PDA

View Full Version : ICT next week

sunshine1875
14-11-2010, 02:09 PM
ICT have not been great at home, but our record in Inverness is shocking. Will CC bring a change of fortune for the Hibs in Inverness?

What do you think?

ICT record at home this season is:

Loss to Celtic 0-1
Loss to Hamilton 0-1
Loss to Hertz 1-3
Win against Dons 2-0
Draw with St.J 1-1
Loss to Well 1-2

James70
14-11-2010, 03:05 PM
I actually feel more confident than I have ever felt about a visit to Inverness and would be disappointed if we don't get a draw at the very least.

Our defensive frailties are being addressed and there is a new physical element to our midfield judging by yesterday's performance.

The match will certainly be a big test but if we can come through it with at least 1 point we can continue our climb up the league.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-11-2010, 04:29 PM
The only thing that we usually take from Inverness is the road home. If we can go up there and get three points that would mean more that the points at Ibrox IMO. A continual run of wins can have the same level of impact as long run of defeats but in a positive sense. In previous seasons we have ran out against ICT almost already a goal down. A win would set us up perfectly for the home game against St Johnstone, who are long overdue a seeing to.

Cropley10
14-11-2010, 04:43 PM
The only thing that we usually take from Inverness is the road home. If we can go up there and get three points that would mean more that the points at Ibrox IMO. A continual run of wins can have the same level of impact as long run of defeats but in a positive sense. In previous seasons we have ran out against ICT almost already a goal down. A win would set us up perfectly for the home game against St Johnstone, who are long overdue a seeing to.

:agree: and every bad run has to come to an end, hopefully we'll get our first win in the Highlands on Saturday. There's no reason why we can't... :pray:

Jim44
14-11-2010, 05:07 PM
The combination of CC with no negative experience of our 'failures' up north and the input from DA who must have a good feel for football in that part of the country might help us get the monkey off our back. I'm looking for a convincing win.

Albion Hibs
14-11-2010, 08:03 PM
There home form, coupled with us playing better away from home so far this year will hopefully bring some points back down the road with us.

Never an easy game and they will probably be looking to us for a change in there home form, albeit our last couple of results will hopefully have them thinking again about that.

None the less cant wait, despite the fact its miles away and baltic, the car is loaded and I am hopeful we can get at least a point.

Sergey
14-11-2010, 08:06 PM
There home form, coupled with us playing better away from home so far this year will hopefully bring some points back down the road with us.

Never an easy game and they will probably be looking to us for a change in there home form, albeit our last couple of results will hopefully have them thinking again about that.

None the less cant wait, despite the fact its miles away and baltic, the car is loaded and I am hopeful we can get at least a point.

You better explain the bit in bold to me.....

Cropley10
14-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Any chance of a lift Albion to Inverness? Happy to share petrol and so on.

Badge
14-11-2010, 08:30 PM
ICT have not been great at home, but our record in Inverness is shocking. Will CC bring a change of fortune for the Hibs in Inverness?

What do you think?

ICT record at home this season is:

Loss to Celtic 0-1
Loss to Hamilton 0-1
Loss to Hertz 1-3
Win against Dons 2-0
Draw with St.J 1-1
Loss to Well 1-2

Add 1-2 next week. We'll get a result for a wee change.

Albion Hibs
14-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Any chance of a lift Albion to Inverness? Happy to share petrol and so on.

Afraid not, one seat spare going up but bringing an extra one back down so will be full. Half time coffee to bury the hatchet, bygones and all that!

Alternatively I will take a photo of the game to prove I was there and do a course in IT to figure out how to put it on line!!

Albion Hibs
14-11-2010, 09:47 PM
You better explain the bit in bold to me.....

Seems a little obvious but....I think games like Motherwell, Celtic, Aberdeen (first 30 mins), Dundee Utd, Rangers we played well in. Granted we did not get results in all of them, but our performances where decent. I note the exceptions being St J, and St M - fortunately I did actually not go to either of those ones, but I assume our performances were probably a little below par!

Given the above, and the fact that ICT currently have quite a bad home record, perhaps we can take advantage and get our first result there.

_hucks_
15-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Stats alone, we've won as many at home as away this season, but have picked up 2 draws at home that we haven't on the road. We've also had 1 more away game from which to find the points. Stats don't paint the full picture though, as performances don't necessarily correlate precisely into points.

ahibby
15-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Anything could happen but if we can put out an experienced defence then it might be difficult for ICT to score. Paul Hanlon over ran last time I was up there to let them in and score, he might want to make amends and he might have to if Dickoh isn't fit. We need De Graaf too if he plays the same as he did on Sat.

allezsauzee
15-11-2010, 01:17 PM
If we put out the same team as Saturday, then I predict that we'll squeak a 1-0 win

cam75
15-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Anyone from Aberdeen going?

Hibee Daz
15-11-2010, 01:42 PM
The time has a come for us to put an end to our bad run against the mini sheep and the fact that we are defending as a unit now should help see us through!