PDA

View Full Version : First half performance - superb!!!

SneakersO'Toole
13-11-2010, 05:38 PM
First half today Hibs were a joy to watch. 2 great goals. Crisp, incensive passing and plenty of work ethic when not in possession. What a difference!

The only thing that spoiled it was McDonalds wrong decison to give Motherwell a penalty. Then again he maybe made up for it by not sending off Murray and Valdas in the last few minutes.

Second half was more about working as a team, digging deep and staying resolute at the back, something which I think they did very well.

In the last two games, this team has showed more determination, intelligence and work ethic than seen in probably close to a year. Long may it continue.

A fantastic result against what has to be said a good Motherwell team. They'll be up there fighting for Europe this season without doubt.

declan macmanus
13-11-2010, 05:45 PM
:agree:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
13-11-2010, 05:55 PM
First half today Hibs were a joy to watch. 2 great goals. Crisp, incensive passing and plenty of work ethic when not in possession. What a difference!

The only thing that spoiled it was McDonalds wrong decison to give Motherwell a penalty. Then again he maybe made up for it by not sending off Murray and Valdas in the last few minutes.

Second half was more about working as a team, digging deep and staying resolute at the back, something which I think they did very well.

In the last two games, this team has showed more determination, intelligence and work ethic than seen in probably close to a year. Long may it continue.

A fantastic result against what has to be said a good Motherwell team. They'll be up there fighting for Europe this season without doubt.

It was definitely a penalty, sorry. Shirt pulling. Well spotted by the ref.

hibbybrian
13-11-2010, 06:05 PM

On that basis I hope we can score a few of the dozen or so penalties we get in the New Year Derby game :greengrin

WindyMiller
13-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I was concerned when we went 1 down that the team that folded to the Hertz would take over, but it was the team that F***ed the Huns.:thumbsup:

erin-go-bragh87
13-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Great performance. What a difference Trakys makes up front, winning headers and letting opposition defenders know they are in a game. His chest down to rankin for Deeks goal was great centre forward play!

ionahibby
13-11-2010, 06:10 PM

Sorry was never a penalty shocking from macdonald overall him and the assistants had a pretty poor game imho :grr:

Liam89
13-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Great performance. What a difference Trakys makes up front, winning headers and letting opposition defenders know they are in a game. His chest down to rankin for Deeks goal was great centre forward play!

Totally agree, Trakys looks like a proper centre forward, such a sight for sore eyes upfront compared to seeing Nish trying to jump for a header. (Sorry Nishy!)

matty_f
13-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I thought hibs were fantastic first half and good in the second. What a difference trakys makes, and I also thought de graaf was missed in the second. Thought we deserved the the points and look a totally different side from that of a last week.

O'Rourke3
13-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Sorry was never a penalty shocking from macdonald overall him and the assistants had a pretty poor game imho :grr:

Game is on now on BBC Alba and it's a pen

HibsMax
13-11-2010, 06:16 PM

You might be on your own here. I was watching the game on Hibs TV and it was replayed several times. It was a soft penalty but it was a penalty. Shirt pulled.

skipster7
13-11-2010, 06:20 PM
best performance ive seen seen from the team for ages,real team effort on and of the ball. big trakys had a VERY good game.fantastic passing and movement first half, great steel and dig when under pressure in the second. the fans were great as well:greengrin:notworthy:

hibee_girl
13-11-2010, 06:21 PM
:agree:

Very impressed with him today

Scooter
13-11-2010, 06:21 PM
we missed De Graff in the second half

Bishop Hibee
13-11-2010, 06:22 PM

If that's the case then why were we not given a penalty when Trakys was pushed in the back by the defender with both hands in the box? As for Murray being sent off, no chance. Their players went mental trying to get him sent off as they were frustrated at not being able to break down a magnificent Hibs defence. Didn't see the Trakys incident it was so late but the West Lower was going berserk so I hardly think the 'well player was innocent either.

Hibs best of the season in the first half apart from 10 mins after our second goal and the second half was a great display of grit and will to win. Brown didn't have a save to make.

GGTTH.

skipster7
13-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I thought hibs were fantastic first half and good in the second. What a difference trakys makes, and I also thought de graaf was missed in the second. Thought we deserved the the points and look a totally different side from that of a last week.
thought de graff was missed as well because he was very good in the first half, started to lose the midfield a bit until thicot came on:agree:

West Stand View
13-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Glad to see Murray back and adding some bite to midfield. Not sure how much 2nd half performance was due to loss of De Graaf and how much was just Motherwell upping the performance.

patlowe
14-11-2010, 09:54 AM
It was like watching a new team out there yesterday but the only fear I have is that we've seen several new dawns against Motherwell over the years as I think they tend to let us play our own game. Our best performances under Yogi, Mixu and JC seemed to come against 'Well, here's hoping that it's just a coincidence!

skipster7
14-11-2010, 10:16 AM
had to laugh when deek was wrogly flagged offside in the second half and the motherwell took the the free kick from ON the half way line:confused::rolleyes:

The Harp
14-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Thought we played some lovely stuff at times yesterday, particularly in the first half. Haven't seen much of Dickoh (hope he's ok) and Trakys but thought they both fitted in well.
Good to see so many smiling faces leaving ER at the end of a game. :wink:

Hibercelona
14-11-2010, 10:57 AM
had to laugh when deek was wrogly flagged offside in the second half and the motherwell took the the free kick from ON the half way line:confused::rolleyes:

You'll only see that in Scottish football... :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-11-2010, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=skipster7;2636673]best performance ive seen seen from the team for ages,real team effort on and of the ball. big trakys had a VERY good game.

I hope that the backroom staff can devise training regime to help him get up to speed with the rest of the squad because we could have a real find with this boy. Made no sense when Hughes signed a player that wasn't fit, when we needed boys that were ready to play, but out of adversity, we may have a gem. Mixu made a massive mistake when he signed JJ and then let him try to get match fit using first team games.

Albion Hibs
14-11-2010, 11:10 AM
If that's the case then why were we not given a penalty when Trakys was pushed in the back by the defender with both hands in the box? As for Murray being sent off, no chance. Their players went mental trying to get him sent off as they were frustrated at not being able to break down a magnificent Hibs defence. Didn't see the Trakys incident it was so late but the West Lower was going berserk so I hardly think the 'well player was innocent either.

Hibs best of the season in the first half apart from 10 mins after our second goal and the second half was a great display of grit and will to win. Brown didn't have a save to make.

GGTTH.

Agreed with comments above, played very well in the first 45 mins, perhaps the best we have played all season. The second half we didnt play as well, more counter attack, most positive thing about that is we defeneded for the whole 45 very well.

No way in the world murray should have been sent off, had every right to go for the ball, i think craigan was perhaps just annoyed with himself for giving away the second - maybe he should just stick to the TV.

On a seperate note think the motherwell boys want to have a word with themselves, tried pretty hard all game, especially at the end to get our players sent off.

Well done hibs, another fantastic result.