Arsenal 1 up against Wigan

Sylar
30-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Manure 2-0 down away to West Ham

Arsenal 1 up against Wigan

:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
30-11-2010, 08:40 PM
The Man Utd haters on here will be pleased.

It's the reserve side that's playing anyway and now that they're top of the league, Fergie knows where his priorities lie.

H18sry
30-11-2010, 08:53 PM

It's the reserve side that's playing anyway and now that they're top of the league, Fergie knows where his priorities lie.

Thats bollocks and you know it is, 10 out of the 11 starters have all been capped at some level

.Sean.
30-11-2010, 08:56 PM

Too right :agree:

Man United are the similar as the Old Firm, in that their support is predominatly made up of non-local glory hunters who should be supporting their local professional outfit. **** 'em. Always nice to see them lose.

Sylar
30-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Barca's reserves would still be able to beat the team at the bottom of La Liga.

Therein lies the difference between good teams and great teams :stirrer::fishin:

H18sry
30-11-2010, 09:02 PM
:thumbsup:3-0

SteveHFC
30-11-2010, 09:04 PM
:thumbsup:3-0

H18sry
30-11-2010, 09:12 PM
:thumbsup:4-0

SteveHFC
30-11-2010, 09:13 PM

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Come on you Irons! that is all.

PaulSmith
30-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Did anyone else just see the electronic ad message at Upton Park, "God Bless Victor Dark Senior"
For those who don't know Victor Dark is a notorious gangster in London. Nothing wrong with it but hardly what you'd want advertised at your football club unless they were too scared to say no!

www.dougiethompson.com/vic-dark.htm

GB6
30-11-2010, 09:17 PM
:faf::smug:

we want 7:partyhibb

Sir David Gray
30-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Thats bollocks and you know it is, 10 out of the 11 starters have all been capped at some level

Yep, I'm not denying that. However 10 out of the team that started tonight did not start against Blackburn on Saturday.

No van der Sar
No Evra
No Ferdinand
No Vidic
No Nani
No Carrick
No Park
No Rooney
No Berbatov

The team that played tonight should still be looking to beat West Ham and for them to be losing 4-0 is disappointing but the point about it being Man Utd's second string still stands and is an undeniable fact.

jgl07
30-11-2010, 09:20 PM

I would have thought that it was United's best chance of a trophy!

It's hardly a full strength West Ham either.

I think that FC United of Manchester would have put up more resistance.

steviecarnie
30-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I would have thought that it was United's best chance of a trophy!

DRIVEL!

7 Draws and still top of the EPL suggests to me Uniteds best chance of a trophy is the league, first and foremost!! Fergie wants it badly to overtake liverpool - everything else is 2nd best at the moment.

Albion Hibs
30-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Whats more interesting is they went 4 nil down and not one Man U fan left the stand. Noticed the same when Fulham went 4 nil down to Man C, not one person left there stadium - just imagine that happened to Hibs!

Sir David Gray
30-11-2010, 09:40 PM
DRIVEL!

7 Draws and still top of the EPL suggests to me Uniteds best chance of a trophy is the league, first and foremost!! Fergie wants it badly to overtake liverpool - everything else is 2nd best at the moment.

:agree: Correct.

Unbeaten in the league for 8 months, currently two points clear at the top and safely through to the last 16 of the Champions League says to me that Fergie is totally clear about what is top of his list. He won't be happy about tonight but in the grand scheme of things, it's little more than a slight inconvenience.

Love the Green
30-11-2010, 09:47 PM
:agree: Correct.

Unbeaten in the league for 8 months, currently two points clear at the top and safely through to the last 16 of the Champions League says to me that Fergie is totally clear about what is top of his list. He won't be happy about tonight but in the grand scheme of things, it's little more than a slight inconvenience.

And what was "top of his list" last season the Carling Cup cause that was all arrogant *******s won.

"keep the faith"
City blues

Sir David Gray
30-11-2010, 09:52 PM
And what was "top of his list" last season the Carling Cup cause that was all arrogant *******s won.

"keep the faith"
City blues

Which was still a Carling Cup more than Man City managed to win last season. :wink:

What's your Sheikh's billions won you so far? :confused:

IWasThere2016
30-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Go Hammers - GIUY Fergie ya pwick! :greengrin

seanraff07
30-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Man.U had a result like that coming.. despite being unbeaten they've been quite poor this season IMO.

seanraff07
30-11-2010, 09:55 PM
And Man.U can piss off, as already stated their similar to the OF as far is their fanbase is concerned.. mon the Toon!

Love the Green
30-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Which was still a Carling Cup more than Man City managed to win last season. :wink:

What's your Sheikh's billions won you so far? :confused:

Time will tell Falkirk hibbie...time will tell....

8 months unbeaten in the league and not a championship trophy to show for such a record..and yet again this season they get the easiest start off all the contenders and still only 2 pts clear...tonite showed the very poor squad they have.

"keep the faith"
City blues :thumbsup:

Love the Green
30-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Atleast with the United game being in London it wont be too far for their fans to travel home..

"keep the faith"
City blues

Wotherspiniesta
30-11-2010, 10:05 PM
How are they similar to the Old Firm? Because they win titles?

Does that make Barcelona just like the Old Firm aswell then?

Nobody or nothing is like they two horrible clubs.

From a Man Utd perspecitve: Top of the league and Unbeaten in the league, yet to concede in the Champions League and a bye through to the 4th round of the FA cup was a pleasent surprise the other day :wink: Embarassing defeat for United nonetheless, Fergie ought to give one or two a massive boot up the backside for that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Danny the Hibee/ Hammer where are you? Happy days, hopefully take some confidence into the proper games now!

essexhibee
30-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Agree totally with Seans post. You get these man utd fans who have grown up in the south, have southern parents and have never been to Manchester yet they support united. How does that work? Their just as bad as the old firm in that respect but not half as bad in the bile the OF spout.

Dunbar Hibee
30-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Reserve side :faf: what a load of *****. IRONS

Dunbar Hibee
30-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Danny the Hibee/ Hammer where are you? Happy days, hopefully take some confidence into the proper games now!

Hutchy, I see you are a fellow Iron, who you hoping for in the semi's?

Hibbie_Cameron
01-12-2010, 12:47 AM
What did Taggart look like with that red hat on? It was the same colour as his coupon:faf:

I was shocked at that tonight though, West Ham have been the worst team i have seen in the EPL this season by some distance.

Dunbar Hibee
01-12-2010, 01:07 AM
What did Taggart look like with that red hat on? It was the same colour as his coupon:faf:

I was shocked at that tonight though, West Ham have been the worst team i have seen in the EPL this season by some distance.

Not tonight though. Irons! :)

Hibbie_Cameron
01-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Not tonight though. Irons! :)

I was glad, love it when the big teams get a beating:thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
01-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I was glad, love it when the big teams get a beating:thumbsup:

Defo mate, outplayed them as well, love it.:thumbsup:

Love the Green
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Here FH hear the weather is bad out your way so if you are at home dont miss sky sports 1 now and at 4pm today its last night's comedy playhouse featuring Taggart and the "easybeats".

"keep the faith":wink:

H18sry
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Here FH hear the weather is bad out your way so if you are at home dont miss sky sports 1 now and at 4pm today its last night's comedy playhouse featuring Taggra and the "easybeats".

:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I believe its a reference to West Ham 4-0 Man United in the carling cup.

H18sry
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I believe its a reference to West Ham 4-0 Man United in the carling cup.

Aye but who's Taggra, Taggert I could understand.

Love the Green
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Aye but who's Taggra, Taggert I could understand.

Check the post again ...

"keep the faith"

Sir David Gray
01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Reserve side :faf: what a load of *****. IRONS

Kuszczak, Smalling, Fabio, Evans, Obertan and Bebe all started last night, all of whom are reserve team players.

I said it previously and I will repeat again that the team that played last night should have been looking to beat a struggling West Ham side but let's not make things up by suggesting that it was a side that even came close to resembling the Man Utd first team.

H18sry
01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Check the post again ...

"keep the faith"

Aye better late than never :wink:

Sir David Gray
01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I'll keep that in mind after watching my Man Utd DVDs of the Champions League victories in 1999 and 2008 and the 11 Premiership title wins. :wink:

If I have time, I might even try and get my hands on the DVD on Manchester City's top 100 throw-ins. :greengrin

How many years now since a meaningful cup has turned up in the blue half of Manchester?

34? :dunno:

H18sry
01-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Kuszczak, Smalling, Fabio, Evans, Obertan and Bebe all started last night, all of whom are reserve team players.

I said it previously and I will repeat again that the team that played last night should have been looking to beat a struggling West Ham side but let's not make things up by suggesting that it was a side that even came close to resembling the Man Utd first team.
I think you will find they are all 1st team players :wink:

Love the Green
01-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I'll keep that in mind after watching my Man Utd DVDs of the Champions League victories in 1999 and 2008 and the 11 Premiership title wins. :wink:

If I have time, I might even try and get my hands on the DVD on Manchester City's top 100 throw-ins. :greengrin

How many years now since a meaningful cup has turned up in the blue half of Manchester?

34? :dunno:

Thanx for finally responding..finally decided to face the world after last nights SHOCKER:wink:
Sounds like a ****bo response 108 years..which is what I would expect from the type of people who "support* these teams. sA for 1999 bigger theft than the "great train robbery" absolute disgrace they were allowed to collect that trophy.....cant understand why hibs fans can support United as City are a mirror image of hibs..loyal local fans, roller coaster results, few trophies and HORRIBLE NEIGHBOURS. Mind you the trophies thing will change this season.

"keep the faith"

Judas Iscariot
01-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanx for finally responding..finally decided to face the world after last nights SHOCKER:wink:
Sounds like a ****bo response 108 years..which is what I would expect from the type of people who "support* these teams. sA for 1999 bigger theft than the "great train robbery" absolute disgrace they were allowed to collect that trophy.....cant understand why hibs fans can support United as City are a mirror image of hibs..loyal local fans, roller coaster results, few trophies and HORRIBLE NEIGHBOURS. Mind you the trophies thing will change this season.

"keep the faith"

:top marks

Sir David Gray
01-12-2010, 11:34 AM

"keep the faith"

Comparing Man Utd with Hearts is hardly comparing like with like. Man Utd are a genuinely big club, whereas Hearts just pretend to be one. Also Man Utd have actually won far more than their neighbours over the past 20 odd years. Hearts, on the other hand, haven't.

Also trying to make out that Man City are the club with the local fanbase and United are the ones with all the glory hunters from all over the place is slightly misleading. I'm quite sure that if you went to places like Oldham, Rochdale, Bury and Stockport, you would see just as many City tops going about as United ones.

Not sure you could describe them as glory hunters right enough, you usually have to win something every so often to attract glory hunters to your club. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM

Anyone except Arsenal!

HibeeSince85
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM

"keep the faith"

Try putting more effort into supporting Man City than slagging Man Utd, horrible thing jealousy you know, all I ever read from you on here lately is Man U this, Man U that.

So who are the type of people that support Man U then, I mean I'm a Hibee first and foremost but Man Utd are my English team, what kind of person does this make me.

I think you can earn the right to slate Man U for a carling cup defeat when City have done something of note, up untill now all I see is a club squandering megabucks and achieving nothing.

Oh and I like to think of Spurs as being most like Hibs in the EPL, there's another club thats ahead of City and not just in the league.

HibbyAndy
01-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Anyway.................The carling cups Arsenal's :cool2:

:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
:faf:

Can you believe this FH? Man United's first defeat of the season and you're getting an entire thread dedicated to you for supporting them. Minor slip up love the green(skyblue) :wink:

MANCHESTER UNITED > manchester city

Love the Green
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Try putting more effort into supporting Man City than slagging Man Utd, horrible thing jealousy you know, all I ever read from you on here lately is Man U this, Man U that.

So who are the type of people that support Man U then, I mean I'm a Hibee first and foremost but Man Utd are my English team, what kind of person does this make me.

I think you can earn the right to slate Man U for a carling cup defeat when City have done something of note, up untill now all I see is a club squandering megabucks and achieving nothing.

Oh and I like to think of Spurs as being most like Hibs in the EPL, there's another club thats ahead of City and not just in the league.

Not even the league last time I looked City were above them..
Regarding not earned the right what a load of bollocks..

So hearts lose in the cup to Elgin and we as hibs fans cannot gloat cause they are better than us and have won more SC's than us, behave..part of being a football supporter is slagging off our nearest rivals when they have a SHOCKER.....As 2 mentioning City...cant remember last time I created a thread on City in fact I HAVE NEVER SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Love the Green
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Can you believe this FH? Man United's first defeat of the season and you're getting an entire thread dedicated to you for supporting them. Minor slip up love the green(skyblue) :wink:

Wont be there last........

CITY££££££££££££££ united debt debt debt

"keep the faith"

Dunbar Hibee
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Anyone except Arsenal!

:greengrin

I think we could take Arsenal in the final, but wouldn't like to play them Home and Away.

Dunbar Hibee
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Both horrible clubs imo. Don't like City for buying their way to the league. Thing is, they still won't win **** all:greengrin

HibeeSince85
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Not even the league last time I looked City were above them..
Regarding not earned the right what a load of bollocks..

So hearts lose in the cup to Elgin and we as hibs fans cannot gloat cause they are better than us and have won more SC's than us, behave..part of being a football supporter is slagging off our nearest rivals when they have a SHOCKER.....As 2 mentioning City...cant remember last time I created a thread on City in fact I HAVE NEVER SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Never said you created a thread on them so i'll let you get your facts on that one correct, I said you never stop bringing up Man Utd lately:wink:

Hearts getting beat off Elgin who are in the lowest division in Scotland and Man Utd getting beat off West Ham who are in the top division in England, the gulf isnt even the same, have a laugh about it if you want but your delusional if you think City will ever be the size of club that Man Utd are, just won't happen.

Wait untill the end of the season though, Spurs will be above Man City in the Premiership.

Hainan Hibs
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
The thing that gets me in this whole issue is there are Hibs fans who throw the toys out the pram about teams they hardly see in another country. It's sad as ****.

Pretty Boy
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Here FH hear the weather is bad out your way so if you are at home dont miss sky sports 1 now and at 4pm today its last night's comedy playhouse featuring Taggart and the "easybeats".

Perhaps you could tell us all exactly who Manchester City are playing in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup? They must be doing well in the competition surely.

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2010, 02:08 PM
The thing that gets me in this whole issue is there are Hibs fans who throw the toys out the pram about teams they hardly see in another country. It's sad as ****.

I rather agree. Within a few generations there will probably be no Hibs or Scottish football (while the former fills me with dread the latter has increasing appeal) just morbidly obese couch potatos in replica strips enthusing over the images of the Chelsea or Barca players on the high-def plasmas in front of them.

RIP
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Anyone know how Watsonian's got on at the weekend? :yawn:

Big Frank
01-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Agreed.

mon the cabbage

Sir David Gray
01-12-2010, 02:13 PM

I know mate, it's actually a shame to be honest.

Deep down, the City fans know that they'll never be on a par with United but the investment that they've had in the past couple of years from their Arab sugar daddy has given them a bit of false hope. What they don't realise is that their players are only at Eastlands because of the money that they're getting, whereas the United players actually want to be at Old Trafford because they know that they are playing for the biggest football club on the planet.

When City get a player who chooses to be with them for their entire 20+ years career, a la Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville, and is central to their success then they might have a claim on being as big as United. The likes of Adebayor, Tevez, Lescott and Barry are nothing more than money grabbers.

City can only dream of having one defeat in 8 months. Although perhaps they might have managed it the season they were in the Championship about eight years ago. :wink:

Iggy Pope
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Simple question - do any of those 6 'reserve' players (none of which appear to be debutants) have Carling Cup winners medals? I reckon at least two of them have.

hibbie02
01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
HMMM! Been following West Ham for years (as the EPL version of Hibs), but have a soft (Marinello) spot for Arsenal. Ex was a Hammer and current is a Gooner. Hope they meet in the final and I can get pissed either way!!! :cool2:

hibs0666
02-12-2010, 12:06 AM
I know mate, it's actually a shame to be honest.

Deep down, the City fans know that they'll never be on a par with United but the investment that they've had in the past couple of years from their Arab sugar daddy has given them a bit of false hope. What they don't realise is that their players are only at Eastlands because of the money that they're getting, whereas the United players actually want to be at Old Trafford because they know that they are playing for the biggest football club on the planet.

When City get a player who chooses to be with them for their entire 20+ years career, a la Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville, and is central to their success then they might have a claim on being as big as United. The likes of Adebayor, Tevez, Lescott and Barry are nothing more than money grabbers.

City can only dream of having one defeat in 8 months. Although perhaps they might have managed it the season they were in the Championship about eight years ago. :wink:

Supporting Manchester United is the same as supporting Rangers or Celtc. If you need a gory fix then you can get it 30 miles along the road as opposed to heading to Manchester. I don't see the excitement to be honest.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Supporting Manchester United is the same as supporting Rangers or Celtc. If you need a gory fix then you can get it 30 miles along the road as opposed to heading to Manchester. I don't see the excitement to be honest.

Why would I support Rangers or Celtic? I absolute hate them with a passion and not because they have gloryhunting fans. I hate what both clubs stand for and even those people who hate Man Utd with a passion cannot possibly say that Man Utd have the same filth and poison spewing out of their fans' mouths at every game as Rangers and Celtic.

I am a Hibs fan and always will be. Man Utd is a team that I like and I look out for their results and like to see them win games and titles, but I only support one team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 12:36 AM

Any idea if its an Hammers v Arsenal Final & Arsenal get a Champs League place then its Euro League for W Ham?

Dunbar Hibee
02-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Any idea if its an Hammers v Arsenal Final & Arsenal get a Champs League place then its Euro League for W Ham?

I think so mate. That's what has been said on the forum Knees Up Mother Brown.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Fingers crossed then!

7Hero
02-12-2010, 08:52 AM
how anybody can "support" an english team when they are not from england is beyond me. Its just to close to home for me, can only support 1 team on these islands im afraid...

"my english team is man united" its glory hunting far as im concerned, why not pick a crap team ???

I assume you have a spanish team (i bagsy Barcelona btw), a german team, an italian team :greengrin etc. etc. etc.

Dunbar Hibee
02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
how anybody can "support" an english team when they are not from england is beyond me. Its just to close to home for me, can only support 1 team on these islands im afraid...

"my english team is man united" its glory hunting far as im concerned, why not pick a crap team ???

I assume you have a spanish team (i bagsy Barcelona btw), a german team, an italian team :greengrin etc. etc. etc.

I follow West Ham because my dad is English from that area and is a big fan. People have their reasons you know!

HibbyAndy
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I think so mate. That's what has been said on the forum Knees Up Mother Brown.

Fingers crossed then!

West ham would get a european place if Arsenal grab a champions lg place..So get your Arsenal scarfs out for the rest of the season :greengrin

hibbytam
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM

They did, west ham. Usually...

Apparently hibs aren't punishing enough.

Wotherspiniesta
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Why would I support Rangers or Celtic? I absolute hate them with a passion and not because they have gloryhunting fans. I hate what both clubs stand for and even those people who hate Man Utd with a passion cannot possibly say that Man Utd have the same filth and poison spewing out of their fans' mouths at every game as Rangers and Celtic.

I am a Hibs fan and always will be. Man Utd is a team that I like and I look out for their results and like to see them win games and titles, but I only support one team.

Well said, and FWIW I feel exactly the same. Man United get beat and I'm over it within an hour or so. Hibs' defeats hurt until our next game.