PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood & Adams or Clarke & Stark

SouthMoroccoStu
11-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Trouble stirring and just a bit of fun!

What we have vs what we could have got.

I'd go for Calderwood and Adams. More proven at managerial level (both) and excellent level of appointment for the club.

aberhibsfc
11-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I can't disagree with you, I only hope after the investment (paid) to secure the services of our new management team this carries into the playing staff. We need to see the focus shifted to football infrastructure now.

Andy74
11-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Very happy and surprised with what we have got. Well done the Board.

Though if it goes wrong they will be accused of making wrong football decisions again!

euro Hibby
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
how long is a week in football...........board were to be sacked last week and now its congradulations time again.

mim
11-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Derek Adams is someone I'd have been happy with as manager, so I'm delighted that he has joined us as assistant.

I expect he is manager-in-waiting.

He'll get his chance when Calderwood moves on to Madrid to replace The Special One, after taking Hibs into the Champions League two years running. :wink:

Arch Stanton
11-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I can't disagree with you, I only hope after the investment (paid) to secure the services of our new management team this carries into the playing staff. We need to see the focus shifted to football infrastructure now.

Our last two managers were not deprived of funds - witness our high wages to turnover ratio. The irony is that the better CC and Adams are at their jobs the less need they will have to ship in mature, more costly, professionals with the problems that can bring.

Dashing Bob S
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Simple. Sunday night Clarke, Tuesday night Calderwood.

Timing is all.

Cropley10
11-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Very happy and surprised with what we have got. Well done the Board.

Though if it goes wrong they will be accused of making wrong football decisions again!

I don't think so - not the cheap or obvious options at all. Very happy with both these appointments - good for Hibs on a number of levels.

delbert
12-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Delighted with this, an ambitious young manager, and an equally ambitious assistant, have to say I never for one minute thought Adams would come down as a No2, but brilliant that he has. I guess its a win win for Adams if Hibs are successful, because if they are, in all probability Calderwood would possibly get a shot in the EPL, leaving Adams with a choice of an assistants job in the EPL, or take the reins at Easter Road, all of this dependant on success for Hibs first.

Anyway, good luck to them both, and if there are any gems to be unearthed from the first division, lets hope Adams identifies them quickly so we can get them to Easter Road pronto - GGTTH