PDA

View Full Version : Keep miller or not?

cam75
18-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Just read bbc and Liam miller says he would be happy to stay,im for a LM that want to stay and play to his best week in week out,if not then wages could be used for the better of the team:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
18-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I'll throw this one into the melting pot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9206238.stm

I wouldn't be too fussed if he does go. He promises plenty but doesn't come up with the goods often enough.

Jack
18-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Should be an integral part of the team. He is a class player.

I hope that CC will be able to get the best, or at least better, from him and the rest of the midfield.

When he’s enjoying Hibs and his football it’s a joy to behold – see match day won :wink: - Motherwell away :greengrin.

marinello59
18-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Why would we want to get rid of one the genuine class acts in the side? Get him signed up.

cam75
18-11-2010, 02:44 PM
My Bro met Stokes in Edinburgh after he went along M9 and he said LM wanted away,do you think his change of heart is the new managment?:hnet:

Sir David Gray
18-11-2010, 02:45 PM
He has blown hot and cold throughout his time with us but he is someone that is capable of putting in big performances and if he is interested in renewing his contract with us, I would be happy to see him stay.

Out of the players who are out of contract in the summer, there's only about four or five that I would want to see stay beyond this season. Liam Miller is one of them.

Houchy
18-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Just read bbc and Liam miller says he would be happy to stay,im for a LM that want to stay and play to his best week in week out,if not then wages could be used for the better of the team:thumbsup:

I'd keep him as I think that he has the wrong type of player round him at the moment and feel he has started playing better the last 2 games.

jackhfc
18-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Keep miller

ancienthibby
18-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd keep him as I think that he has the wrong type of player round him at the moment and feel he has started playing better the last 2 games.

New managers often give 'stal'e players a new lease of life. Looks like that's what CC has achieved in just a few weeks.

Keep him - and well done, CC:thumbsup:

MB62
18-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll throw this one into the melting pot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9206238.stm

I think Liam has had too many pints of Guinness if he thinks he is good enough for the Premiership. The man still has a fair bit to prove he's good enough for the SPL, playing well for one game every 2 or 3 does not make a Premiership player.

I would certainly give him another chance with us but if he is hoping to move on to bigger and better things then he has to start producing the good on a more consistant basis.

Maybe the return of Ian Murray will help him.

Hibee Daz
18-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I think Liam has had too many pints of Guinness if he thinks he is good enough for the Premiership. The man still has a fair bit to prove he's good enough for the SPL, playing well for one game every 2 or 3 does not make a Premiership player.

I would certainly give him another chance with us but if he is hoping to move on to bigger and better things then he has to start producing the good on a more consistant basis.

Your right on the money bud, the boy will never play in the premiership again IMHO and he should just concentrate on becoming more consistent for us in the SPL!

Brooster
18-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Class act, he showed at Ibrox last week how good he can be. I think we now have a manager who can get the best out of him. Keep him.

M11BMO
18-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Class Act when used correctly. Signed up!

Ozyhibby
18-11-2010, 03:19 PM

:top marks:agree:

cam75
18-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Brooster

Class act, he showed at Ibrox last week how good he can be. I think we now have a manager who can get the best out of him. Keep him.

I no a few gers fans that want him at Ibrox:grr::grr::grr:

Andy74
18-11-2010, 03:23 PM
A bit like Boozy was he's taken for granted and if he isn't doing something brilliant then we don't think he's doing anyhting. He's a class act and we should be looking to keep him.

Golden Bear
18-11-2010, 03:26 PM
He's our version of Barry the Crab. But there again that's all to do with the quality of players round about him.

:rolleyes:

Hibee Daz
18-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Brooster

I know a few gers fans that want him at Ibrox:grr::grr::grr:

He would never be allowed to set foot in his homeland ever again if he joined the hunnery and I doubt it very much that he would entertain them anyway regardless of the money on offer!

lyonhibs
18-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Why would we want to get rid of one the genuine class acts in the side? Get him signed up.

:agree: :agree:

He can be mighty frustrating, but he's also capable of running a midfield like no-one else we have can.

Keep him, as long as his wage demands aren't cheeky.

Cropley10
18-11-2010, 04:02 PM
A bit like Boozy was he's taken for granted and if he isn't doing something brilliant then we don't think he's doing anyhting. He's a class act and we should be looking to keep him.

Very good point Andy.

The bigger question is can CC get more out of LM than Yogi did...

I reckon he can and he will - and for that reason - we should, of course, re-sign him.

I've accused him of having the heart of a mouse in the past, harsh perhaps - but with Ian Murray playing the Captain's role along side him this can be out-weighted by everything else he has to offer.

erin go bragh
18-11-2010, 04:14 PM
if this question was asked after the derby shambles it would have been bin him but if he can keep putting in the performance he has in the hun , well games its 100% get him signed up pronto before the vulctures start showing an interest.
GGTTH

Houchy
18-11-2010, 04:26 PM
My Bro met Stokes in Edinburgh after he went along M9 and he said LM wanted away,do you think his change of heart is the new managment?:hnet:

Has he had a medical at Dunfermline now too?:wink:

keep the faith
18-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Course we should keep him and get better players around him.

would rather it was sorted now though than wait til he can talk to others in Jan.

Rasta_Hibs
18-11-2010, 04:42 PM
:thumbsup:I think we should be re-signing him as when on his game he is a joy to watch and very effective.

An on form Miller and Zemmama would be amazing to watch! :agree:

--------
18-11-2010, 04:49 PM

Yes, I think it probably is.

And yes, I think if he's willing to sign an extension we'd be mad not to take him up on it. He's a class act, and if CC can get the best out of him - and I see no reason why he shouldn't - he could be a huge asset to us in the seasons to come.

Brown, Bamba, Dickoh, Murray, Miller, Riordan, Wotherspoon, Hart, Hanlon and IMO De Graaf would make an excellent core to the squad for the next three/four years. There are a few others I'd keep too, but those'll do for starters.

woody47
18-11-2010, 04:53 PM
As long as he keeps the nights out with the boys to AFTER the game, and starts to put in a performance more than his 2 in 30 games this year so far I would like to see him re-sign.

matty_f
18-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Get him signed.:agree:

stubru59
18-11-2010, 05:48 PM
On his day - which are few and far between - he'd be the first on the team sheet.

However, not convinced the outlay would justify the (infrequent) end product.

IWasThere2016
18-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Keep - and play alongside Nid :agree:

Aldo
18-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Keep - and play alongside Nid :agree:

:agree:

Spot on TQM. If he wants to stay get him signed up. Excellent player IMHO. Needs the likes of Nid so he can get forward a lot more.

007 Mickey Weir
18-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Keep him. Then get Gomez signed up from the Arabs to play with him.

3pm
18-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd bin him. Doesn't do anywhere near enough for the ability he has.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2010, 07:15 PM
If we keep him, then we need to be prepared to build the team around him. He is chicken-hearted and backs out of 70-30 tackles never mind 50-50 tackles. So let's not ask him to do that in the first place. Also, if we can't set up the midfield to suit Miller, then FFS be prepared to drop him, rather then put him out of his comfort zone because we get no return.

Mark79
18-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Bottler. Too many of them in this team and i would imagine the wages could be better spent.

The Harp Awakes
18-11-2010, 07:57 PM
We'll get the best out of Liam Miller when we get more steel in midfield. Ian Murray has toughened us up in there and no concidence Liam's form has improved over the last 2 games.

A class act. Get him signed up.

Jonnyboy
18-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Used correctly and with Murray or similar to relieve him of defensive duties he'd be one of the first names I'd have on my teamsheet

Andy74
18-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Keep him. Then get Gomez signed up from the Arabs to play with him.

Who?

Jonnyboy
18-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Who?

He means Morgaro Gomis, Andy

Walter
18-11-2010, 08:00 PM
why does ian murray get called Nid?

Green Knight
18-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Definitely keep him. Hughes (and initially CC) were wrong in playing him as a holding midfielder. This was daft - Man U signed him as an attacking midfielder, not a defensive midfielder. CC has cracked it quickly : 4/1/4/1 with Ian Murray (or the under-rated Thicot) in their correct position as defensive midfielder gives Miiler the chance to do what he is best at and do damage going forward. Sign of his growing maturity that he wants to stay (take note, Deek)

silverhibee
18-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Definitely keep him. Hughes (and initially CC) were wrong in playing him as a holding midfielder. This was daft - Man U signed him as an attacking midfielder, not a defensive midfielder. CC has cracked it quickly : 4/1/4/1 with Ian Murray (or the under-rated Thicot) in their correct position as defensive midfielder gives Miiler the chance to do what he is best at and do damage going forward. Sign of his growing maturity that he wants to stay (take note, Deek)

:confused:

--------
18-11-2010, 09:42 PM
why does ian murray get called Nid?

Cumzfae Niddrie.

sahib
18-11-2010, 09:57 PM
On his day - which are few and far between - he'd be the first on the team sheet.However, not convinced the outlay would justify the (infrequent) end product.

People used to say things like that about Boozy but I think sometimes people are harder on good players than on limited ones i.e. Trackies. Liam Miller is worth keeping unless we could get better for the same money or we have a ready made replacement coming through.

WindyMiller
18-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Cumzfae Niddrie.

Naw he disnae.

essexhibee
18-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Keep him for defo! Class.

random sub
18-11-2010, 10:34 PM
No brainer- keep!

WindyMiller
18-11-2010, 10:35 PM
If he can maintain the form he's shown in the past 2 games for the next 6 weeks or so then yes, if he reverts to the form he showed through Sept./Oct., then no.

lucky
18-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes . One of the few ball players at ER. Joy to watch on his game. It's easier to spoil than create as such he sometimes gets swamped in games

TObeachesHibby
19-11-2010, 06:44 AM
no.....give it a few more games until mid Jan. 2 games does not justify renewal of contract...far less EPL considerations

aberhibsfc
19-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I'd like to keep him. Think with the right players around him he would show his value.

Keith_M
19-11-2010, 12:07 PM

You really should have thought that one through a bit better before slagging of his knowledge of geography. Now if you'd said Falkirk or Stirling...............

:greengrin

Keith_M
19-11-2010, 12:08 PM
If he can maintain the form he's shown in the past 2 games for the next 6 weeks or so then yes, if he reverts to the form he showed through Sept./Oct., then no.

:agree:

Caroline Hibby
19-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I'd like to keep him. Think with the right players around him he would show his value.

Has done nothing apart from the (very) odd game to merit a new contract. I've said more than enough about LM recently, but I'm still amazed that people use phrases like 'class act' to describe him. Sauzee and Latapy were class acts. There's no comparison. And, btw, they were able to perform no matter who they had playing around them. Nope, he ain't got it, just ask Man U, Leeds, S'land, QPR ...

Craig_in_Prague
19-11-2010, 02:01 PM
100% yes for me. :agree:

I think people expect a lot from him coz he's came down the ladder and ended up at us.
His ball retention is exceptional, and as others said, a bit like Boozy, he does a lot of good stuff that is 'a given' .....When in actual fact when Hibs are ticking, a large part of the reason is coz of him. He can score goals too, let's hope under CC he'll get more goals and play more forward like he has been.

He was fantastic for a couple of months under Hughes when he signed, but the whole team were gash from xmas onwards.
I admit he has dissapointed a bit at times, when you go through bad spells you need someone to shake you out of it, and Miller didn't....a bit of a bottler etc....

BUT I still think he's got a lot of quality, and IMO a player I'm delighted to have in a Hibs shirt, hope he gets a new contract and is part of a successful team under CC.

cam75
19-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Thats the long way to Glasgow:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
19-11-2010, 02:20 PM
For every game he is a "class act" there are 4 games where he gives Brian Kerr a run for his money in the "unseen work" stakes.

In saying that though I'd sign him up, the thought of a return to the days of the likes of Kerr and Chisholm lining up in the middle of the park scares the crap out of me.

paxtonhibby
19-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Get the map out man!M90 not M9 for Dunfermline,smugness personified:wink:
One of the most frustrating players to watch at ER in a long time.Undoubted class but doesnt show it enough.Optimistically IM alongside him looks very promising.

cam75
19-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Get the map out man!M90 not M9 for Dunfermline,smugness personified:wink:
One of the most frustrating players to watch at ER in a long time.Undoubted class but doesnt show it enough.Optimistically IM alongside him looks very promising.
LOL its my fault i drive the m9 alot must be getting OLD

LincolnshireHib
19-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I think it would be wise to keep Miller. Having seen the last few games with Murray back, Miller has been allowed to go forward and it has really showed in the teams' build up play. He had a great game against both Rangers (I was there) and the Mothers just sitting in front of Murray. Hopefully we'll see him chip in with a few more goals to back up Deeks. He's got some tidy skills and is comfortable on the ball.

JimBHibees
19-11-2010, 03:27 PM
100% yes for me. :agree:

I think people expect a lot from him coz he's came down the ladder and ended up at us.
His ball retention is exceptional, and as others said, a bit like Boozy, he does a lot of good stuff that is 'a given' .....When in actual fact when Hibs are ticking, a large part of the reason is coz of him. He can score goals too, let's hope under CC he'll get more goals and play more forward like he has been.

He was fantastic for a couple of months under Hughes when he signed, but the whole team were gash from xmas onwards.
I admit he has dissapointed a bit at times, when you go through bad spells you need someone to shake you out of it, and Miller didn't....a bit of a bottler etc....

BUT I still think he's got a lot of quality, and IMO a player I'm delighted to have in a Hibs shirt, hope he gets a new contract and is part of a successful team under CC.

Spot on hopefully CC's management style and better organisation can get more out of our talented players of which Miller is definitely one.

Prawn Sandwich
20-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Liam Miller in talks with Hibernian over new deal and keen to stay

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Liam-Miller-in-talks-with.6633333.jp