PDA

View Full Version : Paw Broon (merged)

Part/Time Supporter
13-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Wasn't Mr Bobby slaughtered on here once upon a time for making a triple substitution in injury time? Also, the Radio Scotland commentators were commenting that it was odd that Gow was still on the pitch.

SneakersO'Toole
13-11-2010, 05:52 PM
I genuinely didn't know that Gow was playing today until he was taken off. He was very quiet I thought.

Blackman and Humphries are Motherwell's biggest danger men by miles.

TornadoHibby
13-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I genuinely didn't know that Gow was playing today until he was taken off. He was very quiet I thought.

Blackman and Humphries are Motherwell's biggest danger men by miles.

Apart from the assualt on Mark Brown just before half time and then an almost identical assualt on Dickoh in the 2nd half resulting in Dickoh being stretchered off! :grr:

Could easily have been red carded for the former and should have been red carded for the latter! :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
13-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Auld man moans - presumably someone pinched his bus pass (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/9187197.stm)

PeeKay
13-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Paw Broon's post-match interview shows what a classless mealy-mouthed @rse he is. He is convinced that his team was the better side throughout and totally dominated the second half:faf: Dickhead! What game was he watching?

Part/Time Supporter
13-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Paw Broon's post-match interview shows what a classless mealy-mouthed @rse he is. He is convinced that his team was the better side throughout and totally dominated the second half:faf: Dickhead! What game was he watching?

Motherwell had more corners (5-4), so under Broon's usual logic that means they must have deserved to win. Thinking back to Scotland 0-3 Morocco here.

CentreLine
13-11-2010, 08:02 PM
What was Craig Brown on about "reasons" for a ding dong in the tunnel at half time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9187243.stm

Hibs Class
13-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Craig Brown says "we were totally dominant in the second half" :wtf:

H18sry
13-11-2010, 08:12 PM

We sat back for long periods in the 2nd half, but held a good line and shape around the 18 yard line. :agree:

hibsbollah
13-11-2010, 08:14 PM
"We deserved not just one point but all three"
"total domination" in the second half.
:rolleyes:

He's a mad old goat.

Wotherspiniesta
13-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't like him, never have.

"should have got 3 points"........ "total dominaton"........ "COMPLETELY dominated the 2nd half"

GIRUY Broon ya fud.

therealgavmac
13-11-2010, 08:15 PM
As the old saying goes - have a look in the papers in the morning and see what the score is :thumbsup:

Calvin
13-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Just at the end of the first half, Calderwood was having a real go at the linesman and referee. Craig Brown interjected a wee bit, not sure quite what he said but I think he was telling him to give it a rest. Calderwood wasn't to happy, told him to F off and sit down I think.

Maybe they didn't get on too well when Brown was Calderwood's Scotland boss?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought they were the better team in the 2nd half.

The auld sweetie wifey always seems to be disparaging toward us in his post match comments, disnae seem to like us :rolleyes:

Cant think of any history.

Purehibee_MYB
13-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I do have respect for Paw Broon but sometimes he does seem like a bitter old man... Hibs deserved the win... He was quite coy about the fact it wasn't a penalty

PC Stamp
13-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I really wish somebody would burst Broon's colostomy bag for him!
Then he can reek of pish to match the fact that he talks plenty of it!

Good stuff Paw ... you were dominant in the 2nd half. How many shots on target again in that 2nd half?

down the slope
13-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I thought we held on well in the second half , we were a bit short when de graff went off but did you notice the two banks of four , seemed to work ok and how many saves did brown have to make ?, not many so broon can shut up.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I really wish somebody would burst Broon's colostomy bag for him!
Then he can reek of pish to match the fact that he talks plenty of it!

:faf: :faf:
:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
13-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Just at the end of the first half, Calderwood was having a real go at the linesman and referee. Craig Brown interjected a wee bit, not sure quite what he said but I think he was telling him to give it a rest. Calderwood wasn't to happy, told him to F off and sit down I think.

Maybe they didn't get on too well when Brown was Calderwood's Scotland boss?

CC asked the 4th official how many times was Gow going to be allowed to jump straight into Mark Brown before action would be taken against him and it was Archie Knox who started the "rammy" by telling CC to "settle down" as it was a fair challenge or "something"! :cool2:

CC pointed over at Knox and told him something along the lines of " you ****** off ya ******ing a*seh*le!!!" which Paw Broon got exceptionally excited about and tried to tell CC that he couldn't talk to Knox like he had but CC was having none of it! :greengrin

Maybe they carried it on in the tunnel as the HT whistle sounded shortly afterwards! :greengrin

I thought that his reaction showed how much feeling CC already had for the club! :hmmm: :dunno:

matty_f
13-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Broon is wrong as hibs were well worth the 3 points. 6 points from your team this season broon, get it roon' ye!

hibees707070
13-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Don't know what brown said but I thought motherwell were by far the best team in the 2nd half probably should have scored! As soon as de graaf went off we seemed to lose our shape. Was impressed with both him and trakys the day(good to see someone jumping only interested in winning a header unlike a certain someone that likes to look for a free kick all the time) also ian Murray in defensive midfield perfect place for him outstanding!

Westie1875
13-11-2010, 09:12 PM
CC asked the 4th official how many times was Gow going to be allowed to jump straight into Mark Brown before action would be taken against him and it was Archie Knox who started the "rammy" by telling CC to "settle down" as it was a fair challenge or "something"! :cool2:

CC pointed over at Knox and told him something along the lines of " you ****** off ya ******ing a*seh*le!!!" which Paw Broon got exceptionally excited about and tried to tell CC that he couldn't talk to Knox like he had but CC was having none of it! :greengrin

Maybe they carried it on in the tunnel as the HT whistle sounded shortly afterwards! :greengrin

I thought that his reaction showed how much feeling CC already had for the club! :hmmm: :dunno:

:faf: CC can say whatever he likes, they were guests in his new home this afternoon. :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
13-11-2010, 09:23 PM

and created HOW many chances ? How many shots on target ? Which keeper had to pull off the better saves ?

Rest ma case, ma broon.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-11-2010, 11:56 PM

Maybe CC had a point. Gow later busted Dickohs face as result of a lunge with little attempt to play the ball.......

Dashing Bob S
14-11-2010, 04:57 AM
I personally was disappointed to see Film Director Danny Boyle cast the actor James Franco in preference to Paw, in 127 Days, the biopic of rock climber and gorge walker, Aron Ralston. I felt Paw would been a better casting choice as he would give his right arm or even his 'paw' for the Motherwell cause.

James70
14-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I thought Motherwell were very unlucky to have their "goal" chalked off as the guy seemed well onside. I'd have been raging if that had been a decision against us.

Having said that, there is no way that Motherwell were totally dominant. They may have had a lot more of the ball but how often did they test our keeper? There was only one team that came close to adding to the scoresheet barring the disallowed goal.

Noticed that Craigan was having a long discussion with CC at the end of the match. Asking about Dickoh's health perhaps, then again maybe not. :wink: