PDA

View Full Version : I said it at work today

Loopz
11-11-2010, 10:13 PM
And again at my 5 a sides tonight. Last nights result does not make up for Sundays embarrassment. Does anyone feel the same.

Dirkster23
11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
And again at my 5 a sides tonight. Last nights result does not make up for Sundays embarrassment. Does anyone feel the same.

:bye:

Zazu62
11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Wtf?

Removed
11-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Take it you weren't there then :bye:

Hibercelona
11-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Nothing makes up for any derby defeats.

But last night was pretty sweet IMO.

kevinc
11-11-2010, 10:22 PM
For me, beating the champions makes up for getting beat of sex offenders utd!

Loopz
11-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Take it you weren't there then :bye:
No I was not but I was there on Sunday along with my 5 & 9 year old sons who are both season ticket holders. I was actually embarrassed by the team I've supported all my life for the first time I can remember. They have alot of good performances to put in to make up for that.

Removed
11-11-2010, 10:29 PM
No I was not but I was there on Sunday along with my 5 & 9 year old sons who are both season ticket holders. I was actually embarrassed by the team I've supported all my life for the first time I can remember. They have alot of good performances to put in to make up for that.

You and me both, but I've been embarrassed by Hibs a fair few times and whilst last night doesn't make up for Sunday it gave me back some pride in my team.

Is someone actually saying that it does make up for Sunday for you to start the thread :confused:

Sir David Gray
11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
This is a brave post that the OP has made but I can sort of see where he is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, last night's result was fantastic and the players are rightly getting the plaudits for what was by all accounts a brilliant team display.

However, that result alone does not suddenly make everything ok and the players still have it all to do in order to get us up that league, where we should be. We still lie 8th in the SPL (which isn't good enough) and are still only two points off the bottom.

There is very little point in getting that result last night if we don't follow it up on Saturday by beating Motherwell and then the following week at Inverness as both those sides are currently occupying the spots where I feel that we should be and they are the teams that we should be competing with. Being completely honest about things, I think most people will accept that Rangers aren't our direct competitors and although it's always nice to hump them at Ibrox, they will still finish the season about 25 points ahead of us.

I really hope that we have turned the corner now and that last night is the start of good things to come but I'm not going to speak too soon. Once we manage to string two or three good results together, I will start to believe.

I agree that the players have a lot of making up to do after the (non) performance in the derby.

Halifaxhibby
11-11-2010, 10:31 PM
It might not completely make up for sundays defeat but it sure goes a hell of a long way in doing so!!

Derbies are all about who wants it the most. As long as that was the turning point in our season and we murder them at *********** on new years day i'll be pretty pleased.
Far too many people posting negative stuff on here all the time, if you can't find anything good to say about pumping the huns in their own backyard 3-0 you'll never be happy mate.

:confused:

Arch Stanton
11-11-2010, 10:33 PM

I don't, no. But if you want to then just go say it again in the gents toilet at the end of Princes St - and if it is really so very embarrassing just go into a cubicle and say it!

Hibercelona
11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
This is a brave post that the OP has made but I can sort of see where he is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, last night's result was fantastic and the players are rightly getting the plaudits for what was by all accounts a brilliant team display.

However, that result alone does not suddenly make everything ok and the players still have it all to do in order to get us up that league, where we should be. We still lie 8th in the SPL (which isn't good enough) and are still only two points off the bottom.

There is very little point in getting that result last night if we don't follow it up on Saturday by beating Motherwell and then the following week at Inverness as both those sides are currently occupying the spots where I feel that we should be and they are the teams that we should be competing with. Being completely honest about things, I think most people will accept that Rangers aren't our direct competitors and although it's always nice to hump them at Ibrox, they will still finish the season about 25 points ahead of us.

I really hope that we have turned the corner now and that last night is the start of good things to come but I'm not going to speak too soon. Once we manage to string two or three good results together, I will start to believe.

I agree that the players have a lot of making up to do after the (non) performance in the derby.

:top marks

Removed
11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
:top marks

I agree WH but what is it that our team was lacking? I heard the manager and players say it - a bit of confidence.

Now if that last night doesn't fill them with confidence in their ability as individuals and as a team then NOTHING ever will.

There is the foundations now to go on a wee run and move up that table. We ALL now have a part to play in helping them do that. 12th man and all that :thumbsup:

Now lets start being positive. Sunday is gone and done. We can't change that and neither can the players. Onwards and upwards I say.

Glory Glory :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
11-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Can we just no enjoy the result without over analysing things for once :dunno:

the past is the past, it cant be changed, im looking forward and i hope the team are as well, Motherwell is another hard game and im exited in seeing how the team can react after yesterday.

Hibee Daz
11-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I would rather lose to Rankers 2-0 at home if it meant a 3 nil win at *********** was on the cards, but as that seems to be an impossible scenario we'll just have to make do with last nights result and it certainly does help ease the pain of sunday a tad!

truehibernian
11-11-2010, 10:45 PM
I also hope CC and the team listened to Craig Brown's assessment of his team's performance, albeit a 4-0 win, he slated them for not playing well and having the luck of "4 shots, 4 goals".

Last night was exactly what the doctor ordered and gives the team far more belief than a victory against Hearts. Derbies take care of themselves, no team can truly say they are streets ahead of the other. Hearts won and deserved it. Rangers however were unbeaten at Ibrox for an age, the SPL champions, doing okay in the Champions League, holding Man Utd at Old Trafford, and scoring for fun in the league. 40,000 fans also wanting them to hump us silly.

The lads were low in confidence, hurting and perhaps expecting a defeat. They scored, they played good possession football, they scored again. Confidence oozed from them. They all played as a team

Let's get right behind them from the off on Saturday and let them know we are with them too. Hearts will come again.....nowt better than beating them at Tynie too :wink:

Removed
11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Can we just no enjoy the result without over analysing things for once :dunno:

the past is the past, it cant be changed, im looking forward and i hope the team are as well, Motherwell is another hard game and im exited in seeing how the team can react after yesterday.

:agree:

I also hope CC and the team listened to Craig Brown's assessment of his team's performance, albeit a 4-0 win, he slated them for not playing well and having the luck of "4 shots, 4 goals".

Last night was exactly what the doctor ordered and gives the team far more belief than a victory against Hearts. Derbies take care of themselves, no team can truly say they are streets ahead of the other. Hearts won and deserved it. Rangers however were unbeaten at Ibrox for an age, the SPL champions, doing okay in the Champions League, holding Man Utd at Old Trafford, and scoring for fun in the league. 40,000 fans also wanting them to hump us silly.

The lads were low in confidence, hurting and perhaps expecting a defeat. They scored, they played good possession football, they scored again. Confidence oozed from them. They all played as a team

Let's get right behind them from the off on Saturday and let them know we are with them too. Hearts will come again.....nowt better than beating them at Tynie too :wink:

:agree:

Loopz
11-11-2010, 10:53 PM
It might not completely make up for sundays defeat but it sure goes a hell of a long way in doing so!!

Derbies are all about who wants it the most. As long as that was the turning point in our season and we murder them at *********** on new years day i'll be pretty pleased.
Far too many people posting negative stuff on here all the time, if you can't find anything good to say about pumping the huns in their own backyard 3-0 you'll never be happy mate.

:confused:

I don't believe my post was negative. I was trying to say that 1 result does not guarantee weve turned the corner ( And if that was proven to be the case then I could forgive them).

CRABIT "I don't, no. But if you want to then just go say it again in the gents toilet at the end of Princes St - and if it is really so very embarrassing just go into a cubicle and say it!"

I would say you have some issues you should talk to someone about.

Wonderfull to get a very important 3 points against the Huns last night. Lets hope we are capable of repeating the performance on Saturday

Removed
11-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't believe my post was negative. I was trying to say that 1 result does not guarantee weve turned the corner ( And if that was proven to be the case then I could forgive them).

CRABIT "I don't, no. But if you want to then just go say it again in the gents toilet at the end of Princes St - and if it is really so very embarrassing just go into a cubicle and say it!"

Wonderfull to get a very important 3 points against the Huns last night. Lets hope we are capable of repeating the performance on Saturday

I do. IMO

And I haven't seen or heard anyone say that last night has guaranteed we've turned the corner. Have you?

Arch Stanton
11-11-2010, 10:57 PM

I'm not the one with issues pal. I'm sure half of Edinburgh would agree with you that preferring to dwell on Sunday's result isn't negative! Talk to me about people with issues?

Loopz
11-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not the one with issues pal. I'm sure half of Edinburgh would agree with you that preferring to dwell on Sunday's result isn't negative! Talk to me about people with issues?

Not a dweller, just a practical kind of guy.

Hibercelona
11-11-2010, 11:06 PM

It takes a strong team to score 4 goals from 4 shots while conceeding none.

It just shows the metal that Motherwell have.

Hopefully we dont get carried away with the result last night and the player feet remain firmly on the ground.

Arch Stanton
11-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Not a dweller, just a practical kind of guy.

I know, I know - you go to work, you go to 5-a-sides - just do what you have to do. Standing around being embarrassed is doing you no good whatsoever!

Albion Hibs
11-11-2010, 11:10 PM

I dont agree with the view of "making up" for a result. It is like a lot of comments on here that players sould "say sorry" for a performance.

Of course Sunday was disappointing, but I would hope that the players approach each game with a view of lets win, not lets make up for the one we just lost. The flip side would of course be we have made up for that one - week off ahead coming up!

At this point in the season given were we are, points are points for me. Away from home to the old firm does not get your 4 points instead of 3, but it does feel a little special!!

Removed
11-11-2010, 11:11 PM
It takes a strong team to score 4 goals from 4 shots while conceeding none.

Hopefully we dont get carried away with the result last night and the player feet remain firmly on the ground.

Have you seen the goals? I wasn't impressed and I think that was the point grandpa broon was making, neither was he.

truehibernian
11-11-2010, 11:20 PM
My point was that despite the result Well had, Craig Brown said they were not playing well.

I hope Hibs build on the Ibrox result, and run out on Saturday with supreme confidence that they will win. And I hope we give the team the backing that adds to that confidence.

jdships
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM

:bye:

Removed
11-11-2010, 11:23 PM
I know, I know - you go to work, you go to 5-a-sides - just do what you have to do. Standing around being embarrassed is doing you no good whatsoever!

:faf:

:agree: Man up

HibeePaj
11-11-2010, 11:34 PM
it excuses it for me :thumbsup:

I'm over it. Looking forward to the next game..

Glory Glory!

basehibby
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM

No, I don't feel the same. It seems to me that the players responded in exactly the right way to Sunday's embarrassment - and fought their way to an impressive victory with not a little style.

Does it make up for the abject form of the previous 9 months though? Certainly not - but they can make a good start on that by winning against Motherwell on saturday!

fatbloke
11-11-2010, 11:40 PM
]It takes a strong team to score 4 goals from 4 shots [/B]while conceeding none.

Aberdeen did it against us then look what has happened to them since. Football is funny that's why we love it and what gives us the chance to come on a forum like this and make our point.

Loopz
11-11-2010, 11:41 PM

You miss the point completely CRABIT. I go to work / 5 a sides and engage in intelligent conversation with supporters from lots of different teams. This is not about me feeling embarrassed. It's about the players realising they are doing this to the supporters and rectifying the situation (Regular good / 110% performances) would be a start.

Hibercelona
12-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Have you seen the goals? I wasn't impressed and I think that was the point grandpa broon was making, neither was he.

Its not "how" goals are scored. Its the fact that they "are" scored that matters. :cool2:

Hibercelona
12-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Aberdeen did it against us then look what has happened to them since. Football is funny that's why we love it and what gives us the chance to come on a forum like this and make our point.

True. But we were shear murder "defensively" against Aberdeen.

As for Motherwell. Their league placing speaks for itself so far.

Expect a real fight at the weekend.

Removed
12-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Its not "how" goals are scored. Its the fact that they "are" scored that matters. :cool2:

Well let's hope they've used up all their luck in one game then :greengrin

fatbloke
12-11-2010, 12:25 AM
True. But we were shear murder "defensively" against Aberdeen.

As for Motherwell. Their league placing speaks for itself so far.

Expect a real fight at the weekend.

I agree but am now more hopeful than I was before wed night.

monktonharp
12-11-2010, 12:32 AM

I agree that the players have a lot of making up to do after the (non) performance in the derby.THE POINT as you say about getting that result last night was surely a point that we have players that are good enough to propel us up this league. when a team is at the lower regions of any league,you dont suddenly expect them to turn it all round but i'd expect a fighting spirit on Saturday from all concerned. who knows, we could actually win. thinking back to a couple of our home games,Hamilton,ICT,.....missed penalties/hit the bar/post etc poor performances by several players in those games, we should be further up.a couple of breaks in the next few games,like we got last night.........then we could be suddenly back up there. I fully expect us to make a fist of it on Saturday,and go for a win!

poolman
12-11-2010, 01:32 AM

:asshole:

Lucius Apuleius
12-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Between the two games we hoped for 3 points and most, going by comments here, expected none. We have three. Nothing to be embarrassed about. If football embarrasses you then let me tell you that you have led a sheltered life. As for giving 110%???? Physically impossible IMO.

GTTH

marinello59
12-11-2010, 06:38 AM

Not really but then again, I don't play five a sides anymore. Just how bad is your fives team?

Green_one
12-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Great. Now we are trying to turn a 3-0 win at Ibrox into a bad thing.:grr:

Get over it. First to beat Rangers this season and first to beat them at home for yonks. Now that is a lot better than getting a result against the muppets from Gorgie. Tell your 5s mates that!!!

When was the last time their teams beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox? Probably never. You can then LIST our 3-0 wins.

As it says in The Shining - We're back!!! (OK small mis-quote)

HibeePaj
12-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Off the back of the poor form that we have been on this is so much more than just 3 points.

Beating the Champions at Home
Scoring 3 Against the Champions
A Cleansheet against the Champions
Without our most valuable player

Mac
12-11-2010, 09:22 AM

you must be about 3 if thats the worst and most embarrassed you have been watching Hibs, ive seen much, much worse!!!!

For me humping der hun definitely made up for it because the team were able to bounce back under our new manager!!!

marinello59
12-11-2010, 09:32 AM
you must be about 3 if thats the worst and most embarrassed you have been watching Hibs, ive seen much, much worse!!!!

I have been certainly been much more embarrassed watching Hibs. Nothing to do with the fitba, I was wearing flares and platform shoes.

johnrebus
12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I thought that this might have sunk in by now.

This is Hibernian Football Club.

Capable of losing to the worst side in the world one day, then beating the best the next day.

Thats just how it is.

:dunno:

mjhibby
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
We cant change the derby result but what it did show that who will play on new years day and i bet murray will be the first name on the team sheet.God knows why yogi didnt play him there before and there will be no messing about with him in there.Now if we could just get someone similar to play beide murray then wew ill be in with a great shout in that game.The result on wednesday has given everyone with the club a massive boost and even the hertz fans have been grudginly admitting it was some result.The season starts now and consistency is the key and to battle to the last minute.Best ive felt as a hibby since march 2007 tbh.So yes i have forgiven them sundays performance and even think rankin could be a player if he has belief.

Wilson
12-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Off the back of the poor form that we have been on this is so much more than just 3 points.

Beating the Champions at Home
Scoring 3 Against the Champions
A Cleansheet against the Champions
Without our most valuable player

Not to mention that it was against the champions :dizzy:

Stevie Reid
12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
There is very little point in getting that result last night if we don't follow it up on Saturday by beating Motherwell and then the following week at Inverness as both those sides are currently occupying the spots where I feel that we should be and they are the teams that we should be competing with.

Disagree with this point - you have said yourself in the remainder of your post that we have not automatically turned the corner due to that Ibrox result, yet then state that Wednesday will be a pointless exercise if we don't beat a Motherwell team in great form and with twice as many points as us after 12 games, then do what no other Hibs team has done and beat ICT in Inverness.

Not only was Wednesday a phenomenal boost for us after Sunday, it set the points taken since CC took over to a reasonable level - I'm pretty sure when he arrived we would all have taken 3 draws from Aberdeen and Dundee Utd away and Hearts at home, and accepted a defeat from Rangers at Ibrox - we now have the equivalent number of points to that sequence of results.

After the nadir of Sunday, the performance and result against Rangers was incredible - the performance level being the best thing, as it was, by all accounts, everything that Sunday wasn't - commited, disciplined, organised, hard fought and with no little threat going forward, something that we had all hoped to see sooner (though I believe that the performance at Tannadice was good, Sunday was a HUGE backwards step).

Most importanly over the next 2 games I want that level of performance to continue. We have a great record against Motherwell but the biggest mistake we can make is to underestimate them in any way tomorrow - if we put in a good performance but things don't work out for us, a draw will still be a good result and a defeat won't be a disaster - same goes for ICT the following week.

2 draws would mean 5 points from 6 games, which I think would be an acceptable return from those fixtures for any Hibs team in recent years - never mind one in our recent form. Conversely, any prediction of 9 points from Rangers (A), Motherwell (H) and ICT (A) is wildly optimistic at the best of times. Of course we very much want to win both fixtures and are most certainlly capable, but there are no guarantees in football. Keep the 100% performances coming and we'll be alright in time, but these are two very hard fixtures coming up.

Mon the Cabbage.

Sir David Gray
12-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Disagree with this point - you have said yourself in the remainder of your post that we have not automatically turned the corner due to that Ibrox result, yet then state that Wednesday will be a pointless exercise if we don't beat a Motherwell team in great form and with twice as many points as us after 12 games, then do what no other Hibs team has done and beat ICT in Inverness.

Not only was Wednesday a phenomenal boost for us after Sunday, it set the points taken since CC took over to a reasonable level - I'm pretty sure when he arrived we would all have taken 3 draws from Aberdeen and Dundee Utd away and Hearts at home, and accepted a defeat from Rangers at Ibrox - we now have the equivalent number of points to that sequence of results.

After the nadir of Sunday, the performance and result against Rangers was incredible - the performance level being the best thing, as it was, by all accounts, everything that Sunday wasn't - commited, disciplined, organised, hard fought and with no little threat going forward, something that we had all hoped to see sooner (though I believe that the performance at Tannadice was good, Sunday was a HUGE backwards step).

Most importanly over the next 2 games I want that level of performance to continue. We have a great record against Motherwell but the biggest mistake we can make is to underestimate them in any way tomorrow - if we put in a good performance but things don't work out for us, a draw will still be a good result and a defeat won't be a disaster - same goes for ICT the following week.

2 draws would mean 5 points from 6 games, which I think would be an acceptable return from those fixtures for any Hibs team in recent years - never mind one in our recent form. Conversely, any prediction of 9 points from Rangers (A), Motherwell (H) and ICT (A) is wildly optimistic at the best of times. Of course we very much want to win both fixtures and are most certainlly capable, but there are no guarantees in football. Keep the 100% performances coming and we'll be alright in time, but these are two very hard fixtures coming up.

Mon the Cabbage.

I agree with all of what you have said, all I meant by what I said before is that although Wednesday's result was brilliant, it should be seen as being a bit of a bonus three points, I certainly see any points that we get from the Old Firm in that way, regardless of how we are playing.

Games against Motherwell and Inverness are our 'bread and butter', particularly this season since both those clubs are up at the top end of the league where we should be and are currently a good few points ahead of us. I believe we need at least four points from those two games to really get ourselves going. If we lose tomorrow, we will be sucked back in to the bottom again and it will likely drain some of the confidence, that must have been gained on Wednesday night, out of the players again.

Motherwell are 11 points ahead of us just now and they can't be allowed to get much further ahead than that. Although it's nice to beat Rangers on their own backyard, I don't really care how many points they finish ahead of us but tomorrow is a real proverbial 'six-pointer'. Lose tomorrow and we go 14 points behind Motherwell but win and we claw it back to 8 points.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us and it's certainly coming at a crucial point in our season. We have to build on Wednesday's result and ensure that the magnificent performance that the players put in is not all in vain.

Ed De Gramo
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM

I'm over the defeat....**** the bloodied turds.....

The win against the huns may not make up for the Derby defeat but its exactly the kick up the bahookie that was needed.

Get a string of wins under the belt....score goals and then revisit the yams on NYD :agree:

HibsMax
12-11-2010, 04:05 PM
The result against Der Hun makes up for a lot of things. There is an old adage, you're only as good as your last game. I think that in the interests of fairness we have to apply that both ways. We just got a fantastic results. That doesn't mean we're going to win the league but who wants to focus on the second last result, a loss, rather than the last result which was a convincing win?

EDIT: I live in the US and I follow the Patriots. Last week we were in the position of having the best record in the NFL at 6-1. We were playing against Cleveland, a 2-5 team. They beat us 34-14. That was embarrassing but I'm not going to dwell on that for the rest of the season. If the Pats hit a downward spiral then I am sure some people will point to that game as the turning point. I digress. We play the Steelers this weekend, in Pittsburgh, and I can guarantee you that a win against them will all but erase the memories of last week. Good teams lose. Bad teams win. It's not all about ONE game, it's about the season. I think it's a good idea to use your losses as motivation to play better in the future but it doesn't do anyone any good to dwell on them.

Baldy Foghorn
12-11-2010, 04:09 PM

Maybe does not make up for it, but it sure was a positive reaction, and a 100% improvement, and that is all you can ask for.... Long may it continue....

Stevie Reid
12-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I agree with all of what you have said, all I meant by what I said before is that although Wednesday's result was brilliant, it should be seen as being a bit of a bonus three points, I certainly see any points that we get from the Old Firm in that way, regardless of how we are playing.

Games against Motherwell and Inverness are our 'bread and butter', particularly this season since both those clubs are up at the top end of the league where we should be and are currently a good few points ahead of us. I believe we need at least four points from those two games to really get ourselves going. If we lose tomorrow, we will be sucked back in to the bottom again and it will likely drain some of the confidence, that must have been gained on Wednesday night, out of the players again.

Motherwell are 11 points ahead of us just now and they can't be allowed to get much further ahead than that. Although it's nice to beat Rangers on their own backyard, I don't really care how many points they finish ahead of us but tomorrow is a real proverbial 'six-pointer'. Lose tomorrow and we go 14 points behind Motherwell but win and we claw it back to 8 points.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us and it's certainly coming at a crucial point in our season. We have to build on Wednesday's result and ensure that the magnificent performance that the players put in is not all in vain.

You make very good points but as much as a defeat would be sore tomorrow, and no doubt be a dent to the players, it would not be the end of the world - depending on the circumstances. As much as we need to climb the league and we showed that we can compete with the best on Wed, we will need another big performance tomorrow - if we get one, hopefully the result will come, but there's much that can happen.

There are so many variables in football: - for example, say Motherwell are wrongly awarded a penalty in the early minutes of tomorrow's game, leaving us a goal and a man down - a draw then becomes a great result. Similarly Motherwell may put in a performance at ER like we did at Ibrox on Wed - in which case I think a draw would also be a good result.

I appreciate all of your points about not letting Motherwell getting too far away from us, but in the position we're in just stopping them winning wouldn't be a bad thing - and I am fearful of the supporters putting too much pressure on the team to get a win at ER, and the atmosphere being negative.

As long as we have every single player on the park knowing their job and giving 100% for themselves and their team mates, we'll be fine -we will not play well every week but we will win enough points to be comfortably in the top 6 imo.

hibiedude
12-11-2010, 04:18 PM

If you look at the negative side yes you are right BUT

the positive side gives us hope that the future is not all doom and gloom as some Hibs fans would have us believe.

We should treat the Rangers Win as light at the end of the tunnel. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
12-11-2010, 04:44 PM
If you look at the negative side yes you are right BUT

the positive side gives us hope that the future is not all doom and gloom as some Hibs fans would have us believe.

We should treat the Rangers Win as light at the end of the tunnel. :agree:

Sundays performance was one of the low points in my time as a Hibs supporter. Wednesdays result was a surprise to most of us who were fearing the worst. I remember being at Tynecastle during the Mowbray era and suffering a total hammering and of course we went to Ibrox 7 days later and knocked them out the cup 3-0.
One result will not turn this team into a successful outfit but it is a start and it will give the players and supporters a huge lift.
We have to remember that some of the players who were the stars of the side on Wednesday were the players who have been geting most stick on here in recent weeks namely Rankin , Miller and Bamba.
Calderwood still has a massive job on his hands and for what it is worth , I would have happilly swapped the results last week.

hibiedude
12-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Sundays performance was one of the low points in my time as a Hibs supporter. Wednesdays result was a surprise to most of us who were fearing the worst. I remember being at Tynecastle during the Mowbray era and suffering a total hammering and of course we went to Ibrox 7 days later and knocked them out the cup 3-0.
One result will not turn this team into a successful outfit but it is a start and it will give the players and supporters a huge lift.
We have to remember that some of the players who were the stars of the side on Wednesday were the players who have been geting most stick on here in recent weeks namely Rankin , Miller and Bamba.
Calderwood still has a massive job on his hands and for what it is worth , I would have happilly swapped the results last week.

over the last 8 months there has been many low points but a win against Rangers in Glasgow should give the players a lift for Motherwell tomorrow.

We are miles away from were we should be but we have to start somewhere we have seen progress since Calderwood arrival and our new number 2 Derek Adams will improve things further.

So there are positives at the club but it will take time- the hearts game proved that .

Hermit Crab
12-11-2010, 05:57 PM
After a great win why such a negative thread??? Forget Sundays result who cares its done and dusted move on :bye:

Dinkydoo
12-11-2010, 06:04 PM

As another poster has said, nothing can make up for a defeat to such a piss poor yam side but saying that, a win over the huns at Ibrox in such style has well and truely appeased me!!

I'm still buzzing after logging on here to check the score if I'm honest. :greengrin

GGTTH

fat freddy
12-11-2010, 06:17 PM
i remember a few years ago getting humped 7-0 at ibrox....that was pretty embarrassing but 3 days later it was forgotten when we humped the asbestos inhalers with goals from harper and lavety....easter rd was bouncing and all was forgiven...in football your only as good as your last game and in our last game we humped the champions on their own patch...it doesn't get much better.

Alfred E Newman
12-11-2010, 07:29 PM
After a great win why such a negative thread??? Forget Sundays result who cares its done and dusted move on :bye:

We can maybe forget Sundays result but I for one won`t forget Sundays embarrassing performance in a while.

Alfred E Newman
13-11-2010, 08:13 AM
What performance was that?

Maybe if you had sat through the defeat on Sunday you would know what performance I was talking about.

Arch Stanton
13-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I was just wondering if the embarrassed folks were feeling any better about things - or would even the winning of the Scottish Cup still be insufficient to dull that pain? :greengrin