PDA

View Full Version : HTC Disire HD

HH81
23-11-2010, 06:15 AM
My contrct is up in a few weeks so thinking of getting this, anyone got one?

Are they easy to use etc.....

Wembley67
23-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Yup got one and its the dogs danglies. Poor battery life as all the new phones, defo have a charger at work and in the house.

Any questions you have give me a shout.

Toaods
23-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Yup,as above.

HibeeSince85
23-11-2010, 11:46 AM
HTC's are up there with Apple and Blackberry now with regard to their operating systems, really good phones, Samsung Galaxy is better though:wink::greengrin

Antifa Hibs
23-11-2010, 11:47 AM
HTC Desire beats the pishy iPhone hands down.

For 1, it has flash. 2, an 8mp camera. 3, larger screen. Should I go on :cool2:

offshorehibby
23-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Yup got one and its the dogs danglies. Poor battery life as all the new phones, defo have a charger at work and in the house.

Any questions you have give me a shout.

I tried this ages ago with Desire and it dose seem to extend the battery life. Don't know if it works with Desire HD.

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more
2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour
3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

stu in nottingham
23-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Quite interested in acquiring a Desire HD. Looking up a few deals and the best one I've found so far for my purposes offers 500MB Internet data allowance a month.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/basket.aspx?removeoc=2425RADHD0

Anyone got a clue as to how that might translate to regular usage for browsing webpages and accessing emails? I don't watch movies nor would I listen to online music generally speaking.

The Terms and Conditions state as below than when surpassing the 500MB per month allowance access is charged at £1 per day for the month thereafter. Would anyone know if this mean £1 on he days you actually use the Internet or would it be a flat charge of £1 for every remaining day of the month whether the Internet is used or not?

Thanks if anyone can shed any light.

--

'With this great deal you will also be entitled to an allowance of 500MB Mobile Internet! Access the internet on the move to get Facebook updates, check travel, weather and all your favourite sites.

Subject to a fair usage policy of 500MB data allowance per month and is for UK use only. On exceeding this allowance, you will be defaulted to the standard £1 per day charge for the rest of the billing month. £1 per day gives you 15MB data allowance per day. Upon using up this daily allowance, the standard charge for data access will apply (£2 per MB). Any unused monthly allowance cannot be rolled over to the next month.'

Wembley67
23-11-2010, 03:17 PM
don't quite understand how that would work but ill give it a shot....

I tried this ages ago with Desire and it dose seem to extend the battery life. Don't know if it works with Desire HD.

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more
2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour
3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

Wembley67
23-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Stu,

I use mine constantly and have just had my first bill and I only have used 160mbps of data. Only use it for emails and general browsing on the move like yourself.

If I'm looking to watch things on youtube etc i'll use the wireless connections wherever I am at the time - if available.

Again I cannot fault it (apart from the battery(. The screen size is fantastic and the whole browser is so smooth. A few iPhone users have tried it and they all say its far superior.

stu in nottingham
23-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Stu,

I use mine constantly and have just had my first bill and I only have used 160mbps of data. Only use it for emails and general browsing on the move like yourself.

If I'm looking to watch things on youtube etc i'll use the wireless connections wherever I am at the time - if available.

Again I cannot fault it (apart from the battery(. The screen size is fantastic and the whole browser is so smooth. A few iPhone users have tried it and they all say its far superior.

Thanks mate, that's a real help. Sounds a very encouraging review too. I tend to be able to obtain a wireless connection around the uni campus where I work so together with what you say, that limitation is not going to be an issue for me.

Can't wait to get my hands on one! I've not managed to clap eyes on a Desire HD in the flesh in a store yet though.

Cheers, bud.

HH81
24-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Cheers guys,

Disire HD it is, I might need a bit of help with it as I'm usually useless with phones. Think I might just get it next week as can't wait any longer as my current phone is useless.

John

offshorehibby
24-11-2010, 09:24 AM
don't quite understand how that would work but ill give it a shot....

I've tried it and it dose kick the battery into lengthening it's life.

Wembley67
24-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I've tried it and it dose kick the battery into lengthening it's life.

Good show :cool2:

green&left
24-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Quite interested in acquiring a Desire HD. Looking up a few deals and the best one I've found so far for my purposes offers 500MB Internet data allowance a month.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/basket.aspx?removeoc=2425RADHD0

Anyone got a clue as to how that might translate to regular usage for browsing webpages and accessing emails? I don't watch movies nor would I listen to online music generally speaking.

The Terms and Conditions state as below than when surpassing the 500MB per month allowance access is charged at £1 per day for the month thereafter. Would anyone know if this mean £1 on he days you actually use the Internet or would it be a flat charge of £1 for every remaining day of the month whether the Internet is used or not?

Thanks if anyone can shed any light.

--

'With this great deal you will also be entitled to an allowance of 500MB Mobile Internet! Access the internet on the move to get Facebook updates, check travel, weather and all your favourite sites.

Subject to a fair usage policy of 500MB data allowance per month and is for UK use only. On exceeding this allowance, you will be defaulted to the standard £1 per day charge for the rest of the billing month. £1 per day gives you 15MB data allowance per day. Upon using up this daily allowance, the standard charge for data access will apply (£2 per MB). Any unused monthly allowance cannot be rolled over to the next month.'

I'm getting 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £30 per month with T-Mobile. (18 month contract), only thing is t-mobile's stock seems very limited.

3 are also offering some very good deals with 1GB internet for £30/£35 per month.

Might be checking these companies out direct, you can also haggle for some extra texts, internet and what have ye :wink:

My cousin has the HTC Desire HD and it is the bollocks!

woodythehibee
24-11-2010, 02:37 PM
im swithering between this phone, the galaxy and iphone.

How would you compare the Android system to the Iphone?

stu in nottingham
24-11-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm getting 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £30 per month with T-Mobile. (18 month contract), only thing is t-mobile's stock seems very limited.

3 are also offering some very good deals with 1GB internet for £30/£35 per month.

Might be checking these companies out direct, you can also haggle for some extra texts, internet and what have ye :wink:

My cousin has the HTC Desire HD and it is the bollocks!

Cheers, Scott. That looks a good deal alright. I don't make many calls though so it's primarily for texting and Internet use. I reckon I can pin it at £25 max for that.

Agree, got my hands on one yesterday, first class!

Wembley67
24-11-2010, 03:24 PM
im swithering between this phone, the galaxy and iphone.

How would you compare the Android system to the Iphone?

I can only compare to what friends have said and they all say the browser is so much smoother. Also with Android you can use flash so pretty much all online webpage content is viewable...the iPhone has much more apps but personally I dont really use them. The ones I do use via the Android market seem good enough for me.

MountcastleHibs
24-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm amazed there's been no one on here caning the HTC. My mate has one and absolutely hates it. Says that it's not as good when compared to an iPhone. Guess it's people's preferences though.

The Samsung Galaxy S is the only phone that would stop me from getting an iPhone, I have only heard good things about that.

woodythehibee
24-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm amazed there's been no one on here caning the HTC. My mate has one and absolutely hates it. Says that it's not as good when compared to an iPhone. Guess it's people's preferences though.

The Samsung Galaxy S is the only phone that would stop me from getting an iPhone, I have only heard good things about that.

What does he hate about the HTC Backe?

woodythehibee
24-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I can only compare to what friends have said and they all say the browser is so much smoother. Also with Android you can use flash so pretty much all online webpage content is viewable...the iPhone has much more apps but personally I dont really use them. The ones I do use via the Android market seem good enough for me.

:aok:

Removed
24-11-2010, 06:07 PM

I've tried both and can't see any reason why I would want an iphone rather than my HTC.

CB_NO3
24-11-2010, 11:14 PM
The HTC Desire just won the top award for phones, it got voted the best phone ever and now the HD version is out. HTC are the best phones on the market, so smooth to use. Android is decent but could really do with better applications but it is getting there. For what it is worth Android are now outselling the iPhone in the US and A. I think people are seeing the light, the iPhone is pretty over rated and the only people that love it are the gullible people that believe adverts and so on.

Removed
25-11-2010, 12:56 AM
The HTC Desire just won the top award for phones, it got voted the best phone ever and now the HD version is out. HTC are the best phones on the market, so smooth to use. Android is decent but could really do with better applications but it is getting there. For what it is worth Android are now outselling the iPhone in the US and A. I think people are seeing the light, the iPhone is pretty over rated and the only people that love it are the gullible people that believe adverts and so on.

Doesn't surprise me but the iphone users will never say it in public. They've been suckered into the apple marketing machine and will continue to try and justify it. Very yammish behaviour imo :wink:

Mon gramo, what do you think? :greengrin

greenlex
25-11-2010, 01:12 AM

Pish. The only thing the I phone lacks is not being able to use flash. It's high time
adobe and apple settle their differences but I just can't see it happening.

Removed
25-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Pish. The only thing the I phone lacks is not being able to use flash. It's high time
adobe and apple settle their differences but I just can't see it happening.

:faf: see what I mean folks. DENIAL

greenlex
25-11-2010, 03:04 AM
:faf: see what I mean folks. DENIAL

What's to deny Billy? It does everything I need it to except play adobe flash media.

marinello59
25-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Stuff getting involved in this one, think I'll just head to the flag debate thread.

Removed
25-11-2010, 08:02 AM
What's to deny Billy? It does everything I need it to except play adobe flash media.

Your response of 'pish' to the statement about htc winning an award and currently outselling the iPhone. Fairly typical response from just about everyone I know that has an one. They can't comprehend that any part of it can be inferior.

For me the fact that it doesn't play flash was a fairly fundamental reason not to get one.

HH81
25-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Your response of 'pish' to the statement about htc winning an award and currently outselling the iPhone. Fairly typical response from just about everyone I know that has an one. They can't comprehend that any part of it can be inferior.

For me the fact that it doesn't play flash was a fairly fundamental reason not to get one.

:greengrin I know where your coming from with that, I almost got an I-Phone as my GF nearly talked me into it but heard so many great things about the HTC. There is a guy that sits behind me and if I mention the I-phone to wind him up he almost cry's :boo hoo:. I tell him its poor..... you should see his face :dummytit:

fordie2
25-11-2010, 11:38 AM

I'd say the comment 'pish' was more to do with being gullible and following the apple marketing machine.

Of course Android will be outselling Apple, we are talking about a multi platform operating system over a single company OS.

I won't deny the HTC is a great phone and may be better than my iPhone4 but it's an ugly beast of a phone. I'll stick with my iPhone4 thanks!

Wembley67
25-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd say the comment 'pish' was more to do with being gullible and following the apple marketing machine.

Of course Android will be outselling Apple, we are talking about a multi platform operating system over a single company OS.

I won't deny the HTC is a great phone and may be better than my iPhone4 but it's an ugly beast of a phone. I'll stick with my iPhone4 thanks!

An ugly phone??? The Desire HD is a thing of beauty wheras yours is clearly a slut :greengrin

fordie2
25-11-2010, 02:01 PM
An ugly phone??? The Desire HD is a thing of beauty wheras yours is clearly a slut :greengrin

It's a Half Niddrie!:wink:

greenlex
25-11-2010, 03:56 PM

The comment "pish" was aimed at being gullible more than what phone us better. I am quite happy with my choice even without flash thank you.
I bad a small quite insignificant problem with an early phone which I briuht up at the apple shop who immediately and without hesitation changed it on the spot. No questions asked either. I doubt I would get such service elsewhere. So it's apple and I-phone for me. It dies everything it said it would do and is adequate for my needs even if there are "better" phones out there.

HH81
02-12-2010, 08:42 AM
My phone is on its way today....snow permitting :greengrin

So how long's first charge before I can have a play :thumbsup:

Removed
02-12-2010, 09:01 AM
The comment "pish" was aimed at being gullible more than what phone us better. I am quite happy with my choice even without flash thank you.
I bad a small quite insignificant problem with an early phone which I briuht up at the apple shop who immediately and without hesitation changed it on the spot. No questions asked either. I doubt I would get such service elsewhere. So it's apple and I-phone for me. It dies everything it said it would do and is adequate for my needs even if there are "better" phones out there.

Take it there is no spell checker :wink:

Seriously though, that post just demonstrates why I didn't get one. I was blown away when I first tried one in the apple shop in Glasgow but the size of the keys for entering text was hopeless for me and I just couldn't get the right letter without texts taking ages and giving it :grr: That and the price.