PDA

View Full Version : The Skatalites

Phil D. Rolls
27-11-2010, 01:00 PM
It's not often (OK once a year) that the residents of our cold Northerly city have the chance to be transported to Kingston JA. Reggae legends the Skatalites will be playing at the Picture House tonight.

If you get a chance, get yerselves up there, these men and their predecessors are the very heart of reggae, having worked with everyone who is anyone including Marley, Perry, and Toots Hibbert.

CB_NO3
27-11-2010, 02:24 PM
It's not often (OK once a year) that the residents of our cold Northerly city have the chance to be transported to Kingston JA. Reggae legends the Skatalites will be playing at the Picture House tonight.

If you get a chance, get yerselves up there, these men and their predecessors are the very heart of reggae, having worked with everyone who is anyone including Marley, Perry, and Toots Hibbert.

Make sure you see Bombskare who are supporting them. Class Edinburgh ska band.

Phil D. Rolls
27-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Make sure you see Bombskare who are supporting them. Class Edinburgh ska band.

Fully intend to mate. Although, knowing Bombskare, they'll probably claim the Skatalites are supporting them. :greengrin

offshorehibby
27-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Well peeve off about missing this, enjoy it

Calvin
28-11-2010, 12:51 AM
How was the gig tonight then?

Tonight we were spoiled for gigs across the central belt: Madness, Biffy Clyro, Bombskare and Interpol. I opted for the latter which was fantastic but could have happily gone to any of them!

Phil D. Rolls
28-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I have to say the Skatalites are one of the best bands I have seen. It was a priviledge to hear them. I wondered how anyone could follow Bombskare, but when you are the original, you are also the best.

Thank you for inventing reggae, Skatalites.:thumbsup: