PDA

View Full Version : Scotland team to play the Faroes

H18sry
15-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Scotland team to face Faroe Islands: Gordon, Bardsley, S Caldwell, Wilson, Crainey, Commons, D Fletcher, Adam, Bannan, Maloney, Mackie

Another 4-6-0 then :grr:

greenlex
15-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Mackie is a striker.

Jim44
15-11-2010, 10:42 PM
My God, I hope they don't come a cropper. Opps, forgot my 'Liar' smilie

Wotherspiniesta
15-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Mackie will start up top. Even then though, how can you justify playing a 4-5-1 at home to the Faroe Islands in a friendly? :bitchy:

greenlex
15-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Mackie will start up top. Even then though, how can you justify playing a 4-5-1 at home to the Faroe Islands in a friendly? :bitchy:

Bannan or Maloney will be in just behind so it won't be 4-5-1.
When you play 4-3-3 do you play three strikers up front?

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I hope this is the famous 4-6-0 formation. We need to take something from this game.

Dunbar Hibee
15-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Faroe Islands 15/1 :hmmm:

Cocaine&Caviar
15-11-2010, 11:00 PM
What do we gain from Crainey being in there? Surely theres better options, with more potential, Dixon? Or against the FI, put Robson there?

Wotherspiniesta
15-11-2010, 11:03 PM

Are Bannan and Maloney not wingers?

Which would make it a 4-5-1. Either way, we only have one striker starting against the Faroe Islands. At home. In a friendly.

How inspiring.

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Are Bannan and Maloney not wingers?

Which would make it a 4-5-1. Either way, we only have one striker starting against the Faroe Islands. At home. In a friendly.

How inspiring.

:agree: They're not strikers. I think Bannan played CM vs Man Utd on Saturday.

TheBall'sRound
15-11-2010, 11:11 PM
:agree: They're not strikers. I think Bannan played CM vs Man Utd on Saturday.

Bannan was the wee standout winger from the U21's game against Iceland. Brilliant first touch, pace and tricks.

Personally I would rather see more of the U21's playing than B internationals who will never make the step up (Mackie = a waste of everyone's time).

Cocaine&Caviar
15-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Personally I would rather see more of the U21's playing than B internationals who will never make the step up (Mackie = a waste of everyone's time).

England B at that: Gilks, Kommons, McLevely, Morrison, Bardlsey, Mackie, etc

Hibernian Verse
15-11-2010, 11:19 PM
England B at that: Gilks, Kommons, McLevely, Morrison, Bardlsey, Mackie, etc

Gilks is awesome.

Toaods
16-11-2010, 07:38 AM
STV said less than 8,000 tickets sold.

Ritchie
16-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I hope we get pumped.

Mon the faroes!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Whilst i agree its a pointless game, is there really any need for these anti-scotland team threads before each game?

marinello59
16-11-2010, 08:08 AM
STV said less than 8,000 tickets sold.

Doesn't say much about Levein's scotland if even the North East public are not going to pack Pittodrie tonight.

Steve-O
16-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Who in their right mind would want to go see the most pish Scotland starting 11 I think I've ever seen, versus a bunch of fisherman, who will probably beat us, and who we play almost every year, in a friendly??

Whoever decided on this fixture is a fud.

And where is Steven Fletcher?? :confused:

H18sry
16-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Mackie played wide right against the Czechs in a 4-6-0 formation :agree: any way got to rush as my train to Abersheepland leaves in a couple of hours

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

pacorosssco
16-11-2010, 08:51 AM
I would say I hope the Faroes win but Levein will not quit. He is showing himself to be massively out of his depth and a vindictive hun licking twat.

Sadly I think were stuck with him until after next campaign by which time well be in pot 5 and football obscurity despite imho having a bunch of players who are capable of qualification.

Kevin Kyle and Steven Caldwell says it all.

I wish he was L(eaving)evein

Steve-O
16-11-2010, 08:55 AM
I would say I hope the Faroes win but Levein will not quit. He is showing himself to be massively out of his depth and a vindictive hun licking twat.

Sadly I think were stuck with him until after next campaign by which time well be in pot 5 and football obscurity despite imho having a bunch of players who are capable of qualification.

Kevin Kyle and Steven Caldwell says it all.

I wish he was L(eaving)evein

Lose to the Faroes, and surely there is no way back? Surely?

CmoantheHibs
16-11-2010, 09:00 AM
It is a strange friendly to arrange.It obviously wasnt done to bring in the crowds and its difficult to see the team emerging with any credit other than giving them a right gubbing.
In saying that I think its a decent team.There are a few talented young guys and despite only 1 up top it still looks like it could be a good attacking team.All the midfield have creative qualities.I dont really know much about Mackie but if he can link up well with the midfield it will cause them lots of problems.Their defence, rather than marking strikers, will have to pick up midfielders coming at them at pace which is very difficult to deal with.With so many in midfield we should dominate possesion and if we use it well and at the right times then it should be a decent scoreline.At least thats my thinking as to how HP wants them to play judging by the team selected.It certainly doesnt look like a team set up to defend and lets hope not considering the opposition.
We have traditionally struggled against this type of team so it will be interesting to see how a different approach works.

pacorosssco
16-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Lose to the Faroes, and surely there is no way back? Surely?

You would hope so but I think SFA will give him campaign and next. They wont want another payout and Levein wont quit. Pig headed individual if ever there's been one

Its sad but I hope the Scotland fans turn on him tonight as no game after this for ages will see him ride out this campaign and hes role in Barry Ferguson return and Fletcher treatment a disgrace.

Riorden is also worth a shout to see how he can play with better players especially ahead of Kyle who should be nowhere near a Scotland team

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-11-2010, 09:10 AM
its getting farsical and Riordan or Murray havent been brought in.

i dont understand it!!!!!

johnrebus
16-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Mackie played wide right against the Czechs in a 4-6-0 formation :agree: any way got to rush as my train to Abersheepland leaves in a couple of hours

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

James Mackie has'nt scored since the middle of September - two months ago.

The perfect striker for any team of Levein's

:bitchy:

J-C
16-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Levein's a joke, only keeping the seat warm for Uncle Walt to take over after his final spell at the Huns.:devil:

Judas Iscariot
16-11-2010, 09:51 AM
:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2010, 10:09 AM
James Mackie has'nt scored since the middle of September - two months ago.

The perfect striker for any team of Levein's

:bitchy:

According to TalkSport Mackie played at right-back for QPR last weekend!

Ed De Gramo
16-11-2010, 10:14 AM
:tee hee:

I shouldn't laugh but Scotland should not be playing dross like Faroe Islands. In the past Scotland could get the likes of Portugal, Holland, Denmark etc...(fair enough they teams could be in action tonight but there must be other big teams that have a free week from the qualifiers...)

If Scotland don't win comfortably tonight....Potter will get it tight :applause::applause:)

So for that reason....i'm gonna see what the odds are on a 0-0

Ed De Gramo
16-11-2010, 10:19 AM

Deek I agree with but Ian is only 2 games back and is still getting back to his best...would rather see him fully focused on Hibs than get associated with the shambles that is Scotland :agree:

BSEJVT
16-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Utterly pointless game

Utterly pointless Scotland team

Utterly pointless Manager

Gave up on Scotland many moons ago

We are IMO an absolute joke, as bad as Ireland for recruiting waifs and strays

I could maybe see the point if any of these guys were Messi, they are not. its doubrful if they are better than their true Scottish equivalents.

We have wrecked the national team by teams in the SPL importing too many average foreigners and stifling Scottish talent

Harry Potter now seems to want to rub salt in the wounds by using the Irish granny approach to team selection and using second rate players at that.

He would have been better playing Doncaster Reserves than the Faroes as well.

The quicker he GTF's and take that neanderathal Black with him the bettter.

If the game was on in my back garden I wouldnt open the curtains

AndersonGGTTH
16-11-2010, 10:42 AM
it trully is amazing and totally crazy to see that team . those players . all i can say is DEREK RIORDAN

how the **** in leveins wildest jambo dreams can you not see his sheer class , GID ****ing specs you jambo ******

hibsbollah
16-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I dont understand why Hibs fans would want a Hibs player playing for Scotland at the moment. They wont learn anything form playing that standard of opposition and wont learn anything from playing next to Mackie or Bannon. The more Potter ignores Riordan and Hanlon the more I like it.

Geo_1875
16-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Deek I agree with but Ian is only 2 games back and is still getting back to his best...would rather see him fully focused on Hibs than get associated with the shambles that is Scotland :agree:

Craig Gordon is how many games back from injury?

Bad Martini
16-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I dont understand why Hibs fans would want a Hibs player playing for Scotland at the moment. They wont learn anything form playing that standard of opposition and wont learn anything from playing next to Mackie or Bannon. The more Potter ignores Riordan and Hanlon the more I like it.

Aye, but that's no the point. The POINT here is my man, Potter is ignoring Riordan for the wrong reasons namely, he thinks he needs to work on his game, etc etc yam fuddery etc etc.

Levein is a bawbag. His selection criteria is about as bad as his formations and his elation and scraping the game against Lichenstein says it all. He's a bawbag.

I'll always follow Scotland regardless but that bawbag and his team of losers dont make it easy.

All that said, and even though Deek should WALK into that team I still say...

MON THE SCOTS :agree:

McKenzie
16-11-2010, 04:15 PM

he who plays for aston villa in the premiership, a much higher standard of football than here, he who just played in a 2-2 draw with manchester united :confused: and they won't learn anything....okay:yawn:

GreenPJ
16-11-2010, 04:25 PM
he who plays for aston villa in the premiership, a much higher standard of football than here, he who just played in a 2-2 draw with manchester united :confused: and they won't learn anything....okay:yawn:

These are the types of game that is perfect to blood two or three of the U21's at full cap level to see how they fare. As for guys like Crainey, he is playing in the Premiership week in, week out. We are not blessed with many full-backs so think he deserves a chance in what is nothing other than an experimental game.

Www1875hfc
16-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Faroe Islands 15/1 :hmmm:

25/1 @ willie hills.
:wink:

frazeHFC
16-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Bannan can play on the wing but i hope he plays CM as he has been great there for Villa. It will probably be a 4-5-1 with Commons and Maloney as the wingers.

Chuck Rhoades
16-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Team is rank. Potter trying to prove his formation cant worl. Got a fiver on faroes on betfair. Just over 16/1. I want to get beat so potter gets the boot!

Mac
16-11-2010, 05:26 PM

yes its a 4-5-1 as there is only one striker on the pitch, if you play a traget man with the likes of Riordan or Fletcher playing either side would give the option of 4-3-3, but he hasnt, its defensive pish against the Faroes in a friendly!!!

poolman
16-11-2010, 05:35 PM
**** Harry Potter

**** The Scotland team (while HP is in charge)

**** Sheepland

**** a friendly against Salisbury Crags 11

:bye:

.Sean.
16-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Could somebody please enlighten me as to what Danny Wilson has done to merit a starting slot for the national side, other than playing in a handful of games for the mighty Glasgow Rangers?

greenlex
16-11-2010, 06:06 PM
yes its a 4-5-1 as there is only one striker on the pitch, if you play a traget man with the likes of Riordan or Fletcher playing either side would give the option of 4-3-3, but he hasnt, its defensive pish against the Faroes in a friendly!!!

So Maloney Commons and Bannan are all defensive?

bingo70
16-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Could somebody please enlighten me as to what Danny Wilson has done to merit a starting slot for the national side, other than playing in a handful of games for the mighty Glasgow Rangers?

Do you really think thats why he's been picked?

He's an extremely talented young player thats at one of the biggest clubs in Europe having been a success in the SPL and at under 21 level for Scotland, and we're currently relying on a 40 year old and someone thats struggling in the championship in his position, this is exactly the sort of game the likes of Bannon and Wilson should be getting some experience in.

I absolutely detest Rangers and everything about them, however, unfortunately they're the best team in Scotland and we shouldn't be writing players off because they once played for them.

DAVE1875
16-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Just seen a live report from Pittodrie on SSN, apparently CC is commentating on this game :confused:

Sylar
16-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Jesus wept, you cannae please folks - this is a friendly against a side of minnows, which allows Levein to try different players, different approaches...

I agree with the criticism of not opting for players like Riordan or Fletcher, particularly the former, who is on good domestic form, but players like Wilson and Bannan are the future of the Scottish national side. Charlie Adam is on superb domestic form as is Phil Bardsley.

Having said that...Steven Caldwell and Kris Commons...

Questionable selections if it were a competitive game, but this is the time to try the fringe players.

Craig_in_Prague
16-11-2010, 06:38 PM
After looking forward to the game in Prague for so long, to have witnessed what I did, has really turned me against the national team under Levein. I don't have problems with particular players, at the end of the day they're called up and do what they're asked.
But having been thinking all day if I'll even watch tonight or not, I decided I will watch and hope Faroes win. Coz simply it would be the end of potter, I would hope.....a bit like Burley when Wales spanked us.

And we've no competitve game till next Sept, so plenty time to regroup.

With the players at his disposal, he's really ****ed it up IMO.
We should have won in Lithuania, not scraped a 96th min goal against Lichtenstein and at least had some sort of go against an average Czech team and i'd say got a draw at least. That's if we had a manager with a brain cell.

His constant over looking of anything Hibs or ex Hibs does stink as well.

Hope this is your last night in charge Levein, choob :bye:

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2010, 12:05 AM
How did Kyle and Goodwillie play? Never bothered watching tonight.