PDA

View Full Version : Snow....

HibeeMcGinn1
28-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Mental. Wonder how much more it will take for the buses to be cancelled tomorrow morning.

Calvin
28-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Just had to drive back from the Corn Exchange, had to dig the car out and was only parked for 3 hours! Both the A720 and A1 are in absolutely shocking condition which is a total disgrace as far as I'm concerned, the folk going to work early tomorrow are in for a shock!

I had planned to drive home to Aberdeen tonight or tomorrow but that's nowhere near on the cards, gonna have to get the train home now - if they're running!

seanraff07
28-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I went to the Newcastle game today and me and my Dad had to drive to Waverley at 8am and i was genuinely scared going there, no gritters or anything.. especially near Livi area it was like a bloody ice rink!

My train there was stopped for 20 mins on the way and my train home was delayed by 30 mins.. weird how some snow just brings the whole place to a stand still!

Betty Boop
29-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Just turned back, I was on my road to work, but the top of Easter Road is carnage. The roads are treacherous, mind how you go guys !

Barney McGrew
29-11-2010, 07:08 AM
All Edinburgh and the Lothians schools are closed today.

Some trains must still be on - the Edinburgh to Bathgate line runs past my back garden, and a train has just passed us heading into Edinburgh.

Calvin
29-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Some trains must still be on - the Edinburgh to Bathgate line runs past my back garden, and a train has just passed us heading into Edinburgh.
The North Berwick line is running sporadically - stood freezing on the platform for 40 minutes which made me late for my train back to Aberdeen which was an advance ticket so couldn't be changed and I'm not paying same day fares! Trudged home through the snow, just gonna take an extra few days here!

seanraff07
29-11-2010, 05:56 PM
All Edinburgh and the Lothians schools are closed today.

All closed again tomorrow, was on Forth 1 a few hours ago.

BigKev
29-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Get yourself into the snow thread in the holy ground... It's far better than this humdrum affair :greengrin