them once I had no desire to go and see them again and again.

I was more interested in Hadouken. Liquid Lives and Mic Check especially are brilliant songs and I've never seen them live unfortunately.

Sylar
11-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Milky and myself were going to go tonight but unfortunately our tickets never came in the post.

I've seen Pendulum twice and after the second time felt that I'd seen it before. The gigs are really good in terms of crowd energy as you say, but once I'd seen them once I had no desire to go and see them again and again.

I was more interested in Hadouken. Liquid Lives and Mic Check especially are brilliant songs and I've never seen them live unfortunately.

That was my one criticism actually - even throughout the gig last night, I felt some of their stuff sounded so similar, that I got a little bit bored towards the end.

They also failed to play the one song I really wanted to hear them do live, so I was a bit disappointed with that to :boo hoo:

Hadouken! were really good actually - as I said, I'd listened to them before going last night and really wasn't looking forward to them, but they were every bit as impressive as Pendulum.

Frazerbob
13-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I had Hadouken play my club in Aberdeen last year. It was awful!!!!

Of all the gigs we had in the year I worked there it was the hardest to manage. Hundreds of out of control 14 year olds causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage to the toilets, sound & light equipment. I'd rather have the venue full of drunken casuals, punks and head bangers than angry teenagers!

As for the music......I may be getting on a bit but I do appreciate all types of music but they were diabolical!

Sylar
13-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I had Hadouken play my club in Aberdeen last year. It was awful!!!!

Of all the gigs we had in the year I worked there it was the hardest to manage. Hundreds of out of control 14 year olds causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage to the toilets, sound & light equipment. I'd rather have the venue full of drunken casuals, punks and head bangers than angry teenagers!

As for the music......I may be getting on a bit but I do appreciate all types of music but they were diabolical!

Just out of interest, why? I certainly don't claim to be a fan (I cannot listen to them recorded - the vocals are horrendous) but I thought musically, they were alright - not earth-shattering, but certainly not the worst band I've seen live.

I'm guessing this was a lot bigger a venue than your club though - I imagine they might just sound like a wall of unaccomplished noise in a small venue.

Frazerbob
13-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Just out of interest, why? I certainly don't claim to be a fan (I cannot listen to them recorded - the vocals are horrendous) but I thought musically, they were alright - not earth-shattering, but certainly not the worst band I've seen live.

I'm guessing this was a lot bigger a venue than your club though - I imagine they might just sound like a wall of unaccomplished noise in a small venue.

The venue was a 650 capacity with a low ceiling, great sound system and accoustics. It was sold out which usually made for even better sound. I just felt they were poor musically and, like you feel about their recorded sound, the vocals were awfull. Just not my bag I suppose but I we did host some bands I wouldn't have crossed the road to see but turned out to be very good.