PDA

View Full Version : Tramadol nights.

Pete
04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I watched the repeat last night and thought it was funny as ****.

However, thinking about the subject matter it's pretty low. Nothing was spared and things like sexual abuse and mental illness were the topics that were the subject of ridicule.

You would have to watch the program to get where I'm coming from...but is it wrong to find this sort of thing funny regardless of the medium? Or is it about time someone started pushing the boundaries like this in these PC, health and safety orientated, doom and gloom times?

Like I said I found the program hilarious but there was a part of me that said that I shouldn't find this funny.This will definately polarise peoples opinions and once again they will try and find out where the line between madness and genius actually is.

Removed
04-12-2010, 11:46 PM
I've seen FB live and he was good but I found that program really disappointing tbh. Won't be rushing to watch the next episode.

If you want to push the boundries get a Jim Jefferies dvd. The Aussie comedian makes Frankie Boyle look tame in comparison. His fringe show 'alcoholocaust' should be out soon if not already. I can't ever see him on mainstream tv probably because he was pished doing his show and if it was edited you'd get about ten mins max from an hour and a half routine.

Don't see anything wrong myself. With FB you know what he is about so if you don't want to hear it don't watch.

matty_f
05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I thought tramidol nights was atrocious, to be honest. I'm normally a fan of frankie boyle, but side from the george michael sketch (which went on too long) it was really poor.
I'm not easily offended but I thought he was being offensive for the sake of it-there was little intelligence behind it. Imho, it was like a kid knowing they can't say a bad word, so they say it just to get the attention.
I was really disappointed in the show, I was expecting much, much better.

Leicester Fan
05-12-2010, 03:50 PM
The stand up bits were ok but the sketches were crap.

bod
05-12-2010, 04:05 PM
i thought the sketches were p1sh & the stand up bits the same as his new dvd

Barney McGrew
05-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I think that Frankie has now made a rod for his own back, and although people know he is very close to the bone, they now expect him to be shocking with his material. I've been to see him quite a few times live and he's been pretty good at interspersing the show with the shock stuff along with some very funny observational humour.

I got the impression the other night that he now feels he has to shock people all the time, and despite being a big fan of his I found myself thinking to myself half way through "why not just try and tell some jokes?"

Hopefully it's just the first show and it's better from now on.

marinello59
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Whether it was shocking or offensive pales in to insignificance when a comedy commits the sin of just not being funny. Tramadol nights was truly awful.

matty_f
05-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Whether it was shocking or offensive pales in to insignificance when a comedy commits the sin of just not being funny. Tramadol nights was truly awful.

:agree:

One Day Soon
06-12-2010, 09:05 PM

It really was. And at times in some of those sketches it just seemed completely deranged.

Geo_1875
06-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Frankie Boyle comes across as desperate to offend. I don't think he is a patch on Jimmy Carr who can be equally offensive without that air of desperation. His stand-up show on tv a couple of weeks ago was a master class in poor taste but brilliantly done.

Hank Schrader
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Frankie Boyle comes across as desperate to offend. I don't think he is a patch on Jimmy Carr who can be equally offensive without that air of desperation. His stand-up show on tv a couple of weeks ago was a master class in poor taste but brilliantly done.

Frankie Boyle used to write jokes for Jimmy Carr. Not sure if he still does.

Ritchie
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
i was gutted after watching it.... It was garbage!!

the sketches were gash.... the knight rider one was just silly and not funny and what the **** was that paper suit soap all about???

utterly disapointing! :bitchy:

i did enjoy the Morgana Show afterwards though! :agree:

RoslinInstHibby
09-12-2010, 02:46 PM
thought the 2nd show was funnier than the 1st:agree:

quite enjoying the morgana show too:agree: