PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes The Sun

heretoday
17-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles...........possibly the greatest pop song ever?

Discuss.

s.a.m
18-11-2010, 05:16 AM
My favourite, possibly. I'm afraid I don't have much to add.:greengrin

PeeJay
18-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles...........possibly the greatest pop song ever?

Discuss.

nah ... it's not even the greatest Beatles song :greengrin ... not a patch on Ticket to Ride

marinello59
18-11-2010, 07:13 AM

Discuss.
It was the greatest pop song ever when you listened to it. Pop music is the ultimate ephemeral pleasure. The greatest pop song ever depends on your mood, personal circumstances and how pished or drugged up you are at the time of listening. (You know you have overdone things if Agadoo becomes the greatest pop song ever. Don't ever reach that state.:agree:)

EskbankHibby
18-11-2010, 07:34 AM
nah ... it's not even the greatest Beatles song :greengrin ... not a patch on Ticket to Ride

:agree: Here comes the sun is a stoater but it's pretty subjective when it comes to the amount of quality tunes the Beatles produced, never mind any other band.

From Me To You and Blackbird for me, intro to Blackbird is superb, great bit of guitar which my brother has tried (and failed:greengrin) to teach me.

RoslinInstHibby
18-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Hey Jude or Let it be:agree:

heretoday
18-11-2010, 03:25 PM
It was the greatest pop song ever when you listened to it. Pop music is the ultimate ephemeral pleasure. The greatest pop song ever depends on your mood, personal circumstances and how pished or drugged up you are at the time of listening. (You know you have overdone things if Agadoo becomes the greatest pop song ever. Don't ever reach that state.:agree:)

How right you are.

Actually I've had second thoughts and now consider "Downtown" by Pet Clark the greatest pop song ever. No argument there, I'm sure. :duck:

heretoday
18-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Greatest rock band of all time? Surely The Cream.

No argument there either. :greengrin

One Day Soon
18-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Greatest rock band of all time? Surely The Cream.

No argument there either. :greengrin

I think ABBA could probably pop classic everyone else into the ground by a country mile and still have plenty of tracks to spare. And for sheer popness what about Ah-Ha's Take On me?

Anyway reverting to real music I'd put Thin Lizzy or Jethro Tull way at the top of the rock pantheon.

marinello59
18-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Tonight I think this is the greatest and dumbest pop song ever.:greengrin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIa3zr_vTQ

PeeJay
19-11-2010, 05:06 AM
I think ABBA could probably pop classic everyone else into the ground by a country mile and still have plenty of tracks to spare. And for sheer popness what about Ah-Ha's Take On me?

Anyway reverting to real music I'd put Thin Lizzy or Jethro Tull way at the top of the rock pantheon.

ABBA had four or five classic songs: the rest were absolute dross and drivel. That puts them on level par with Mud as far as I'm concerned. :greengrin
Cream's a good call, for rock band - not my favourite though, Lizzy and Tull were OK - personally think the Boss has them all in his back pocket.:take that

heretoday
19-11-2010, 12:17 PM
The Boss? Mr Springsteiner I presume. Yup okay.

Never liked Thin Lizzy. Tull were magic. Extraordinary. :thumbsup:

Betty Boop
21-11-2010, 09:03 AM
One of the greatest rock performances ever, I would love to have seen this. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JM0OvZJS4M&feature=related

CropleyWasGod
21-11-2010, 09:15 AM
One of the greatest rock performances ever, I would love to have seen this. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JM0OvZJS4M&feature=related

I did. November 1974, at the Odeon. :greengrin

They were support to Golden Earring. I didn't bother staying for them. Went outside, and met the band. :greengrin

Betty Boop
21-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I did. November 1974, at the Odeon. :greengrin

They were support to Golden Earring. I didn't bother staying for them. Went outside, and met the band. :greengrin

Lucky dog ! :greengrin