PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Jon Daly

just_joe
05-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Just had a text from my mate saying we are interested in Dundee Utd's Jon Daly? its funny cause I heard a couple of guys in the bookies talk about it too lol i know it sounds very much like the greggs story lol is this just a rumour goin about or anyone know if theres any truth in it? I think hes a decent player and scores goals. If he was to sign im sure we would all be getting our hands up for him?:agree::thumbsup:

SteveHFC
05-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I would take him :agree:

Removed
05-12-2010, 01:23 AM
:faf: thought this was going to be about the big fat American golfer.

Not a rumour i've heard but that means hee haw. Anyway what's the script with his contract at Utd? Probably most would say yes I'd imagine.

james62
05-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Just had a text from my mate saying we are interested in Dundee Utd's Jon Daly? its funny cause I heard a couple of guys in the bookies talk about it too lol i know it sounds very much like the greggs story lol is this just a rumour goin about or anyone know if theres any truth in it? I think hes a decent player and scores goals. If he was to sign im sure we would all be getting our hands up for him?:agree::thumbsup:

I can't see Rod paying him more wages than what he's currently on but I'd love us to sign this guy, he's like Nish but he wins headers, isn't continuously getting caught offside and scores goals.

just_joe
05-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Lol I was wondering when Nish would be dragged into this thread.....:yawn:

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2010, 02:07 AM
lol

RickyS
05-12-2010, 02:14 AM
I can't see Rod paying him more wages than what he's currently on but I'd love us to sign this guy, he's like Nish but he wins headers, isn't continuously getting caught offside and scores goals.

would take him in an instant, then again I would take Brewster over Nish, but hey thats for another thread. Think his contract is up at the end of the season

hibee4life1983
05-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Take him

500miles
05-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Funnily enough, the Utd fans I know think he's a donkey.

Col2
05-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Yup they think he is very average and slow. I think they made him captain and by all accounts he is not captain material.

Kaiser1962
05-12-2010, 08:21 AM

Just text a United fan who reckons he would gladly take Nish in a straight swap and they would be quids in on the deal.

Opinions eh?

IWasThere2016
05-12-2010, 08:47 AM

Same here. The popular view is he's had his good season - last season - and has been found out/is a donkey. He was gash v us, and been sub since IIRC. No thanks.

hibsbollah
05-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Gomis and Swanson (when fit) in a double swoop, Aye.
John Daly, Naw.

FifeHibby
05-12-2010, 09:51 AM
But can he stay on his feet

Sioux
05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
If he can't get a regular game for them, why is he good enough for Hibs? The last thing we need is yet another no mark avergae Jo. If he's the level of our ambition we can pack it in.

MrSmith
05-12-2010, 12:08 PM
If he can't get a regular game for them, why is he good enough for Hibs? The last thing we need is yet another no mark avergae Jo. If he's the level of our ambition we can pack it in.

Would rather fix the defense and midfield before anything else happens! Thanks but no thanks.

RickyS
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM

In the games I have seen, Daly is a better target man, he holds the ball up better and stays on his feet. Here are the stats for both of them at their current clubs

Nish - from 2008 on 88app 22 goals

Daly - From 2007 on 73app 23 goals

also, I think he has spent something like 20 months out injured.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd have thought Trakys was worth a look at as a target man, before we start looking outwith the club, unless CC knows who he wants?

RickyS
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd have thought Trakys was worth a look at as a target man, before we start looking outwith the club, unless CC knows who he wants?

defo worth a try, he put in a great shift in his last game. chased defenders, won headers. When is his contract up? is it a January one?

erin go bragh
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
utd knocked back a bid of 1/2 a million from boro[but hey ,the pbs mob paid that for nade] if he is going for nowt id take him over nish

MrSmith
05-12-2010, 12:21 PM

That's what I think BP. However, to many managers/agents/coaches/scouts on this board telling CC who he should buy...Correct me if I'm wrong but, is it not mostly our recommendations that have cost the club of late???

Leave CC to be his own man and get in who he sees fit for his plans!!

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2010, 01:00 PM
utd knocked back a bid of 1/2 a million from boro[but hey ,the pbs mob paid that for nade] if he is going for nowt id take him over nish

Did they? I thought it was Conway that the £500k bid was rejected?

As for Daly, he isnt any better than Nish imo. A lot of my mates are United fans and supposedly he misses some pretty unbelievable chances near enough every week. He did have quite a good season last year but think hes been pretty stinking this season.

just_joe
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Well if the rumour is true then I for one will be putting my hands up for Jon Daly!:agree: Anyone joining me?:thumbsup:

jackhfc
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
:faf: thought this was going to be about the big fat American golfer.

Not a rumour i've heard but that means hee haw. Anyway what's the script with his contract at Utd? Probably most would say yes I'd imagine.

Same lol, imagine having him on the team :tee hee:

Removed
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Same lol, imagine having him on the team :tee hee:

Just like having Joe Harper :greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Jon Daly? No thanks.

I know a certain Dundee Utd full back fairly well and he is less than flattering in his assessment of Dalys' capabilities.

AgentDaleCooper
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
lol

lol

Jack
06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
That would be fantastic .... said my Dundee Utd colleague at work :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
06-12-2010, 06:41 PM
In a heartbeat.

snooky
06-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Naw, the team sheet would sound like a hooker's Business Plan.

.Sean.
06-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Lol, Jon Daly? He's pish lol.

I'd rather we signed his fat, alcoholic, golfing namesake :agree: