PDA

View Full Version : Levein and Steven Fletcher

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 11:49 AM
article in the Guardian website

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/13/steven-fletcher-craig-levein-scotland

Levein: At this minute in time, Steven Fletcher hasn't put in a performance which makes me think I can hang my hat on him.

But David Goodwillie and Kevin Kyle have?

:clown:

Saorsa
14-11-2010, 11:51 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/13/steven-fletcher-craig-levein-scotland

Levein: At this minute in time, Steven Fletcher hasn't put in a performance which makes me think I can hang my hat on him.

:clown:What a pr!ck that guy is :bitchy:

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Presumably Levein has picked a different David Goodwillie from the one his own manager is having to check up on every night to ensure that he doesn't run foul of the law. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/11/14/peter-houston-dundee-united-backroom-staff-are-phoning-david-goodwillie-every-night-to-ensure-he-s-at-home-and-away-from-trouble-86908-22716488/)

:rolleyes:

(You can take the boy out of the Raploch, but you can't take the Raploch out of the boy, it appears.)

Manxhibs
14-11-2010, 11:58 AM
That just infuriates me! How he can say that Fletcher hasn't done enough when he's currently playing in the EPL and got himself a goal yesterday is nothing short of a joke. Kevin Kyle is different kind of player but he couldnt even cut it in the championship, potter is a disgrace IMO!!! I can't be bothered with our senior team anymore, just going to watch the U21's for the time being

matty_f
14-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Levein is, and always will be, a hearts ****.

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I suppose that, to justify his decision to Fletcher, Levein could perform the time-honoured ritual of showing him his vast medal collection.

Oops...

:hilarious

PatHead
14-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Good to see Levein's "private" comments in the paper. He also states he wants to build a relationship with Fletch. What over the phone this week?

He wants to reward players for doing well at their clubs. Take it that is why Deek is sitting at home this week then.

He is just a hypocritical wannaebee Hun, Jambo fatherless child. Hate him. Glad the game isn't at Easter Road as I won't feel guilty not going along. Sooner he gets the sack the better.

PS Don't like him

silverhibee
14-11-2010, 12:19 PM
With about eight players pulling out of Potters squad for the Faroes game he may have to call SF in to the Scotland squad as a replacement, hope Fletcher also picked up one of those niggly injuries that keep you out till the next time his club play again.:greengrin

Expecting Rain
14-11-2010, 12:25 PM
With about eight players pulling out of Potters squad for the Faroes game he may have to call SF in to the Scotland squad as a replacement, hope Fletcher also picked up one of those niggly injuries that keep you out till the next time his club play again.:greengrin

I wouldn`t lose any sleep over a Levein endorsement if i was Fletcher, he probably rates Kyle before McFadden, anyhow the big huddy is probably pefect for the game with the Faroes, that`ll be his standard and Leveins.

johnrebus
14-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Levein is an arse.

With a bit of luck the Faroes will do what Lichenstein just missed out on.

:taxi

Scorrie
14-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Surprised that levien has picked any strikers let alone SF given his shocking tactics in Prague the other month. He is hopeless.

PC Stamp
14-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Personally my thoughts are that anyone who cares for anything about Scottish football should stay as far away from Scotland games until that specky Yam fud is as far removed from the national team as is possible. A horrible appointment by the SFA. He's trawling the lower reaches of the English leagues for pseudo Scots to give a cap to here and there whilst talented SCOTTISH lads can't even get a sniff! It's like a Fife version of Berti Vogts!! AND he wants to be fully involved in a radical review of the way the game is coached in Scotland from top to bottom. Jeezuz, imagine it ..... HOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFF!!! RUN, CLOG! AW ***** THEY'VE SCORED!

Let's forget the hype over the glorious DEFEAT against Spain for a moment and remember that Potter's tactics, style of football and team selection managed to scrape us an injury time win against the mighty Liechtenstein!

The Faroes must surely fancy their chances.

Hainan Hibs
14-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Isn't Riordan not getting picked because of his "''off-field antics""?. So how in two ****s can Goodwille get a selection, and why the **** is Levein whoring out a place to Andy "English and already turned down Scotland" Carroll who's off-field antics are shocking?

It makes no sense whatsoever to pick Kyle. He isn't good enough quality to play against Spain or the Czech''s so it's a waste of a place which could've went to our 6.5 million pound striker,who is playing against some of the best in the world most weeks, who could've been with the team bonding.

And what other country the same size as Scotland leaves out one of their best strikers for a complete and utter huddy? Levein is a total trumpet.

aberhibsfc
14-11-2010, 12:35 PM
He could save himself a lot of time by just coming out and saying that he won't pick anyone with a Hibs connection. Eg Fletcher, Riordan and Miller when he was banging goals in for fun at start of season.

By doing that he'd be killing two birds with one stone, it would allow him to concentrate his efforts by only scouting Hearts, Dun Utd & the Championship. It would ingratiate himself further to the unwashed 400,000.

PS, the new season Walking Dead. Is that being filmed at Gorgie?

Manxhibs
14-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Isn't Riordan not getting picked because of his "''off-field antics""?. So how in two ****s can Goodwille get a selection, and why the **** is Levein whoring out a place to Andy "English and already turned down Scotland" Carroll who's off-field antics are shocking?

It makes no sense whatsoever to pick Kyle. He isn't good enough quality to play against Spain or the Czech''s so it's a waste of a place which could've went to our 6.5 million pound striker,who is playing against some of the best in the world most weeks, who could've been with the team bonding.

And what other country the same size as Scotland leaves out one of their best strikers for a complete and utter huddy? Levein is a total trumpet.

Apparently Deeks isn't getting picked because he doesn't contribute enough to the team :dunno:. How about the fact he's the 4th top goalscorer in the SPL overall, soon to be 3rd and the most natural finisher in Scotland. Levein is an absolute fud, I can't stress that enough!

clerriehibs
14-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Good to see Levein's "private" comments in the paper. He also states he wants to build a relationship with Fletch. What over the phone this week?

He wants to reward players for doing well at their clubs. Take it that is why Deek is sitting at home this week then.

He is just a hypocritical wannaebee Hun, Jambo fatherless child. Hate him. Glad the game isn't at Easter Road as I won't feel guilty not going along. Sooner he gets the sack the better.

PS Don't like him

I don't think we'll see any Scotland games at ER if levein has any say in the matter - and I'm sure he does.

levein has previously questioned Deek's attitude, obviously alluding to off the field (not that I think he has a particularly bad attitude - his wearing of his Hibs badge on his sleeve just attracts all the pseudo jambo hard men whenever he shows face in town).

Contrast that with not very good willie.

Wotherspiniesta
14-11-2010, 12:42 PM
He doesn't rate Goodwillie and Kyle more than Fletcher. Fletcher has more talent in his right pinkie toe than Kyle and Goodwillie isn't even the best striker at U-21 level. The reason that Fletcher isn't selected is because he dared to question the unforgivable 4-6-0 formation and was left sat in the stand twiddling his thumbs in a match he arguably should have started in.

Levein makes it really hard to support Scotland. Horrible, pathetic, Hearts ****

clerriehibs
14-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Apparently Deeks isn't getting picked because he doesn't contribute enough to the team :dunno:. How about the fact he's the 4th top goalscorer in the SPL overall, soon to be 3rd and the most natural finisher in Scotland. Levein is an absolute fud, I can't stress that enough!

If weir is considered to be doing his job for the team by defending well, despite rarely venturing over the half-way line, how come a striker who scores & makes plenty, but allegedly doesn't do enough tracking back, can be accused of not doing enough for the team?

Phil D. Rolls
14-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I suppose that, to justify his decision to Fletcher, Levein could perform the time-honoured ritual of showing him his vast medal collection.

Oops...

Wait a minute, run this past me. Levein was a member of the all conquering Hearts team of the 80s, along with Gary MacKay. You can't seriously be saying they didn't win any medals. :confused:

I don't think we'll see any Scotland games at ER if levein has any say in the matter - and I'm sure he does.

levein has previously questioned Deek's attitude, obviously alluding to off the field (not that I think he has a particularly bad attitude - his wearing of his Hibs badge on his sleeve just attracts all the pseudo jambo hard men whenever he shows face in town).

Contrast that with not very good willie.

Deek must be the unluckiest guy in Edinburgh.

Manxhibs
14-11-2010, 12:52 PM
If weir is considered to be doing his job for the team by defending well, despite rarely venturing over the half-way line, how come a striker who scores & makes plenty, but allegedly doesn't do enough tracking back, can be accused of not doing enough for the team?

The thing is Weir has played for Leveins beloved jambos and currently plays for Hearts big brother and also allows Levein to get upto quota of old firm players. Deeks is a hibs fan through and through and that is a no no in potters book.

clerriehibs
14-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Deek must be the unluckiest guy in Edinburgh.

I'm guessing that what you actually mean is he's the luckiest guy in Edinburgh for not having been banged up in Saughton for all the trouble he goes around causing, instead of having no criminal record.

Phil D. Rolls
14-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm guessing that what you actually mean is he's the luckiest guy in Edinburgh for not having been banged up in Saughton for all the trouble he goes around causing, instead of having no criminal record.

I don't know the man, I just think he is very unfortunate the number of scraps that blow up around him, when it isn't his fault.

Tricla
14-11-2010, 01:20 PM

He may be lucky not to have a criminal record but lucky not to be in jail? :confused:

sixtwo
14-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Levein is a buffoon with a loathing for all things hibs.

He is over rated, arrogant and tactically niaive as proven with his ridiculous formation in Prague.

Fletcher has proven himself in th premiership over the last 18 months. Kyle and Goodwillie would struggle to command a first team place in the coca cola league 1.
One is a jambo the other is known to him from his time at united, no bias there then!!

Derek Riordan has scored approx 90 spl goals but cannot get in a squad for a friendly.

Levein as a player was also over rated. People look back and think he was better than he was because his career was cut short. He was injury prone and his career highlight was playing for a pathetic club like hearts!

As a manager he has managed cowdenbeath, Raith, Dundee utd and hearts and failed in his only stint outside scotland at leicester. To my knowledge he has never won anything of note! (aside from a harry potter lookalike competition)

God only knows where his arrogance stems from!

Tricla
14-11-2010, 01:30 PM
He doesn't rate Goodwillie and Kyle more than Fletcher. Fletcher has more talent in his right pinkie toe than Kyle and Goodwillie isn't even the best striker at U-21 level. The reason that Fletcher isn't selected is because he dared to question the unforgivable 4-6-0 formation and was left sat in the stand twiddling his thumbs in a match he arguably should have started in.

Levein makes it really hard to support Scotland. Horrible, pathetic, Hearts ****

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Levein is a total scrote. He is a hypocritical, self contradicting, loathsome, putrid Yam ********.

He has filled me full of apathy for our national team.

The sooner he is emptied the better. I am prepared to suffer a fruitless qualifying campaign or two if it means we can get him to buggery and get someone in who has no favouritism towards anyone.

Levien GTF! :grr:

Dibben
14-11-2010, 01:44 PM
CL is really showing his true colours now!

The sooner he vacates the Scotland job with his agenda the better!

Gmack7
14-11-2010, 01:55 PM
all this nonsense about favouring dundee utd players is unfounded,
oops gary kenneth is in now aswell,that well known scottish keeper gilks from blackpool is out i predict hamish macalpine will be in goals

The Silver Fox
14-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Would an EPL club think of buying Goodwille or Kevin Kyle for £4m plus (whatever the amount was that Wolves paid for Fletcher? They would not trust Kyle to compete in a warm up training session and Goodwillie is repaying the faith shown in him by playing out the role of a spoiled brat from a ghetto who is just a ned with cash.

Levien is wrong about Steven Fletcher. He may not be Kenny Dalglish but there are not many that are a better bet up front at the moment.

Mind you if we are playing the Faroes we shouldn't take chances should we!!

Levien is a now making errors of judgement none bigger that the Fergie farce where he was left with egg all over his twisted face.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Would an EPL club think of buying Goodwille or Kevin Kyle for £4m plus (whatever the amount was that Wolves paid for Fletcher? They would not trust Kyle to compete in a warm up training session and Goodwillie is repaying the faith shown in him by playing out the role of a spoiled brat from a ghetto who is just a ned with cash.

Levien is wrong about Steven Fletcher. He may not be Kenny Dalglish but there are not many that are a better bet up front at the moment.

Mind you if we are playing the Faroes we shouldn't take chances should we!!

Levien is a now making errors of judgement none bigger that the Fergie farce where he was left with egg all over his twisted face.

I think it was £7.5m for Fletch? And no is the answer.:agree:

Mikeystewart
14-11-2010, 02:36 PM

:clown:

yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

Fletcher has been non existent in his games for Scotland, I cant see anything wrong with what Levein has said.

:yawn:

I just feel like everyone on here is out to get Levine, I couldn't give a toss he was hearts manager, I will judge him on his performance as Scotland manager.

Fletcher has proved himself at SPL and EPL level, but not international.

Also how pissed off would you be if you where scoring goals week in week out for your club and not getting a sniff for your country, dont give me the levine wont pick deek cause deeks a hibby bassa, we're starting to sound like celtic fans

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 02:41 PM
yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

Fletcher has been non existent in his games for Scotland, I cant see anything wrong with what Levein has said.

I just feel like everyone on here is out to get Levine, I couldn't give a toss he was hearts manager, I will judge him on his performance as Scotland manager.

Apart from being top scorer at the U19 finals tournament, good scoring record at U21s (5 goals in 7 caps) then progressing to full level and scoring in his first competitive start (v Iceland).

Every Scotland youth level and full level coach has rated Fletcher, apart from Levein.

Who's wrong and who's acting like a fud?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_player_profile.cfm?page=823&playerID=32648&squadID=1

Westie1875
14-11-2010, 02:43 PM
yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

He needs to be in the squad and actually get picked for the team to do that.

johnrebus
14-11-2010, 02:47 PM
yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

So Kevin Kyle is a better striker than Steven Fletcher?

Craig Levein as an arse.

The fact that he was once Hearts manager is a complete coincidence.

:fibber:

:greengrin

deeks01
14-11-2010, 02:50 PM
yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

actually imo fletcher has looked pretty dangerous anytime he's been handed an opportunity in the national side.

goodwillie is a talent but not as good as fletch or murphy of motherwell.

kevin kyle... don't understand this one , he's good at what he does but he should not be in or anywhere near the scotland squad.

And with spain being the exception to prove the rule , levein has shown himself to be tactically naive (vs czechs) , having trouble motivating players (liechtenstein) , arrogant and unprofesional (interviews with media), either biased as **** or with no eye for real talent and he is also chronically dull!

I'm not about to turn my back on scotland as some have but I do think Levein is a horrifically bad appointment by the SFA.

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 02:52 PM
actually imo fletcher has looked pretty dangerous anytime he's been handed an opportunity in the national side.

kevin kyle... don't understand this one , he's good at what he does but he should not be in or anywhere near the scotland squad.

And with spain being the exception to prove the rule , levein has shown himself to be tactically naive (vs czechs) , having trouble motivating players (liechtenstein) , arrogant and unprofesional (interviews with media), either biased as **** or with no eye for real talent and he is also chronically dull!

I'm not about to turn my back on scotland as some have but I do think Levein is a horrifically bad appointment by the SFA.

Goodwillie was sub for the U21s behind Chris Maguire and Jamie Murphy, both of whom had good scoring rates. Why has Goodwillie been picked ahead of both of them for the full side, particularly when you consider the "baggage" he brings?

Dunbar Hibee
14-11-2010, 02:57 PM
What are the odds for the Faroes to win? :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
14-11-2010, 02:59 PM
So Kevin Kyle is a better striker than Steven Fletcher?

Craig Levein as an arse.

The fact that he was once Hearts manager is a complete coincidence.

:fibber:

:greengrin

Kyle couldn't get anywhere near the squad for years, suddenly things have changed for him. Maybe he's one of those players who has taken a while to reach his peak. :dunno:

(Nothing against the big man, btw, honest pro - but in the team in front of Fetcher, or even O'Connor?)

Mikeystewart
14-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Apart from being top scorer at the U19 finals tournament, good scoring record at U21s (5 goals in 7 caps) then progressing to full level and scoring in his first competitive start (v Iceland).

Every Scotland youth level and full level coach has rated Fletcher, apart from Levein.

Who's wrong and who's acting like a fud?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_player_profile.cfm?page=823&playerID=32648&squadID=1

Comparing Full international to U21 is ridiculous :grr:

Fletcher has not played well for Scotland under Levine, end of story.

And its fair to say that goodwillie and others should have a chance to prove their worth, now if it turns out they are no better or worse than fletcher im sure Fletcher will be right back in there, but until then....

Mikeystewart
14-11-2010, 03:32 PM

Who would you have picked, that would have been interested?

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 03:36 PM

He's had part of one game under Levein, just over an hour of the 3-0 defeat in Sweden. Levein admitted after the game that he screwed it up due to picking the wrong team and tactics in defence. I suppose you could say its fair enough to disregard the rest of Fletcher's work on the basis of part of one friendly messed up by his own manager, but I wouldn't.

Yet he has recalled Garry Kenneth, who was a major part of that defence, today.

Levein is hoisting himself by his own petard.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 04:04 PM

And its fair to say that goodwillie and others should have a chance to prove their worth, now if it turns out they are no better or worse than fletcher im sure Fletcher will be right back in there, but until then....

Fletcher has been in all the squads for a while now. He's been the understudy if you like. Now when his 1st choice players are rested, he drops his 2nd choice one, to play what his 5th and 6th? Does not make any sence. When should Fletcher get his chance to convince potter if its not a friendly?

Broken Gnome
14-11-2010, 04:05 PM

For Scotland's most high-profile and expensive striker not to be even stripped for the last two qualifiers, regardless of how he played in his one and only start (lone striker in an near-impossible situation), is laughable.

sticky windaes
14-11-2010, 04:59 PM

PS Don't like him[/QUOTE]

you hide it well :greengrin

Mikeystewart
14-11-2010, 05:15 PM
For Scotland's most high-profile and expensive striker not to be even stripped for the last two qualifiers, regardless of how he played in his one and only start (lone striker in an near-impossible situation), is laughable.

A think everyone knows but is too scared to admit that he isnt worth his price tag.:chop:

Tricla
14-11-2010, 05:17 PM
yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

Also how pissed off would you be if you where scoring goals week in week out for your club and not getting a sniff for your country, dont give me the levine wont pick deek cause deeks a hibby bassa, we're starting to sound like celtic fans

Just like Deek?

What's your point?

Mikeystewart
14-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Just like Deek?

What's your point?

I made my point straight after my quote in bold. A lot of people on here seem to think that Riordan Doesn't get in the team because;

1. Levine is a dirty Jambo bassa
2. Riordan has too many off field problem (then how come Goodwillie is in the squad then blah blah)

The reason he is not in the team is he doesn't do enough for the rest of the team.

That's exactly why Boyd got dropped, his goals weren't enough and even then he couldn't score.

Deek has definitely improved his work rate, but like a few other players in the hibs team there is a difference between closing down players and closing down players and wining the ball. The latter Riordan 9/10 doesn't do. these are things both Kyle and Goodwillie can do. Kyle bullys players with his strength and goodwillie is a whippet, Riordan has none of those attributes, technique is not enough.

Also dont forget this is a friendly, the players that have featured he knows from the games they have played, the majority of this current squad will not be facing spain next year, this is to get an idea of who else could be good enough.

bighairyfaeleith
14-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I made my point straight after my quote in bold. A lot of people on here seem to think that Riordan Doesn't get in the team because;

2. Riordan has too many off field problem (then how come Goodwillie is in the squad then blah blah)

The reason he is not in the team is he doesn't do enough for the rest of the team.

That's exactly why Boyd got dropped, his goals weren't enough and even then he couldn't score.

Deek has definitely improved his work rate, but like a few other players in the hibs team there is a difference between closing down players and closing down players and wining the ball. The latter Riordan 9/10 doesn't do. these are things both Kyle and Goodwillie can do. Kyle bullys players with his strength and goodwillie is a whippet, Riordan has none of those attributes, technique is not enough.

Also dont forget this is a friendly, the players that have featured he knows from the games they have played, the majority of this current squad will not be facing spain next year, this is to get an idea of who else could be good enough.

Your defence of levein is very admitrable, however he is still a jambo **** and a ***** football manager:greengrin

Tricla
14-11-2010, 05:36 PM

I don't buy this pish. Strikers are there to score goals and that is what Deek does best. He's also deadly from free kicks and that is lacking in the current squad.

Levein hasn't picked him cos he's a dirty hun, yam, arab sympathising twat.

I mean come on, you agree that Kyle should be in the squad before Deek or Fletcher or even O'Connor or even me FFS!!?
:crazy:

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Fletcher has been in all the squads for a while now. He's been the understudy if you like. Now when his 1st choice players are rested, he drops his 2nd choice one, to play what his 5th and 6th? Does not make any sence. When should Fletcher get his chance to convince potter if its not a friendly?

:agree:

Chris Iwelumo seems to have been bumped as well, despite scoring nine goals in 15 league starts for Burnley this season. He hasn't been omitted due to injury because he played (and scored) for them yesterday.

PaulSmith
14-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Ha ha, Levein calls up Gary Kenneth (must think worth hanging his hat on him) into the squad.

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Ha ha, Levein calls up Gary Kenneth (must think worth hanging his hat on him) into the squad.

Raped by Connor Sammon for Killie's goal yesterday.

It's laughable that Kenneth is getting picked ahead of Mark Reynolds, for example. Reynolds' pace would at least give him half-a-chance at international level. Kenneth just looks silly against class forwards.

Ritchie
14-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I used to enjoy supporting Scotland.

Now I couldn't care, I actually hope we get beat. Levein is a complete twat and aslong as he's Scotland manager, I won't be supporting Scotland

Tricla
14-11-2010, 06:51 PM

And some people say he doesn't lean towards certain clubs. Kenneth in the team is even more of a joke than Kyle being there!

Only just though. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 06:55 PM

Chris Iwelumo seems to have been bumped as well, despite scoring nine goals in 15 league starts for Burnley this season. He hasn't been omitted due to injury because he played (and scored) for them yesterday.

:agree: His squad selection does not make any sence whatsoever. :confused:

Tricla
14-11-2010, 07:11 PM
:agree: His squad selection does not make any sence whatsoever. :confused:

He just makes it up as he goes along.
:doh:

brog
14-11-2010, 07:28 PM
He just makes it up as he goes along.
:doh:

Spot on!! He continually tries to defend the indefensible. I can see some merit in including Goodwillie in squad, he's young & talented & potentially has a big future if he sorts his head out. Kyle however is ridiculous, he's a decent target man in our poor league but an international???!!! I'll bet Carlos Puyol's having sleepless nights already now that KK's back in favour! :wink:

Jim44
14-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I used to enjoy supporting Scotland.

Now I couldn't care, I actually hope we get beat. Levein is a complete twat and aslong as he's Scotland manager, I won't be supporting Scotland

:agree: I'd love to see Scotland take a hiding from the Faroes, but it won't happen. If it did 'tho, it really wouldn't do the team or idividual players much harm but it would, on top of the Liechtenstein and Czech Rep fiascos, irreparably damage the reputation and whatever is left of Potter's useless career as Scotland manager.

clerriehibs
14-11-2010, 07:50 PM
He may be lucky not to have a criminal record but lucky not to be in jail? :confused:

It's not my view ... it was a sarcasm. So far as my opinion gos, he doesn't have a criminal record because he doesn't deserve one. What he also doesn't deserve is to be heckled and hassled whenever he shows face in town. And to blanket ban him from all clubs when he's never had a criminal record, and for the police to rejoice in that, says a lot about L&B's finest.

millarco
14-11-2010, 07:50 PM
From the National Team's facebook page:

Following the weekend fixtures, Craig Levein has made these ammendments to his squad -

Out: Berra (knee), Burke (groin), G Caldwell (thigh), Dorrans (foot),
Gilks (knee), Hutton (groin), Morrison (knee), Naismith (shoulder),
Whittaker (knee).

In: Bryson, S Caldwell, Crainey, Kenneth, Maloney, Robson

Shocked to see the remaining two Rangers players drop out.

clerriehibs
14-11-2010, 07:56 PM
yeah they have;

Goodwillie 6 goals in 7
Kyle 3 goals in 6
Fletcher 4 goals in 4

yeah ... deeks gets VERY p!sed off. But there's a hole in your argument there; levein says it's NOT enough to score goals.

Westie1875
14-11-2010, 07:59 PM
From the National Team's facebook page:

Following the weekend fixtures, Craig Levein has made these ammendments to his squad -

Out: Berra (knee), Burke (groin), G Caldwell (thigh), Dorrans (foot),
Gilks (knee), Hutton (groin), Morrison (knee), Naismith (shoulder),
Whittaker (knee).

In: Bryson, S Caldwell, Crainey, Kenneth, Maloney, Robson

Shocked to see the remaining two Rangers players drop out.

Dearie me, for a friendly Reynolds of the Muthas and our own Paul Hanlon would have been a much better bet to see what they've got at that level, even the Arabs can see through Kenneth now, and Steven Caldwell FFS :faf::bye:

PeterboroHibee
14-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Levein has never been a good manager imo. He was excellent at spotting good players at lower levels, but it took a new manager at United to really take them to the next level.

As for Scotland, it is a disgrace some of the call ups hes made. Gary Kenneth is such a poor defender, in his last 2 games hes been completely at fault for 2 of the goals, where United have only taken 1 point. His only Scotland cap he got torn apart (and I dont take the argument about who we were playing against, thats the standard of international football!), why are the likes of Mark Reynolds not even getting a look in?

In terms of Fletch, hes come out of this well; Im not too keen on a player speaking out against the manager but Leveins tactics were ridiculous. Hes not said he wont play again, and going by Leveins reign so far, it doesnt look like hes going to get much playing time anyway. Goodwillie, Kyle and Mackie are not better than Fletcher, technically hes far superior to all of them.

Kevvy1875
14-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Levien is a complete bawbag.

I remember watching scotsport or something and Levien was sitting in the studio when the pundit(can't remember which) mentioned Paul Hartley an a possible return to the international team. He also (wrongly) credited Levien with turning Hartleys career around by making him a centre mid. Levien nodded and smirked in agreement while I sat fuming. That was Billy Stark at St J before Hearts signed him. It was his sparkling form at McDiarmid that got Hearts attention.

A real geniune man with any modesty at all would have corrected the pundit and pointed out the role Stark played in the development from Hibs reject to Very good midfielder.

Tricla
14-11-2010, 09:10 PM
It's not my view ... it was a sarcasm. So far as my opinion gos, he doesn't have a criminal record because he doesn't deserve one. What he also doesn't deserve is to be heckled and hassled whenever he shows face in town. And to blanket ban him from all clubs when he's never had a criminal record, and for the police to rejoice in that, says a lot about L&B's finest.

Understood mate. I can't speak lowly enough about L&B's finest TBH.

Part/Time Supporter
14-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Levien is a complete bawbag.

I remember watching scotsport or something and Levien was sitting in the studio when the pundit(can't remember which) mentioned Paul Hartley an a possible return to the international team. He also (wrongly) credited Levien with turning Hartleys career around by making him a centre mid. Levien nodded and smirked in agreement while I sat fuming. That was Billy Stark at St J before Hearts signed him. It was his sparkling form at McDiarmid that got Hearts attention.

A real geniune man with any modesty at all would have corrected the pundit and pointed out the role Stark played in the development from Hibs reject to Very good midfielder.

You're spot on about Billy Stark identifying Hartley's potential as a "box to box" midfielder at St. Johnstone.

In addition to that, Levein nearly wasted Hartley by playing him as a right winger again in his first season at the PBS (2003/04). IIRC, Hartley was pretty unpopular with the Yam support initially, as he had a poor game in the "we only need 10 men" derby.

Hartley only really came into effect at Hearts (after he moved inside again) in the following season, which mostly happened under Fat Robbo. Then he had his best season the following year with Burley and so on. Levein taking the credit for all that is laughable.

PeeKay
15-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I will judge him on his performance as Scotland manager.

So you agree with the rest of us then? He's *****e?

JimBHibees
15-11-2010, 09:45 AM
A think everyone knows but is too scared to admit that he isnt worth his price tag.:chop:

How can you say that he did wel when with Burnley in the Premier league which merited him a move to Wolves where he has now scored 4 goals for them. He isnt the finished article but is a highly accomplished front man and goalscorer who scored in his first game for Scotland.

For a country as lacking in quality as Scotland to ignore him due to the managers mean spirited personality says volumes for him. I saw it said by Levein that he didnt have a relationship with Fletcher WTF is that meant to mean. Levein is so far out of his depth it is embarressing.

JimBHibees
15-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Raped by Connor Sammon for Killie's goal yesterday.

It's laughable that Kenneth is getting picked ahead of Mark Reynolds, for example. Reynolds' pace would at least give him half-a-chance at international level. Kenneth just looks silly against class forwards.

Agree completely Reynolds a far better player though obviously he made the mistake of not playing for Dundee utd, wonder when Danny Swanson gets called up:greengrin

Beefster
15-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't buy this pish. Strikers are there to score goals and that is what Deek does best. He's also deadly from free kicks and that is lacking in the current squad.

I mean come on, you agree that Kyle should be in the squad before Deek or Fletcher or even O'Connor or even me FFS!!?

I don't necessarily buy the bit on bold and it's regularly used to defend Riordan whenever his work-rate or attitude is called into question. Trakys hasn't scored for Hibs to date, yet in the last two games, he's cleared two certain goals off the line, set up two goals and a few chances for Riordan, led the line brilliantly against Rangers and been the nuisance up front that we've needed for ages.

When Riordan is on form he scores great goals and scores a fair number of goals but it doesn't hide all of his deficiencies.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not defending Potter. The man's a twat.

millarco
15-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Murray Davidson and Paul Caddis in the squad now.

JimBHibees
15-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Murray Davidson and Paul Caddis in the squad now.

I know Caddis was on loan at Tannadice last season but what is Davidsons Arab connection. :greengrin

smurf
15-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I wonder just how many would need to call off before Derek Riordan would be called up?

What a bitter fud Levein is.

Fletcher is obviously not paying the price because of his Hibs connection....:grr:

silverhibee
15-11-2010, 11:34 AM

Surprised wee haven't heard a a rant from Mick McCarthy regarding SF not getting called in to the squad.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Riordan Doesnt hold the ball up very well and he cannot win a header to save himself. He has a good shot on him though, but i dont beleive a good shot is enough.

No i dont think they dhould be ahead of Fletcher but I can see why Levine would want to get a look at them in a friendly.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 11:42 AM
How can you say that he did wel when with Burnley in the Premier league which merited him a move to Wolves where he has now scored 4 goals for them. He isnt the finished article but is a highly accomplished front man and goalscorer who scored in his first game for Scotland.
For a country as lacking in quality as Scotland to ignore him due to the managers mean spirited personality says volumes for him. I saw it said by Levein that he didnt have a relationship with Fletcher WTF is that meant to mean. Levein is so far out of his depth it is embarressing.

I dont think 11 goals in 46 games + potencial is woth 6.5ml

There no doubt what Fletcher said would have pissed Levine off, unless Fletcher was quoted out of context it was very unprofessional behaviour to openly critisise your own coach. He should have taken it up personally with Levine if he hasnt done so.

It wouldnt happen in any other job. What makes football different, ill tell you what makes it different, ignorent, maible and ficle football fans.

Tricla
15-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Riordan Doesnt hold the ball up very well and he cannot win a header to save himself. He has a good shot on him though, but i dont beleive a good shot is enough.

No i dont think they dhould be ahead of Fletcher but I can see why Levine would want to get a look at them in a friendly.

Kyle has played for Scotland before. He was murder then and never got another look. Potter is in now and Kyle plays for Hertz.

2+2 for me like.

In regards to the first part of your post, Deek scores goals. Who else is doing that for Scotland right now?

jonny
15-11-2010, 11:50 AM

I really don't know the ins and outs of this - but are you sure? I wouldn't have thought it would be legally possible to enforce any sort of blanket ban - almost amounting to an ASBO of sorts without there being some previous criminal conviction, whether it be minor or not.
Surely a court of law - regardless of the "heckling or harassment" of the police couldn't pass such a curfew if there was no evidence to support it...

Don't get me wrong, I think Deek is a fantastic footballer and a good Hibby to boot - I don't know him and couldn't make any accurate comment on his behaviour off the field but would have thought that if the ban on nightclubs is legally obligated then there must be something more concrete than the floating rumours.

Maybe someone who knows a bit more about the intricacies of antisocial behavioural law could explain this to me.

jonny
15-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh and MikeyStewart, youre on the wind up mate.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Kyle has played for Scotland before. He was murder then and never got another look. Potter is in now and Kyle plays for Hertz.

2+2 for me like.

In regards ribeye first part of your post, Deek scores goals. Who else is doing that for Scotland right now?

Christ that was a while ago, players change in 8 years. Gareth Bale wasnt getting a sniff at spurs a year ago and look now.

think some people need to take there green tinted glasses off.

silverhibee
15-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't necessarily buy the bit on bold and it's regularly used to defend Riordan whenever his work-rate or attitude is called into question. Trakys hasn't scored for Hibs to date, yet in the last two games, he's cleared two certain goals off the line, set up two goals and a few chances for Riordan, led the line brilliantly against Rangers and been the nuisance up front that we've needed for ages.

When Riordan is on form he scores great goals and scores a fair number of goals but it doesn't hide all of his deficiencies.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not defending Potter. The man's a twat.

But Riordan doesn't just score goals for the team, he gets his fair amount of assists in a season as well which would suggest that he works hard for the team to, he is a frontman and does what he is asked to do, score and set up goals for team mates, at the weekend i think the manager wanted Trakys to track back and help the team out, but there had to be an out-let and Deek was that, thats why he stayed upfront more in the game.

JimBHibees
15-11-2010, 12:58 PM

There no doubt what Fletcher said would have pissed Levine off, unless Fletcher was quoted out of context it was very unprofessional behaviour to openly critisise your own coach. He should have taken it up personally with Levine if he hasnt done so.

It wouldnt happen in any other job. What makes football different, ill tell you what makes it different, ignorent, maible and ficle football fans.

Wolves obviously did and to be honest thats what matters. His scoring return this season is pretty good expecially for a striker that isnt the most prolific.

Fletcher probably shouldnt have said what he did and to be honest Mr Professional Coach should certainly not said what he did about Fletcher and Riordan for that matter. Lets be clear his so called tactics in Prague were absolutely scandalous and made Scotland a laughing stock. Fletcher was probably asked about it and was honest enough to say he wasnt happy not being in the squad for either game without apparently an explanation.

No idea what your last paragragh means. :greengrin

Broken Gnome
15-11-2010, 12:58 PM

It's fair enough you don't think he's worth £6.5m, even though many do, but you can't argue that there's no other Scotland forward playing at such a level every weekend. And you're completely missing the point by saying you can see why he'd want to look at Kyle etc in a friendly; if Kyle plays 90 minutes he's almost had as much game time as Fletcher has. Fletcher has been woefully underused when you consider his competition for places, even before he criticised the manager. It's almost insulting the way he's been treated, he's not been given a chance to show what he can do so he's way ahead in the queue and way more deserving than Kyle and Goodwillie for games regardless of the opposition.

And if you can sum up Derek Riordan by saying he has 'a good shot'.... Jesus wept. That IS insulting.

Part/Time Supporter
15-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Levein taking the piss again by picking Paul Caddis, who is currently sub for Swindon Town of the English third division.

Ridiculous.

Manxhibs
15-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Murray Davidson has now pulled out

Part/Time Supporter
15-11-2010, 01:49 PM

If Levein was paying attention, he would know that Davidson has been in an out of the Saints side over the last month due to injury.

Tricla
15-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Christ that was a while ago, players change in 8 years. Gareth Bale wasnt getting a sniff at spurs a year ago and look now.

think some people need to take there green tinted glasses off.

Are you suggesting Kyle has improved in 8 years?

He was better last season for Killie than he is now but never got a sniff for Scotland and rightl so IMO.

Now he's at The yams and Potter is in charge at Scotland so he's all of a sudden good enough!!??

Potter is a yam, Arab and Hun sympathising sack who likes big huddies and total grafters in his team rather than those who can actually play football.

If you can't see that then god help you!

Tricla
15-11-2010, 03:09 PM
It's fair enough you don't think he's worth £6.5m, even though many do, but you can't argue that there's no other Scotland forward playing at such a level every weekend. And you're completely missing the point by saying you can see why he'd want to look at Kyle etc in a friendly; if Kyle plays 90 minutes he's almost had as much game time as Fletcher has. Fletcher has been woefully underused when you consider his competition for places, even before he criticised the manager. It's almost insulting the way he's been treated, he's not been given a chance to show what he can do so he's way ahead in the queue and way more deserving than Kyle and Goodwillie for games regardless of the opposition.

And if you can sum up Derek Riordan by saying he has 'a good shot'.... Jesus wept. That IS insulting.

Agreed. How can your opinion be taken seriously with a comment like that!
:confused:

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:11 PM
So you agree with the rest of us then? He's *****e?

Other than the Spain game aye he's been pish.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Agreed. How can your opinion be taken seriously with a comment like that!
:confused:

Its a fans forum you cant take anything seriously. :greengrin my opinion is worth as much as the next poster, I havent been rude racist homophobic or given the mods any reason to deny my right to comment, other than the fact a bunch of bleeting lambs dont agree with me.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Are you suggesting Kyle has improved in 8 years?

He was better last season for Killie than he is now but never got a sniff for Scotland and rightl so IMO.

Now he's at The yams and Potter is in charge at Scotland so he's all of a sudden good enough!!??

Potter is a yam, Arab and Hun sympathising sack who likes big huddies and total grafters in his team rather than those who can actually play football.

If you can't see that then god help you!

I dont think Kyle is good enough but it will be interesting to see if a bully upfront works, as we currently dont have a player like him in the squad.

--------
15-11-2010, 03:17 PM

What makes football different, ill tell you what makes it different, ignorent, maible and ficle football fans...

...who can't spell and can't punctuate a sentence? :cool2:

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I dont think Kyle is good enough but it will be interesting to see if a bully upfront works, as we currently dont have a player like him in the squad.

How will we know if a bully up front works? We are playing the Faroes, i could play up front against them and look good. There's no consistancy from him. The guys who have been filling the bench during this campaign have suddenly been dropped. If they were good enough for the bench against Spain, why are the suddenly behind Kyle and Goodwillie in the pecking order?

--------
15-11-2010, 03:23 PM
How will we know if a bully up front works? We are playing the Faroes, i could play up front against them and look good. There's no consistancy from him. The guys who have been filling the bench during this campaign have suddenly been dropped. If they were good enough for the bench against Spain, why are the suddenly behind Kyle and Goodwillie in the pecking order?

Maybe the Jambos and United need to sell them in January to pay their taxes, and Potter's using his position as Scotland manager to give them a wee helping hand?

"He's on the brink of an exciting international career, Kyle, don't y'know?"

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:24 PM
What makes football different, ill tell you what makes it different, ignorent, maible and ficle football fans...

...who can't spell and can't punctuate a sentence? :cool2:

Point taken, as the thread has continued my opinion has changed slightly, people opinions correcting some of your own mistakes is what it should all be about. Not some sort of informal point scoring competition.

Its not possible to have the same opinion form start to finish.

Was probably being unfair on Riordan he obviously does more from the team than score, I'm obviously just too stupid to see it. :cool2:

Though I bet you would feel like a tit if I had dyslexia.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:26 PM

Maybe Levine knows they are good enough so he is drafting in the others who are not in the first 25 :confused:

That comment could perfectly explain why fletcher is not in this squad

To see if the bench can be improved, you cant just look at the starting 11 its about the whole team.

silverhibee
15-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I really don't know the ins and outs of this - but are you sure? I wouldn't have thought it would be legally possible to enforce any sort of blanket ban - almost amounting to an ASBO of sorts without there being some previous criminal conviction, whether it be minor or not.
Surely a court of law - regardless of the "heckling or harassment" of the police couldn't pass such a curfew if there was no evidence to support it...

Don't get me wrong, I think Deek is a fantastic footballer and a good Hibby to boot - I don't know him and couldn't make any accurate comment on his behaviour off the field but would have thought that if the ban on nightclubs is legally obligated then there must be something more concrete than the floating rumours.

Maybe someone who knows a bit more about the intricacies of antisocial behavioural law could explain this to me.

Derek has one previous conviction and that was for a speeding offence at Falkirk Court, he was also detained one night for an alledged breach of the peace outside a bar, he spent a few hours in the cell and was released with a fixed penalty, this does not go down as a criminal record.
In a nutshell, Derek is turned away from a nightclub one night, a few words with the doormen and Derek is on his way to the next one, it is reported in the paper that he has been given a six month ban for the incident from the Unite Scheme,but they forgot to inform Riordan about it, he trys to enter another night club and is given a year ban, this continues until he now has a life time ban from every nightclub and most bars in Edinburgh city centre.
It is not legal but there is nothing DR can do about it as it is up to the owners who they allow in to there premise's, if you have a nightclub and dont tow the unite scheme party line, you may find that if there is bother in your place it may take L&Bs finest a bit longer to get there to deal with it.:wink:
So a life ban for trying to enter some nightclubs, i know other football players who have been convicted at court for assault and were given a three month ban by the unite scheme and because they were not high profile player like Deek they flouted there ban for the three months.
Or you could be the local kid-on gangster who peddles drugs for a living and drives a BMW X5 and be welcomed with open arms at some nightclubs in the city centre, but the unite scheme dont want to be seeing upsetting the criminal element in Edinburgh, so Deek is an easy option for them.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe Levine knows they are good enough so he is drafting in the others who are not in the first 25 :confused:

That comment could perfectly explain why fletcher is not in this squad

To see if the bench can be improved, you cant just look at the starting 11 its about the whole team.

Only if he was mad. There's no continuity in his thoughts. Fletcher was good enough for the squad and the bench in our last game against Spain. He's just scored in the Premiership, yet is not good enough now. :confused:

--------
15-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Point taken, as the thread has continued my opinion has changed slightly, people opinions correcting some of your own mistakes is what it should all be about. Not some sort of informal point scoring competition.

Its not possible to have the same opinion form start to finish.

Was probably being unfair on Riordan he obviously does more from the team than score, I'm obviously just too stupid to see it. :cool2:

Though I bet you would feel like a tit if I had dyslexia.

No, I'd feel an "itt". Or a "tti" :wink:

But if you had dyslexia the mistakes would be all through your post - not just at the end.

Potter seems to be falling out with a lot of his better prospects, and filling their places with inferior product. This is a process he may very well come to regret. (Sooner the better, if the last few games are anything to go by. The goon appears to have not the slightest vestige of a clue.)

Fletcher's now in his second season in the Premiership - last season he did well, this season he seems to be carrying on from where he left off. Even the bottom third of the EPL's a higher standard than most (if not all) of the SPL.

Potter publicly criticised Derek Riordan for his off-filed behaviour - in spite of the fact that Derek's behaviour and attitude has improved HUGELY over the past two years. Now he plays Goodwillie - whom the United coaching staff are having to phone every night to check he in the house, rather than in the cells, or even (according to Houston's sob-story) on a mortuary slab. And all because he's a ned who can't or won't walk away from serious aggro. If Potter had any real thoughts of ussing Derek in the future - even of sussing the lad out as a possible squad back-up - he'd have given him a call-up now.

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:37 PM
No, I'd feel an "itt". Or a "tti" :wink:

But if you had dyslexia the mistakes would be all through your post - not just at the end.

Maybe the spelling mistakes where a Freudian slip.

Peevemor
15-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe the spelling mistakes where a Freudian slip.

:cool2:

Mikeystewart
15-11-2010, 03:40 PM
:cool2:

:top marks

millarco
15-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Steven Saunders and James McArthur now in the squad if anyone's interested.

johnrebus
15-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Steven Saunders and James McArthur now in the squad if anyone's interested.

Dear God. Jim was a no bad goalie in the seventies, but Potter is getting a bit desperate now, surely?

Part/Time Supporter
15-11-2010, 03:53 PM
http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123874

Charlie Adam (Blackpool) Jesus H Christ
Phil Bardsley (Sunderland) English
Barry Bannan (Aston Villa) Tiny
Cameron Bell (Kilmarnock) Wouldn't get arrested walking down Sauchiehall Street naked
Craig Bryson (Kilmarnock) Is he black ?

Paul Caddis (Swindon Town) Used to play for Celtic reserves so he must be alright (what League do Swindon live in ?)
Steven Caldwell (Wigan Athletic) Pure ****in *****
Kris Commons (Derby County) Awright but not great
Stephen Crainey (Blackpool) Is he still playing football ?

Murray Davidson (St Johnstone) Who ?
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United) Captain
David Goodwillie (Dundee United) Fighter
Craig Gordon (Sunderland) Best in the World
Garry Kenneth (Dundee United) Should be getting fed carrots in a field
Kevin Kyle (Heart of Midlothian) Lump of ****in wood
Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers) Trier who dosen't score goals
Shaun Maloney (Celtic) Midget
Barry Robson (Middlesbrough) Ex-Celtic must be good
Danny Wilson (Liverpool) Bags of potential (has been carry those bags all season rather than playing first team football)

Tricla
15-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Charlie Adam (Blackpool) Jesus H Christ
Phil Bardsley (Sunderland) English
Barry Bannan (Aston Villa) Tiny
Cameron Bell (Kilmarnock) Wouldn't get arrested walking down Sauchiehall Street naked
Craig Bryson (Kilmarnock) Is he black ?

Paul Caddis (Swindon Town) Used to play for Celtic reserves so he must be alright (what League do Swindon live in ?)
Steven Caldwell (Wigan Athletic) Pure ****in *****
Kris Commons (Derby County) Awright but not great
Stephen Crainey (Blackpool) Is he still playing football ?

Murray Davidson (St Johnstone) Who ?
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United) Captain
David Goodwillie (Dundee United) Fighter
Craig Gordon (Sunderland) Best in the World
Garry Kenneth (Dundee United) Should be getting fed carrots in a field
Kevin Kyle (Heart of Midlothian) Lump of ****in wood
Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers) Trier who dosen't score goals
Shaun Maloney (Celtic) Midget
Barry Robson (Middlesbrough) Ex-Celtic must be good
Danny Wilson (Liverpool) Bags of potential (has been carry those bags all season rather than playing first team football)

Anyone who looks at that squad and then defends Potter is a fool.

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Potter publicly criticised Derek Riordan for his off-filed behaviour - in spite of the fact that Derek's behaviour and attitude has improved HUGELY over the past two years. Now he plays Goodwillie - whom the United coaching staff are having to phone every night to check he in the house, rather than in the cells, or even (according to Houston's sob-story) on a mortuary slab. And all because he's a ned who can't or won't walk away from serious aggro. If Potter had any real thoughts of ussing Derek in the future - even of sussing the lad out as a possible squad back-up - he'd have given him a call-up now.

Is this irony? :wink:

Jim44
15-11-2010, 07:17 PM
The whole situation surrounding the Scotland set up is farcical. Nobody wants to play for the team/Levein in this 'friendly' as they basically can't be bothered and think that it's a meaningless game. On the surface this might seem the case but the important point being missed by everyone is that Scotland's 'co-efficient' is dropping alarmingly and a bad result against the Faroes could mean that Scotland will be in the 5th pot for the next World Cup draw and next to no chance of qualifying. Personally I think the whole thing's hilarious and I think the whole lot of them involved deserve what they get or don't get as the case may be. I wouldn't go as far as actively supporting the Faroes, but I'll get a smug sense of gloating satisfaction when Potter gets his come-uppence.

Alfred E Newman
15-11-2010, 07:26 PM
The whole situation surrounding the Scotland set up is farcical. Nobody wants to play for the team/Levein in this 'friendly' as they basically can't be bothered and think that it's a meaningless game. On the surface this might seem the case but the important point being missed by everyone is that Scotland's 'co-efficient' is dropping alarmingly and a bad result against the Faroes could mean that Scotland will be in the 5th pot for the next World Cup draw and next to no chance of qualifying. Personally I think the whole thing's hilarious and I think the whole lot of them involved deserve what they get or don't get as the case may be. I wouldn't go as far as actively supporting the Faroes, but I'll get a smug sense of gloating satisfaction when Potter gets his come-uppence.

You`re right Jim and I would be surprised if Fletcher or Riordan are losing any sleep over missing this farcical non event.

clerriehibs
15-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Interesting ... a jambo suggests the jambo scotland manager might get a bit of success by playing a jambo clod up front.

clerriehibs
15-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Smacking Graeme Hogg and breaking his jaw was, of course, impeccably professional behaviour by the Sotland manager to be.

Levein's a yam tramp, thick too, and sounds as out of his depth as financially astute mad vlad would sound in a consortium of monopoly players.

Dr Jimmy
15-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Potter's reign as Scotland manager is heading the same way as Burley's. I wont be sad to see him go after the 4-6-0 fiasco.

Mikeystewart
16-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Interesting ... a jambo suggests the jambo scotland manager might get a bit of success by playing a jambo clod up front.

Been a season ticket holder at Easter Road for 7 years, fan all my life. Some people on this site are beyond a joke.

Mikeystewart
16-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Smacking Graeme Hogg and breaking his jaw was, of course, impeccably professional behaviour by the Sotland manager to be.

Levein's a yam tramp, thick too, and sounds as out of his depth as financially astute mad vlad would sound in a consortium of monopoly players.

And your opinion is cleary not influenced by the team you support. :rolleyes:

Ollie Reed
16-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Walter Kidd has now been added to the squad.

--------
16-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Is this irony? :wink:

Nope. It's a typographical error. My spelling mistake for 2010. :rolleyes:

Levein seems to have about the same level of insight and judgement that Hughes had when he was at ER.

If he's playing a 4-5-1 or a 4-6-0 at home to the Faroes, I suppose at least he's going to make it difficult for them to beat Scotland. I mean, when you're up against top-class opposition, the first priority is to close them down and silence the crowd. I'm sure that this selection will achieve at least one of these targets.

Of course, if the Faroes score first.... Oh dear. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Mines not, i think a player playing in the English premier league, and in scoring form. Should be in the squad/team before a lump who plays up from for Hearts, with little mobility. And the reserve under 21s striker. Especially when you consider he was sub in the most recent international. How is that consistant or fair? And how can he stake a claim for a place if not even picked for the squad?

You have to be very silly or blind imho if you think either are better players than Fletcher. Perhaps he's both?

silverhibee
16-11-2010, 03:38 PM
And dont forget that before the Derby game jumbo jim was threating Kyle with a spell on the bench after his poor performance's for them, has a good game against us and hey presto potter picks him for the Scotland squad, the Scottish press should be saying more about why SF is not in the Scotland squad. :agree:

johnrebus
16-11-2010, 04:01 PM
And dont forget that before the Derby game jumbo jim was threating Kyle with a spell on the bench after his poor performance's for them, has a good game against us and hey presto potter picks him for the Scotland squad, the Scottish press should be saying more about why SF is not in the Scotland squad. :agree:

Like Derek Riordan, Fletcher doesn't play for either of the Old Firm, therefore the media couldn't give a flying one.

:grr:

hibsbollah
16-11-2010, 04:11 PM
The reason that Fletcher isn't selected is because he dared to question the unforgivable 4-6-0 formation and was left sat in the stand twiddling his thumbs in a match he arguably should have started in.

Thats right:agree: Fletcher criticised Levein, as did Paul Hartley, who also has a reasonable case for a call-up in front of some of the idotic names Potter has actually gone for. Which makes me think he has a massive ego and holds grudges, even for fellow yams.

I hope the Faroes win, I really do.

silverhibee
16-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Like Derek Riordan, Fletcher doesn't play for either of the Old Firm, therefore the media couldn't give a flying one.

:grr:

Riordan will never be capped for Scotland as long as Potter is the manager, as for SF he should be starting the game tonight, but he doesn't even find a place in the squad, the press would query Potter if Darren Fletcher didn't get a call up and he plays in the EPL too, the press should be making noise's as to why SF isn't getting called up to this Scotland squad after being in the last one.

ancienthibby
16-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Harry Potter is trying to be the new Berti Vogts!!:grr:

silverhibee
16-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Thats right:agree: Fletcher criticised Levein, as did Paul Hartley, who also has a reasonable case for a call-up in front of some of the idotic names Potter has actually gone for. Which makes me think he has a massive ego and holds grudges, even for fellow yams.

Spot on about Hartley as well, PH slated Potter for his tactics as well when he was on the BBC during the Scotland game, by including PH in the squad may have seen a few more Dons fans turning up for the game tonight, it seems that the idiot Potter doesn't like when his appalling tactics are critisized by players and the press.The man is a fud.

TRC
16-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Apparently fairlynicepen*s likes more than just fighting and booze herd from a guy that apparently knows him so taken with a huge pinch of salt. So really does astound me that potter picks him he must know what a moron this guy is and as this is his supposed reason for not picking Deek it's laughable not to question his selection policy. Personally i think we should go back to a old selection board from every corner of the country to get a fair scope.

ScottB
16-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Apparently we may well slide into the 5th pot of seeds for the next World Cup Qualifying campaign.

Utterly disgraceful, when you consider we were approaching the 2nd pot at the end of Smith and McLeish's tenure, with largely the same players in the squad.

Really shows you how mince Burley and especially Levein have been, heads should roll for this, and not just Levein's either.

camhibby1
16-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Apparently we may well slide into the 5th pot of seeds for the next World Cup Qualifying campaign.

Utterly disgraceful, when you consider we were approaching the 2nd pot at the end of Smith and McLeish's tenure, with largely the same players in the squad.

Really shows you how mince Burley and especially Levein have been, heads should roll for this, and not just Levein's either.

After the 6 4 0 debacle in Prague I suggested Levein should be sacked - not even given the opportunity to resign (which he should have done if he had any decency) and if tonight's result suggests that our co-efficient is further eroded against us then Levein should be unceremoniously dumped just as he has done to Fletcher. There is actually something nasty about him which is more than simply being a yam fud.
I heard Jim Traynor on my way home from the game on Saturday having a not too unsubtle dig at Levein so perhaps there is hope that a section of the Scottish press may just turn in anger and if they succeed they must go the full hog and start a campaign against those who appointed him - it really is an appalling appointment and one that could if he's allowed to get away with it ruin our national team's morale for some time to come.

clerriehibs
16-11-2010, 08:45 PM

oh ... it was professional, then? :rolleyes:

clerriehibs
16-11-2010, 08:50 PM

You only think that? Where were you when the smug git had his war of attrition v. the SFA?

sahib
16-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Is Fletcher still getting a start at Wolves?

He has been on the bench last few times I caught match of the day.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-11-2010, 10:06 PM

He scored on Saturday but nor sure if he started. Either way he should be in the squad ahead of Kyle. Potter is a nob.

Killiehibbie
17-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't know the man, I just think he is very unfortunate the number of scraps that blow up around him, when it isn't his fault.Maybe not his fault but if he's not there he doesn't get involved or the blame. I know a lot of guys, none as high profile as him, who time and time again found themselves in bother that they never went looking for.

BryanV
17-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Maybe not his fault but if he's not there he doesn't get involved or the blame. I know a lot of guys, none as high profile as him, who time and time again found themselves in bother that they never went looking for.

Time and time again? Could they be the unluckiest men in the world?

Killiehibbie
17-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Time and time again? Could they be the unluckiest men in the world?Not really much to do with luck but bad judgement in going to these places. In an ideal world we'd all be free to go anywhere without getting aggro but that doesn't happen and the bigger a name you are the more hassle you get.

hibsbollah
17-11-2010, 01:10 PM

Played 9 out of the last 11 Wolves games apparently. And Potter claims he's not picking Fletch because 'he's not getting a game for his club':bitchy:

Mikeystewart
17-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Played 9 out of the last 11 Wolves games apparently. And Potter claims he's not picking Fletch because 'he's not getting a game for his club':bitchy:

6 of those 9 from the bench.

when he has started he has been subbed quickly after the first half

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?teamId=380&cat=subIns&season=2010&leagueId=23&cc=5739

Part/Time Supporter
17-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Aye, because S. Caldwell, J. McArthur and D. Wilson have been playing week in, week out right enough.

Fair do's if Potter wanted to "make an example" of Fletcher, but hiding behind excuses that are factually inconsistent and incoherent is dishonest.

JimBHibees
17-11-2010, 04:02 PM
6 of those 9 from the bench.

when he has started he has been subbed quickly after the first half
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?teamId=380&cat=subIns&season=2010&leagueId=23&cc=5739

Not true he played about 80 mins of the Carling cup game at Old Trafford.

JimBHibees
17-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Aye, because S. Caldwell, J. McArthur and D. Wilson have been playing week in, week out right enough.

Fair do's if Potter wanted to "make an example" of Fletcher, but hiding behind excuses that are factually inconsistent and incoherent is dishonest.

Sums Potter up, saw it quoted that it wasnt because Fletcher had criticised his mind numbing non-striker tactics in Prague.:fibber:

Mikeystewart
18-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Not true he played about 80 mins of the Carling cup game at Old Trafford.

Now your just being facetious, and it was the carling cup and everyone knows what the teams down south think of that Cup. :cool2:

lapsedhibee
18-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Now your just being facetious, and it was the carling cup and everyone knows what the teams down south think of that Cup. :cool2:

Are you the only poster on hibs.net who calls himself the same name as another team's player? It seems a bit odd.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2010, 06:18 PM

Do you think Goodwillie and Kyle are better than Fletcher?

Arch Stanton
18-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Are you the only poster on hibs.net who calls himself the same name as another team's player? It seems a bit odd.

He might be calling himself after an ex-Hibs player of the same name though. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
18-11-2010, 07:27 PM
He might be calling himself after an ex-Hibs player of the same name though. :greengrinPerfectly normal but only in circumstances where the ex-player is retired, or deid, or both. There was no poster on hibs.net calling itself Paddy Stanton during the time that PS played for Celtc, for example. (I rest my case.)

Mikeystewart
18-11-2010, 07:29 PM

It just so happens to be my name funnily enough.:yawn:

Mikeystewart
18-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Do you think Goodwillie and Kyle are better than Fletcher?

No

lapsedhibee
18-11-2010, 07:44 PM
It just so happens to be my name funnily enough.:yawn:

Are you the only poster on hibs.net whose username is exactly the same as his real name? Seems a bit odd.

Moulin Yarns
18-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Perfectly normal but only in circumstances where the ex-player is retired, or deid, or both. There was no poster on hibs.net calling itself Paddy Stanton during the time that PS played for Celtc, for example. (I rest my case.)

There wasn't even a Hibs.net, let alone any posters :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you the only poster on hibs.net whose username is exactly the same as his real name? Seems a bit odd.

:agree: Even Matthew Fairnie calls himself "Matty".

Not sure what Gordon Turnbull's real name is though. Or Peevemor for that matter.

lapsedhibee
18-11-2010, 07:55 PM
There wasn't even a Hibs.net, let alone any posters :wink:Rubbish. £10 a year got you in to the arpanet, which was the forerunner of the PM board. You must simply not have been invited to join that particular clique. :agree:

lapsedhibee
18-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Not sure what Gordon Turnbull's real name is though.

Gordon Turnball. :agree:

Velma Dinkley
18-11-2010, 07:58 PM

My real name is Priscilla White

Arch Stanton
18-11-2010, 08:58 PM
My real name is Priscilla White

Cool - any chance of you gettin Ringo's autograph for me then?

Mikeystewart
18-11-2010, 10:21 PM

no im not the only user.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2010, 11:24 PM
No

I'd bet there's not many, if any apart from Diddy Levien who thinks they are?